Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Arrrthritis posted:

It's actually a 1 in 6 chance to start with, if I remember correctly.

Loot die upgrade a dice to a 2-in-6, cursed loot die a 3-in-6, tomes 4-in-6, and grimoire an automatic success.

There is no 'loot dice', anything that looks like dice that you pick up on the map is a cursed loot die. Base is 2/6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Skandranon posted:

There is no 'loot dice', anything that looks like dice that you pick up on the map is a cursed loot die. Base is 2/6

Ah okay. My bad!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Anecdotally, I fused a bunch of weapons and got a type that was not part of the original fuse, sword&dagger for the stupid elf. Whoever posted about hoarding 'cause he didn't want to fuse stuff, I don't think it matters what you started with as long as the center icon turns into a question mark.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

The launch livestream will be up in 1h15mins. Meanwhile they're playing the awesome soundtrack :v:
http://www.twitch.tv/fatsharkgames

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Have we figured out exactly what the luck stat does?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

Anecdotally, I fused a bunch of weapons and got a type that was not part of the original fuse, sword&dagger for the stupid elf. Whoever posted about hoarding 'cause he didn't want to fuse stuff, I don't think it matters what you started with as long as the center icon turns into a question mark.

It must be weighted to use what you put in with a small chance of a complete random as it is too consistent to get one of a thing you put in.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

BadLlama posted:

Have we figured out exactly what the luck stat does?

Supposedly raises or lowers item drops within the level, such as healing items,potions, and grenades

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Mr Beens posted:

It must be weighted to use what you put in with a small chance of a complete random as it is too consistent to get one of a thing you put in.

I don't know then. I had the elf's duel sword in the mix with the rest being stuff from the other heroes. The resulting elf sword&dagger is the first time I've seen that thing. It used the same moveset as the duel sword though. Maybe it's in the same category despite the description.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Skandranon posted:

I always get these at the end of levels. It's pretty funny going "oh i've got bad luck for the rest of the level, funny that" *jumps into wagon*

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Laterbase posted:

Are people going to hate me for playing this with a 360 controller?

I just got a steam controller so I'm going to try to play it with that.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004

BossTweed posted:

I just got a steam controller so I'm going to try to play it with that.

Same. The only issue I've had so far is having to browse through a hundred pre-configs to find the one that works right. I mean some button presses are kinda easy to change, but touchpad function in particular needs just the right amount of tweaking.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Sex Robot posted:

Wait for a sale. It is a melee Left4Dead that apes it's predecessor but misses lots of the little details that made Left4Dead great. It also takes a lot for granted in the differences between a game based around ranged weaponry and a game based around melee and those differences have grown to form loving chasms of difference.

L4D was fun, but it was hardly perfect. The failure of them to even conceive of a special that made there be any reason to not just cluster in closets all the time was obvious within an hour of playing it, and we all had the honor of paying for L4D2 for them to do that.

The number of people here talking about 'impossible' situations really reads a lot like people overestimating their coordination or general game sense. Every time I've seen a run fail it's because people were dumb or uncoordinated. I'm not saying you couldn't have a perfect storm of special spawns, but given how many people are showing up in the thread suddenly talking about this makes me thinks they're doing stuff like moving on or triggering events when there are already signs/cues that assassins or hook rats are around.

Not to mention L4D had way more 'instant down dropped off some terrain' fallout from various enemy types. Instant/permanent health downs in this are way more avoidable if you're not dumb.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They did a fantastic job on that graveyard map. It's nice and long, the terrain varies from claustrophobic mazes to soaring caverns and more, and a fun/frantic "final objective" gimmick.

Not a huge fan of the black powder run though. With how open the map is it feels like it relies pretty heavily on teammates with good ranged weapons. Can't wait to see the rest of the new maps now.

Edit

also, this useful FOV info was posted on reddit earlier

quote:

"ingame FOV slider shows the vertical value"

Tables (V = vertical, H = horizontal, D = diagonal)

16:9 monitors (eg. 1920x1080, 1366x768, 2650x1440):
40 V = 66 H
47 V = 75 H
52 V = 82 H
59 V = 90 H
73 V = 106 H

16:10 monitors (eg. 1680x1050, 1920x1200):
40 V = 60 H
51 V = 75 H
56 V = 81 H
64 V = 90 H
73 V = 100 H

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 23, 2015

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Fayk posted:

L4D was fun, but it was hardly perfect. The failure of them to even conceive of a special that made there be any reason to not just cluster in closets all the time was obvious within an hour of playing it, and we all had the honor of paying for L4D2 for them to do that.

The number of people here talking about 'impossible' situations really reads a lot like people overestimating their coordination or general game sense. Every time I've seen a run fail it's because people were dumb or uncoordinated. I'm not saying you couldn't have a perfect storm of special spawns, but given how many people are showing up in the thread suddenly talking about this makes me thinks they're doing stuff like moving on or triggering events when there are already signs/cues that assassins or hook rats are around.

