Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
drat Faker went the Classic 21 Utility Ryze today. I didn't know anyone did that on the current Ryze, and that's the first time I've seen it from him, I think in his past games he almost always went 21 Offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
What a noob.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Smol posted:

Hopefully Peke has the balls to retire. He openly says that he's too busy to practice properly and PowerOfEvil is a waste of talent in that collection of shitters he's stuck with.

oh man i didn't even think of that, they would be insane with PoE

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

drat Faker went the Classic 21 Utility Ryze today. I didn't know anyone did that on the current Ryze, and that's the first time I've seen it from him, I think in his past games he almost always went 21 Offense.

Faker is the Wilt Chamberlain of league. What he does is irrelevant because nobody else can do it.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm okay with OG PoE as long as he has someone constantly telling him not to play dumb poo poo.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
nah guys mid devourer kayle is op as poo poo trust me

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Why did OG pick Evelynn in Game 1 and why did Amazing stack only armor against Easyhoon Azir? Once they lost that one I skimmed the rest of the VODs cuz I knew series was donezo.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Libertine posted:

When will the sandbagging end, who will put a stop to these villains

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Faker is the Wilt Chamberlain of league.

So he fucks tons of women?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

silly posted:

Why did OG pick Evelynn in Game 1 and why did Amazing stack only armor against Easyhoon Azir? Once they lost that one I skimmed the rest of the VODs cuz I knew series was donezo.

The Eve in game 1 is because you can argue one of two players is the weakest on SKT: Wolf or Bengi. Targeting Wolf is sort of inconsequential and there's enough viable supports that you couldn't possibly do it, but with Gragas off the table especially, the jungle pool right now is very small. So the idea is you ban Elise and Reksai, then take the Eve early because SKT isn't going to FP it, and now you've taken the 2 strongest junglers left, and you took Eve, which one of Bengi's better champs and his likely fallback. So then Bengi has no meta early pressure junglers and has to come up with something else. It's not that bad of an idea, but it turns out that Bengi's still good on J4 and J4 is still good enough that trying to target him and make him uncomfortable isn't going to get you anywhere.

As to why he bought two armor items and tabi against an Azir comp, who the gently caress knows, it's pretty indefensible. This was not such a good series for Amazing, maybe we should just call it another fuckup.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Eve is invincible Azir can't kill her you idiots

wait i'm getting word from the back that she's invisible

okay she's still fine then

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Honestly Bengi should've played Nunu game 1 with Azir/Kalista, it didn't much matter because OG gave the 3 carries on SKT their comfort picks lol

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
argh Ryze is never going to die from competitive is he

At least the order of things seems to be getting restored now. A standard Korean foreigner stomp finals is looking pretty likely.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Redmark posted:

argh Ryze is never going to die from competitive is he

At least the order of things seems to be getting restored now. A standard Korean foreigner stomp finals is looking pretty likely.

I mean, Ryze is dead, the only team who even looks at him is SKT and it's never as a flex pick, only Faker. It's weird.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
FNC SKT is going to be a good finals imo

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

If tomorrow's FNC vs KOO matchup goes poorly, every series in the tourney will be a stomp :smith: which is especially disappointing considering how crazy the first week of groups was

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Murder She Twote posted:

If tomorrow's FNC vs KOO matchup goes poorly, every series in the tourney will be a stomp :smith: which is especially disappointing considering how crazy the first week of groups was

I think KOO vs. FNC is going to be really close. They're both about even power-wise, right now. I think it's going to be another SKT sweep in Finals, though; OG made them sweat a tiny bit in the first game of today before getting steamrolled by the relentless pressure.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Considering how game 1 vs Origen and game 3 vs AHQ went for SKT I do think that Fnatic or Koo might be able to take a game off SKT. But I don't think it's going to be more than one game.

The finals are going to be as one-sided as the last two finals have been (and Season 2 was fairly one-sided too to be honest, it just didn't feel that way because TPA were considered underdogs)

edit: Also please vote for QG

http://intelextrememasters.com/news/the-chinese-league-of-legends-team-voting-for-intel-extreme-masters-cologne-is-live/

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 25, 2015

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's honestly been kinda weird how there's always a single team that just loving obliterates the competition through and through in Worlds. Is this how it's like in other sports?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's a funny way of spelling "Snake" :colbert:

TheTromboner
Nov 12, 2008

Vermain posted:

It's honestly been kinda weird how there's always a single team that just loving obliterates the competition through and through in Worlds. Is this how it's like in other sports?

