Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Medullah posted:

Just pug healed a GF EV. Good news is, it's not THAT tough - mobs hit a lot harder but as long as you know the mechanics you'll be fine. Every boss drops a piece of 216 loot for each person in the raid, which is nice (not sure if this is a group finder bonus or the new thing with SM raids).

The bad news -

1 - They put an invisible wall up in the shortcut area before the pylons, so you have to clear trash.

2 - Gharj is bugged so lava platforms either don't appear or are invisible

3 - Soa is bugged still so invisible platforms dropping unless you look up!

Soa is mainhand right? I'd love to try and get something started for that if we could. Dunno if you need FE to do raids, or how useful the 60 -> 65 bolster actually is, but it'd be cool to get on the raid train again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Eimi posted:

Soa is mainhand right? I'd love to try and get something started for that if we could. Dunno if you need FE to do raids, or how useful the 60 -> 65 bolster actually is, but it'd be cool to get on the raid train again.

Yeah. If I don't go out tonight I would be up for running it. It seemed pretty easy - just not as fast as a faceroll run because mobs actually had a ton of HP. And Soa platforms can eat a dick, of course.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
They made leveling so much easier even with a preferred account. Gonna have fun finishing all the class stories now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Medullah posted:

The bad news -
2 - Gharj is bugged so lava platforms either don't appear or are invisible

3 - Soa is bugged still so invisible platforms dropping unless you look up!

:allears: It's like launch all over again.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Sold in under an hour. Should have asked for more...

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

Sold in under an hour. Should have asked for more...

I think the GTN is due for a user friendliness overhaul. Starting with the simple addition of goddamn commas into all numbers.

Also the ability to list items by price/unit rather than having to bust out the calculator I stole from work every time I want to list a stack.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The more I think about it while bored at work, the more I'm convinced you could write a decent paper about the relationships between the main characters of KotFE - Valkorion, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, posthomously Thexann, and the Outlander - as one of the most spectacularly dysfunctional families depicted in a modern video game. Arcann even spends much of the expansion all but screaming "Why did daddy pick you and not me?!"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think the GTN is due for a user friendliness overhaul. Starting with the simple addition of goddamn commas into all numbers.

Also the ability to list items by price/unit rather than having to bust out the calculator I stole from work every time I want to list a stack.

Also vendors sorting items by type

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

StashAugustine posted:

Also vendors sorting items by type

And the ability to see pricing history on items.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cythereal posted:

The more I think about it while bored at work, the more I'm convinced you could write a decent paper about the relationships between the main characters of KotFE - Valkorion, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, posthomously Thexann, and the Outlander - as one of the most spectacularly dysfunctional families depicted in a modern video game. Arcann even spends much of the expansion all but screaming "Why did daddy pick you and not me?!"

Valkorion is truly a terrible father, yeah. The opening cinematic sold that very effectively, I liked it a lot.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Pretty princess nerd alert: I've started changing the looks of my characters to reflect the changes brought by the KOTFE empire storyline. I'd been using the same look for a while now but the events of FE are making me update their looks to reflect their new "reality" :eng99:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hulk Smash! posted:

Pretty princess nerd alert: I've started changing the looks of my characters to reflect the changes brought by the KOTFE empire storyline. I'd been using the same look for a while now but the events of FE are making me update their looks to reflect their new "reality" :eng99:

I'd love to see the before and afters, if you've been taking pics!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also pretty princess post time for me: I managed to snag "Batmann" for my powertech name, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the right mask.

I'm looking for this headgear: http://tor-fashion.com/hazmat-force-lordforce-healer-mk-123-imp/

Which is apparently obsolete raid gear. Any idea where I could pick it up without praying for RNGesus to place it inside an alliance crate? My only thought based on the TOR fashion descriptions is that maaaaybe there will be a level 50 comm vendor that sells the campaign headgear, but I don't know if those even exist in 4.0 anymore. I don't recall seeing them on the fleet, at least. Maybe they're on Ilum or Makeb now?

Haven't had the chance to log in and check for myself yet today but hopefully someone has a clue...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Valkorion is truly a terrible father, yeah. The opening cinematic sold that very effectively, I liked it a lot.

