Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Drop the Vikings for the Jets with a quickness. Their schedule should be way better for them. Also they're just better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

gingerberger posted:

Anyone have any idea how involved LaFell will be this week? Is he startable or do I have to wait and see, even if my other options are mediocre?

I wouldn't start him this week unless I absolutely had to. Don't know how much run he'll get and the Jets are not a great first matchup. Who are your alternatives?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

RBX posted:

Drop the Vikings for the Jets with a quickness. Their schedule should be way better for them. Also they're just better.

I'm gonna do that and just hope I somehow squeak through this week without them getting negative points @ NE.

e: My indecision makes me Strong (and now I get to change my name to Borty & The Jets). :colbert:

365 Nog Hogger fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 24, 2015

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Gobias Ind. posted:

I wouldn't start him this week unless I absolutely had to. Don't know how much run he'll get and the Jets are not a great first matchup. Who are your alternatives?

Cooks, Rishard Matthews, Maclin

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
^ Maclin over LaFell this week imo.

Because I am a good (questionable) person, I sent a reminder to everyone in my league (including the person I'm against :bahgawd:) who is currently starting a player that isn't playing, or has an empty slot. I should probably have done this from week one, but this is the first week after replacing two non-participating managers, and this poo poo is getting to me. How do other commishes deal with slackers?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm playing a dude with dudes on bye and IR. Their loss. Good week for me to take off because Broncos D is on bye and like he'll I'm dropping them or replacing anybody.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

365 Nog Hogger posted:

How do other commishes deal with slackers?

Money league? Let them lose their buy-in as much as they want.

Free league? Warn them and then replace them in the offseason if it continues.

Is it time for speculative Victor Cruz adds yet?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Money league? Let them lose their buy-in as much as they want.

Free league? Warn them and then replace them in the offseason if it continues.

Eh, even if you're playing for money, it's still really annoying to have managers that have stopped paying attention. It ruins the overall appeal of the league to only have half of the managers putting in effort. It gives teams easy wins and cuts down on potential trades. It's just bad. I've never been a commish, so I don't know how to fix it other than replacing slacker managers with people who give more of a poo poo next season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Is it time for speculative Victor Cruz adds yet?

Nah, there's likely a better lotto ticket FA in your league. He's been out for a looong time.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
If lafell plays at all this week I could see him opening up space for gronkowski more than being fantasy relevant himself.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

DeepDickPizza posted:

Eh, even if you're playing for money, it's still really annoying to have managers that have stopped paying attention. It ruins the overall appeal of the league to only have half of the managers putting in effort. It gives teams easy wins and cuts down on potential trades. It's just bad. I've never been a commish, so I don't know how to fix it other than replacing slacker managers with people who give more of a poo poo next season.

Make part of the buy-in a tax for not setting lineup. Say 20$ league, 5$ each time you leave a buy or IR player in. You could let D/K slide or allow it if they email the commish saying its deliberate.

In my experience there's no way to stop people from checking out, only to get value from it.

E:
Or if the league will rerun next year it could be lost picks

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My team of Bradford/Julio/Cobb/LeVeon/Foster/Gronk got beat by a team that played Vick and an injured DeSean Jackson last week.

Don't remind them to change their lineups.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Anyone can have real life happen and forget to set a lineup one week. It's forgivable. Someone who has hosed off for 2 or more weeks should be replaced immediately, regardless of money or not money.

The problem is, presumably they tried hard earlier in the season, maybe even won a game or two. It's not fair to people who lost to them earlier, for everyone else they play to get a free win. It'd be particularly bitter to lose to them early in the season and then miss the playoffs by one win.

In my main league we had to replace someone a couple years ago and it looks like we're about to do so again. We generally have no trouble finding a replacement (free league). Last year I subbed in for a paid league. They offered me a deal, I could sub in at low cost in return for not being allowed to win all of the jackpot, or, sub in at full cost and be allowed to win it all. That seemed like a reasonable offer given the team wasn't great and its record wasn't great.

What you really do not want is a situation where a league manager feels obligated to set someone's lineup, or (even worse) drop/add players, in order to "force" them to not start players on bye or IR. Because then you are bound to get a case where some loser player you subbed in goes crazy for 30 points and they beat someone they would have lost to.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

One of my leagues pays $3 per win and charges $3 per loss to keep teams competitive to the end. There's also a $10 fine for setting a lineup with a player on bye. But if an owner has really checked out they should just get replaced because you'll never collect that extra money from them anyway.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

I am commissioner of my work league. My boss (putting me in an awkward situation) is hounding me claiming that "the ESPN app messed up" and didn't take his lineup adjustment, which means his kicker (someone from Sea/SF) sat on his bench during the Thursday night game. He coincidentally has a lot of players that played in the 49ers / Seahawks game and are now locked, and he would have to drop a player in order to pick up a kicker to play (worst case scenario he drops Jordan Cameron).

