Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

at the date posted:

I finally finished The Witcher 3's main story and wooooooow

I can't imagine a more perfect ending than the one I got, although it probably wasn't the "best." I love how neatly everything was tied up, even a few details from 60 hours or so beforehand that I had completely forgotten about.

witcher devs are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/10/24/microsoft-no-longer-cares-to-tell-us-how-many-xbox-ones-its-sold/

Microsoft just announced the results for the first quarter of the fiscal year, and one particular statistic was plainly missing, how many Xbox Ones were shipped or sold during the time period.

It’s been standard practice for Microsoft to give out those numbers every quarter, but this time around, we only got a note that hardware revenue is down year over year because of declining Xbox 360 sales, and that Xbox Live usership is up 28 percent to 39 million. That includes anyone who has logged in over the past month, and does not separate out Gold and Silver members.

When pressed further about why exactly the console stats are hidden, Microsoft revealed that going forward, consoles shipped will no longer be a “primary metric for success” from now on, with the company instead using high-margin Xbox Live usership as its primary stat.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
they called the third xbox

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
we dont post that kind of stuff in the gamnes thread folks.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I just watched one of the alternate endings on Youtube and I can't even imagine how the player made it happen. It makes me realize I completely misjudged some of the main characters and their motivations. For example, I guess I WASN'T doing Ciri a favor by not taking her to see the emperor?

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 25, 2015

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

we dont post that kind of stuff in the gamnes thread folks.
its video game related :confused:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

its video game related :confused:

its about the xbox having the wrong ram and we have a whole MS thread here in YOSPOS. im not interested in rule lawyering and have no desire nor mandate to follow some arbitrary ruleset put forth by autists. if you want to talk about the business acumen or lack thereof of microsoft please take it to the MS thread.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
well, poo poo. uhhh, in that case, cgs:

defending glorious poland from evil belarus

e:

e2: uh oh poo poo's gotten ramped up

e3: the aftermath

Space-Pope fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 25, 2015

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

e:

looks complicated

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

looks complicated
not really. now my abiens starting to kicj in right now so let me go ahead and try to do this

so i go in knowing what i ave to do: get air superiority with my fighters, so that the allied AI-controlled ground attack aircraft can destroy belarus' runways. i set up an area by just dragging out a box, and then i create a misison for that area.

for the mission, i assign fighters to it. so now i've given by fighters something to do (the mission - patrol and attack hostile aircraft) and where to do it (the red area i created)

the rest is more or less just syncing up with the AI ally's timetable, and watching the chaos unfold

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
can you use air-to-air tactical nuclear missiles on the enemy aircraft?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

not really. now my abiens starting to kicj in right now so let me go ahead and try to do this

so i go in knowing what i ave to do: get air superiority with my fighters, so that the allied AI-controlled ground attack aircraft can destroy belarus' runways. i set up an area by just dragging out a box, and then i create a misison for that area.

for the mission, i assign fighters to it. so now i've given by fighters something to do (the mission - patrol and attack hostile aircraft) and where to do it (the red area i created)

the rest is more or less just syncing up with the AI ally's timetable, and watching the chaos unfold

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

e:

e3: the aftermath

im gay

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

also: first yosraid in destiny is happening today in about two and half hours (1pm est). if u have slack access hop into the games channel to join the raid, only reqs are light > 290 and ps4. if u don't have access but wanna join us pm me ur psn and I'll send an invite once we're rolling

i might stream the thing too, who knows.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

also: first yosraid in destiny is happening today in about two and half hours (1pm est). if u have slack access hop into the games channel to join the raid, only reqs are light > 290 and ps4. if u don't have access but wanna join us pm me ur psn and I'll send an invite once we're rolling

i might stream the thing too, who knows.

lol mmo, lol console mmo, lol ps4, lol u

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maniacdevnull posted:

lol mmo, lol console mmo, lol ps4, lol u

ur just jealous of my sexy bod ;-*

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

ur just jealous of my sexy bod ;-*

im lomarfing at your life

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
made my nuke in mgsv

gonna move on to mad max

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

maniacdevnull posted:

im lomarfing at your life

you and me both, pal

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

the PS Quad is good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

I like that show

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
no man's sky (the spore clone) is rumored to be part of a conference on oct 27

they still haven't announced a release date so i don't have very high hopes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I bought rising tide 4 civ be. the diplomacy system is a million times better and they figured out how to have trade routes auto renew. the moving water cities is kind of annoying cause its a lot of micro management but w/e. its cool 2 use subs to kill everything

