Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I've got an exotic repeater pistol for the witch hunter and it's hot trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The repeater handgun and the repeater pistol are two different weapons.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Just in case any bros want to play I know us over at Reticulated Splines (check PGS) are getting into it.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Managed to fuse a blue dwarf shotgun with 50% faster reload and heal on kill. I shed a tear at its beauty.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I find I'm not a huge fan of the Dorf Shotgun, despite having a blue. It's nice, sure, but like the Blunderbuss, it kinda doesn't really do anything I shouldn't already be doing with melee except maybe thin the herd a little and doesn't give me an option for sniping out specials.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Night10194 posted:

I find I'm not a huge fan of the Dorf Shotgun, despite having a blue. It's nice, sure, but like the Blunderbuss, it kinda doesn't really do anything I shouldn't already be doing with melee except maybe thin the herd a little and doesn't give me an option for sniping out specials.

Shotguns feel far more useful on difficulties above hard where increased enemy health means it takes longer to thin out mobs of clanrats with melee and the shotgun no longer feels like massive overkill.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ah, that'd probably explain it. Do you have to worry about friendly fire with it, though?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I imagine I'd consider a shotgun the sexiest thing ever if I got one with heal on kill though.

Night10194 posted:

Ah, that'd probably explain it. Do you have to worry about friendly fire with it, though?

Considering the number of times I've shot my dwarven rifle through people, or had bright wizards lob fireballs through me, or just party members dropping grenades on me, I kinda doubt that friendly fire exists at all in this game.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Alkydere posted:

I imagine I'd consider a shotgun the sexiest thing ever if I got one with heal on kill though.

Considering the number of times I've shot my dwarven rifle through people, or had bright wizards lob fireballs through me, or just party members dropping grenades on me, I kinda doubt that friendly fire exists at all in this game.

Try a Nightmare mission where the elf brought a hag bow, and report back to us.

Come to think of it, I don't actually know if it was the hag gas that hurt my group or if the lovely elf was ramming arrows directly into us. Both seem equally plausible.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 24, 2015

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Alkydere posted:

It exists on Nightmare or higher for ranged weapons. Anything below that feel free to shoot right through people.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fans posted:

It exists on Nightmare or higher for ranged weapons. Anything below that feel free to shoot right through people.

Ah, fair enough. Seems like an utterly hilarious surprise first time you go to Nightmare.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
It doesn't do that much damage. Then you throw a bomb and it's a TPK.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Bombs are really goddamn helpful. They've saved our butts more than once when we've been getting overwhelmed.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone know if there's a maximum amount of stamina you can have on a weapon? Like if I get a shield with a +2 stamina trait, will it actually only add 1?

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone know if there's a maximum amount of stamina you can have on a weapon? Like if I get a shield with a +2 stamina trait, will it actually only add 1?

That seems to be the case, yes. I have a blue set of shield and hammer with +2 stamina, and it only goes up to 6.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

each shield icon is two points of stamina, a "half point" is a cracked shield

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Fans posted:

It doesn't do that much damage. Then you throw a bomb and it's a TPK.

The best part is Pack Masters. Someone gets grabbed and then executed by their own team.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

President Ark posted:

each shield icon is two points of stamina, a "half point" is a cracked shield

This. Blocking clanrats and slaves only eats a single point, or half a shield, while shield bashes cost 2 points, or a full shield. Trying to block a rat ogre or stormvermin will instantly guard crush you regardless of stamina.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Kanos posted:

This. Blocking clanrats and slaves only eats a single point, or half a shield, while shield bashes cost 2 points, or a full shield. Trying to block a rat ogre or stormvermin will instantly guard crush you regardless of stamina.

One of the interesting things about blocking is that actually blocking normal skaven staggers them as much as shield bashing them. You don't need to hit bash too often to keep them back except if they are flanking you.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I've been really surprised by how much success you can have when you play to roles. We had a swarm attack during a set piece on hard, with two of the characters down, just the Solder (myself) and the Elf (pub) remaining. I thought we were pretty boned but we held off the entire swarm and took pretty much no damage through myself sword and boarding, drawing all the attention and taking occasional slashes when I wasn't needing to block and the elf darting in and out slaughtering from behind me.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

hooman posted:

I've been really surprised by how much success you can have when you play to roles. We had a swarm attack during a set piece on hard, with two of the characters down, just the Solder (myself) and the Elf (pub) remaining. I thought we were pretty boned but we held off the entire swarm and took pretty much no damage through myself sword and boarding, drawing all the attention and taking occasional slashes when I wasn't needing to block and the elf darting in and out slaughtering from behind me.

