Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Mickolution posted:

I've seen it put forward that that what was talking about here was the fact that 300 in Roman numerals is CCC, meaning he keeps it "Cool, Calm, Collected"

Not sure if that's just Kanye stans making excuses, though.

There's a much better argument wrt the context of the song about that line being about the appropriation of greek culture by the conquering romans, who kept greeks as slaves yet "culture vultured" em to the extent that the confusion about the line is possible

also keef seems very much in control of his situation and is a follower of gucci's school of tireless experimentation. we are very lucky to have him and we are also very lucky that he gives no fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
That's actually neat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thathonkey posted:

If i believed it was hyperbole then no otherwise the answer is still no what a weird thing to say... Dont quote my posts any more pls tia

PS. I love kanye, corniness and all

Hahaha yeah I'm sure Kanye literally hates the paparazzi worse than the people who would attempt eugenics for real. As for your request, that may be hard as you say absolutely nothing quotable except when you need to be made fun of, which I'm assuming is often.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont understand how you can believe any of the rationalizations for that trojans line and still think yourself to be a reasonable person

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

atrus50 posted:

There's a much better argument wrt the context of the song about that line being about the appropriation of greek culture by the conquering romans, who kept greeks as slaves yet "culture vultured" em to the extent that the confusion about the line is possible

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't understand why people keep bringing this line up. That's literally the entire point of the joke

Mickolution posted:

I've seen it put forward that that what was talking about here was the fact that 300 in Roman numerals is CCC, meaning he keeps it "Cool, Calm, Collected"

these are all literally insane beliefs to hold

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i dont understand how you can believe any of the rationalizations for that trojans line and still think yourself to be a reasonable person

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

alansmithee posted:

A few years ago they were kinda starting to bubble up but kinda fell off and quit releasing stuff for awhile. May wanna check their album from this year, it's solid if you get down with that sound. And for sure get 808's & Dark Grapes II, album's just great from front to back.

i think they fell off because one of them got seriously addicted to lean and the guy who was managing them around 2011/2012 dipped after that happened. or at least that was the rumor. that manager is also the reason why theyre on jam city's classical curves lol

but yeah pretty much all their stuff is great. 808s 3 was a little underwhelming imo but friendzone are great producers.

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

yeah man fr tho you can't say that line is all deep and tight its a fuckup of a punchline and that's it, also a wack one at that

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Something something lyrical wordsmith voice of a generation

And noted gay fish

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

do you also believe that the line about burning Hitler in a theater is there because Kanye thought Inglorious Basterds was a documentary

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

HorseRenoir posted:

do you also believe that the line about burning Hitler in a theater is there because Kanye thought Inglorious Basterds was a documentary

:godwin:

spoils
Nov 2, 2012
DJ Khaled is Palestinian and a supporter of the Grand Mufti al-Husseini, close friend of Hitler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AZ3kYNftEs
Don't Play Yourself

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Here have a good song to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0c-kP4knbg

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:gas:

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Here have a [real] good song to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6n4fq1PcIM

I think SD is the best to come out of the whole 300GBE crew. Keef is out in space when he should just make tracks like this.

edit: page 300 bonus track glo in peace capo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY54PFKyAW4

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 24, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

GET MONEY posted:

Here have a [real] good song to listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6n4fq1PcIM

I think SD is the best to come out of the whole 300GBE crew. Keef is out in space when he should just make tracks like this.

edit: page 300 bonus track glo in peace capo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY54PFKyAW4

that first track is extremely chill and good.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
It's just come out that apparently Young Thug uses a ghost writer too...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Can we just make this the DJ Khaled Appreciation Station? He's been doing a bunch of interviews for his new album and every single one of them are amazing to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcEpHnaZMgg

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

monkeu posted:

It's just come out that apparently Young Thug uses a ghost writer too...

Camry pullin w my dog just like michael vick - i wrote that poo poo

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Page 300? What are we, the Romans?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
seriously though thugger does have a ghostwriter and it's called actavis

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

DJ Khaled is the loving man

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
banks still has it

http://2dopeboyz.com/2015/10/23/lloyd-banks-the-remainder/

Brent87
Nov 7, 2009
nvm

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Was that one dude trying to say the miracle whips line is bad? Because I truly don't understand how you could hate that line and enjoy hip-hop whatsoever

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Corny lines are the best and most memorable.

Don't ask me to remember any

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Naughty

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

new thugger is really good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iCiLq-dk8

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

"I wanna gently caress her without raping" :staredog:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
One of the dudes in the New Charlotte video with Deniro Farrar covers some Young Thug/Future tracks. https://soundcloud.com/bankrollbird/sets/freeswag2

Kinda dope cuz I liked those instrumentals so much.

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.
Seeing Joey Bada$$ in liverpool on the 12th of november, pretty psyched. Anyone been to any shows on this tour? How is he live?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Future : Monster 2 :worship:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Future, Thugger, Migos, Keef... Halloween is gonna be a crazy day for trap

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i heard there's like 10 AOTYs dropping on halloween and theyre all young thug leaks. yall heard the new thugger? drat. beat goes hard it's kinda spooky like it be reminds me of halloween. it's like nothing i've heard before since the last young thug releaase got empty quoted in this thread a bunch of times. he says something zany and then a bunch of incoherent poo poo like :drat: son :stare: :stare: :stare: AOTY. SOTY.

edit: i liked young thug for a while but he's getting kind of old. his best album is the one where he has RHQ and London helping the whole time. future needs an album like that where someone (or multiple people) are helping out the whole time. and actually helping, not like whatever drake was doing on that last poo poo.

edit 2: FR FR doe AOTY is already Summertime 06 or Tetsuo & Youth ... I haven't decided yet. if swish comes out this year ever then change my answer to that :laugh: and also :toxx: me

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 26, 2015

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

thathonkey posted:

i heard there's like 10 AOTYs dropping on halloween and theyre all young thug leaks. yall heard the new thugger? drat. beat goes hard it's kinda spooky like it be reminds me of halloween. it's like nothing i've heard before since the last young thug releaase got empty quoted in this thread a bunch of times. he says something zany and then a bunch of incoherent poo poo like :drat: son :stare: :stare: :stare: AOTY. SOTY.

edit: i liked young thug for a while but he's getting kind of old. his best album is the one where he has RHQ and London helping the whole time. future needs an album like that where someone (or multiple people) are helping out the whole time. and actually helping, not like whatever drake was doing on that last poo poo.

edit 2: FR FR doe AOTY is already Summertime 06 or Tetsuo & Youth ... I haven't decided yet. if swish comes out this year ever then change my answer to that :laugh: and also :toxx: me

Like 50% of your posts are complaining about what the thread is talking about, you should gently caress off no one likes you including probably your parents.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Future : Monster 2 :worship:

Yesss omg

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I wonder if it will have that dope track he put out in June for monster Monday

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I said it before WATTBA came out and I'll say it again. I know Future is hot right now but I want him to lay low, wait til spring dude, he's never going to replicate this past year and probably won't top anything from monster, 56 nights or beast mode. I'd rather be dying for new Fewtch than just moderately excited he's releasing another project. Oh well, still gonna listen, live post and proclaim it AOTY.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

I said it before WATTBA came out and I'll say it again. I know Future is hot right now but I want him to lay low, wait til spring dude, he's never going to replicate this past year and probably won't top anything from monster, 56 nights or beast mode. I'd rather be dying for new Fewtch than just moderately excited he's releasing another project. Oh well, still gonna listen, live post and proclaim it AOTY.

counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzWUa26XNsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

That's in his top 5 songs to me, should have been on DS2 but :confused: