Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kilometers Davis posted:

My girlfriend usually sleeps to the audio of forensic files episodes
:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Kilometers Davis posted:

mobile YouTube audio in the background?

Have your girlfriend tell us her secrets.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I snore like a constipated yeti and the voices of hick cops solving horrific rape murders in bumfuck kentucky soothe her weird brain.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
9 hour EDM remixes of Forensic Files episodes.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sounds like a keeper honestly

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Bum bum bum bum bum at that point he dragged the victim into a bath of acid WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP and dismembered the corpse DROP THE BASS

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

I love that this is still sticking around.

I gotta wonder how you find out that works to put you to sleep. I guess something like she used to always fall asleep when trying to watch forensic files so then listening to it works. But yeah, as far as I know when you turn the screen off the video pauses, it's been like that for me for quite a while.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Kilometers Davis posted:

Did 9.1 somehow break the ability to play mobile YouTube audio in the background? My girlfriend usually sleeps to the audio of forensic files episodes with her phone off but it seems busted now.

YouTube is making background video play a paid feature.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Does the international 6S model (A1688) work on AT&T's network?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
A Full Backup followed by Hard Reset and restore fixed it for my mom. Thanks guys for helping me help this lady 800 miles away :)

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

:eyepop: gently caress that noise

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

Can this be the new thread title?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What the gently caress

That's nothing. I fell asleep to the soothing sounds of a ridiculous local appliance store infomercial for years. It went well beyond a habit, until I left for college sans bedroom TV.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I can't fall asleep to any sort of audio/video. I'll drift off to a half asleep state but as soon as the music, movie, or tv show stops, I wake right up.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Did 9.1 somehow break the ability to play mobile YouTube audio in the background? My girlfriend usually sleeps to the audio of forensic files episodes with her phone off but it seems busted now.

Just a heads up your girlfriend is my soulmate.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
Does anyone know -- I used a throwaway Gmail account to transfer my contacts a couple of years back when I got a new phone, and I recently updated to a 6s. I have all my contacts from a restore but whenever I am adding new contacts it's asking me to log in and continue syncing with that throwaway Gmail account. I'd rather just not sync it with the account, and leave the contacts on my phone alone. If I remove the Gmail account, though, it deletes all the contacts on my phone. Is there anything I can do about that or do I have to just keep on syncing with the Gmail account?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Log into the throwaway Gmail account on a computer. Export the contacts. Log into iCloud, import the contacts.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
So it's just a matter of syncing with iCloud or something else? In that case I may as well just stick with Gmail.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Rashomon posted:

So it's just a matter of syncing with iCloud or something else? In that case I may as well just stick with Gmail.

Just flip off the Gmail contacts. It will ask if you want to keep them on the phone. Tell it not to delete them. However, it's a really, really good idea to have your contacts synced with some sort of cloud thing as a safety net.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Jose Oquendo posted:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Case chat: Apple Saddle Brown Leather case is the one true case. After a week of use it's already developing a nice patina.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I remember when some of the original leather cases were coming out and some people said they were bad because they would wear in and look rough after a few months. What kind of soulless monsters feel that way? Wearing in new clothes, products, whatever is the absolute best thing. There's nothing quite like a well used leather case or bag.

Mahoning posted:

Just a heads up your girlfriend is my soulmate.

I would say fight me but she's tougher than I am so.

enojy posted:

That's nothing. I fell asleep to the soothing sounds of a ridiculous local appliance store infomercial for years. It went well beyond a habit, until I left for college sans bedroom TV.

Fun fact my neighbor met them and got their autographs. They're very nice. Florida rules.

gently caress that. Now the frustration will build up until she kills me in my sleep. But seriously what the hell Google why. That's such a jerk thing to put behind a paywall.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 24, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Case chat: Apple Saddle Brown Leather case is the one true case. After a week of use it's already developing a nice patina.

100% factual and agreeing with this post.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Sounds like a YouTube issue not an iOS issue. Good news is for only $9.99 per month she can listen to YouTube videos with the screen off!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A non-Forensic Files audio issue that 9.1 is giving me: are any of y'all getting really short notification sounds after updating? Like much more abrupt than they should be? For example, if the text tone usually takes a second and a half (I'm not sure if that's actually true), now it takes half that and cuts out. Same goes for Tweetbot.