This is basically soccer in the world cups anyway.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Killed By Death posted:

That's a funny way of spelling "Snake" :colbert:

While Martin is fun to watch and U is underrated I cannot for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to see Snake, let alone instead of QG. Juggertree.

edit: Also TnT was the second best ADC in the LPL this split and it was his first in the LPL.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Snake Gaming is the most LPL team name possible and as such they should represent the LPL. Moving on.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think Fanatic can at least take one game from SKT, given today's first game. That is, if Huni doesn't get ahead of himself and do a bunch of silly poo poo and get caught out a lot. I do think FNC can take KOO in a best of 5 so I'm optimistic we'll see FNC vs SKT for the finals.

I'm sure OG surprised a lot of people and I can see them doing well next season especially if they replace their top and jungler. I don't see them being "Origen" anymore if xPeke leaves, though I agree with the earlier suggestions of PowerOfEvil being a good fit.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Snake is the best LPL team end of discussion. We just saw 3 non-Snake teams in Worlds and it was a huge disappointment. I would agree to best of series with QG for a playin, and QG would probably win, but Snake would still go thorough to the tournament on merit of awesome name.

pahuyuth posted:

I'm sure OG surprised a lot of people and I can see them doing well next season especially if they replace their top and jungler. I don't see them being "Origen" anymore if xPeke leaves, though I agree with the earlier suggestions of PowerOfEvil being a good fit.

Why would anyone presume Origen would replace anyone?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Don't crown Snake too fast, they have to compete with King, Royal Never Give Up, Unlimited Potential, and Oh My God.

There's also the other OMG team. Oh My Girls

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Honestly you might as well forget about competing with the Chinese womens team names. Oh My Girls, Master Girl, Love Laughing Girls, Invictus Gaming Deadly Fiend Girls, Shining Star Girls, Middle Two

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Origen lost? Boo boring.

Hopefully FNC stomp KOO and go into the final strong so we get a good series.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am now watching Faker, Bang, and Wolf play Mario Kart 8 on a game show.

Easyhoon was playing but vanished.

EDIT: Oh no wait he was sleeping for a few hours.

EDIT: Faker loving sucks at Mario Kart 8. Wolf can't hit skillshots either.

EDIT: The goal is to get a gold trophy. They're on their 8th hour or something. Host tried to convince them to settle for Bronze but Faker refuses to settle for 3rd place.

EDIT: Easyhoon had a clutch pay where he managed to Red Shell the AI in front of him right before crossing the finish line and got 1st place.

EDIT: They've been playing for 13 hours now.

EDIT: They finally beat Mario Kart 8. After 14 hours and 45 minutes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 25, 2015

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
They even sandbag mario kart, geez

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

IXIX posted:

I mean, Ryze is dead, the only team who even looks at him is SKT and it's never as a flex pick, only Faker. It's weird.

ya, faker is the only dude who runs ryze, and is consistently dominant with it. not sure why.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

it may have to do with his farming. on other champions he often plays aggressively throughout the game, but on ryze he seems content to just farm for the first fifteen minutes until he's ready to all-in his lane opponent. once he blows them up the first time, all bets are off.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

nomadologique posted:

it may have to do with his farming. on other champions he often plays aggressively throughout the game, but on ryze he seems content to just farm for the first fifteen minutes until he's ready to all-in his lane opponent. once he blows them up the first time, all bets are off.

I think it's really good against some of the popular melees as well if you don't get camped early

Seems like most people aren't able to keep faker down early so he has nothing to lose with it.

Also it's really broken still with cdr.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, that went about as well as expected for Origin. To be honest, I don't know if KT or KOO would have done much better.

They looked sloppier these games but OG has had a great tourney for their first season as a team. POE on their team would be interesting.

rabidsquid posted:

Honestly you might as well forget about competing with the Chinese womens team names. Oh My Girls, Master Girl, Love Laughing Girls, Invictus Gaming Deadly Fiend Girls, Shining Star Girls, Middle Two

Their promo outfits are pretty out there too.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

nomadologique posted:

rabidsquid posted:

Faker is the Wilt Chamberlain of league. What he does is irrelevant because nobody else can do it.

