Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

KingShiro posted:

The only really bad part of Dead Souls is the vehicle part as Kiryu, and the forklift part when I was going through it on the hardest difficulty.

Really? I thought it was a nice change of pace and I didn't find it overly difficult. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/657598215013830656

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
...and it will go live in 10 minutes here: http://www.twitch.tv/sega

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Alright. I'm ready.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

THE GAME IS REAL!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Japanese Phone Box posted:

Really? I thought it was a nice change of pace and I didn't find it overly difficult. Maybe it's because it's been a while since I've played it.

Pretty sure the forklift part was pure luck whether or not you got mobbed trying to move those cases (I think that's what you were doing) and the vehicle shooty part was bad because the hit box for the ogre things weak spot was really wonky.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oh man seeing him leave that boring rear end block of Yakuza 4 city :3:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Virtua Fighter 2 online is still in. That's neat.

I also like that these two guys seem legitimately enthusiastic about this game. It maybe kinda bodes well for the game within the halls of Sega America?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn it I want one of those t-shirts really bad now.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Apparently there's a comedy minigame and they translated it? That's going to be weird.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mikeycp posted:

Apparently there's a comedy minigame and they translated it? That's going to be weird.

Comedy in what way? Like a manzai sketch or something?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I only saw the official account mention it in chat, so I'm not 100% certain. I would assume so though?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There's a manzai arcade game (Namco?) where the gameplay is about timing and hitting the right button, so I figure.

Still has too many fights syndrome, in Ishin the bad guys wander around instead of forcing you to walk on the far other side of the street and try to be stealthy or fight, and that turns me the hell off.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2015

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why do so many hosts want to fight now?

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

SpacePig posted:

Yes. That was one of Haruka's sidequests. Stream just said they had some difficulty translating that, but it's in the game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh rad I wake up and find out Sega's actually doing some loving marketing for this game?! I'll have to catch the VOD later to get all the stuff I missed.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

Oh rad I wake up and find out Sega's actually doing some loving marketing for this game?! I'll have to catch the VOD later to get all the stuff I missed.

Archive is already up for viewing

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

They were pretty candid in the chat that they're trying to fix some misconceptions and improve generally as a company. Really cool guys.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That manzai game was hard for me. It's so drat fast and choosing which response would be the funniest was an exercise in high speed logic. It would probably be easier in my first language but I don't know by how much.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Here's that Namco game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwzsHXA3vIo

Timing and hitting "the right button" indeed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Until that stream I didn't even know about the whole Free Roam mode and now I can't breathe.

Santa, I've been a good boy all year, COME ON

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Can someone link me to a hard drive I can pop into my PS3 that is cheap but also not poo poo? I'm gonna need it for this game.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Jamesman posted:

Can someone link me to a hard drive I can pop into my PS3 that is cheap but also not poo poo? I'm gonna need it for this game.

western digital black drives are generally pretty cheap and they're a bit faster than the stock ps3 hard drive too

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

The black ones are kind of loud, if you care about that.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

canada jezus posted:

The black ones are kind of loud, if you care about that.

I'm not sure I ever noticed but that's probably because my ps3 isn't exactly quiet

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
So if I am correct Kiryu or any of main characters never kills anyone am I right? And no, Akiyama dropping one of the bad guys to his death in Dead Souls or zombies do not count

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

gyrobot posted:

So if I am correct Kiryu or any of main characters never kills anyone am I right? And no, Akiyama dropping one of the bad guys to his death in Dead Souls or zombies do not count
Sometimes in the historical games (and only for plot reasons, not during normal street swordfights), but not otherwise I think. Throwing a bicycle on top of a downed enemy and then stomping on it so hard the bicycle shatters just injures people's pride in this world.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sometimes in the historical games (and only for plot reasons, not during normal street swordfights), but not otherwise I think. Throwing a bicycle on top of a downed enemy and then stomping on it so hard the bicycle shatters just injures people's pride in this world.

Yeah, the main characters of a Yakuza game have never actually killed anyone, EVEN WHEN IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE FOR THE PLOT AND LEADS TO EXCELLENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, YAKUZA 4. Kiryu will just stab a guy fourteen times in the gut, and then afterwards that person will stand up, apologize, hand over some money and then run away at a full sprint.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, the main characters of a Yakuza game have never actually killed anyone, EVEN WHEN IT MAKES TOTAL SENSE FOR THE PLOT AND LEADS TO EXCELLENT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, YAKUZA 4. Kiryu will just stab a guy fourteen times in the gut, and then afterwards that person will stand up, apologize, hand over some money and then run away at a full sprint.

So just like real life then.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Randy Mythbuster posted:

So just like real life then.
You can literally shoot someone with a handgun until they can't get up and you still haven't killed them. They will just know that they were wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Justice bullets

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

Justice bullets
Justice bullets I bought out of an unmarked white van in a back alley of Japan's biggest red light district.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

> Punch and kick and slam the bad guy enough to pulverize solid rock, cut and stab the bad guy until he should be in liquid form, shoot him up until there's nothing but charred splatters had it been real life
> "Your'e right, I was wrong. I'll listen to your game-ending speech now before the credits roll"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's that one time Tanimura used a guy as a human shield/intentionally pushed him into his buddy's bullets and then immediately after you can just keep punching them.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Basically the Yakuza series makes me think of a blog entry I read once where a doctor watched Home Alone and gave explicit detail on how dead Joe Pesci would be by the end of the movie. Like, flesh rotting off of his exposed and most likely fractured skull dead. So that's what I think of when I use a sledgehammer to turn a man's ribcage into jelly.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

Not even Majima?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
edit: whoops.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

gyrobot posted:

Not even Majima?
At least in Zero, he has definite scruples about killing which are central to the plot. His wild man act appears to be just that, at least in that sense. And of course, we know the ridiculous hoops the story jumped through when it comes to Saejima.

These are all such nice yakuza.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

The best move is when you use the special that throws people off the top of buildings and then they appear after the battle to profusely apologise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Poolparty posted:

The best move is when you use the special that throws people off the top of buildings and then they appear after the battle to profusely apologise.

In Yakuza 4 there is a side mission where a guy is threatening to jump off a building, and of course you have to beat the hell out of him in order to change his mind. Well I went into that fight with a full heat meter, and immediately performed a heat action. It was the one where you throw them off the building.

I REALLY wish I had a video of that.

• Locked thread