Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
I was just offered a trade of my Dez for his Cooper. Not sure how I feel about this one. I've been holding onto Dez all this time in hopes that he could produce when he comes back. Now that he's close to playing, I'm hesitant to trade him. But without Romo, I'm not sure his numbers would top Cooper's. What do you guys think in a half ppr league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If you sat on Dez this long, you might as well hold onto him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dez for Cooper is something I would have entertained a few weeks ago but at this point he's hoping you paid the agony of the roster spot and he reaps the rewards.

Jagwires
May 31, 2009
Ok I am having some RB issues on my team. Its a standard ESPN 10 man league. I do have Freeman, but other than him, I have Hillman, T. Coleman, and Bradhsaw. I am 4-2, but 2-2 during Freemans 4 huge games. I have pretty good WRs in Edlemen, B Marshall, Moncrief, Hurns, R Mathews, and also Dez Bryant. All of my WRs are in the top 20 for WRs except Mathews who is 22 and Dez. I am not good at knowing the trade value of players. What RBs would be worth a target to trade one or two of my WRs for?

The team that is in most need for WRs has Forte, McCoy, Woodhead, and Bernard. They are playing Golden Tate, Andre Johnson, and Mike Wallace this week. Though they do have Ashlon Jeffrey on bye.

Any suggestion on a realistic trade?

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
Dez for Cooper, why would you ever consider that? Unless you're desperate for this and next week that's really dumb. It's a long season, stick with Dez.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
So rather than the terrible Ivory/Cooks for Freeman/Dez offer I got earlier I decide to go looking for better offers while I can sell high on Freeman.

Agreed to the following, though the trade cannot go through until midnight after Monday Night Football, so if I'm being dumb let me know.

Give:
Freeman
Hurns
Marvin Jones
Hauschka

Get:
Forte
Brandon Marshall
McManus

I think this works out for both of us since she's got strong starting wr and rb, but terrrrrrible bench so if anybody gets injured she'd be completely screwed.

Leaves me with
RB: Forte/L.Murray/Yeldon/Rawls/Bradshaw
WR: Marshall/Landry/Dez/Tate

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why trade Freeman or hold onto Rawls? Rawls time to shine is over and Freeman is killing it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That trade is okay on its face, trading a lot of uncertainty for more certainty but there's a like 60-65% chance that trade looks bad for you in the end because you traded two back-end WR2 for a front-end WR2 and the #1 RB for the #2 RB

And... Kickers.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Yeah you guys are both right, but Rawls is irrelevant to this trade. Maybe I could drop Rawls for someone more valuable, but there's nobody really playable on the WW right now. Only put my roster in there for perspective. In my mind Forte is more of a reliable asset than Freeman, so moving forward I'd feel more comfortable with Forte in my lineup. My biggest issue this season has been WR, so having a viable WR1 would help me a ton. The kicker trade is superfluous, obviously, and is just a thing between my girlfriend and I.

This trade is not so much about getting rid of Freeman as it is about getting maximum value for him while I can. Here's how I think about this trade:

Freeman > Forte (so far)
Marshall >>>> Hurns & Jones (assuming I can only start 1)
Hauschka = Mcmanus (who gives a poo poo)

I forgot to mention that I'm also trading my Carson Palmer for TY Hilton, so Hurns and Jones are less important to me. If these two trades go through my roster goes from:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Freeman
RB: L.Murray
WR: J.Landry
WR: A.Hurns
TE: Kelce:
Flex: Yeldon
K: Hauschka
D/ST: Bills
Bench:
Palmer
Rawls
Bradshaw
Dez
G.Tate
M.Jones

to

QB: Rodgers
RB: Forte
RB: L.Murray
WR: B.Marshall
WR: TY Hilton
TE: Kelce
Flex: Landry
K: McManus
D/ST: Bills
Bench:
Yeldon
Rawls
Bradshaw
Dez
G.Tate

Am I wrong thinking that the 2nd roster is a little more complete? Granted I won't be able to count on 45 points every week from Freeman...

