Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

So, is there a summary of the various Wish Granter endings? I can't seem to figure out what 'World Peace' or 'Control Humanity' actually do.

World Peace: removes all NPCs and stops them from spawning

Control Humanity: makes all smart terrains spawn only Controllers

The Wishgranter has an evil sense of humour :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Morter posted:

I hate to ask but I don't want to use the "Beard Sells Everything" addon for Arsenal Overhaul 3, but...how soon can you get the VSS? Been hunting around for it for the better part of 6+ hours and I can't find it.

Lots of cool weapons, yes, but I want the VSS. :ohdear:

AS Val can be fitted with a scope in OWR3, dunno about AO3. Bigger mag, same overall damage and stats.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Das Butterbrot posted:

World Peace: removes all NPCs and stops them from spawning

Control Humanity: makes all smart terrains spawn only Controllers

The Wishgranter has an evil sense of humour :)

Please spoil the others for me, I don't think I'll get to the Wish Granter before AO3 releases :v: (I also want to note what the crash log says in the "Get rid of The Zone" wish)

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Azran posted:

Please spoil the others for me, I don't think I'll get to the Wish Granter before AO3 releases :v: (I also want to note what the crash log says in the "Get rid of The Zone" wish)

Riches: You get every item in the game put into your inventory, causing you to die of radiation poisoning because you can't move anymore

Get rid of The Zone: The game intentionally crashes, the log says "WISH GRANTED!"

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Das Butterbrot posted:

Riches: You get every item in the game put into your inventory, causing you to die of radiation poisoning because you can't move anymore

Get rid of The Zone: The game intentionally crashes, the log says "WISH GRANTED!"

That's hilarious

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Minarchist posted:

AS Val can be fitted with a scope in OWR3, dunno about AO3. Bigger mag, same overall damage and stats.

The Val is what I do my monolith hunting with.

"Be vary quiet, we're hunting religious fanatics..." :tfrxmas:

Quick note if you're using AO3, it takes away monolith's NATO stuff and gives them mostly AK varients instead.

Mind you, the 7.62 AKs can still kill you in the blink of an eye. :dogstare: And the modern AK variants like the AEK and AK-12 are probably the most ammo efficient guns in the game.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Das Butterbrot posted:

You can't drop anything, either. Enjoy weighing 500+ kilos, STALKER :btroll:

Azran posted:

Wish for Immortality: You respawn in the cordon rookie bunker with all your gear as an immortal zombie on god mode

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The riches was also recently changed so that nobody will ever trade anything with you

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Man I can't wait for AO3 for CoC. I'm loving the freedom and the massive performance improvements but I need some new guns, I'm pretty bored of getting the an94 in the first 30 minutes and realising there aren't any better weapons but that's just me. I'm a hoarder in the zone.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

I played SoC for around 20 hours years ago but never went back and beat it. I'm starting anew, is the OP still up to date as far as must-have mods? I'm mainly looking for visual and gameplay improvement mods, not necessarily replayability mods. That said, I'll look into whatever you guys suggest.

CloFan fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 24, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

ZRP, use ZRP.

On that note, what happened to Autumn Aurora 2? Moddb does not have it anymore.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Azran posted:

ZRP, use ZRP.

On that note, what happened to Autumn Aurora 2? Moddb does not have it anymore.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ah, thank you!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

How can I increase the durability of the SSP-99m suit in CoC? I forget which values to change in the outfit.ltx. Right now the suit seems to fall apart immediately and is super expensive to repair.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

FirstPersonShitter posted:

How can I increase the durability of the SSP-99m suit in CoC? I forget which values to change in the outfit.ltx. Right now the suit seems to fall apart immediately and is super expensive to repair.

Those issues are a decent balancing factor, without them the SSP-99M would be pretty much uncontested as the best overall suit in the game.

Anyone know where to find a SEVA in SoC OL3.1? All I can find is a video leading to the safe in the irradiated house in Wild Territory, same as vanilla SoC, but it's empty and there is no way I am grinding out the rubles to actually buy one.
vvvvv: Need to find the right body for the stash, I could have sworn it spawned at game start.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 24, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Vorenus posted:

Those issues are a decent balancing factor, without them the SSP-99M would be pretty much uncontested as the best overall suit in the game.

