Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Epic High Five posted:

Cleared of all suspicion by the IRS and Committee To Find Hillary Guilty #8 couldn't find anything in 11 hours

Oh yeah, she's guilty

"She has to be guilty. It has taken 8 straight hearings and they still haven't gotten the truth out of her. God knows if she wasnt a liberal the median would of already convicted her by now." -Something I heard yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

OxySnake posted:

"She has to be guilty. It has taken 8 straight hearings and they still haven't gotten the truth out of her. God knows if she wasnt a liberal the median would of already convicted her by now." -Something I heard yesterday.

Yes, why just look at all the Republicans who were convicted for lying us into the Iraq War and insituting a secret torture program, such as

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Seventh Day Adventists. Boy, I don't know.

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one to think this.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Cleared of all suspicion by the IRS and Committee To Find Hillary Guilty #8 couldn't find anything in 11 hours

Oh yeah, she's guilty

The IRS wasn't investigating Hillary. They were being investigated by the DoJ and another grandstanding Congressional committee. Like Benghazi, the committee is more intent on embarrassing Obama and the IRS, while also poisoning the well on any actual investigation of 501c orgs, but the DoJ cleared the IRS of any criminal intent. Just was ordinary incompetence.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

He probably is. There's enough money at stake in the assumption that the US will never default that there'd be a collective agreement to just ignore it if it ever happened.

Like when the credit rating was downgraded and everyone just rolled their eyes.

Well things are so automated now that "ignore it" might not be practical. But it also is entirely possible that many of the financial software systems in use just straight up can't account for a US treasury bond default. Hell during the housing bubble a bunch of them were unable to deal with declining house prices and that's an event orders of magnitude more likely than the US government defaulting.

So maybe they would just coast along happily as though nothing happened, or maybe they would completely freeze all of the affected institution's purchasing and lending while attempting to firesale their liquid assets to meet reserve ratios. We just don't know.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sullat posted:

The IRS wasn't investigating Hillary. They were being investigated by the DoJ and another grandstanding Congressional committee. Like Benghazi, the committee is more intent on embarrassing Obama and the IRS, while also poisoning the well on any actual investigation of 501c orgs, but the DoJ cleared the IRS of any criminal intent. Just was ordinary incompetence.

Whoops, yep I meant DoJ thanks for the correction. That's what I get for firing from the hip

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Wait, Carson is a 7th day adventist? How is this only coming up now?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Halman posted:

It's been out there, most people just think "Christian" and "good". But it's right there on his Wikipedia page, for example.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Seventh Day Adventists. Boy, I don't know.

If Carson had any sense he'd respond with Bartlett's line.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Here we gooooo :unsmigghh:

Speaking of which, the Catholic Church just ended it's three-week Synod on the family with a minor recommendation that divorced Catholics should be permitted to participate more in the Church. This conclusion falls short of completely accepting divorced couples and tolerating gay marriage, which Francis was hoping for.

Ultimately, though, the conclusion is probably a victory for the Pope given how, within the last few weeks:

- The Vatican and its clergy had to fight out a PR battle over Kim Davis;

- The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith fired a prominent aide on the eve of the Synod over his homosexuality;

- A group of conservative bishops, led by Cardinal Dolan of New York, accused the Pope of manipulating the Church and its functions to meet his interests;

- Bishops accused the Vatican of acting as "agents of the devil" from the Synod floor, which itself was described as having the scent of "infernal smoke;"

- An anonymous Cardinal wrote to the Italian press to tell Francis that he should "watch himself;"

- A rumor spread that Francis had a brain tumor and might not be completely sane.

On the bright side, no one has been poisoned or stabbed yet, so it isn't the most chaotic meeting the Church has ever had.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I doubt most people really know much about it. To be honest, I don't know enough about 7th Day Adventists to tell someone about it.

This is one of those things where you can't really attack the person publicly because its going to look really bad so you have to hope that everyone just looks it up on their own and takes the time to actually read up. Which ain't gonna happen.

Of course Trump has no manners or limits so he might just do it anyway.

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Halman posted:

Because "attack another Christian over his odd branch of Christianity" is a risky move, exactly the sort of poo poo nobody but Trump would try unless desperate.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Protestant sect infighting can be a powerful force if harnessed, and pretty much Trump has the floor entirely to himself because I cannot imagine Carson actually deviating from the whole, "I'm a blank slate in an empty suit" thing to fight back beyond changing to subject to one he's comfortable with

That said, it's a lot like feudin' hillbillies in that they're just as likely join together to jump you for getting involved

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If Carson had any sense he'd respond with Bartlett's line.

"In the future...if you're wondering...
*five minute pause*
'Seventh Day Adventists. Boy, I don't know,' is when,
*seven minute pause with eyes closed, faint snoring audible*
When I decided to,
*long yawn*
kick you rear end."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Jackson Taus posted:

Because "attack another Christian over his odd branch of Christianity" is a risky move, exactly the sort of poo poo nobody but Trump would try unless desperate.

