Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
After what seemed like a dozen lovely Super Saiyan Fest pulls I finally got Super Saiyan Future Trunks. I also Z awakened Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I really like that Trunks. He's incredibly more versatile than the other Saiyans as he works in an all Saiyan team, a Z Fighters team, or a team with the various incarnations of Cell.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I found out very quickly that Whis, while he hits like a truck, does not have very good links. :(

His leader skill still makes up for it enough for my team though.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I found out very quickly that Whis, while he hits like a truck, does not have very good links. :(

His leader skill still makes up for it enough for my team though.

That's going to be a problem with a lot of little niche characters unless they really make an effort to link people up. Goku likes food too, make a Food Lovers link or something lame like that.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
It's coming down to a decision time for me, I got a Chilled after finally beating Furious Transformation on Z-hard, and have him up to 54 after feeding him some lowbies. But my only other green at this point is an 80 Mighty Mask. Should I keep him, or feed him to Chilled? Mask is really unimpressive compared to almost everyone else on my roster except for HP ranks. He's second only to my Ginyu there.

Also, holy poo poo full power Bojack hits like a truck. I only have his super to level 1, and he's hitting somewhere around 35K on the low end. And he's only level 50 and not Z-Awakened yet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

It's coming down to a decision time for me, I got a Chilled after finally beating Furious Transformation on Z-hard, and have him up to 54 after feeding him some lowbies. But my only other green at this point is an 80 Mighty Mask. Should I keep him, or feed him to Chilled? Mask is really unimpressive compared to almost everyone else on my roster except for HP ranks. He's second only to my Ginyu there.

Also, holy poo poo full power Bojack hits like a truck. I only have his super to level 1, and he's hitting somewhere around 35K on the low end. And he's only level 50 and not Z-Awakened yet.

Keep both if you can. You need to have dudes around for mono-color teams eventually. I'm not a fan of either, but I have a REALLY hard time getting rid of an SR.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

In my experience, Mighty Mask is the better card. Chilled only ever disappoints. :mediocre:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Chilled is absolutely broken. Unless you have a SR TEQ #17 you should never ever think about getting rid of him.
Mighty Mask is still a +3 Ki Leader and a SR. Unless you have 6 better SR TEQs you shouldn't think about getting rid of him either, and even then its debatable (since you can farm him to SA 10, which ups his power by a lot. You also need him for a special link that gets added when we get the Broly event (among other cards, but again: He's easily farmable and will be one of your easier cards to get that link with)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Chilled is absolutely broken. Unless you have a SR TEQ #17 you should never ever think about getting rid of him.
Mighty Mask is still a +3 Ki Leader and a SR. Unless you have 6 better SR TEQs you shouldn't think about getting rid of him either, and even then its debatable (since you can farm him to SA 10, which ups his power by a lot. You also need him for a special link that gets added when we get the Broly event (among other cards, but again: He's easily farmable and will be one of your easier cards to get that link with)

That's the only reason I don't like Chilled. That loving 17 haunts me. He was my first SR on my account, and currently his Super level is at 9. It's insane.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Apparently I've been unfairly maligning Chilled.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Just four more Zangya medals.

I feel like I might regret blowing my dragon stones on trying to grind these out but damnit I'm almost there.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

I feel like I might regret blowing my dragon stones on trying to grind these out but damnit I'm almost there.

You feel like you regret it? I was in the same boat, 2 weekends ago when the event was ending on Tuesday. :argh:

I did however use both Bojack and Gohan from the event to break through my wall and get through all of the Normal Campaign and now I'm burning through Hard almost as easily. So many multi-pulls!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Aurora posted:

I think using a fistful of stones to finish out an event isn't unreasonable. Especially given how good Gohan and Bojack are.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Yeah, I blew a handful on getting Gohan to SA + Dokkan awakened. I don't regret it at all, he's a beast.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, this update is taking forever.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Man, this update is taking forever.

All for nothing, too.. Reddit is saying no Cooler again.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That is correct. Nothing. Gohan event is back.