Anyone know where to find a SEVA in SoC OL3.1? All I can find is a video leading to the safe in the irradiated house in Wild Territory, same as vanilla SoC, but it's empty and there is no way I am grinding out the rubles to actually buy one.
vvvvv: Need to find the right body for the stash, I could have sworn it spawned at game start.

I dunno, it's been nerfed a lot in this, it was a lot more powerful in SoC where it was the best suit by far. I could pick up an exo for cheaper and have higher carrying capacity and better damage resist.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Can I get Beard to sell all suits in the same way he does with weapons in AO3?

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
gently caress dudes who "surrender" only to punch you in the mouth and start shooting again if you let them go. Is there any point to not just taking them out execution-style?

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I dunno, it's been nerfed a lot in this, it was a lot more powerful in SoC where it was the best suit by far. I could pick up an exo for cheaper and have higher carrying capacity and better damage resist.

Hmm I wonder what scripts were kept, maybe ytou can still get a free Skat-9 from Kirillov in Pripyat? I remember that being aery solid suit, a nice upgrade after running through the Underground with the CoP-style "remember when this was more valuable than a bandit jacket?" SEVA suit.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Does AO3 make exosuits and other closed suits a valid pick for the underground or do I still need a SEVA suit.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
Any way to make A-life debalance a bit less jerky? It causes stuttering from time to time, frequently in populated places.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So I'm downloading CoC now and I noticed a disclaimer on the front page for the mod claiming some sections are empty and it's a modder resource more than anything.

You folks all seem to think pretty highly of it, should I look to download other mods as well or is he just pandering to all of the really vocal shitheads that complain about free things people make and release?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Do I just have a lovely mouse or has anyone else experienced scopes acting really janky, like the game really resists keeping you in first-person aim

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The underground labs have no mutants and such in them.

Everywhere else is populated. He's mainly catering to those people.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

fennesz posted:

So I'm downloading CoC now and I noticed a disclaimer on the front page for the mod claiming some sections are empty and it's a modder resource more than anything.

You folks all seem to think pretty highly of it, should I look to download other mods as well or is he just pandering to all of the really vocal shitheads that complain about free things people make and release?

It is in fact a modder resource more than anything. Once the modding community has had a few months to port over various CoP mods and otherwise play with the new possibilities,it's going to be the best thing since SoC first came out. For now, it is barebones, and IMO most of the entertainment is to be found in just goofing around. If you're looking for an actual Faction Wars/SGM/big mod playthrough, CoC is not going to scratch your itch. If you're looking for a tantalizing hint of the wonderful things people are going to do with the doors CoC has opened, go for it.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Do I just have a lovely mouse or has anyone else experienced scopes acting really janky, like the game really resists keeping you in first-person aim

I have noticed this, thought it was just my RMB going bonkers.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I like the gunz mod, but I feel it places a little too much emphasis on modern flashy gunz, when the Zone would probably be full of ex-Pact AK varients and leftovers from WWII, instead of what feels like brand new, fresh off the factory floor M4s and SCARS. Your average stalker feels like a guy who was feed up of being screwed in their home country, so they grab grandpas ancient rifle and head off to make their fortune.

I JUST WANT TO KILL THINGS WITH A THIRTY OUGHT SPRINGFIELD. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? :qqsay:

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

it seems like from my cursory examination that some of the spawns in underground labs are just commented out in the smart terrian files or w/e.

But for real can anyone tell me how to up the durability on an outfit? I've totally forgotten.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Klaus88 posted:

I like the gunz mod, but I feel it places a little too much emphasis on modern flashy gunz, when the Zone would probably be full of ex-Pact AK varients and leftovers from WWII, instead of what feels like brand new, fresh off the factory floor M4s and SCARS. Your average stalker feels like a guy who was feed up of being screwed in their home country, so they grab grandpas ancient rifle and head off to make their fortune.

I JUST WANT TO KILL THINGS WITH A THIRTY OUGHT SPRINGFIELD. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? :qqsay:

How much helical do you think the X-Ray engine can do?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Klaus88 posted:

Your average stalker feels like a guy who was feed up of being screwed in their home country, so they grab grandpas ancient rifle and head off to make their fortune.