I'm not looking for anybody to talk me into making the trade or not, BTW, just want to know if I'm being an idiot somehow.

Inspector 34 fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 24, 2015

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
I'm in bye-week Hell.

I should drop Robert Woods for Ladarius Green (Gates my only TE) right? Kind of hope Gates is a no go just so I don't have to pick one.

I'm not playing Woods this week because someone dropped Rishard Matthews who I picked up (I shouldn't be starting Woods over Matthews or Cooks right?)

Also why is there no week 7 sit/start thread but two week 6 ones?

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Tyree posted:

Is karlos williams droppable at this point?

I'm also debating whether I should drop K. Williams (or A. Bradshaw instead). Karlos is supposedly going to be back Week 9 against the Dolphins (Bills have a bye in Week 8).

I'm in a 12 team league with standard scoring.

Pick One:
L. Donnell v. DAL
Z. Ertz @ CAR
E. Ebron v. MIN

Pick Two:
L. Blount v. NYJ
C. Ivory @ NE
T. Gurley v. CLE
C. Sims @ WAS

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Saddamnit posted:

I was just offered a trade of my Dez for his Cooper. Not sure how I feel about this one. I've been holding onto Dez all this time in hopes that he could produce when he comes back. Now that he's close to playing, I'm hesitant to trade him. But without Romo, I'm not sure his numbers would top Cooper's. What do you guys think in a half ppr league?
Yeah just to answer this in a slightly different way, the fact that he has been taking up a bench spot is at this point sunk cost/irrelevant to your decision. The question is who will be more valuable rest-of-season. I would stick with Dez but yeah I wouldn't bet much money that he's better than Cooper ROS.

edit:assuming this is Amari Cooper obv.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 24, 2015

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

i like imagining he means riley cooper

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

spacejung posted:

Your best shot is probably Graham Gano in the Sunday night game, Catanzaro and Tucker are pretty widely owned and Sturgis has been picking up steam.

Cool, thanks. Looked it up and we are Game Time - Tuesday waivers, so I can get them, guess I am going to drop Matt Bryant for either Ertz or Green, or I should just wait till tomorrow, don't want to get left without a kicker though in a close game with my playoff life on the line!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Zombie Tsunami posted:

i like imagining he means riley cooper

According to local media, Riley Cooper is now a deep threat, so just may be.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The only trades Freeman should be in involved in are 1 for 2. These 3 for 4 and including him are silly.

Tell them you want their best WR and a really good RB/QB depending on needs and be done with it. Maybe throw in who you'd drop.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

The only trades Freeman should be in involved in are 1 for 2. These 3 for 4 and including him are silly.

Tell them you want their best WR and a really good RB/QB depending on needs and be done with it. Maybe throw in who you'd drop.

Quoting this good advice.

I wouldn't trade Palmer for T.Y. either if this is standard. QB5 for WR25 isn't an amazing deal. There are certainly better receivers you can get in trade.

For Freeman, the only trade I'd make right now is to try and get his handcuff and wait to trade him if he starts to show signs of falling back to earth. His performance is so far in front of anyone else he can suck for weeks and still be RB1.

Also, if you trade the top player you better be drat sure the guys you get have great playoff schedules. Frankly, the NFC south probably has one of the best schedules overall, and Freeman is the best RB hands down in that division right now.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 24, 2015

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Bye weeks, injured QBs and player stashes are killing me this week.

Need to drop 2 for a kicker and replacement QB if Ben sits (likely):

CJA, Bradshaw, Broncos D, DGB, Matt Jones, CMike.

I think the correct answer is Bradshaw and DGB, but I think DGB has a breakout week incoming and I am trying to find excuses to hang onto him. CJA is the other guy I'm strongly considering getting rid of, but my team is hurting bad at RB. (Stewart, Yeldon, Jones, CMike, CJA, Bradshaw).

Thoughts?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

LmaoTheKid posted:

That's...that's not good at all.

