Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IcePhoenix posted:

I hadn't seen the Detroit-Chicago TD before now and I don't understand what the controversy is.

It was called an interception on the field because that's what it should have been based on every other catch rule we've ever heard and the ref overturned it to TD after replay with zero explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Febreeze posted:

I think I'm going to draw Rob Ryan as Fabio all the time now

Predictions for week 7!
http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/10/nfl-week-7-predictions-illustrations/

When the Raiders win can you give Phillip Rivers a Mark Davis haircut in the drawing?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Nice! posted:

It was called an interception on the field because that's what it should have been based on every other catch rule we've ever heard and the ref overturned it to TD after replay with zero explanation.

Doesn't the play end when he breaks the plane and scores the td?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

effectual posted:

Supposedly, yet Tyler Eifert doing the same thing didn't count. Plus, Eifert had way more possession of the ball when he "crossed the plane".

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4656456-tyler-eifert-td-catch-video-overturned-incomplete-pass-football-move-dez-bryant-bengals-ravens

It happened to Devonta Freeman too, which was also called back.

the refs have no idea what a catch is and are making poo poo up as they go.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

effectual posted:

The refs originally said that Tate didn't complete the process of the catch before it knocked out and was intercepted by the Bears. Pierria and every commentator seemed to believe that it was going to remain an interception. After it was reviewed, the NFL(and Dean Blandino) said that it was a catch and TD, since the play would have ended as soon as it was a catch. The controversy comes from the NFL not being 100% clear in what a catch is, which everyone knows from the Dez Bryant catch last year.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Febreeze posted:

Supposedly, yet Tyler Eifert doing the same thing didn't count. Plus, Eifert had way more possession of the ball when he "crossed the plane".

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-news/4656456-tyler-eifert-td-catch-video-overturned-incomplete-pass-football-move-dez-bryant-bengals-ravens

It happened to Devonta Freeman too, which was also called back.

the refs have no idea what a catch is and are making poo poo up as they go.

The Devonta example was even funnier because the TD was disallowed...so he just punched it in on the next play anyway.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

I think I'm going to draw Rob Ryan as Fabio all the time now

Predictions for week 7!
http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/10/nfl-week-7-predictions-illustrations/

Awesome. :)

Although if the defense doesn't improve, will stabby Sean Payton make a visit?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Febreeze, it isn't gonna happen but if the Jaguars somehow win please make the art well-proportioned for being used as an avatar because you know I'm snagging that poo poo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cozz posted:

The refs originally said that Tate didn't complete the process of the catch before it knocked out and was intercepted by the Bears. Pierria and every commentator seemed to believe that it was going to remain an interception. After it was reviewed, the NFL(and Dean Blandino) said that it was a catch and TD, since the play would have ended as soon as it was a catch. The controversy comes from the NFL not being 100% clear in what a catch is, which everyone knows from the Dez Bryant catch* last year.

*not actually a catch

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

effectual posted:

yeah this is what I saw too, he has possession and took a third step towards (and into) the end zone which makes him a runner, so crossing the plane makes it a TD

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

effectual posted:

The issue is that if the Bears hadn't intercepted it and let the ball hit the ground then it would have been an incompletion. The receiver didn't "complete the process of the catch" before going to the ground. Since the Bears intercepted it, he didn't need to complete the process and it was overturned and ruled a TD. It was literally impossible for the bears to get an interception because of the rules as-is. It had to be ruled either a TD or an incompletion.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Mods, please change my name to "Sick Gains Guinea Pig," tia

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Chichevache posted:

*not actually a catch

I don't want a world where it wasn't a catch.

:(

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Muscle Hamster equivalents

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-muscle-hamster/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Was HE HATE ME given to Rod Smart or did he give it to himself

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Swole Mole owns

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Mods, please change my name to "Sick Gains Guinea Pig," tia

VVV t:mad:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 22, 2015

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure we all saw your post the first time so there's no need to quote it :D

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Weight lifting rodents are cool, and good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Agreed. If he sponsored a meal at the closest Pei Wei, it would be the Swole Mole Bowl. If you wanted it to go, it would be the Swole Mole Bowl Roll. If you only wanted one instead of the family pack, it would be the Sole Swole Mole Bowl Roll.

I could go on all day here.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Douggernaut is a pretty awesome nickname.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Casual posted:

Isn't though? Too bad he had to go and say it, because now no one will ever loving call him that.

Also, he's been the definition of stoppable since his rookie season, so it's really the least fitting nickname of all.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Filthy Casual posted:

thanks doug martin

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Sweaty Sewer Rat?

Am I doing it right?

The Hochuli Hamster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Douggernaut is a terrible name

It is the anti-Swole Mole

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Maurice Jones-Drew really wanted people to call him "Pocket Hercules" but it never caught on.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Maurice Jones-Drew really wanted people to call him "Pocket Hercules" but it never caught on.

Wait what? I thought he was given that name by KSK of all places, I loved that nickname and always used it

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

A couple of guys have done the NBA brands on NFL teams thing, only this time the guys are really crapping good at Photoshop.
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/nfl-x-nba-jersey-mashups/

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 23, 2015

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Love the Pacers/Colts mash-up mainly for the insignia

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Darth Brooks posted:

A couple of guys have done the NBA brands on NFL teams thing, only this time the guys are really crapping good at Photoshop.

The Bulls and the Brooklyn ones look pretty sweet.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Darth Brooks posted:

I really like the Bucks helmet, but I'm a sucker for helmets that go beyond just sticking the team logo on the shell.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The Brooklyn one is basically the Miami Sharks uniform from Any Given Sunday, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

I also find it amusing that the Patriots/Celtics one looks kinda like the old Jets uniform, same with the Timberwolves/Vikings looking like the old Seahawks.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Darth Brooks posted:

The Saints one makes them look like the Falcons.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Darth Brooks posted:

The reason they used that particular shot of Calvin Johnson was to obscure the fact that they used the Pistons' loving horse logo on the helmets.

The Cleveland uniform was the worst though, not a fan of the C's on the shoulder or running the saber down the length of the body like that.

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

An old fart discovery found in the wild.

Edit: Oh god sorry tables.

Val Helmethead fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 24, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Val Helmethead posted:

An old fart discovery found in the wild.

Creepy guy loving Penn State

looks like western PA to me

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

howe_sam posted:

The reason they used that particular shot of Calvin Johnson was to obscure the fact that they used the Pistons' loving horse logo on the helmets.

The Cleveland uniform was the worst though, not a fan of the C's on the shoulder or running the saber down the length of the body like that.

The Cleveland one is pretty bad. I like the Indy design the best. It looks like it could belong to a real college team but if a Pro team had this the fans would grow to love it quickly. The 76ers LOOKS like a real NFL team. Milwaukee/ Green Bay (jersey, not the helmet) is neat. Miami and Atlanta stand out too. All of these are really skillfully done. I've done stuff like this, I know how hard it is.

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 24, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Kings just got their poo poo together don't gently caress this up by tying them to the 49ers please thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Chichevache posted:

Finally! God is taking a Packers fan.

aww

• Locked thread