There's probably a reason that faker has been blowing up fools [including his so called kyrponite pawn] with ryze all worlds and there aren't midlaners who can replicate its success or really even deal with it.

Basically faker is called "the best" for a reason.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

another thing faker does on ryze, and he used to do this on ezreal: use his ult whenever it's up. i think this is part of his advantage as well, he doesn't worry about saving the ult for a given situation he just blows it on CD to clear a wave or all-in an opponent, whatever is available.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
I think something going under the radar is that Faker was brought out on Ryze after Peke was thoroughly crushed on Anivia, a champ that gives Ryze a lot of trouble. Undoubtedly Faker's been performing well and blowing up fools, but a good portion of the matchups he's played Ryze in are very favourable for him (Two games of TF and 1 Game Lulu), TF is dead in the water as soon as his W is on CD, and you can see in those games, Faker all-ins TF as soon as you see any card but gold locked and Ryze has 2+ Stacks. Lulu's polymorph has more range than Ryze, which is why it wasn't until a couple of items in we would see Faker go all in on her, during the laning phase Peke wasn't able to pressure Ryze because of Amazings lack of presence overall in the series, allowing Faker to farm safely if Peke utilized his push advantage on Ryze early game. The other thing I want to point out is that in Game 3 of Origen vs SKT, literally nobody on the enemy team other than Lulu and Alistar post 6 I guess, has any method of stopping a Ryze chain, Gnar has no CC that can hit Ryze at 600 range, Lee can't break out of the chain or kick Ryze away, and Sivirs spell shield generally gets popped by any one of Ryze's other abilities, regardless of which ability she stops, it doesn't impact Ryze's passive or ability to continue slinging spells so the chain continues.

So while he's still a god yes, I think there's a lot more to it then one may first see from a glance. It's not worthwhile analysis to just say, well faker is a god at everything so yeeeeeah.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Daemonlasher posted:

I think something going under the radar is that Faker was brought out on Ryze after Peke was thoroughly crushed on Anivia, a champ that gives Ryze a lot of trouble. Undoubtedly Faker's been performing well and blowing up fools, but a good portion of the matchups he's played Ryze in are very favourable for him (Two games of TF and 1 Game Lulu), TF is dead in the water as soon as his W is on CD, and you can see in those games, Faker all-ins TF as soon as you see any card but gold locked and Ryze has 2+ Stacks. Lulu's polymorph has more range than Ryze, which is why it wasn't until a couple of items in we would see Faker go all in on her, during the laning phase Peke wasn't able to pressure Ryze because of Amazings lack of presence overall in the series, allowing Faker to farm safely if Peke utilized his push advantage on Ryze early game. The other thing I want to point out is that in Game 3 of Origen vs SKT, literally nobody on the enemy team other than Lulu and Alistar post 6 I guess, has any method of stopping a Ryze chain, Gnar has no CC that can hit Ryze at 600 range, Lee can't break out of the chain or kick Ryze away, and Sivirs spell shield generally gets popped by any one of Ryze's other abilities, regardless of which ability she stops, it doesn't impact Ryze's passive or ability to continue slinging spells so the chain continues.

So while he's still a god yes, I think there's a lot more to it then one may first see from a glance. It's not worthwhile analysis to just say, well faker is a god at everything so yeeeeeah.

Also nobody has shown a counter so he has no reason to not just play and play it until someone does. That's just basic league strategy and you can preserve secret strats that way.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

he's been playing ryze the same way for longer than worlds. he was playing it toward the end of summer split, and doing the same thing. nobody else was playing it, and after months, nobody has an answer. it's a little odd. it's not like what he's doing is particularly complicated, but apparently no counterplay is really available when you pick the ryze into good comp situations and play it conservatively until it powers up. why nobody else is running it is confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

nomadologique posted:

he's been playing ryze the same way for longer than worlds. he was playing it toward the end of summer split, and doing the same thing. nobody else was playing it, and after months, nobody has an answer. it's a little odd. it's not like what he's doing is particularly complicated, but apparently no counterplay is really available when you pick the ryze into good comp situations and play it conservatively until it powers up. why nobody else is running it is confusing.

If I had to guess, they do badly with it in practice

• Locked thread