I thought Antonio Gates was some kind of genetic freak but it turns out his agelessness was all PEDs

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah you trade Freeman for a legit RB1 (LVB/Peterson/Ivory) and a WR1 that's putting up mid-to-high WR2 numbers currently (Green/Thomas/Johnson/Landry in PPR/return yards) or a legit stud WR (Hopkins/Jones/Brown/OBJ/Allen/Robinson) and a mid-to-low-end RB1 (Hyde/Forsett/Martin/Gio). Anything less isn't worth trading him.

e: Unless you're super super desperate and 1-5 or something, then maybe you could afford to take a WR or RB half-tier down.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 24, 2015

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
It's crazy how Freeman has outscored the #2 RB in my league by +50% points :gonk:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

I think the correct answer is Bradshaw and DGB, but I think DGB has a breakout week incoming and I am trying to find excuses to hang onto him. CJA is the other guy I'm strongly considering getting rid of, but my team is hurting bad at RB. (Stewart, Yeldon, Jones, CMike, CJA, Bradshaw).

Thoughts?

Bradshaw hasn't done anything, same with DGB, and we're all aware of the tribulations of CJA. Can you make a trade somehow? Do a lovely 2 for 1?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Bradshaw hasn't done anything, same with DGB, and we're all aware of the tribulations of CJA. Can you make a trade somehow? Do a lovely 2 for 1?

I've been trying all week. I think i've messaged like 6 or 7 owners, and am still pushing as hard as I can down to the wire (trades take 24 hours to process), but everyone in my league is dead set against accepting a 2:1 from me, even where it legitimately makes their team better.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
A lot of cold water has been dumped on C-Mike this week by beat guys close to the team. Either Dallas is going to a lot of effort to hide their planned RB rotation (possible but very unlikely), or they changed their mind on him/aren't all in agreement on him.

Either way, I'm going to see if I can sell high on the hype. I don't like all of this uncertainty.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Cervixalot posted:

Thoughts?

Man, I wouldn't drop the Broncos D, but then you would need to drop 3 other players to get your second D. Bradshaw for sure, then DGB, then probably CJA, but it hurts because of where you drafted him, but that is a sunk cost. What is your WW order, if you are high you can drop Den D and get them back. I am 2nd, but kept them and dropped Bradshaw, if something happens this week I SHOULD be able to get him back.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Is David Cobb worth a stash in a 12 team league with deep benches? I have an empty spot with KWill on IR who I might just flat out drop eventually.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Michael Corleone posted:

Man, I wouldn't drop the Broncos D, but then you would need to drop 3 other players to get your second D. Bradshaw for sure, then DGB, then probably CJA, but it hurts because of where you drafted him, but that is a sunk cost. What is your WW order, if you are high you can drop Den D and get them back. I am 2nd, but kept them and dropped Bradshaw, if something happens this week I SHOULD be able to get him back.

Already dropped Spiller for the second D (Carolina). We do FAAB, and I'm close to out of budget, so I think I just have to hang onto the Broncos D at this point. My hope was that we'd get more clarity on Ben or other players' situations so I would have more info before needing to make a move, so if I don't get a trade done in the next 30 minutes, I'll be dropping Bradshaw and DGB most likely. Thanks, all.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

LmaoTheKid posted:

Is David Cobb worth a stash in a 12 team league with deep benches? I have an empty spot with KWill on IR who I might just flat out drop eventually.

When I was doing the above with Bradshaw, I grabbed him to IR before my second D. He is worth it to me on the IR, when they activate him we will see, I know you can't make roster moves when an IR guy goes off the IR until you activate or drop him. YMMV.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Franks Happy Place posted:

A lot of cold water has been dumped on C-Mike this week by beat guys close to the team. Either Dallas is going to a lot of effort to hide their planned RB rotation (possible but very unlikely), or they changed their mind on him/aren't all in agreement on him.

Either way, I'm going to see if I can sell high on the hype. I don't like all of this uncertainty.

