Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have mixed feelings about teammate genocide. But if it's funny, it can't be that bad.

e: The influx of free KV-5s means that if you play tier 6, you're going to be bottom tier in 90% of your battles.

Terrorist Fistbump fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

:wow:

ZL please stop playing the game so much. It can't be good for your mental health.

Btw where is that from?

http://www.noobmeter.com/recent/na/zombielenin/1000076538/1000076538_00005356_20151022_172933/1000076538_00005392_20151023_054334

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Exia00 posted:

WG is so uncreative they are stealing game types from other games now...

This guy is really pissed off because i "rerolled" and killed him because he was intentually blocking teammates (it was hellsau so not really sure he counts as a teammate)

Um, team damage doesnt count towards total damage, right? This guy...

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Bort Bortles posted:

Um, team damage doesnt count towards total damage, right? This guy...

I was going to tell him that but he deleted the conversation. So i sent it to his clan commander to see if i can get anymore lolz out of this.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Exia00 posted:

WG is so uncreative they are stealing game types from other games now...

This guy is really pissed off because i "rerolled" and killed him because he was intentually blocking teammates (it was hellsau so not really sure he counts as a teammate)

Where do people learn to type like this? No grown adult actually speaks this way.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Too much internet and not enough good literature. It's the way bad movie villains speak, but the person writing it isn't smart enough to realize that speech pattern is satirizing the faux-sophisticated social outcast.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a red player but I identify as a purple, and I have a job AND a PHD, so you trolls better shut up

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

WitchFetish posted:

I'm a red player but I identify as a purple, and I have a job AND a PHD, so you trolls better shut up

You are also colorblind and french.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I am an orange who self-identifies as red. Please don't talk about winrate; it triggers me and sends me into teamkilling fantasies.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been triggered.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Maybe you're wrong to use average match length? If he consistently dies in the first minute or two then he could get those matches done pretty fast!

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I'm all about the xp/hour

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
zl is a gevlon goblin alt

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Hang on, people outside Eve know Gevlon Goblin?

Also, i identify as a reroll. I don't care that people see me as a cis-gimmick-sealclubbing alt, was born in the wrong body.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Salean posted:

It's called quixperience. Damage enemy (or don't!) and die, get into another tank, get all the tanks in as little time as possible.

e: VVV maybe you should take lessons on quixposting.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 23, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Salean posted:

I'd like to tell you about Quixperience.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, i identify as a reroll. I don't care that people see me as a cis-gimmick-sealclubbing alt, was born in the wrong body.

Yeah, at some point he wrote a post about how people were playing Tanks wrong

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Moatman posted:

Yeah, at some point he wrote a post about how people were playing Tanks wrong
a whole series of posts, essentially pushing the same agenda as quixperience

though he started on a private server in wow with his wallet edited to show the maximum gold value

essentially he is what happens when the conmen who sell get rich quick schemes irl find the gullible desperation market has no need of their services and keep themselves in practice by writing a blog about pixel economics

"this one neat trick that banks hate!!!!1" incarnate

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Where do people learn to type like this? No grown adult actually speaks this way.
joke's on you, that is the unfiltered contents of my mind, also I have been refused any line of credit for wearing a sonic the hedghog costume

stephenfry fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Oct 23, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NA dudes, if you're driving your KV-5 this weekend to try to get some sweet 50% XP consumables, and you get a Steel Wall, screenshot the results screen for a chance at 3500 gold:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/469335-contest-stand-up-and-face-the-tankenstein/

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

NA dudes, if you're driving your KV-5 this weekend to try to get some sweet 50% XP consumables, and you get a Steel Wall, screenshot the results screen for a chance at 3500 gold:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/469335-contest-stand-up-and-face-the-tankenstein/
i guess rewarding players completely at random is a game design decision at this point

reverse sidescraping in any of the KV hulls is not great at anything but the longest ranges due to engine intakes being hitboxes btw

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

Maybe you're wrong to use average match length? If he consistently dies in the first minute or two then he could get those matches done pretty fast!

when i was a really new player, i just rushed in to shot/died asap everygame, so i could double as many tanks as possible

you could really have 2-4 tanks "inbattle" at the same time in garage. so its not a problem..

i even had "green" wn8 with this tactic.

and by his numbers of tanks played, it looks like he's doing the same (40 different tanks in 70 games)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Descar posted:

and by his numbers of tanks played, it looks like he's doing the same (40 different tanks in 70 games)

Please don't be such a tryhard. Look at all you goons getting mad at Z-man for playing tanks wrong.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Exia00 posted:

I thought that name seemed familiar...load up noobmeter, start typing yank and yankyaeger pops up, cause I looked him up the other day. Of course, I looked him up cause he was being a loudmouth shitter in AW. No surprise there!

Valle fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 23, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Valle posted:

I thought that name seemed familiar...load up noobmeter, start typing yank and yankyaeger pops up, cause I looked him up the other day. Of course, I looked him up cause he was being a loudmouth shitter in AW. No surprise there!

Autism cannot be contained in one online pixel tank game.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

Cool tip. My first entry was an Ace tanker badge from the third battle I played. The KV-5 is easy mode but very boring.

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange
IS-8, Vert Stabil, Rammer, GLD?

Thank you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

utvolsbaby posted:

IS-8, Vert Stabil, Rammer, GLD?

Thank you.