On the other hand, they added the Resurrection of F stuff. Super Saiyan God cards and Golden Frieza. Also Cop Krillin, Android 13, and a lot of other Dokkan Awakening cards.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

On the other hand, they added the Resurrection of F stuff. Super Saiyan God cards and Golden Frieza. Also Cop Krillin, Android 13, and a lot of other Dokkan Awakening cards.

Well it's "there" but not usable. At this rate, we'll get access to it sometime after Thanksgiving.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

Aw poo poo, using my latest mult-pull on that!

New Leaf posted:

Well it's "there" but not usable. At this rate, we'll get access to it sometime after Thanksgiving.

Wait... it's not a new machine to pull now? Well gently caress. :effort:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah there was no actual "update" today. There was supposed to be! But all we got was a huge patch that lasted 2 hours longer than expected due to "circumstances", and the end of any event that's even remotely interesting. Right now there's the R Gohan and the R Goku that have been repeating since day 1, and that's it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Aw poo poo, using my latest mult-pull on that!

Wait... it's not a new machine to pull now? Well gently caress. :effort:

I was just saying the cards are in from a skim of some links. Nothing's enabled.

I'm trying to condense my gigantic character list down. I'm not sure if I want to keep an extra STR Roshi or Videl to eventually use along with the Dokkan'd one.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 21, 2015

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Well, that's pretty underwhelming. Hopefully we actually get the new stuff soon. I'm mostly hoping for new levels, since I finally managed to finish all the current ones on Z-hard.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Time to pray for more dragon stones as compensation!

e: Haha wow that's a lot of data to download.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 21, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aurora posted:

Time to pray for more dragon stones as compensation!

e: Haha wow that's a lot of data to download.

2? Stones for compensation for the extended maintenance if I recall.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Well drat, didn't we just hit 8 million too?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Downloads are rising as fast as power levels did on the show. We'll be in the billions soon!

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
You shouldn't ever be feeding unique SR characters to anybody. Are you guys so fucken miser to spare 1 stone to expand your character slot to start cannibalizing unique SR cards?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The day 100 reward is pretty sweet. A Supreme Kai, an Old Kai, and 5 stones.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shouldn't the SS event be gone now?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It is now, say hello to Majin Buu.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh, hell yeah.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Did two multi pulls. Got SR Kid Trunks five times.

And SSR Buu! Hooray. Now back to saving my stones for SSJGSSJ

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is great and all, but I wanted a new loving map to run on, not a new summon..

I'm mostly bitter because I got 2 Pui-Puis and a Frieza. Not even the good Frieza.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Apparently Cooler is in the pulls. I'm not sure how long he'll be in there though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I got two Super Saiyan pulls in a row - SR Agl 17, and SR STR Frieza.
And then Yakkon.

Two SS pulls in a row is pretty much the best luck I've ever had in this game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I only got an SR Zarbon and an SR Kid Trunks from two multisummons. Bunch of PuiPui, though.

That new R Yakon might not be terrible. Has a perfect guard passive. PuiPui looks like chaff, though.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 24, 2015

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I am trying to grind out Jackie Chun before the end of the day. I assume he's a good replacement for kid Gohan when they both are at Super Level 10. I need to upgrade my team, and that gohan I got week 1 is STILL my best Teq. Still need 4 more cards t o max out Chen though, and doing the event on Z-Hard burns me through a senzu and some other healing. It hurts every time!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I am trying to grind out Jackie Chun before the end of the day. I assume he's a good replacement for kid Gohan when they both are at Super Level 10. I need to upgrade my team, and that gohan I got week 1 is STILL my best Teq. Still need 4 more cards t o max out Chen though, and doing the event on Z-Hard burns me through a senzu and some other healing. It hurts every time!

If you happen to have a Dr. Gero - Red Ribbon Army's Grudge, take him as your leader and it'll lessen some of that damage. There are probably others, but he's the only one that I have with the -25% TEQ attack.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

If you happen to have a Dr. Gero - Red Ribbon Army's Grudge, take him as your leader and it'll lessen some of that damage. There are probably others, but he's the only one that I have with the -25% TEQ attack.

He's the only one so far, unless one of the new SRs has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Found this in the game's reddit and had a good chuckle:

I probably won't multipull for a while even though I have more than enough stones, last two multipulls I did, half of the cards were repeated ones, so I'll wait until the pool has more variety.