I've started calling him the Immortal God-Emperor of Zakuul. I'll eat my hat if at least one writer at Bioware wasn't consciously cribbing from 40k.

In this analysis, Arcann is Lorgar, Thexann is Sanguinius, Vaylin is Magus, and we're Horus.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 24, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

Also pretty princess post time for me: I managed to snag "Batmann" for my powertech name, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the right mask.

I'm looking for this headgear: http://tor-fashion.com/hazmat-force-lordforce-healer-mk-123-imp/

Which is apparently obsolete raid gear. Any idea where I could pick it up without praying for RNGesus to place it inside an alliance crate? My only thought based on the TOR fashion descriptions is that maaaaybe there will be a level 50 comm vendor that sells the campaign headgear, but I don't know if those even exist in 4.0 anymore. I don't recall seeing them on the fleet, at least. Maybe they're on Ilum or Makeb now?

Haven't had the chance to log in and check for myself yet today but hopefully someone has a clue...

I think that you should be able to get that one from the new KOTFE boxes you get for heroics. I've got that chestguard from one of those, so I assume that the mask is in there too.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Okay now I just need outfit tabs for my companions so I can load up different thematic looks depending what planet I'm on or where in the story I'm at.

This is very important Bioware.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I've started calling him the Immortal God-Emperor of Zakuul. I'll eat my hat if at least one writer at Bioware wasn't consciously cribbing from 40k.

In this analysis, Arcann is Lorgar, Thexann is Sanguinius, Vaylin is Magus, and we're Horus.

I'm not seeing that. For one thing the Knights don't seem good Space Marine analogues, if anything they are Adeptus Arbites if Senya is anything to go off. As well the fact that the Eternal Fleet is made up entirely of Droids and the Skytroopers and thus their main force are Droids do not do anything in this view. For me if anything I'm reminded of an old EU bookwhere they are hunting some kind of ghost fleet that is slaved together, I think it was the Daikatana or something like that? Beyond the obvious analogue to the Trade Federation with their useless battle droids. Seriously who thought going with useless loving battle droids AGAIN was a good idea? :argh:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The Katana Fleet, where they had an entire fleet that could be remotely controlled by one ship. Then someone picked up a disease which killed everyone on the one crewed ship, but not after they jumped to a random spot in the galaxy while delirious.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Eimi posted:

I'm not seeing that. For one thing the Knights don't seem good Space Marine analogues, if anything they are Adeptus Arbites if Senya is anything to go off. As well the fact that the Eternal Fleet is made up entirely of Droids and the Skytroopers and thus their main force are Droids do not do anything in this view. For me if anything I'm reminded of an old EU bookwhere they are hunting some kind of ghost fleet that is slaved together, I think it was the Daikatana or something like that? Beyond the obvious analogue to the Trade Federation with their useless battle droids. Seriously who thought going with useless loving battle droids AGAIN was a good idea? :argh:

I know, it was a joke about Valkorion being seemingly all-knowing and all-powerful yet such a lovely father. :v:

As for Valk's actual armies and whatnot... I suspect he has a Star Forge. If you complete the bonus objectives in the Foundry, it's noted that the Empire knows of the existence of three: the original Star Forge from KOTOR, the Foundry, then an unnamed third. Koth notes the Eternal Fleet came out of nowhere without warning, and that and the skytroopers sound like a Star Forge in production mode to me. The Emperor's battlestation was noted to involve Rakata and Gree tech, so there's precedent for Valk having Rakata technology. It would also make the sun generators Zakuul uses make sense, considering how the KOTOR Star Forge was powered.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
wrong topic

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cheesetriangles posted:

I hate this. I wanted to do crafting for the 216 and 220 gear to sell and got some 216 schematics unlocked but they take that conquest mat. Since that thing is selling for over a million each I thought I would try to earn some. Only real way to do that it seems is PVP which is dumb as gently caress.

Nar Shadaa heroics and NPC kills also count, and there's a big chunk of conquest for crafting War Supplies and an Invasion Force. Another big one is NPC kills on Tatooine.