Not to mention L4D had way more 'instant down dropped off some terrain' fallout from various enemy types. Instant/permanent health downs in this are way more avoidable if you're not dumb.

Most of the deaths i've seen are from people loving up or not learning to block. Which you really have to do to avoid taking hits. I've been in a good group where my hunter and the soldier just plowed through a patrol of storm vermin the group accidentally alerted while the dwarf and elf duoed the rat ogre we had been slowly whittling down.

Of course the next group I joined was so incompetent I had to solo the last fourth of a patrol of stormvermin and a gunner since everyone else was downed almost immediately due to charging out of the chokepoint we had been at. Which of course lead to them getting filled with lead as they were piled on by heavily armored ratmen. So all that being said i'm leaning towards people not knowing what they're talking about when it comes to the special complaints.

On that note, the fact that you can actually go toe to toe with the rat ogre/tank analogue in melee with the right build and enough skill on the player end is :black101: as hell. I took that sucker on wielding a greatsword as the hunter and it was metal as gently caress. If he ran away i'd just unload on him with my repeater pistol. And when he charged me i'd just deflect his attacks with my sword before stabbing the poo poo out of him and scrambling backwards to brace for when we'd trade the next series of blows.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 23, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fencing Stormvermin with the Rapier and then finishing the wounded rat with a quick shot to the face is one of the reasons I love the Hunter so much.

I wish Rat Ogres gave a little bit of feedback about how much health they had left, if only the model looking bloodied and wounded.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just got this. Played the intro adventure with a friend and a pair of bots. It was kinda rough even on normal. Once I learned that A) I could charge the hammer to do a sweep instead of a overhead B) I didn't have to fully charge it to do a sweep dealing with lots of rots got a bit easier. Blunderbuss was kinda crap. Hurt crowds decently, but beyond a few feet even normal rats were living sometimes.

Might be on tonight to be a horrible, clueless beginner and ruin everyone's game in CTS. :getin:

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Can someone confirm/deny this? The game says you need all your stamina to block a rat ogre. It definitely seems like if you don't have every point of your stamina available to block with, the rat ogre's smash attack tears you open like a tin can if it hits. If you do have it, then you just lose all your stamina but aren't really hurt. Is that right?

So, if you have a shield and thus a max of 5 stamina, but block at 4 stamina, you get damaged as if you didn't have any at all. Meanwhile someone with 3 stamina who blocks at 3 takes no damage. Is that correct? If so, I feel like that's kind a lovely penalty when fighting ogres on people using sword and board, it's a lot quicker to regain 3 than 5 stamina.

Or am I imagining things and blocking doesn't help in the first place? Also, yes, I know, the secret is to learn to dodge, but that's not the question.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
They should do a Bad Rats cross promotion.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I wish Rat Ogres were dumb and attacked everything around them. It'd be fun to see them smash a bunch of stormvermin cause they got too close, not just us heroes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

ellbent posted:

Can someone confirm/deny this? The game says you need all your stamina to block a rat ogre. It definitely seems like if you don't have every point of your stamina available to block with, the rat ogre's smash attack tears you open like a tin can if it hits. If you do have it, then you just lose all your stamina but aren't really hurt. Is that right?

So, if you have a shield and thus a max of 5 stamina, but block at 4 stamina, you get damaged as if you didn't have any at all. Meanwhile someone with 3 stamina who blocks at 3 takes no damage. Is that correct? If so, I feel like that's kind a lovely penalty when fighting ogres on people using sword and board, it's a lot quicker to regain 3 than 5 stamina.

Or am I imagining things and blocking doesn't help in the first place? Also, yes, I know, the secret is to learn to dodge, but that's not the question.

I think they mean 3 stamina. 3 is a full block and anything else doesn't work.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Grondoth posted:

I wish Rat Ogres were dumb and attacked everything around them. It'd be fun to see them smash a bunch of stormvermin cause they got too close, not just us heroes.

They will actually do this, their sweeping swings and pounds have friendly fire if other skaven get in the way while they're attacking someone. I baited a rat ogre into killing two stormvermin for me during a particularly lovely situation just a few minutes ago.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Haha. Oh man. So nightmare mode is something. It certainly ought to ramp up the black comedy aspects of the setting.

Friendly fire is on for ranged for that setting and the one above it. Enjoy your bright wizard accidentally sending your team scattering in a panic every time they accidentally set them on fire. :v:

Edit: At least now I can follow through on my threats to execute incompetent team mates when playing as the witch hunter. :commissar:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 23, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
e; whoops, wrong co-op FPS thread.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 23, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Perestroika posted:

Usually, all dice you roll for loot at the end have a 2 in 6 chance to come up with a success. If you manage to bring a tome through to the end, one die each per tome gets upgraded to one that has a 4 in 6 chance of a success. Finding a loot die does the same but upgrades it to 3 in 6, while a grimoire gives you a 6 in 6 chance, i.e. a guaranteed success.

