Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Oh wow, it's got everything: science, action, a grandpa dimension, no shithead opinions, a joke . . . this is a Good Dilbert, almost certainly one of the best.

Old Dilbert can be entertaining, if not good. It's been around for 26 years though, so it's bound to get a little stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Helicity posted:

Old Dilbert can be entertaining, if not good. It's been around for 26 years though, so it's bound to get a little stale.

*walks over to a door labeled "POST HISTORY", opens it & is buried by hundreds of "modern Dilbert is bad" posts* yeah, I know

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Back To B.C.

Pogo (October 24, 1957)

Peanuts: Year Three (July 13-15, 1953)

And thus, Lucy became a Kurt Vonnegut fan for life.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Mark Trail

That's because you keep driving back towards them. Bullet holes? No worries... it's a rental.

You just rented a boat to Mark Trail. Kiss that baby good-bye!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
So, a book arrived today...

It was put together for King Features 100th anniversary, and it contains reprints of many of the strips that they carried.
It looks like some of this material will also be in a newspaper supplement that will be distributed next month.

I was a little surprised to see this on the back cover. I decided to keep the book anyways.

I might do something later to take some photos of some of these pages but for now, have a Buster Brown.

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Is the kid in blue a boy or a girl? I honestly cannot loving tell with that time period.

Post anything and everything Prince Valiant related.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

... in the land of hollow pigs, doughnuts, and upside down ice cream cones.

:stare:

9 Chickweed Lane 10/23/2004

There's probably a solid treatment for this obviously genetic hallucinatory illness.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Species has current technological reference.

Mark Trail

I could not stop laughing at Ken's face in the first panel. I was going to say anime eyes, but I think they're not even that. They're just weirdly funny.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

They're totally going to gently caress.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set forgot your name for a second there.

Working Daze almost hits a moment of self-awareness.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is...uh...

Hmm.

...yeah.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

These originally ran in September 1945, but it's nice that they also happen to be Halloween appropriate. :)

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

From this past Sunday's paper…

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

"We're putting out a hit on Times-New Roman. You in?"

Skippy (August 24, 1928)

Mafalda

Peanuts (October 25, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

This story's about to get all squishy, isn't it? John wouldn't be playing ball so readily if Cory wasn't about to do something noble.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (February 22-23, 1928)

Thimble Theater (May 11, 1929)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 23, 2015

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

This story's about to get all squishy, isn't it? John wouldn't be playing ball so readily if Cory wasn't about to do something noble.
I'd say it's been obvious for a few strips now that he's going to buy an engagement ring for his army buddy, but with Batiuk it could just be a misdirection before some new misery.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

He's selling his comics to pay for his army buddy's cancer screening. Cancerbean III: Season of the Witch.

Pork Lift
Oct 9, 2007

Winner of the 2012
:dong: Highway Traffic :dong:
Prediction Razzies

Dammit, Keane!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Holy hell, his mom beat the poo poo out of him. His clothes are torn to shreds. What kind of mother does that? Doesn't she realise she's the one who has to mend them?

Pooch Café

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGiskGwpKpA

Only one party here is having fun, but it's not who you think.

Yeah, I have a force field now, mother fucker! Get dunked!

Ballard Street

Same.

The Creeps

He's not even pointed in the right direction.

Lost Side of Suburbia

I hope it's just two dudes with shotguns driving an old chevy or something.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 23, 2015

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RandomFerret posted:

Holy hell, his mom beat the poo poo out of him. His clothes are torn to shreds. What kind of mother does that? Doesn't she realise she's the one who has to mend them?

Nah, that's what the maids are for.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Vanity plate? More like Censor bar.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Radio Ghost Patrol

I bet you'd be able to find people nowadays who'd be happy to pay for a haunted apartment. At a premium, even.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

This is a 100% accurate description of Christmas Tree Shops

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The site says they don't ship to California- they don't ship to the state that has almost a tenth of the country's population?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kavak posted:

The site says they don't ship to California- they don't ship to the state that has almost a tenth of the country's population?

That sort of thing is usually the result of some state law. None of the places you can buy booze online will ship to Pennsylvania, for example.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Sure, it's funny now, but this is pretty much how Republicans dominated elections for much of the 2000s.

Mary Worth

Jeff, that "fish-through-the-head" gag hat just makes you look like an idiot if you wear it all the time.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Yes, it's much less disturbing to see that your loved one can't breath on their own at all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

Even manages to get his :redpill: wrong.

quote:

Intelligent Life

Alterian posted:

They're totally going to gently caress.

While Skip holds a printer.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I am very sad to see the Phantom's efforts at brainwashing his children take hold.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

They always make sure that when Ben is typing he's always shown clearly to be hunting and pecking with his two big dumb pointer fingers. :allears:

I guess the serifs indicate that they're speaking in some variety of foreignese, though it's pretty damned easy to miss. I'm glad that as time has gone on we've improved our comics language translation technology.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Kavak posted:

It might be due to the Proposition 65, warning labels that state a product contains compounds that may cause cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm that are now required on many items sold in California. Some companies don't want to be bothered adding the extra label so just cut California out (or so I've been told).

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Rand Brittain posted:

I am very sad to see the Phantom's efforts at brainwashing his children take hold.

It's part of their cultural heritage. You might as well tell Amish people not to starve their wives and daughters.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Julet Esqu posted:

Big Ben Bolt

Guess he's seen Bolt in the locker room.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin gets his act together.

Ripley's

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Darthemed posted:

Calvin gets his act together.

This is one of my favorite extended storylines. I remember reading it when the strip was running and having no idea what the hell was going on.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Jeff, that "fish-through-the-head" gag hat just makes you look like an idiot if you wear it all the time.
It's actually the fish talking.

Incidentally I hope we get some good old-fashioned meddling soon. I'm tired of these plots where people just solve their problems themselves, Maryless. :mad:

Edit: Or should I say.... Worthless? :downsrim:

Presto fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 24, 2015

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Presto posted:

It's actually the fish talking.

Incidentally I hope we get some good old-fashioned meddling soon. I'm tired of these plots where people just solve their problems themselves, Maryless. :mad:

Edit: Or should I say.... Worthless? :downsrim:

Say, where are they eating again? The Tushie Trawler?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...