Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Our fees aren't paid / where the gently caress is Blade?

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
He's a half human half vampire vampire hunter who is part time the South African minister for education

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Here's a nice story of a 19 year old kid running over a 16 year old then taking pictures of the dead body and tweeting them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-livid-after-driver-kills-son-tweets-photo-of-body/

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mad Monk posted:

Here's a nice story of a 19 year old kid running over a 16 year old then taking pictures of the dead body and tweeting them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mom-livid-after-driver-kills-son-tweets-photo-of-body/

Going to jail lol #oops

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Mad Monk posted:

Has to be a joke story, right? No way Keen-on Slaughter would engage in vehicular homicide.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

not saying the victim was on his phone, too, but I really wouldn't be surprised. I see people (especially snake people) using crosswalks with their heads down all the time, assuming that because liability is on their side that cars would magically stop for them.

It's weird that right-of-way is given to peds instead of, you know, the 4000lb death machine vehicles that a pedestrian should treat with caution/fear 100% of the time.

Another victory for Florida Man.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
millennials are the smartest generation tbh

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

maker posted:

millennials are the smartest generation tbh

Having Google and Wikipedia do not make you smart

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Knowing how to use it does.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

blugu64 posted:

Having Google and Wikipedia do not make you smart

Doesn't hurt

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KoRMaK posted:

Hahahaha lol just lol

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

:drat:

Chirk Manbote
Apr 19, 2012
"lol I am smarter because I have spent more/less time being a walking tumor on this poo poo earth than that other shitposter"
We're all super lovely. At least seeing all the ways millentils are lovely lessens the sting of being one.
post lennies

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If that bottle smash timing was intentional 10/10

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

that's a cool dad

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

ThePriceIsRight posted:

that's a cool dad

That's a white Kony

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

We need to perform the Voight-Kampff test on this guy.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

etalian posted:

hitler would be perfect hipster
-moderate artistic ability
-low employability
-goes on long random rants on different topics
-parent issues
-mustache

-opposed to Zionism

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

welcome to the dumbest post yet written by you

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

second-hand smegma posted:

welcome to the dumbest post yet written by you

no see, because being able to find information and process it does. and since wikipedia and google are available to everyone, everyone has more chances to build that skill. a skill that helps you get smart

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

no see, because being able to find information and process it does. and since wikipedia and google are available to everyone, everyone has more chances to build that skill. a skill that helps you get smart

people who can find info can't necessarily process it.

the current youth generation (in a broad trend reflected by neutered post-secondary coursework and the inability of grown rear end loving adults to write two consecutive paragraphs that relate to each other) lacks critical thinking skills because the secondary educational system long ago switched its focus from comprehension and analysis to query and coding/decoding. turns out using your phone/tablet to scroll through poo poo on wikipedia and click hyperlinks is actually a different kind of reading than in-depth book learning, and it promotes a different kind of brain development. or so i gathered from maryanne wolf's writing.

guess that's why snake people have such short attention spans. but hey, i'm sure they'll make great PR execs.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

people who can find info can't necessarily process it.
agreed.

didnt read the rest

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plus Wikipedia/google is full of misinformation and if my Facebook feed is any indication, people believe whatever they read with roughly zero critical thought.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

agreed.

didnt read the rest

that's actually my millennial trap card you just stepped on

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea, i knew that which is why i poked it with a stick so i didnt step in it

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:perfect:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Millenials can;t even put their phone down for 10 seconds and shoot someone in the face

http://inteliscopes.com/

:rolleyes:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Funny how Idaho itself looks like an industrial accident.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only buy products made in idaho

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Plus Wikipedia/google is full of misinformation and if my Facebook feed is any indication, people believe whatever they read with roughly zero critical thought.

I joined Facebook a few months ago, and I've been shocked at how bad my younger friends are about this... in some ways actually worse then the crusty old fart friends of my parents. Did you know that Obama is a failed president? It's true, look at this online poll...

A few months ago I sat next to guy on a plane who has been a highschool English teacher for 30 years. He was complaining bitterly that these days his students can barely write in complete sentences, let alone write a well-structured paragraph. Poor guy was really frustrated with the quality of his school's graduates.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

NESguerilla posted:

I only buy products made in idaho

Spuds and spud accessories

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/i-went-to-a-nu-kawaii-cosplay-rave-in-brooklyn

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Why is it so important to write in complete sentences anyway.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea theres a bunch of knee jerk reactionary types across all generations.

its like, generation laberls are usless

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Andre the Beta

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Squashy Nipples posted:

I joined Facebook a few months ago, and I've been shocked at how bad my younger friends are about this... in some ways actually worse then the crusty old fart friends of my parents. Did you know that Obama is a failed president? It's true, look at this online poll...

A few months ago I sat next to guy on a plane who has been a highschool English teacher for 30 years. He was complaining bitterly that these days his students can barely write in complete sentences, let alone write a well-structured paragraph. Poor guy was really frustrated with the quality of his school's graduates.

John McWhorter, a linguist, had a thing about how wrong this idea is, and had historic quotes from teachers, superintendents, deans of harvard, going all the way back to some guy in the roman empire, all bitching about how students now are retards compared to before and can't spell or write. people always think the next generation is dumb

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

hey ive been to one of these and guess what; its cool.

• Locked thread