Cozmosis
Feb 16, 2003

2006... YEAR OF THE BURNITZ, BITCHES

Kilometers Davis posted:

I remember when some of the original leather cases were coming out and some people said they were bad because they would wear in and look rough after a few months. What kind of soulless monsters feel that way? Wearing in new clothes, products, whatever is the absolute best thing. There's nothing quite like a well used leather case or bag.

I would say fight me but she's tougher than I am so.

Fun fact my neighbor met them and got their autographs. They're very nice. Florida rules.

gently caress that. Now the frustration will build up until she kills me in my sleep. But seriously what the hell Google why. That's such a jerk thing to put behind a paywall.

No, the 5s first gen leather cases wore like poo poo. They just looked dirty.

Starting with the 6, the brown leather has been much better.

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A non-Forensic Files audio issue that 9.1 is giving me: are any of y'all getting really short notification sounds after updating? Like much more abrupt than they should be? For example, if the text tone usually takes a second and a half (I'm not sure if that's actually true), now it takes half that and cuts out. Same goes for Tweetbot.

I've been getting those since activating my new iPhone 6s+, which came with 9.0. I even identified it as the notification sound of Pushbullet, but most of the time when it happens, the screen comes on, but the notification list is empty. Then again, Pushbullet notifications never have appeared in the notifications list for me, but at least they used to appear on screen for the split second they were triggering.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Am I crazy or did the default ring vibration change in iOS 9? When I go into a contact card and look at vibration options, the default is "Accent." Does it feel different to anyone else?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there one weird trick to fix scratches on a screen? Had a 4s for years and nothing ever happened, got a 6s and within days it's got two scratches down the screen. apparently from putting it in my pocket and walking around.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Kilometers Davis posted:

I snore like a constipated yeti and the voices of hick cops solving horrific rape murders in bumfuck kentucky soothe her weird brain.

I wish you the best of luck

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

Kilometers Davis posted:

My girlfriend usually sleeps to the audio of forensic files episodes with her phone off but it seems busted now.

Weird. My lady does this, as well. I've never understood it.

Edit: to add something useful, I've never heard of YouTube playing in the background
Edit edit: quoted wrong post

kode54
Nov 26, 2007

aka kuroshi
Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, neat bug I ran into. iTunes 12.3.1 can't display the iOS dynamic wallpapers in icon layout previews. If you have one set as your current wallpaper, it will instead display the last static image you had set as your wallpaper.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Disregarding the whole "WTF" thing, here's a workaround: You can use the Youtube Center userscript on your computer's browser to download just the audio from Youtube videos.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Kilometers Davis posted:

Don't understand, YouTube has been like this for ages, at least a year.

Just get one of the 3rd party YouTube apps, or uninstall YouTube and play in the browser.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
On that note, what's the best third-party Youtube app?

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

So apparently Facebook on iOS can see what hockey games I've been watching in the NHL app now?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
As a 6+ owner, it's been infuriating how lovely iOS 9.0 made my phone act almost as if it was a 5 instead of a 6+.

Now after 9.1, it's back to being fast again. Never updating again

I was starting to actively believe they were crippling my 6+ because the 6S just came out.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

So apparently Facebook on iOS can see what hockey games I've been watching in the NHL app now?

Haha. Between this kind of scary data collection, the battery drain nonsense, and all the other stupidity regarding the development of this app, I’m terribly surprised people still use it.

Safari home screen shortcut to mobile.facebook.com any day of the week for me, please.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

http://clipconverter.cc --> trancode to M4A audio only.
You can even just save these in a dropbox folder and play from there on the phone. This is a low-fi way of making your own podcast-like audio to take with you.

You can go one further and make a justcast podcast from that dropbox folder and drop it into Overcast/whatever and use playback speeds and such with it.

It's less effort than it seems once you've got it setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

spongeworthy posted:

Am I crazy or did the default ring vibration change in iOS 9? When I go into a contact card and look at vibration options, the default is "Accent." Does it feel different to anyone else?

It changed for users with an iPhone 6s and 6s plus. The default ringtones for calls and messages now use the haptic feedback from 3D Touch plus the normal vibration motor.