Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The EoH tournament thing today was just announcing the pairs.
No real gameplay or new reveals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov93tD0fhjM

Just skip it unless you're a masochist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

A Real Cool Image Compilation You Should Go Back A Page And See
drat, yeah this is probably what I was thinking off and it rules.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We're not at the bottom panel in the let's read so it can live here for now.
All JoJo threads should celebrate this great day.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait what

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Baal posted:

Wait what

Part 4 is confirmed to be happening.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't you loving lie to me

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Baal posted:

Don't you loving lie to me

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/657882381966114816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrTaVV0Hkng

I'm not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not falling for it nope

You will not jape me this day

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Baal posted:

I'm not falling for it nope

You will not jape me this day

Baal they announced a new Full Metal Panic and Jojo Part 4 on the same day, this is reality, you can't just deny reality.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
WATCH ME

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No but for real, I'm excited

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm close to crying tears of joy and I haven't ever done that in my life and it's been a good hour since I found out.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Finally

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm close to crying tears of joy and I haven't ever done that in my life and it's been a good hour since I found out.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:shittypop: What a time to be alive

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait this means we might get a manga release of Part 4

OH MY GOD

:tem:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I woke up for two seconds to check my texts and it was so worth it.

I'M SO EXCITED I'M GOING TO CRY maybe later after I get more than two hours of sleep

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think this has been the most hype week ever???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

Wait this means we might get a manga release of Part 4

OH MY GOD

:tem:

I'm honestly comparably excited for the prospect of there being a Part 4 JoJonium over in Japan because that's surely going to help encourage Viz to bring it over to us more than the individual existing volumes are right now.

I'd obviously take any version of DiU physically though.

Speaking of them, November 3 for the Battle Tendency vol.1 book in the states. Around the 23rd in the UK (iirc).

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Please explain why this is so exciting? Was there not a part 4 already?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

RC Cola posted:

There's never been a part 4 anime.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RC Cola posted:

the answer is always anime

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Also I just now see Aurain's namechange which is hilarious to me because I was seriously considering renaming myself to Oku but now it will look funny

Might do it anyway.

Augh there's no way I'm going back to sleep, I gave up and hauled out my computer.

e: I got the namechange because I can't imagine anyone's gonna take it but I will be god damned if someone else tries to be Oku on my watch

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 24, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Everyone please excited for Josuke and Okuyasu's Excellent Adventure

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 24, 2015

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Baal posted:

Everyone please excited for Josuke and Okuyasu's Excellent Adventure

yes

you're welcome

i edit out quoted spelling errors. because i'm a true bro. like brokuyasu.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 24, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ascalapha odorata posted:

Also I just now see Aurain's namechange which is hilarious to me because I was seriously considering renaming myself to Oku but now it will look funny

Might do it anyway.

Augh there's no way I'm going back to sleep, I gave up and hauled out my computer.

Do it, we will be eternally bonded to be the best bros. I wanted Crazy Diamond but it's taken and wanted to drop my old name for a while, I'm divorcing it slowly.

I just checked and it's the 19th for Battle Tendency vol.1 in the UK.

e: ↓ Hell yeah

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 24, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'd like to thank araki, god, and my friends who all know I'm so obsessed with this stuff that they all started texting me when they saw it themselves in their feeds

Arctos
May 10, 2008
Honestly for me the most exciting thing about this announcement is that part 4 adaptation getting made bodes really well for parts 5 and 6 getting adapted as well. It's not 100% certain of course but since they're continuing past part 3 I don't see David Production stopping unless they somehow run out money.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Arctos posted:

Honestly for me the most exciting thing about this announcement is that part 4 adaptation getting made bodes really well for parts 5 and 6 getting adapted as well. It's not 100% certain of course but since they're continuing past part 3 I don't see David Production stopping unless they somehow run out money.

Yeah, I mean Part 4 getting adapted is really, really important to me but seeing 5 and 6 get more attention will be nice.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Arctos posted:

above everything else I must see foo fighters animated

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can see 6's still being kind of iffy in the same way 4 was in that assuming the anime for 5 does well, and it should, it'll be very likely but there's still enough reason for there to be a small degree of doubt that it could happen because of a rumoured lack of popularity over in Japan for that part.

5 is nailed on after this ends though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
5 in particular would be nice, since it'd give everyone a fresh look without any jarring changes in quality or massive translation errors.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 24, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
6 is not iffy, if they're doing Part 4, they're going all the way with it provided the studio does not run out of money or explode.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Baal posted:

6 is not iffy, if they're doing Part 4, they're going all the way with it provided the studio does not run out of money or explode.

Considering the money they're no doubt making from merch, I fully expect it'll go straight through.

Please don't explode or run out of money until Part 7 has been adapted. I need that in my life. Eventually.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm honestly comparably excited for the prospect of there being a Part 4 JoJonium over in Japan because that's surely going to help encourage Viz to bring it over to us more than the individual existing volumes are right now.

I'd obviously take any version of DiU physically though.

Speaking of them, November 3 for the Battle Tendency vol.1 book in the states. Around the 23rd in the UK (iirc).

There's going to be an entire JoJo's shelf on my book case at this rate. :tem:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So, I was foolish and decided I should try jumping into Jojolion from 48.

I'm... so much more lost and I'm not sure if I'd read from chapter 1 I would understand more.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Onmi posted:

So, I was foolish and decided I should try jumping into Jojolion from 48.

I'm... so much more lost and I'm not sure if I'd read from chapter 1 I would understand more.

yes, if you read the manga like a normal person it makes sense

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

jumping straight into chapter 48 of any arc would be dumb.

doing it for jojolion is ESPECIALLY dumb.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

dogsicle posted:

yes, if you read the manga like a normal person it makes sense

I meant specifically with the Enemy stand. I understand Josuke is apparently a combination of Kira and Josefumi and he's with the Higa family investigating his identity.

Just took me a while to process what I was looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Onmi posted:

I meant specifically with the Enemy stand. I understand Josuke is apparently a combination of Kira and Josefumi and he's with the Higa family investigating his identity.

Just took me a while to process what I was looking at.

i think that's the first chapter that Stand has even shown up, so everybody is on the same page with you. i could be wrong because i'm at least one chapter behind.