Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I want a 5-way brawl for the light heavyweight championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Dangersim posted:

Jones' instagram is just videos of him dancing around his house right now

Looks like he has been lifting a bit also now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca_iRZ9ygNc

A near 2.5x bodyweight deadlift is pretty solid especially considering the less then ideal form.

shizen fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 24, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

What form? He basically lifted all of that with his back and then used a hitching motion.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

GreyPowerVan posted:

What form? He basically lifted all of that with his back and then used a hitching motion.

yeah but i bet he could kick your rear end...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I am Otis posted:

yeah but i bet he could kick your rear end...

I'm sure he could, I think all UFC fighters could at this point :v:

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Rumble vs Bader could be a 5 rounder and I'd give Bader a slight better shot of winning a decision against Rumbleton under those circumstances. Otherwise he'd be dead.

shizen posted:

less than ideal form.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yeah, I showed the lifting videos to my friend who's a semi-pro lifter and he was trashing his form in all of those videos. Which kind of makes me think either Jones strength & conditioning team is way overpaid, or that Jones really didn't train that seriously during the Cocaine Days, is just starting now, and now he might be pretty loving strong come fight time.

I'm just a computer programmer with a bad back so I wouldn't know. Also I really just want to see a video of Melvin Guillard benching 315 pounds in front of Rich Franklin.

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

Dangersim posted:

I legit was worried chuck was dead when I saw that live

At that point in time, I thought MMA was pro-wrestling and Chuck was a white supremacist (because he looks like one, tbh), so it seemed a great victory for the racial justice story line.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

Bubba Smith posted:

Rumble vs Bader could be a 5 rounder and I'd give Bader a slight better shot of winning a decision against Rumbleton under those circumstances. Otherwise he'd be dead.

I'd favor rumble by early knockout overall but really if it did go five rounds there's no way he wouldn't gas catastrophically and get finished

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i just watched all of rumble's lhw ufc fights and i'm still lolling at the thought of bader beating him by any means.

Bubba Smith posted:

seriously, watch the phil davis fight again. he's fresher than phil by the end of the third.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Decades posted:

but really if it did go five rounds there's no way he wouldn't gas catastrophically and get finished

this is so, so wrong

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Ryan Bader is the living embodiment of The Big Nothing.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Ryan Bader is the living embodiment of The Big Nothing.

I think that belongs to Gleison Tibau tbh. At least Bader has headlined a few UFC cards/been in decent co-main event slots. Tibau is coming up on his 26th UFC fight and he's spent nearly every single one on the prelims.

Tibau vs Trujillo in 2 weeks is a pretty decent fight by the way. You can add that to another reason to watch Hendo vs Belfort III.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

bader should only fight the people that are way better than him because literally none of his wins are memorable in any way

in your rush to impeach Ryan Bader you are erasing one of MMA's greatest moments

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CarlCX posted:

in your rush to impeach Ryan Bader you are erasing one of MMA's greatest moments

if you had asked me who the dean of mean was fighting when he invented that maneuver i would not have been able to tell you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

I think that belongs to Gleison Tibau tbh.

It's always been a little impressive that Tibau can make weight with all the muscle.

A little impressive at anything puts him above Bader because he really is just utterly unremarkable.

The Jardine faceplant isn't about him in the slightest so I wouldn't attribute any of that to him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

nature is magnificent

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Decades posted:

I'd favor rumble by early knockout overall but really if it did go five rounds there's no way he wouldn't gas catastrophically and get finished

The DC fight showed us that if he is forced to work at someone else's pace and they are actually making it a fight, Rumble can still gas at 205. But the Davis fight showed us that if his opponent has absolutely nothing for him and the fight is taking place entirely on his terms, Rumble can go at least three active rounds. I have a very hard time imagining a Bader fight that looks more like the DC fight than the Davis one.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

CarlCX posted:

It always amazes me how Jardine got up from that. I mean literally the method used to get up, not THAT he got up. It looks like a drunk tipping over in reverse, or that he used the momentum of his face hitting the mat to spring straight back to his feet. If somebody put that gif of him getting up in reverse and cut out the actual fall, it would probably look more natural.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hobojim posted:

It always amazes me how Jardine got up from that. I mean literally the method used to get up, not THAT he got up. It looks like a drunk tipping over in reverse, or that he used the momentum of his face hitting the mat to spring straight back to his feet. If somebody put that gif of him getting up in reverse and cut out the actual fall, it would probably look more natural.

http://gfycat.com/LankyThoughtfulIrukandjijellyfish#?direction=reverse

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo. It does [the gif] look like he's going backwards

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

haha

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Perfect. Thank you for this.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Probably the best part of chuck's complete and instant decline was the six minutes we all thought Keith Jardine was a really good fighter.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Keith Jardine>Chuck Liddell>Wanderlei Silva>Keith Jardine

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
if there's one thing PSP is good for, it's informative posts on posture re: all things.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Remember WireFu? Well he's BACK!! In GOBLIN form!

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Cathal Pendred gif. Spoiler warning
So good.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Good poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

saying a pendred GIF is good is inherently a spoiler

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
holy poo poo her nick is really 'ash the gash'?

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

nature is magnificent

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

EmmyOk posted:

saying a pendred GIF is good is inherently a spoiler

hardest i've laughed at a single post in a long time.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfMz42GLpU

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

If Aldo dominates or ends Conor fast, I wonder if he would take the opportunity to completely destroy Conor's stock and LW title hotshot in the post-fight interview by saying it was his easiest fight and/or how he's nothing but talk and a joke. It'd be a huge gently caress you to his "9-figure contract" claims and cutting the line to fight Cerrone/RDA before Khabib. It'd also be a big gently caress you to the UFC's revenue potential; and he'd probably enjoy that. On the flip side he'd get booed so hard by the crowd that he'd actually start to draw for once.

Then Frankie can come in as the American hero and take what's rightfully his.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nice and then CM punk comes out and you think he's going to cheer for frankie but instead he hits him with a STEEL chair and joins Brazil because he likes big asses and being injured and everyone's booing but then boom it's GSP he's back baby and guess what he's 145 now and then Goldberg is shouting WE'RE OUT OF TIME FOLKS and the ppv ends right there with a staredown between CM Punk, Aldo, and GSP while the crowd goes crazy fade to black. The next night on Raw GSP reveals his partner for the tag match that commissioner Hulk Hogan makes at summer slam: It's NBA superstar Karl "The Mailman" Malone.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Nice and then CM punk comes out and you think he's going to cheer for frankie but instead he hits him with a STEEL chair and joins Brazil because he likes big asses and being injured and everyone's booing but then boom it's GSP he's back baby and guess what he's 145 now and then Goldberg is shouting WE'RE OUT OF TIME FOLKS and the ppv ends right there with a staredown between CM Punk, Aldo, and GSP while the crowd goes crazy fade to black. The next night on Raw GSP reveals his partner for the tag match that commissioner Hulk Hogan makes at summer slam: It's NBA superstar Karl "The Mailman" Malone.

This poster is off to a hot start

e- oh, it's keven...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Seltzer posted:

That's forums poster Kevan Just Kevan and he's been around a while.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Seltzer posted:

lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

That's forums poster Kevan Just Kevan and he's been around a while.

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

• Locked thread