Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I see Jim Henson is now giving God advice on animals.

Glad to see he's still working, after his death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zFkVZhYANc

check out this house quail

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

Judah will start doing that bathing flailing when it's raining.

He is not outside in the rain.

Ten years on, and it seems to have yet to dawn on him that he never actually gets wet during these baths.

Our birds have always been irregular about this but sometimes the first indication of rain was one of them splaying their body feathers and pointing the wrong end up while worming around for no reason, still being inside of the house. If it wasn't too cold we would usually plop them out on the deck and set the hairdryer up on top of the cage so that they could get into drying positions afterward.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Hogge Wild posted:

ha, what are those
Furbies.

Some birds are kind enough to give rides to other birds.

Moon Potato fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 23, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Moon Potato posted:

Furbies.

Some birds are kind enough to give rides to other birds.

Hawks/birds of prey are awesome :black101: My house is surrounded by huge pastures and after they cut the grass there are mice and whatever everywhere, so for days after there are hawks just circling around and gorging. You can get pretty close and they'll still come down, it's neat but kind of :stare: because drat they're really pretty big when you get up close.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

i dont know if this bird has been posted

but i like it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CoxnUe49ZA

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Spider Covets posted:

but i like it

Wow this bird really put me in my place.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Wow this bird really put me in my place.

Yeah, really makes you think.

I'm neither a pretty girl nor can I fly :(.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

but i like it

Now this is a good birb synthesizer. Suddenly Max's gibberish doesn't sound so cool anymore.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

No loving way those are real.

What 80s kid's movie did you lift this screenshot from

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing those are... I don't know, what the gently caress do you call stuffed animals that are really artistic and meant for show.

Art.

Those are art.

:downs:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tendai posted:

Hawks/birds of prey are awesome :black101: My house is surrounded by huge pastures and after they cut the grass there are mice and whatever everywhere, so for days after there are hawks just circling around and gorging. You can get pretty close and they'll still come down, it's neat but kind of :stare: because drat they're really pretty big when you get up close.

My fav hawk story is a time a saw one taking a nap on a tree branch. A crow flew down and bit him on the rear end, then flew away.

Crows are pretty hilarious assholes

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

they probably want you to solve a riddle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Birds dont have balls

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Double Bill posted:

Now this is a good birb synthesizer. Suddenly Max's gibberish doesn't sound so cool anymore.

Medieval people would probably burn those talking birds at the stake.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

calm.jpg

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

Yeah, watching magpies deliberately gently caress with my cat has been one of the best parts of this fall for me.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

etalian posted:

My fav hawk story is a time a saw one taking a nap on a tree branch. A crow flew down and bit him on the rear end, then flew away.

They really enjoy being dicks to raptors. This one flew onto a branch right next to a Red-shouldered Hawk and called at it for almost a whole minute until the hawk got pissed and made a pass at the crow.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tendai posted:

I'm guessing those are... I don't know, what the gently caress do you call stuffed animals that are really artistic and meant for show.

Art.

Those are art.

:downs:

Artisinal folk dolls

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Double Bill posted:

In Thailand there was a dude that ran a little food stall and his myna birb would chill in its cage near the stall all day bustin out the Buddhist religious sayings in Thai.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Happy Pre Halloween everyone!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibUzDIWhsFg

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ty check out my owls costume

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Sheep-Goats posted:

I only see a mouse in cheese please keep this thread bird relevant.

3D GAY WORLD
May 15, 2007

Sheep-Goats posted:

Keeping birds still for measurement is hard, which is why the bird burrito was invented.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
These two birds are so underweight that you can see the bones of their wings. Luckily, as you can see in the photo, they're eating very well now and we hope in a few weeks they will recover enough to be released back to their flock.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
:drac::drac:

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
some more cute birds

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkCyJEIAKSw

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Tendai posted:

Yeah, watching magpies deliberately gently caress with my cat has been one of the best parts of this fall for me.

One time my cat attacked a magpie but it got away, so for the rest of the summer we'd have magpies in all the trees surrounding our house and they'd harass the cat whenever he went outside.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

computer parts posted:

One time my cat attacked a magpie but it got away, so for the rest of the summer we'd have magpies in all the trees surrounding our house and they'd harass the cat whenever he went outside.

Magpies fukken rule

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

some more cute birds

These are clearly bugs.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
http://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Safe-from-Swooping-Australian-Magpies

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Australian magpies have an incredible memory (as with all members of the Corvid family, they are very intelligent)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa loving incompetent loving writer, Australian magpies aren't in the loving Corvid family. That's European magpies, which are a completely different loving species you useless twits. Don't just type "magpie" into Wikipedia next time you're researching Australian magpies. gently caress

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 24, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Like what is it going to do next? The koala, like all members of the Ursidae family? The echidna, like all members of the Myrmecophagidae family? This is why I loving hate Wikihow

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Also the "stick eyes on the back of your hat/helmet" and "stick sticks in your helmet' DON'T WORK. An umbrella that's unfolded will shield you from maggies. A stick will do jack poo poo.

Can't even properly defend against swooping maggies Mr Speaker

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yea

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I'm very passionate about birbs okay

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

satanic splash-back posted:

My experience with pet rats did not ever include being pooped or peed on, despite daily handling.

You must have had girls. Boys love to drag their dicks around marking their territory. Rats too.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Angela Christine posted:

You must have had girls. Boys love to drag their dicks around marking their territory. Rats too.

I owned only boy rats and I can confirm that they are chill as gently caress, never stop cleaning themselves, and wee everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A7Gw217EJ4

• Locked thread