A good shield guy is a real asset and makes everything go much more smoothly- it's just not the most exciting role.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

The loot gods have been hating me today. Nothing but green drops for doing hard/nightmare runs all day. :suicide:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

People before that were talking about the randomness of the trueshot bows, not sure what you were referring to. I tried it out today and you can definitely lock onto certain enemies.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

People before that were talking about the randomness of the trueshot bows, not sure what you were referring to. I tried it out today and you can definitely lock onto certain enemies.

It's finnicky as poo poo and often takes just as long or longer to lock onto the specific guy you want to kill as it would be to simply use a longbow to shoot them in the face. The trueshot shines when either your desired target is the only thing around to hit or you don't care what you hit as long as you hit something.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

Panzeh posted:

A good shield guy is a real asset and makes everything go much more smoothly- it's just not the most exciting role.

It's no COD Killstreak Collector but I'm pretty loving excited when I'm shieldbashing my way through a hundred clan rats while my brightwizard friend lights them up like a christmas tree

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I've caught myself laughing like a maniac when I go through the rats with the charged hammer swing from Kruber. That thing just feels like it hits like a train and watching them all go flying is awesome.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Panzeh posted:

idk about you but wading through a bunch of stormvermin that are on fire and trying to kill me is pretty drat fun. I feel sorry for the wizards and elves who don't get to have that kind of fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Trier posted:

It's no COD Killstreak Collector but I'm pretty loving excited when I'm shieldbashing my way through a hundred clan rats while my brightwizard friend lights them up like a christmas tree

Yeah I've been playing the role of shield-dwarf and it is pretty awesome to go plowing through a big carpet of rats, swinging a hammer and shield and just stunning everything in a 10 foot radius. Then the elf comes by and vivisects everything. :v: It also helps that the dwarf laughs his rear end off the whole time, though.

Admittedly, though, I cheat at the role a bit because I have a decent set of Drakefires, so I tend to be useful at any range except extreme.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
What is it about the structure of the Black Powder level that makes idiotic pubbies act even more stupid that usual? Level starts, everyone scatters to the far corners of the map.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Arrrthritis posted:

idk about you but wading through a bunch of stormvermin that are on fire and trying to kill me is pretty drat fun. I feel sorry for the wizards and elves who don't get to have that kind of fun.

Wait, do you mean I'm not supposed to set them on fire and then wade in swinging a sword like a maniac as the BW?

EDIT: Also, how can I use the Mumble Overlay with the game?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 24, 2015

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie

I levelled up on the Vermintide forums :tbear:

E: how do I get some of them sweet forum points? I need to show everyone I'm a well-respected forumsposter.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Night10194 posted:

I love shotguns, the rifle butting makes it this great mid-range weapon. While you can melee the poo poo outta rats, getting into melee really kills my awareness. Where I can shotgun a pack of rats then spin around and rifle butt whatever is lurking behind me.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

uber_stoat posted:

What is it about the structure of the Black Powder level that makes idiotic pubbies act even more stupid that usual? Level starts, everyone scatters to the far corners of the map.

It's an open area with several different options. It's hard for pubbies to coordinate which of the barrels to go to. I'm sure it would help if you could mark objectives the way you can mark specials.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Kanos posted:

It's finnicky as poo poo and often takes just as long or longer to lock onto the specific guy you want to kill as it would be to simply use a longbow to shoot them in the face. The trueshot shines when either your desired target is the only thing around to hit or you don't care what you hit as long as you hit something.

Yeah, I've been using the Trueshot bow, and it's great for taking down specials, but if any trash rats are in front of you, it's tough to get the lock you want. But when you do...

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Badly Jester posted:

It's an open area with several different options. It's hard for pubbies to coordinate which of the barrels to go to. I'm sure it would help if you could mark objectives the way you can mark specials.

Instead of this devs turned off ability to highlight certain member to show others who should they follow.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Alright I just want some quick loot so ill do black powder with pubs (I know, I hosed up).

Wipe to the rat ogre because nobody but me is attempting to stay close to anyone else, game crashes.

Wipe to the rat ogre because nobody but me is attempting to stay close to anyone else.

Game bugs out and will not let us finish the level despite having all the barrels and everyone being on the boat. Eventual death to attrition/throwing ourselves off the side of the boat 10 minutes later.

I really do like this game but a. gently caress pubbies b. this game was really not ready for launch.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Kirs posted:

Instead of this devs turned off ability to highlight certain member to show others who should they follow.

Being able to ping people and objectives like items would be super helpful in trying to here pubbies.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

I really do like this game but a. gently caress pubbies b. this game was really not ready for launch.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

My two current trinkets are -90% damage from poison gas and the ability to share my strength/speed potion use with anyone within 15 feet of me. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Just got this game. Was not in the beta, have only played for like half an hour thus far, know jack poo poo about anything. Any convenient resources for with which to help me not suck?

And holy poo poo does the elf EVER stop complaining. I have yet to hear a single line from her that isn't bitching.

• Locked thread