I only had to do 4 PvP matches (granted they were all wins though, which come with a 1000 point bonus.) You could avoid most of those if you do the Tatooine kills.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Eimi posted:

But it worked so well for the hutt cartel. See how they rose!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How are assassins in this patch? Both PvP and PvE. I got mine to 45 last night and seems to be doing well. But if they aren't great at the end game I might look to use my boost on a different class when I get it on Tuesday.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

As for Valk's actual armies and whatnot... I suspect he has a Star Forge. If you complete the bonus objectives in the Foundry, it's noted that the Empire knows of the existence of three: the original Star Forge from KOTOR, the Foundry, then an unnamed third. Koth notes the Eternal Fleet came out of nowhere without warning, and that and the skytroopers sound like a Star Forge in production mode to me. The Emperor's battlestation was noted to involve Rakata and Gree tech, so there's precedent for Valk having Rakata technology. It would also make the sun generators Zakuul uses make sense, considering how the KOTOR Star Forge was powered.

Going to be real disappointing if it's a Star Forge...Star Forges and Revan need to both be put out to pasture.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Going to be real disappointing if it's a Star Forge...Star Forges and Revan need to both be put out to pasture.

My current fanwank theory is... The exact opposite, that what happened to Revan - being split into light and dark halves - is the truth of what's going on with Empy. Vitiate is his DS half, Valkorion is his LS half.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Cythereal posted:

My current fanwank theory is... The exact opposite, that what happened to Revan - being split into light and dark halves - is the truth of what's going on with Empy. Vitiate is his DS half, Valkorion is his LS half.

Thati s what I am expecting them to go with. And I really hope they don't. Because it would be awful and monumentally stupid. Hell I was hoping Valkorian as the Sith emperor was going to be a big fake reveal, but nooooooooooope.:sigh:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

It would just be real disappointing to take the story in an EXCITING NEW DIRECTION!!! only to wind up with the same ol' KoToR McGuffins.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Berke Negri posted:

Okay now I just need outfit tabs for my companions so I can load up different thematic looks depending what planet I'm on or where in the story I'm at.

This is very important Bioware.

gently caress you, now I need to do this for my Sniper. Desert camo, winter gear, jungle assault...goddamn you to hell.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

It would just be real disappointing to take the story in an EXCITING NEW DIRECTION!!! only to wind up with the same ol' KoToR McGuffins.

I'm only prepared to extend Bioware so much good faith. I find their games usually succeed on the strength of the characters, not the actual plots and stories. The Sith Inquisitor is a good example of this in my opinion: a nonsensical, poorly written story that relies far too heavily on deus ex machina and characters conveniently being retarded when the plot needs them to be, yet has such entertaining characters that the experience is enjoyable nevertheless.

I am not yet persuaded that KotFE has both the good plot writing and good characters that make an enjoyable story something downright great.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

OK, I confirmed that you can send common data crystals between alts by buying ship models in the alliance base, popping them in the legacy bank and refunding them on another character... but only characters who have finished KOTFE have access to the alliance base, since it's in a quest instance. So you can send them TO low-level alts but not FROM them. Offloading stashes from lovely alts I don't play much to good alts I do play was always one of the primary reasons to bother transferring comms, so this is pretty frustrating. Has anyone found another way?

At least low-level alts can fly their ship to Odessen and blow their data crystals on companion gifts and whatnot at that vendor in the cantina, and mail them around.

In other news, I started a new alt for shits n' giggles, just to casually check out the new leveling experience. It's pretty hilarious riding my huge KOTOR swoop around the newbie planet and having overpowered Nico Okarr shooting the hell out my enemies while I'm level 5. I sent that guy 3 stacks of rank 1 underworld goods and got Nico up to influence rank 15, so he's no joke!