Thanks for this.

I wasn't a fan of L4D but this here is fun.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Wheat and Chaff is Stormvermin Bloodbowl Armageddon 2015 and I love it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Archonex posted:

Haha. Oh man. So nightmare mode is something. It certainly ought to ramp up the black comedy aspects of the setting.

Friendly fire is on for ranged for that setting and the one above it. Enjoy your bright wizard accidentally sending your team scattering in a panic every time they accidentally set them on fire. :v:

Edit: At least now I can follow through on my threats to execute incompetent team mates when playing as the witch hunter. :commissar:

Is it only for ranged attacks? Thank christ, if it was melee then the game would be nigh unplayable. Can imagine going for a sweep over the dwarf's head and aiming a little too low, taking his head off too

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is it only for ranged attacks? Thank christ, if it was melee then the game would be nigh unplayable. Can imagine going for a sweep over the dwarf's head and aiming a little too low, taking his head off too

They should add an End Times difficulty where this happens.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

They should add an End Times difficulty where this happens.

The elf would be dead roughly a minute after the map loads.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

McGavin posted:

The elf would be dead roughly a minute after the map loads.

And nothing of value was lost.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

I don't know then. I had the elf's duel sword in the mix with the rest being stuff from the other heroes. The resulting elf sword&dagger is the first time I've seen that thing. It used the same moveset as the duel sword though. Maybe it's in the same category despite the description.

Maybe. I've never seen anything come out of a the fuse other than one of the things I've put in (10 or so fuses) and that is how it got explained to me when I started with the game last weekend. Maybe they changed it for release to be totally random if you don't put all of the same item in?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Curse pubbies. Stealing medicine and ammo when they are almost full, or running off alone and then needing to be rescued.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Curse pubbies. Stealing medicine and ammo when they are almost full, or running off alone and then needing to be rescued.

don't touch the pubbie forge and complain it's hot

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hammerstein posted:

I keep trying to heal my teammates, but healing myself accidentally. :downs:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Azerban posted:

don't touch the pubbie forge and complain it's hot

Sometimes you just want to do one run without the hassle of setting up a goon group. I would say is basic competency so much to ask for pubbies but yes, yes it is

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

McGavin posted:

I keep trying to heal my teammates, but healing myself accidentally. :downs:

i do this all the time but in my heart i knew i was never going to heal them

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9nGyPz9uT0 Its out!
How many hats are out there?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Engines of War and Garden of Morr are just as good as Horn of Magnus from a gameplay perspective, if not better. Engines of War forces you out of the "find the nearest chokepoint and turtle up" mentality since it's really wide open and dangerous and Garden of Morr has a huge amount of terrain variety.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
But then again, Garden Of Morr is 30 minutes of Green Screen Filter.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
A few things (CEO is currently painting lizardmen, animators would like to see lizardmen :toot:) mentioned in the livestream:

quote:

• First free DLC will be adding end tier loot.

• Trading has been discussed, trading dicerolls among teammates seems better than straight item trades at this point. Hat trading would naturally be an easy low priority addition.

• Gender options for characters are unlikely to happen but future heroes will be varied.

• Dedicated servers, possibility to tweak game settings.

• L4D like realism mode that provides better loot.

• More death animations (like skaven running around on fire!) and refinement of existing animations. There might be more friendly fire instances by specials e.g stormvermin and rat ogres

• Coop mode where two teams interact with each other is the 'simple' version they're looking at. Proper heroes vs skaven PvP if it happens will be beyond console release.

• Optimisations geared towards console release. They may not be noticeable since they're catering towards the lower end of CPUs.

It was a little on the light side but the CEO was insistent that future content is still up for discussion and that they're paying attention to the community. Facial hair is also dynamic, apparently!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Aussie goons get on tonight and let's bang out new missions while drinking.

I have sunk about 5x the hours into the beta than I did I. L4D 1&2. Something about this game just clicks for me. L4D while a good game just bored me after a few runs through. Besides Witcher 3 this so far has been my favourite game this year. That of course is when playing with goons. Playing with pubbies 9/10 times is pure misery.

Yes there are times nuffle fucks the ever living poo poo out of you with specials but you just have to laugh. The only thing that I don't like is try hard people who get angry when a someone is not being perfect. Relax, have a drink and gently caress some rats up.

With this and Rebel galaxy I really have no urge to buy Battlefront or Fallout 4 until the eventual sale on both.

Raged fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 23, 2015

• Locked thread