He was initially requesting that I retroactively put his kicker in and I refused. Now he is asking for me to allow him to drop a player who already played Thursday so he wouldn't have to drop a player he wants to keep.

I told him that I realize it sucks, but that it sets a bad precedent for me to allow him to adjust his lineup after the fact. I know it's not that big of a deal and it makes sense, but I'm afraid of opening the door to fix player mistakes / "app fuckups." He is really lobbying hard for it and I am adamantly refusing. Am I being a dick or a good commissioner?

mega dy fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Oct 25, 2015

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

dy. posted:

I am commissioner of my work league. My boss (putting me in an awkward situation) is hounding me claiming that "the ESPN app messed up" and didn't take his lineup adjustment, which means his kicker (someone from Sea/SF) sat on his bench during the Thursday night game. He coincidentally has a lot of players that played in the 49ers / Seahawks game and are now locked, and he would have to drop a player in order to pick up a kicker to play (worst case scenario he drops Jordan Cameron).

He was initially requesting that I retroactively put his kicker in and I refused. Now he is asking for me to allow him to drop a player who already played Thursday so he wouldn't have to drop a player he wants to keep.

I told him that I realize it sucks, but that it sets a bad precedent for me to allow him to adjust his lineup after the fact. I know it's not that big of a deal and it makes sense, but I'm afraid of opening the door to fix player mistakes / "app fuckups." He is really lobbying hard for it and I am adamantly refusing. Am I being a dick or a good commissioner?

I think final is final, if he called you right before game time and said he needed you to change for him, that'd be another story.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
You're right.

Enjoy unemployment.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think you're definitely right to not allow it, but if it were me I'd just quietly do it and hope nobody gives me poo poo for it just because he's the boss.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think you're definitely right to not allow it, but if it were me I'd just quietly do it and hope nobody gives me poo poo for it just because he's the boss.

If you're going to do it, you should tell everyone so it's above board. They might even silently understand that you basically have to do it because he's your boss.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Murphy Brownback posted:

Put it to a league vote. :greenangel:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dy. posted:

You're a good commissioner but stupid as hell at life. It's a loving fantasy football league, rub your boss's back and ask for a 7% raise next year instead of 5% you dummy.

gently caress my boss loves me because I tell him all his pickups are clever (which they are, loving too many people listen to podcasts now).

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

dy. posted:

You're right. As a rule, I only allow player swaps if the owner informs me before the player gains any score (so generally within 1-2 minutes of game time).

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Allow him to do the second option where he has to drop someone that played on Thursday. At least that still fucks him over that he had to drop someone presumably useful to get a second kicker.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Put it to a league vote. :greenangel:

And make all the votes public, but as commish you cannot participate, be sure to post results here for us to see!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Melvin Gordon likely sitting per Rap

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Zypher posted:

Melvin Gordon likely sitting per Rap

Well, I guess that forces me on the C-Mike train.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Dion Lewis doesn't expect to play. gently caress.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Yeah, I just had to scour the barren wasteland that is my league's wire for a fill in this week. :iit:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

:woop: Against him in both money leagues this week.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I'm playing Hurns over Robinson today due to overthinking things. Pray for me.

Also went all in on Blount earlier this week in daily fantasy, so at least I made one decent move.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
ESPN seems to think nothing has happened in the first ten minutes of play. What's going on?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

ESPN seems to think nothing has happened in the first ten minutes of play. What's going on?

pretty much this

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Whoaaaa what a crazy turn of events Joseph Randle not Christine Michael is getting the start

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Mort just said this is the healthiest Julio has been all year :getin:

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Jacksonville better cut this poo poo out. I can't score points if Bort/Robinson never get in the field!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Schefter says that CMike is still the third back, to the surprise of nobody outside the fantasy football echo chamber

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Apparently Matt Jones is in for a heavy workload today if you need a flex he's probably a nice plug and pray option

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Whoever told me to play the jags defense:

Thank you

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Apparently Matt Jones is in for a heavy workload today if you need a flex he's probably a nice plug and pray option

I'd rather plug in literally anyone who doesn't play for Washington

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

Schefter says that CMike is still the third back, to the surprise of nobody outside the fantasy football echo chamber

If he can score more points than Lacy did last week, I'll take it.

:ohdear:

• Locked thread