Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We're not at the bottom panel in the let's read so it can live here for now.
All JoJo threads should celebrate this great day.

I AM PUNCHING SPAGHETTI SO HARD RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i think that's the first chapter that Stand has even shown up, so everybody is on the same page with you.

It's why the thread got a new subtitle.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

okay, the million dollar question in regards to arc 4 anime.

when is it premiering.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Not soon enough!! :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's more info coming in next month's Ultra Jump, but I wouldn't expect it before next July.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

We're not at the bottom panel in the let's read so it can live here for now.
All JoJo threads should celebrate this great day.

Thank you anime gods

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Okay, I've got OPINIONS on this. Check this out.

First: it's loving AWESOME OH GOD I CAN DIE IN PEACE that is when I've actually watched it HELL YES

Then: I sure hope the anime does the comic justice! 'cause truth be told, I wasn't 100% convinced by the Stardust Crusaders anime. At times, it looked like upgraded manga panels with added lip flaps. It sure isn't a show that one should expect awesome, fast-paced & fluid action from (it's far too talky and explanation-heavy), but there's a couple scenes that I hope get an appropriately ridiculous part of the budget assigned to them so that they look as great as I imagine them. Like the Highway Star fight. I want insane bike action. DO NOT DISAPPOINT.

On the plus side, I feel like an anime won't feel as drawn-out as Stardust Crusaders, simply because a) Diamond Is Unbreakable is much better ( :colbert: ), b) DiU is much less repetitive and has more unique fights / stand confrontations and c) DiU is the only JoJo so far where it felt like it could go on forever, and stay ridiculously good. Which isn't meant as a dig versus the other parts, it's just one of DiU's particular qualities.

I will judge this adaption based on how awesome Okuyasu and Kira are. In particular how they sound. I'm not sure what an undetectable Stand explosion would sound like, and I want to know...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Finally I can see that glorious pompadour in motion.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I can't wait to see Rohan punching a fifth grader in glorious animation. :tem:

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Does anyone have the image of the like thing where it just cuts a few parts of Let's Go Eat Italian Food to basically summarize it?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad we're finally going home to Morioh.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

There's more info coming in next month's Ultra Jump, but I wouldn't expect it before next July.

it got announced. that's a start.

lets not be impatient now. im positive we'll get some concept art next year with maaaybe a Fall 2016 airdate.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMuiAYCRac

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Hoping against hope for a hip hop soundtrack

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I'd be all for this as an ED with Kira just going about his daily life. Walking to work, grabbing a sandwich, watering the housecat.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't imagine them not trying for some Queen, but I don't know how much it would cost to license them

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What I want is a DIO's World style stinger for the 2nd OP at the end of the series, but instead of him freezing time like DIO obviously, Kira activates Bites the Dust and we see him doing his BTD poses over the OP while it quickly rewinds to the beginning.

Obviously, it wouldn't play the OP over again from the start at that point, just fade into the episode.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Wasn't there a specific ED song that Araki would like if they could get the rights for it? I can't remember it for the life of me...

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The best part of this announcement is now people will finally shut up about the ED being All Star.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BaDandy posted:

Wasn't there a specific ED song that Araki would like if they could get the rights for it? I can't remember it for the life of me...

Build me up buttercup, supposedly.

If the ED does somehow manage to be that lovely Smashmouth song, I'm breaking my never skip a JoJo ED rule. gently caress that song.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Queen isn't under Warner Music Japan, so while Killer Queen or Don't Stop Me Now or whatever would be perfect, it's super unlikely. Now, the next best choice on the other hand... ... ....

Bad Seafood posted:

The best part of this announcement is now people will finally shut up about the ED being All Star.

Edit: Literally a minute apart

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

What I want is a DIO's World style stinger for the 2nd OP at the end of the series, but instead of him freezing time like DIO obviously, Kira activates Bites the Dust and we see him doing his BTD poses over the OP while it quickly rewinds to the beginning.

Obviously, it wouldn't play the OP over again from the start at that point, just fade into the episode.

I can't wait for Part 7 where the OP starts up and then like 30 seconds in President Valentine switches it to a similar yet completely different OP

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication is a 1999 release, that could work.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The thought of (part 4 spoilers) Shigechi dying segueing into "SOME-body once told me the world is gonna roll me" still makes me lol though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what are the arguments for and against "all star"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's only one world who rolls people in JoJo and he's called The World. :colbert:

setafd posted:

- The song sucks a lot
- The song is in Shrek, is remembered for being in Shrek and is synonymous with Shrek
- Shrek is good, but it isn't JoJo

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

setafd posted:

For:
It was a top pop rock hit in 1999, a consistent line of logic that lead to other songs being picked for the other EDs
It's under the Warner Music Japan label, so Warner Animation wouldn't have to pay a dime to use it
It's bizarrely appropriate to the tone of the first half of Part 4, at least

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

setafd posted:

+ It's thematically resonant with Part 4, and the opposite of Kira's "simple life".
+ It was hugely popular in 1999, the year DiU is set.

- We'd have to listen to Smash Mouth.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hoobajoo posted:

+ It's thematically resonant with Part 4, and the opposite of Kira's "simple life".
+ It was hugely popular in 1999, the year DiU is set.

- We'd have to listen to Smash Mouth.

That minus should be a plus

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't have anything against All Star, I just thought it was dumb how for awhile the only line of reasoning behind it was "It topped the charts in 1999 so it MUST be the ED," as though something that arbitrary were the only deciding factor.

"Thank God we ended up with All Star and not Genie in a Bottle."

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Though hilariously enough the lyrics for Genie in a Bottle fit well for Dio in Part 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Genie in a Bottle is a better song in my opinion.

Also, I'm not sure if you caught it Bad Seafood, but someone wanted the anime thread's title updating to reflect Part 4 being confirmed.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm actually still thinking what to do about that thread since the announcement of the anime puts the Let's Read in a weird place.

Also, it's not about being the better song but about fitting the tone of the part. All Star kinda sorta does fit, my point was more just "What if some song that was completely ill-fitting topped the charts? Would people still think they were obligated to use it?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It is kind of a weird predicament with that thread, I agree.
It's sort of weird for Xibanya because I wonder if a bunch of their audience is gonna bail out now and wait for the anime because we know it's coming now.

It'd be a shame if that happened because it's a great read.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I assumed most of the people reading it had already read the manga, the real attraction is her fairly in-depth visual and thematic analysis and the anime's announcement doesn't really alter that

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Bad Seafood posted:

Though hilariously enough the lyrics for Genie in a Bottle fit well for Dio in Part 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIDWgqDBNXA

I hate that I can't un-imagine this now. :argh:

I dooo think Xibanya's Let's Read would still be good from the whole "comic techniques that Araki uses to tell the story" perspective, and I don't think knowing what happens in the manga is going to take away from enjoying the anime, but I dunno...

It's on a blog, so maybe it could be kept up there for people who want to see it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Let's Read Part 4 can probably be its own thread.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I want Josuke confronting a silhouette of Kira in the first OP.

Then when Kira does BTD in the second OP, he reverts it to the first one and takes the place of the silhouette.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Let's Read Part 4 can probably be its own thread.
That's what I was thinking, honestly.

For now I think we should wait to hear the expected air date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:shittypop: