Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rat swarm isn't the most efficient way to kill a guy in this game but it might be the most fun.

There was this one guy, XcaliorZ, who did his own playthrough of Dishonored on youtube. He got into using Rat Swarm and would often cry out, "TRIAL BY RAT SWARM!" on a guy before casting it. In a few cases somebody might fight off all the rats and survive, and he'd go, "Huh. Well, I guess that means he passed Trial by Rat Swarm."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

I used to be a guard, then I took a bolt into the knee. Next thing I know, I'm on fire, screaming and ending up as a well-done meal for rats.

I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

jwalrus posted:

I recall the devs saying (and I've noticed myself) that guards will expand their patrol routes to encompass those of other guards who have gone missing. They have dialogue along the lines of "Hmm, someone's supposed to be over here." I'm pretty sure you're also right that they occasionally spawn in new guards as well, but I have no verification of that.

They definitely do both, even in the Caldwell mission. It led to a bit of a clusterfuck on my (currently only, clean hands) run.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They take over routes but I am not sure about backspawning. I have done a no clean hands never get seen run on very hard and don't recollect anything like that. Then again I guess I did not backtrack much.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
I know there's different versions of the missions coming, but I just wanted to mention that in addition to the various special ways to assassinate your primary targets (Campbell's poison for instance), all of them also have a unique death that plays if you swordfight them directly. I really hope you get to show those off as well, as they're pretty grizzly.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm so tempted to start a new playthrough of this game now. Apparently I only have 66 hours logged on Steam. Maybe try for the ghost achievement or the one where you don't spend a single rune.

Can you feel the new day rising,
Climbing up the east horizon?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I got the achievement where you don't buy anything except for the mandatory Blink. It was interesting and a bit challenging. Had to get a bit murder-y, though, you can't really do a proper Clean Hands without a lot of magic to back you up.

That said, there's still a lot of surprising vertical options if you know where to look.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Mostly Flesh and Steel is a fun one, surprisingly. I can't recall whether I went clean hands or not, but it reminded me a bit of the Bioshock challenge run I did once trying to limit plasmid use to the bare minimum. I think the game can be cleared with only two mandatory plasmid uses. Everything else can be handled with elemental shotgun ammo.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I got Ghost and Clean(er) Hands in one playthrough, but I'm really tempted to do a Mostly Flesh And Steel one now. Thanks a lot, thread.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Only had time to watch the intro video, but this looks like a lot of fun! I always like to see more videos from you guys.

Roboky, do you think you can do an entire video where you kill dudes with only rats as a challenge? I don't know how feasible this is.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Green Intern posted:

Only had time to watch the intro video, but this looks like a lot of fun! I always like to see more videos from you guys.

Roboky, do you think you can do an entire video where you kill dudes with only rats as a challenge? I don't know how feasible this is.

Unless I took the rat summoning powers it would be incredibly tedious! And even then it would probably still be pretty tedious. But don't worry, there will always be rat-shenanigans.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Problem with rat power is that it's really expensive mana wise. It's great for clearing out a few guards in an area, but you'll burn through a lot of potions doing it everywhere.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Anybody mod this game yet to give you a gun that shoots rats?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm just wondering if Coolguye and RoboKy will end up with matching avatars again. It seems so weird for them to not match.

We had Megatron and Starscream, then Avitus and the elf chick swapping heads/bodies, then Prime and Metroplex, and then... well... then Coolguye's past came back to haunt him again.

Maybe this time they can get different flavors of Corvo or something.

Or maybe one of them is hugs and the other is a pile of rats eating a body. That's also on fire.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The perfect option would be Emily's drawings of Corvo from different chaos levels.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Just stick the elf head on corvo.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
You're getting ahead of things. First we need to come up with a challenge they can't win.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

George posted:

You're getting ahead of things. First we need to come up with a challenge they can't win.
Kill everyone in a level only using spring razors?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

George posted:

They need to play a level with all the bad guys modded into elves.
...without killing anyone.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

George posted:

... Another round of DoW2?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

FoolyCharged posted:

You're one sick bastard.

They'd crack within minutes.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Calax posted:

... Another round of DoW2?

Taser.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Ideally the one from Syphon Filter.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Thanks to this lp I'm now doing yet another run of this game, and I made it out from the prison without being spotted for the first time. :toot:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
They can't detect you when they're dead!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

They can't detect you when they're dead!
If my hands are clean I don't need to wash them. The blood never comes off. No matter how much I scrub. Even steel wool doesn't help.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS_Z4zBDItw

also I am close to done editing the noise on the next episode (which is low chaos High Overseer Campbell - all of it) so even though I'm slow on updates don't worry about it

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

I take umbrage with the suggestion Coolguy and I are Drakengard characters.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Mostly Flesh and Steel came really naturally to me since the groove I set myself in basically was Blink and hands-on work. Even the basic Blink is a ridiculously powerful tool.

e: Shadow Kill and the Strong Arms charm were the counterweights that hauled me to mid-chaos, the last run I played. Even on the high chaos run, if you get Strong Arms, go nuts with it. It's quicker and quieter, and you can always hurl them from the parapets or similar.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I take umbrage with the suggestion Coolguy and I are Drakengard characters.

That's only a problem if you claim it's for justice, not because they're a bunch of annoying, self righteous, sanctimonious dicks

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Llab posted:

That's only a problem if you claim it's for justice, not because they're a bunch of annoying, self righteous, sanctimonious dicks

Caim would like to have a word with you.

He'd like to, but seeing as he can't he's just going to shove a half-dozen weapons into you as a rebuttle.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Clean Hands run: Kill the High Overseer: Youtube Polsy

NullBlack posted:

Explaining this to his doctor is going to be interesting.

Clearly, the Outsider chose well in giving Corvo his powers.

Shei-kun posted:

If we take this image and the Xed out Campbell image they go together really well.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 6, 2015

Image21
Feb 15, 2012
I don't think it raises chaos but yeah it makes a big deal the next time your at the distillery. But that is what one power is for. Breaking everything.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well, that episode was a lesson in "Wait, you can get up there?" I knew some of the rooftops were accessible, but like half the places you found in the backyard were completely new to me.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
"Wait, you can get up there?" was my favourite part of the game. I honestly spent more time doing that stuff than actually trying to get to my targets :v:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I never knew about the bolt/springrazor trick.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Coolguye posted:

Clean Hands run: Kill the High Overseer: Youtube Polsy

So that's why you love the dwarf so much in Vermintide, you just synch your appreciation for cold hard gold.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Stormgale posted:

So that's why you love the dwarf so much in Vermintide, you just synch your appreciation for cold hard gold.

Roboky's dawning reaction that if I'm there, there must be cash involved was almost as amusing to me as Grate Overseer.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Well the map is covered in gold.

I mean because everyone's clearly pissing everywhere what the gently caress is wrong with you people Dunwall is a big enough dump as it is without you leaking on everything like dogs marking your territory jesus h. outsider.

Coolguye posted:

Grate Overseer.

Little did past me realise at that time that The Overseer's Grate Time would be the lesser of weird loving poo poo this game was going to pull off on Coolguye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MajesticMonkey
Mar 31, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Little did past me realise at that time that The Overseer's Grate Time would be the lesser of weird loving poo poo this game was going to pull off on Coolguye.

My interest has been well and truly captured.

• Locked thread