Didn't they attack JFK though for being Catholic?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Gravel Gravy posted:

it was mostly couched in terms of "would he be loyal to the constitution or the pope?" honestly idk if an equivalent problem exists for 7DAs

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

People were laughing at Mitt Romney being Mormon in 2012.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

That was in 1960, before "political Christianity" (for want of a better term) came into being and got intertwined into right-wing politics. The word "Christianity" is important because instead of various sects, you now just have this big blob of "Christianity" and "Christian values."

Sectarianism used to be a really big deal, but nowadays you have Rick Santorum, a Catholic, and Mike Huckabee, a Southern Baptist, staking the same arguments and angling for the same voter base.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

QuoProQuid posted:

Speaking of which, the Catholic Church just ended it's three-week Synod on the family with a minor recommendation that divorced Catholics should be permitted to participate more in the Church. This conclusion falls short of completely accepting divorced couples and tolerating gay marriage, which Francis was hoping for.

Ultimately, though, the conclusion is probably a victory for the Pope given how, within the last few weeks:

- The Vatican and its clergy had to fight out a PR battle over Kim Davis;

- The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith fired a prominent aide on the eve of the Synod over his homosexuality;

- A group of conservative bishops, led by Cardinal Dolan of New York, accused the Pope of manipulating the Church and its functions to meet his interests;

- Bishops accused the Vatican of acting as "agents of the devil" from the Synod floor, which itself was described as having the scent of "infernal smoke;"

- An anonymous Cardinal wrote to the Italian press to tell Francis that he should "watch himself;"

- A rumor spread that Francis had a brain tumor and might not be completely sane.

On the bright side, no one has been poisoned or stabbed yet, so it isn't the most chaotic meeting the Church has ever had.
I like to think this means a bunch of old white cardinals are going to try to assassinate the pope

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I cannot believe that JEB quote is real.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Trabisnikof posted:

Holy poo poo. The War on Drugs might actually be working!

They'll just keep finding some other cocktail of chemicals to kill people with an increasingly painful fashion. But as long as it looks clean, its just fine.

Its really depressing to me the lengths people will go to get prisoners murdered now.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

achillesforever6 posted:

I like to think this means a bunch of old white cardinals are going to try to assassinate the pope

It's happened before within the past century (allegedly).

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

achillesforever6 posted:

This is probably actually the case.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Never have I seen a neck so.... neck-y.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Uh. Who's that to the left?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

QuoProQuid posted:

People were laughing at Mitt Romney being Mormon in 2012.

That's because Mormonism is hilarious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Doctor Butts posted:

A campaign volunteer named Noah.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Doctor Butts posted:

this guy's son:

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

That dude needs to gain 50 more pounds so his body can catch up with his head.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gravel Gravy posted:

Yeah in 1960.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Joementum posted:

Not true! [Paul Ryan] drove the Weinermobile for a bit.

Wouldn't being Carlos Danger's chauffeur be a conflict of interest for this job?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

And who's the to right? Yowza.

Is that Katy Perry?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mr Interweb posted:

And who's the to right? Yowza.

Is that Katy Perry?

Katy Perry is cool she once helped a homeless junkie by marrying him.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Young Freud posted:

Cindy Sheehan has been the driving force for her own activism, building Camp Casey and later running for elected office. The difference her is Vilerat's mom just goes on :foxnews: while Sheehan actually does stuff.

Sheehan is buds with the author of the Ron Paul "fleet-footed" newsletter, Lew Rockwell, hth

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Sheehan is buds with the author of the Ron Paul "fleet-footed" newsletter, Lew Rockwell, hth

Sheehan was unstable and the way that the left used her as a cludgel against W were embarrassing and wrong.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

No cargo shorts or wolf t-shirt? Somebody was out of uniform.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Paul MaudDib posted:

No cargo shorts or wolf t-shirt? Somebody was out of uniform.

I mean, if we're going for sartorial critique, we should probably start with the American flag cape and turban combo.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh my god

AP posted:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump mocked former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush in his own state on Saturday, saying recent campaign cuts show he's not ready to be president.

"Here's a guy who wants to run our country, and he can't even run his own campaign. And you know what? He's cutting back big," Trump told a raucous crowd of thousands gathered along the riverfront of one of Florida's most conservative cities.

The comment came the day after the Bush campaign said it was cutting payroll by 40 percent by trimming staff and requiring an across the board pay cut for those remaining.

Trump said Bush, the son and brother for former presidents, is "losing badly and embarrassing his family."

"Bush has no money. He's cutting. He's meeting today with mommy and daddy and they're working on their campaign,"
Trump said.

He chastised Bush for paying his finance director more than $1 million and said that if campaign staffers were willing to work for lower pay, he should have made that deal when the campaign started.

"You don't wait till you're failing," he said.

By contrast, Trump said he's only spent about $2 million on his campaign and he's leading in polls.

"So, I've put up less money than anybody else and I'm No. 1," he said. "Wouldn't it be better if we had a country that would spend the least and be No. 1? Think about it."

The Bush campaign responded by saying people are getting tired of Trump.

is trump throwing the gloves off finally? he's throwing haymaker after haymaker today

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Abel Wingnut posted:

oh my god

is trump throwing the gloves off finally? he's throwing haymaker after haymaker today

He basically was letting his pal hillary knock the benghazi poo poo out of the park and soak up some news while he planned just how he was gonna slam dunk Bush.

• Locked thread