I'm already planning a SVT-40/TT-33 playthrough.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why not just put the default monsters in the underground labs? It won't hurt anything.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Vorenus posted:

It is in fact a modder resource more than anything. Once the modding community has had a few months to port over various CoP mods and otherwise play with the new possibilities,it's going to be the best thing since SoC first came out. For now, it is barebones, and IMO most of the entertainment is to be found in just goofing around. If you're looking for an actual Faction Wars/SGM/big mod playthrough, CoC is not going to scratch your itch. If you're looking for a tantalizing hint of the wonderful things people are going to do with the doors CoC has opened, go for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just looking to fight a ton of dudes, sell their guns and buy better guns to kill more dudes.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Owl went and got himself killed taking potshots at zombies from the roof of Skadvosk. Who can I go to now for pictures of Stalkers sodomizing mutants?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Vorenus posted:

Just downloaded OL3.1 and yeah this is just loving dumb. The 50% bulletproof on the Stalker suit has zero effect, enemies take way too much too kill, and a single AR burst will instagib you. Bloodsuckers that take 12+ point-blank, accurate rounds of buckshot to kill? You can gently caress off to the Misery team.

You have no idea.
I finally got to x-26 and wiped the mutants out, wandered all over where I could and I think you have to climb through this open hatch. Problem is the hatch is set at a point the ladder won't let you climb up through, you stop at the hatchway unable to go further

getting there is tedious as gently caress. It's a run around of like four maps. go to Dead City, go to generators past the NPP, go back to dead City, go to Pripyat...

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 25, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I completely forgot about Strider's requirements. I gave Morgan's PDA and the one from Duty's founder to Owl, am I poo poo out of luck?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Robot Randy posted:

Owl went and got himself killed taking potshots at zombies from the roof of Skadvosk. Who can I go to now for pictures of Stalkers sodomizing mutants?

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER guy near the duty base buys them, so does the repair guy for MONOLITH ALL HAIL MONOLITH WE BESEECH YOUR GUIDANCE IN THIS HOUR OF NEED OH MONOLIT-

Sorry.

Bandit base mechanic named Populik buys em too. Maybe Skinflint or the freedom mechanic? I always find them dead in a ditch somewhere so I can't tell you unless I roll a new freedom dude with their survival in mind. Oh yeah and the Clear sky guys for sure and maybe ecologists?

fennesz posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm just looking to fight a ton of dudes, sell their guns and buy better guns to kill more dudes.

Play a bandit, kill literally everyone you see. Or do the same with Monolith if you don't mind trekking back to the worst place on earth even when the people ARENT shooting at you. Getting your gear fixed since everyone else south of Pripyat is on a "shoot on sight" policy for Monolith folks is impossible without finding repair kits, and I don't know if Forester is tolerant of Monolith members...I should check him out today.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 25, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

In CoC are there different tiers of traders or do they generally have similar inventories? I hiked all the way to Yanov and was a little disappointed that Hawaiian had less in stock than Sid .

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

CoC currently has a depressing lack of Obrez Mosins and Skorpions. The other guns aren't bandit enough for a bandit run, I'm sorry. The sawnoff comes close.

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato
As far as I can tell using Google translation of http://www.ogse.ru, OGSE 0.6.9.3 Final is finally out, and finally works with Steam, but requires the Russian edition of SoC. I tried installing it anyway, and of course I get a crash to desktop. Anyone know a way around this?

Sparkyhodgo fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 26, 2015

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Goodness gracious, I wish someone would port STALKERSOUP to the Call of Chernobyl engine. So much crazy jazz while still being fun ... but goddamn that engine. COC just looks so much better, but STALKERSOUP has a ridiculous amount of content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sparkyhodgo posted:

As far as I can tell using Google translation of http://www.ogse.ru, OGSE 0.6.9.3 Final is finally out, and finally works with Steam, but requires the Russian edition of SoC. I tried installing it anyway, and of course I get a crash to desktop. Anyone know a way around this?

Outside of :filez: the best you can do is wait for them to make the English version, which from what I understand won't be out for a while as they're short translators.

I'm curious as to how people feel about weapons, as I see mods like Arsenal Overhaul which in previous versions anyway would add many guns with only slight differences, but people loved it.

My question is basically whether having something like say, an M4a1 and HK416 in the same mod is too much, or say an AK-47 and an AKM?

I asked my team this but only got one response. I'd like to hear what people think when it comes to stuff like that.