Edit: Oh, something I forgot to mention... Any character level 61 and up who runs an old heroic will get a legacy-bound smuggled goods thing among their rewards, so you can grind those things for your main character while you dick around on alts.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 24, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Nerd Of Prey posted:

OK, I confirmed that you can send common data crystals between alts by buying ship models in the alliance base, popping them in the legacy bank and refunding them on another character... but only characters who have finished KOTFE have access to the alliance base, since it's in a quest instance. So you can send them TO low-level alts but not FROM them. Offloading stashes from lovely alts I don't play much to good alts I do play was always one of the primary reasons to bother transferring comms, so this is pretty frustrating. Has anyone found another way?

At least low-level alts can fly their ship to Odessen and blow their data crystals on companion gifts and whatnot at that vendor in the cantina, and mail them around.

In other news, I started a new alt for shits n' giggles, just to casually check out the new leveling experience. It's pretty hilarious riding my huge KOTOR swoop around the newbie planet and having overpowered Nico Okarr shooting the hell out my enemies while I'm level 5. I sent that guy 3 stacks of rank 1 underworld goods and got Nico up to influence rank 15, so he's no joke!

I haven't tried it, but what about the alliance crates? They're 50 common crystals and available in the cantina. I bought a bunch with toons I haven't started KOTFE on to bump up influence to get star fortresses finished so I know they can get there, I would assume they have a refund timer like droid parts.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wait, what does companion influence actually do? Does it make them stronger?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zotix posted:

That's the only thing it does now, yeah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Zotix posted:

Makes them stronger, lowers crafting time, and increases crafting crit chance.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

When my little newbie character had ~900 health Nico Okarr had ~2000. In healer mode. With zero points of influence! So stacking more power on top of that basically turns them into gods.

I got my main companion on my main character (the cool new Nautolan sith from Nar Shaddaa) up to influence rank 25, and I swear she is no longer capable of taking damage.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Medullah posted:

I haven't tried it, but what about the alliance crates? They're 50 common crystals and available in the cantina. I bought a bunch with toons I haven't started KOTFE on to bump up influence to get star fortresses finished so I know they can get there, I would assume they have a refund timer like droid parts.

Word of warning on this. I bought two alliance crates from the dude, and then had second thoughts since doing heroics really aren't that bad. It would not let me return them for any refund at all even after only buying them seconds earlier. Not sure if that's intended or a bug.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Yeah, the trick with transferring comms has always been to find that incredibly rare combination of a thing giving you a refund timer but not binding on pickup. Typically it's only stuff that binds to that character on pickup that has a refund timer. If it's legacy-bound or not bound at all, they probably figure you'll find a use for it.

Those alliance crates are always a pretty awesome thing to have more of, even if they don't let you shuffle data crystals between characters. I have a low-level alt sitting on 600 data crystals, so I'm about to stock up.

Fojar38
Sep 2, 2011

Sorry I meant to say I hope that the police use maximum force and kill or maim a bunch of innocent people, thus paving a way for a proletarian uprising and socialist utopia

also here's a stupid take
---------------------------->
I'm pretty sure that what's going on is Valkorian is just as evil as Vitiate and he's using you to form a massive Alliance so that he can ultimately mind control you and take over, taking Zakuul, the Republic, the Empire, the Underworld, and eliminating the PC all in one fell swoop.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

I'm only prepared to extend Bioware so much good faith. I find their games usually succeed on the strength of the characters, not the actual plots and stories. The Sith Inquisitor is a good example of this in my opinion: a nonsensical, poorly written story that relies far too heavily on deus ex machina and characters conveniently being retarded when the plot needs them to be, yet has such entertaining characters that the experience is enjoyable nevertheless.

I am not yet persuaded that KotFE has both the good plot writing and good characters that make an enjoyable story something downright great.

They're fairly hamstrung by the position the plot was in when they got to take over in entirety (who knows how much they are to blame with getting it into that state when working as part of the initial effort though). It's hard to take a story somewhere when your character has already been told it's the most super awesome, special snowflake, saviour of the galaxy since L10 or so. I'd be happy if they press the reset button at some point and start again with a more sane story with characters taking a rather more mundane role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
There I no way to finish this story line without some deus ex machina interference. Otherwise how would you continue to play your character?

Or some sort of tabula rasa mind wipe.

I'm pretty sure this is vague enough to not need spoiler tags.

• Locked thread