The thinking is that Michael was brought in as a backup plan and that the only reason he's even getting his tires kicked right now is because Garrett is looking for ANYTHING to latch onto to get his team out of the swamp that it and the city of Houston nearby are slowly sinking into. The thing about Randle is he doesn't have amazing YPC right now...but he's also against a stacked box all the time and he's able to consistently make gains despite that. Weeden is garbage and Cassel is equal garbage and even if Cassel is somehow an improvement there is still nobody to throw to deep aside from Terrance "might be the #4 WR in loving Philadelphia because of his squandered talent" Williams.
Michael would need to take his one series (my guess) and light the whole world on fire to get a reasonable share of the group, let alone be the new starter. Like, to me, his upside is at most going to be similar to the Browns' RB situation last year. Does that...excite you?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Jets are currently FA in one of my leagues, considering dropping someone to pick them up as they have two juicy weeks coming up against JAX and OAK (and potentially BUF)...

Would you drop anyone on this lineup for a good DST play? I picked up and played Stafford last week and do not expect much from him until his soft playoff schedule, so he is my first drop impulse, but there is some serious QB hoarding in this league, and my starter is Bort.

e: And ffs, I dropped MIA for MIN dst last night right before rotoworld called miami a top 5 this week. My tinkering and decisionmaking is generally bad.

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 24, 2015

BrownClown
Dec 7, 2007

Will rap for smash leaks
I need a QB, for this week and next while Tyrod rests up.

My other QB is Mariota who I'd be dropping for Hoyer, Manuel, or Fitzpatrick.

Or I could hold on to Mariota and drop Bradshaw (I've got Gore) or Dorial Green-Beckham.

Ideas?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

BrownClown posted:

Or I could hold on to Mariota and drop Bradshaw (I've got Gore) or Dorial Green-Beckham.

Ideas?

While I do not condone rostering three QBs, I think you can safely drop Bradshaw. My choice would be (ugh) Hoyer, just because he's throwing to Hopkins. I suspect Fitz will game-manage and let Ivory do the hard work. Don't listen to me, ECR has Fitz heavily favored here.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
.5 PPR work league.

Andy Dalton just got dropped, is currently the top scoring QB.

My current roster:

QB- Palmer
RB- ADP
RB- Latavius Murray
WR- Hopkins
WR- Moncrief
TE- Kelce
FLEX- John Brown
FLEX- Clay
D/ST- Panthers

Bench- A.J. Green
Bench- Marvin Jones
Bench- Martellus Bennett

I'm thinking the move is to drop Jones to grab Dalton, right?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I would drop one of your 3 TE's TBQH.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Michael Corleone posted:

I would drop one of your 3 TE's TBQH.

Looking at the actual stats, that's a good point. Bennett it is.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BrownClown posted:

Ideas?

Fitz. Magic.
Drop Bradshaw or DGB

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Looks like John Brown will be a game time decision Monday. Should I roll the dice on Michael Floyd building on last week with Brown potentially limited, or should I try to pick up Diggs off waivers and play him instead? Floyd feels like a great upside play if Brown can't go.

RTM
May 21, 2001

hewwo!

Spoeank posted:

Fitz. Magic.
Drop Bradshaw or DGB

I'm riding the Fitzmagic train this week too during Dalton's bye.

Prediction: 3td's, 3int, 275 yards

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Anyone have any idea how involved LaFell will be this week? Is he startable or do I have to wait and see, even if my other options are mediocre?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Jets are currently FA in one of my leagues, considering dropping someone to pick them up as they have two juicy weeks coming up against JAX and OAK (and potentially BUF)...

Would you drop anyone on this lineup for a good DST play? I picked up and played Stafford last week and do not expect much from him until his soft playoff schedule, so he is my first drop impulse, but there is some serious QB hoarding in this league, and my starter is Bort.

e: And ffs, I dropped MIA for MIN dst last night right before rotoworld called miami a top 5 this week. My tinkering and decisionmaking is generally bad.

With ADP questionable due to illness I feel even worse about my DST change.

• Locked thread