Naw don't need GLD anymore. Use VStab, Rammer, and Optics, and be willing to snapshot a lot. The extra view range is super helpful. Also #snapshotmeta.

utvolsbaby
May 19, 2004
Go Big Orange

Hellsau posted:

Naw don't need GLD anymore. Use VStab, Rammer, and Optics, and be willing to snapshot a lot. The extra view range is super helpful. Also #snapshotmeta.

Yeah, it feels a lot like a medium..

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Run optics on anything that doesn't a) have so little view range you're hosed anyway (less than 360m) or b) have 400+ base view range with bia, situational awareness, and recon - then you can switch it out for vents.

Optics probably made a significant difference in that battle. Also really aggressive play because there were three enemy WTEs and good players in arty on their team.

e: The new maps are shifting away from spotting which is why I think it's fine to use vents if you use crew skills + vents to hit/surpass the same 10% vision optics would give you without crew skills.

Desuwa fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 23, 2015

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Valle posted:

lol thats funny. Sounds like the same idiot to me.

utvolsbaby posted:

Yeah do not play it like a heavy you will not do well in it. Play like a slow medium that shits damage out. You cant bounce shots reliably. You can trade shots with meds sometimes because you will do 400 to them and pen them no problem. The gun on the is8 is amazing just the rest of the tank isnt there.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 23, 2015

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Sooo, I guess I'm driving around a KV-2 for the weekend. Equipment/Skill recommendations for it? Rammer, Vert Stab, GLD/Vents and repair/retrain to 6th sense, etc? Or a comedy option with superheavy spall liner and controlled impact for shits n' giggles?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Autism cannot be contained in one online pixel tank game.

You only need to look at Tuco to confirm this. Also stop bullying him.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sooo, I guess I'm driving around a KV-2 for the weekend. Equipment/Skill recommendations for it? Rammer, Vert Stab, GLD/Vents and repair/retrain to 6th sense, etc? Or a comedy option with superheavy spall liner and controlled impact for shits n' giggles?

rammer,gld,vents.

Depending how many skill crew. Repair on everyone with 6th sense. And any snapshot skills for 2nd.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Exia00 posted:

rammer,gld,vents.

Depending how many skill crew. Repair on everyone with 6th sense. And any snapshot skills for 2nd.

Cheers! I have a 100% IS-7 crew for some weird reason (I think from that time everyone had those rampage tanks?), so I should be on my second skill inside the next handful of games with this ridiculous amount of crew XP modifiers.

Monster bash? 130% combat XP
Kill a single tank per match in the KV-5? 200% crew XP
Simply exist in a match? Another 200% crew XP

But I thought when one had the choice between GLD and VertStab, always go for VertStab?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Cheers! I have a 100% IS-7 crew for some weird reason (I think from that time everyone had those rampage tanks?), so I should be on my second skill inside the next handful of games with this ridiculous amount of crew XP modifiers.

Monster bash? 130% combat XP
Kill a single tank per match in the KV-5? 200% crew XP
Simply exist in a match? Another 200% crew XP

But I thought when one had the choice between GLD and VertStab, always go for VertStab?

Cant mount vert on the kv2. Otherwise yes always vert over gld.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Exia00 posted:

Cant mount vert on the kv2. Otherwise yes always vert over gld.

Yeah, my bad, I meant KV-5 due to the rental thing this weekend.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

utvolsbaby posted:

I play it like it's the fat, derpy big brother of the T-54. You're in a low-hulled tank with a flat turret with little gun depression. The turret can take a hit but the hull is iffy. Both tanks work best when you get into an good position early, do some damage, and then act like a opportunistic scavenger for the rest of the game. Might sound counterintuitive considering the tanks don't seem to have much in common beyond that, but the mentality works well for me.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

KV-2 isn't fast enough to be a viable ramming tank, you're much better off getting your gun under control. This is especially true because it's KV-5 Weekend and you're not going to be seeing anything but tier 8 battles.

e: Should have refreshed before I hit post. Yeah get both a Vstab and GLD for the KV-5.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So with the KV-5 on rental should I bother playing this weekend? Not sure if it'll be really fun or really aggravating.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

So vert stab AND GLD along with the rammer?
I mounted Rammer, vents and vertstab after Exia's post, how crucially do I need to replace the vents?

Also: Holy loving poo poo, this is so much fun.
KV-5s everywhere and 95% of them don't know where to shoot another KV-5 or that you can hemorrhage gold in a tank that breaks even without breaking a sweat.

I've been working on my sidescraping and seem to be able to gold-pen either side of the mantlet on other KV-5s. Even scored my first ram kill when an unfortunate 1375 zipped past a corner at full-speed without seeing me. :3:
Anything else I'm missing or should be working on while driving this thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Duzzy Funlop posted:

So vert stab AND GLD along with the rammer?
I mounted Rammer, vents and vertstab after Exia's post, how crucially do I need to replace the vents?

Also: Holy loving poo poo, this is so much fun.
KV-5s everywhere and 95% of them don't know where to shoot another KV-5 or that you can hemorrhage gold in a tank that breaks even without breaking a sweat.

I've been working on my sidescraping and seem to be able to gold-pen either side of the mantlet on other KV-5s. Even scored my first ram kill when an unfortunate 1375 zipped past a corner at full-speed without seeing me. :3:
Anything else I'm missing or should be working on while driving this thing?

Okay, that settles it.