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

I bought rising tide 4 civ be. the diplomacy system is a million times better and they figured out how to have trade routes auto renew. the moving water cities is kind of annoying cause its a lot of micro management but w/e. its cool 2 use subs to kill everything

i heard the new diplomacy system was bad though :confused:

what do you like about it?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it gives you information about what the other factions are thinking and how they'll react to certain things kind of like civ4 and unlike civ5 where it was kind of a black hole and they'd randomly get mad at you for whatever reason. also the new agreement system is kind of cool but is super micromanagy in the beginning if you want to actually use it. i think the way they designed it is that if you have lots of active deals they end up supporting each other but if you only have 1 or 2 they wont be sustainable for long.

theres also some broken poo poo like on lush maps you can cap this marvel really fast and it gives all ur units leash ability so you can leash that worm that shows up real early and destroy everything.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

it gives you information about what the other factions are thinking and how they'll react to certain things kind of like civ4 and unlike civ5 where it was kind of a black hole and they'd randomly get mad at you for whatever reason. also the new agreement system is kind of cool but is super micromanagy in the beginning if you want to actually use it. i think the way they designed it is that if you have lots of active deals they end up supporting each other but if you only have 1 or 2 they wont be sustainable for long.

theres also some broken poo poo like on lush maps you can cap this marvel really fast and it gives all ur units leash ability so you can leash that worm that shows up real early and destroy everything.

i heard the worst bit about diplomacy was that you couldn't adjust the terms of the negotiation yourself, it's all done automatically. for example you might be brokering for peace and be demanding an enemy city but be unable to remove that city from the bargaining. did they fix that because that's really loving stupid that the player has no control other than Do A Diplomacy? (Y/N)

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
no man's sky is going to be one of the most boring awful games ever created. everyone will beat it in 2-3 hours and wonder where did things go wrong

not with the game mind you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

i heard the worst bit about diplomacy was that you couldn't adjust the terms of the negotiation yourself, it's all done automatically. for example you might be brokering for peace and be demanding an enemy city but be unable to remove that city from the bargaining. did they fix that because that's really loving stupid that the player has no control other than Do A Diplomacy? (Y/N)

not sure about that. there are lots of bugs tho so i wouldn't be surprised if that was unintentional or even just a UI bug where its just unclickable.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Rexicon1 posted:

no man's sky is going to be one of the most boring awful games ever created. everyone will beat it in 2-3 hours and wonder where did things go wrong

not with the game mind you.

nah it'll take way loving longer than 2-3 hours to beat. the problem is that you will have seen everything the game has to offer within half an hour so nobody except the most dedicated spergs will actually beat it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shaggar posted:

not sure about that. there are lots of bugs tho so i wouldn't be surprised if that was unintentional or even just a UI bug where its just unclickable.

it could also have been a patch between launch and now

idk, it's on my "for a sale" list rn

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I got rising tide as an early birthday present today so i'll probably try it sometime today

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah I want to be excited for nms but it's really hard to convince myself it won't peter out 10% of the way to the core and every planet is just different colored rocks and dinosaurs as far as the eye can see

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

yeah I want to be excited for nms but it's really hard to convince myself it won't peter out 10% of the way to the core and every planet is just different colored rocks and dinosaurs as far as the eye can see

"every planet is different!"

*strictly speaking true, but planets are indistinguishable to humans*

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
still don't get the sentinel robots that show up and attack you even though you're supposed to be exploring completely unknown planets.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Action Jacktion posted:

still don't get the sentinel robots that show up and attack you even though you're supposed to be exploring completely unknown planets.

probably ancient aliens

you know, just like in spore and literally every other sci fi game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Action Jacktion posted:

also literally lmao @ the mining that is "find glowing rock and shoot it with space gun"

wow, so detailed

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

computer parts posted:

I got rising tide as an early birthday present today so i'll probably try it sometime today

always be banzai charging

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Payday 2's director held an AMA recently.

quote:

We understand that there is a lot of fury, anger and disappointment with us adding this. From an economical standpoint however, completely based on statistics, we can already see that the Black Market update is working as we intended.

r o f l

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
modern_warfare_boycott.jpg

• Locked thread