Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Kumbamontu posted:

That's the Spirit is their best album

yeah, I said it

I'd say There is a Hell is their best, but I was a big IKTPQ fan. To each their own, at least you're not listening to country.

crondaily fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I think Sempiternal takes top spot for me, but I really dig That's The Spirit

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

crondaily posted:

I'd say There is a Hell is there best, but I was a big IKTPQ fan. To each there own, at least you're not listening to country.

How old are you

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
Fortress > Volition > Kezia > Scurrilous tbh

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

nerve posted:

How old are you

Old enough to be a terrible Metalcore snob who used Pandora back in 2006 to find new bands and can't spell for poo poo.

I only like the first Suicide Silence album.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I will preface this by saying I love That's The Spirit and it's grown on me so much it might be my favorite BMTH album, but those songs are awesome live.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Count Your Blessings will always be my favourite BMTH album. It's like they were a totally different band. Not as musically interesting / diverse but man it's heavy.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

crondaily posted:

If this was 2010 I'd be jealous. In this day and age you should be jealous of me for NOT being there.

Bring me the horizon is good and your opinion is bad.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Did I miss people talking about TDWP's Space EP? I think it's cool and good

e: also when whoever posted about Conducting with the Grave calling it quits I went to Spotify and saw there was a new release and was really happy that there would be new stuff to listen to, only to find out it's just old demos that sound like poo poo X_X

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

krustster posted:

Bring me the horizon is good and your opinion is bad.

You dislike one album here and...

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Strong opinions ITT: The Acacia Strain is unlistenable boring garbage

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

crondaily posted:

You dislike one album here and...

;) Jk mostly. Although the second Suicide Silence tape is really similar to the first and has some pretty good songs!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Metalcore is dead. Long live integrity.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

krustster posted:

;) Jk mostly. Although the second Suicide Silence tape is really similar to the first and has some pretty good songs!

It's music and it's subjective, I'm just mad I never saw BMTH when they were, in my opinion, at their peak.

Long live Alligator Blood.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

I agree with this statement. (Honestly there's not a lot of metalcore I like and I can't stand deathcore. I can't listed to pre-Suicide Season BMTH actually.)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Most metalcore is bad, but the good stuff is really good so it balances out

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Also, listening to this BMTH live tape makes me want to go see them too. Even though the crowd is probably 70% obnoxious teen girls, the energy and "audience participation" is pretty amazing. Generally speaking i think they have gotten better with each tape, Sempiternal being the best by a wide margin, though That's the Spirit is more of a sideways move. Out of all the bands recently who have gotten tired of playing metalcore and switched to regular rock, they are the only ones I can think of that are actually doing it really well.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Kumbamontu posted:

:captainpop:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I kind of feel like Sempiternal is the last Bring Me the Horizon album. That's the Spirit is a killer first release from Bring Me the Horizon 2.0

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

krustster posted:

Also, listening to this BMTH live tape makes me want to go see them too. Even though the crowd is probably 70% obnoxious teen girls, the energy and "audience participation" is pretty amazing.

This is very true. Dumb teenagers galore. A couple of girls a few people in front of me got into a fight over one of the drumsticks at the end. One with a selfie stick to record (thankfully only) parts of the show. Another with a freaking iPad. There was one point where the selfie stick was recording the iPad recording the show.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

This is very true. Dumb teenagers galore. A couple of girls a few people in front of me got into a fight over one of the drumsticks at the end. One with a selfie stick to record (thankfully only) parts of the show. Another with a freaking iPad. There was one point where the selfie stick was recording the iPad recording the show.

:negative:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Bape Culture posted:

Metalcore is dead. Long live integrity.

i dont ever see anybody talk about the "metallic hardcore" metalcore bands like integrity.

which is a shame cause they're one of the only 90s metalcore bands still around other than shai hulud and converge.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Metalcore has actually been enjoying a bit of a revival, which is cool and ok by me.

It weathered the storm that started in like 2009 and lasted a few years just fine. People were basically writing metalcore's obituary by the time 2011 rolled around but...nope.

60 Hertz Jig
May 21, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

Taking cellphone videos is bad enough. Selfie sticks and tablets? It should be legal to beat and dismember them with their own toys. Ugh.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Back in the day it would have got smashed the gently caress up. These days every fuckin loser is obsessed with gigs being "safespaces."
Liberal fascism is pretty hilarious and it's taken over anything remotely resembling hardcore.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What the gently caress

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

60 Hertz Jig posted:

Taking cellphone videos is bad enough. Selfie sticks and tablets? It should be legal to beat and dismember them with their own toys. Ugh.

The selfie stick only appeared during one of the openers thankfully. I ended up next to iPad girl and yelled at her to put it away before I smash it (it was in the way of my fist pumping dammit!). Never saw it again after that.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Henchman of Santa posted:

What the gently caress

additionally, lol

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

instead of walls of death when brutal breakdowns start you just see thousands of ipads gently bobbing about.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Back in the day it would have got smashed the gently caress up. These days every fuckin loser is obsessed with gigs being "safespaces."
Liberal fascism is pretty hilarious and it's taken over anything remotely resembling hardcore.

This is a retarded post. Additionally, I enjoy not being elbowed by sweaty shirtless fat guys sometimes when I am at a show.

Furthermore, selfie sticks are the worst.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Another concert last night (Hands Like Houses, but that's not why I'm posting) -- teenage girls loving LOVE BMTH. Throne came on between sets and got a better reaction than some of the openers. Not to mention the entire front row standing still during HLH to record the show.

I kinda feel bad for bands these days. No one up front acting like they're into your music?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dango Bango posted:

Another concert last night (Hands Like Houses, but that's not why I'm posting) -- teenage girls loving LOVE BMTH. Throne came on between sets and got a better reaction than some of the openers. Not to mention the entire front row standing still during HLH to record the show.

I kinda feel bad for bands these days. No one up front acting like they're into your music?

Never had this issue at shows I go to vOv

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Going to see Northlane, Volumes, The Acacia Strain and Hellions on Wednesday. So stoked.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I recently began to blast Pandora while lifting. An Acacia Strain channel played me some Thy Art is Murder for the first time and their record Hate is super dope, so then I set up a TAIM channel and have also enjoyed the sweet riffs of such acts as Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Volumes, and Rings of Saturn. Basically, while I am 2000andLATE I'm enjoying some new crazy workout music quite a lot :cool:

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

I recently began to blast Pandora while lifting. An Acacia Strain channel played me some Thy Art is Murder for the first time and their record Hate is super dope, so then I set up a TAIM channel and have also enjoyed the sweet riffs of such acts as Suicide Silence, Chelsea Grin, Volumes, and Rings of Saturn. Basically, while I am 2000andLATE I'm enjoying some new crazy workout music quite a lot :cool:

I can't believe you never tried Thy Art is Murder before....but still, :cool:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I love the poo poo out of Hate, but the latest Thy Art is Murder album, Holy War, hasn't really clicked with me quite as well. It's solid and I'll spin it every now and then, but listening to it just makes me wish I was listening to Hate

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

The jams I've heard from Holy War are nowhere near as radical as Hate, I agree with you. Hate is on another level.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Rings of Saturn are dope as gently caress, Dingir and Lugal Ki En hit hard.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Holy War sounds a lot like a For Today tape but with opposite lyrical themes. On the other hand, the new For Today tape is pretty rad and sounds a little different than before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ayvdtZJl0k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Lemme just take time to plug Jamey Jasta's podcast "The Jasta Show" he has good guests on, and it's a lot of fun hearing him talk to people that were/are in the metalcore scene. His recent podcast with Ken Susi from Unearth is a good jumping off point.