Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

littleorv posted:

This was a good read thanks. It's too late at night for me to properly respond to this but I just thought I would show my appreciation for it before going to sleep.
Anytime.

I think there's an extra layer of enjoyment to be had in examining a thing and talking about it in depth. Since you've only just now finished the series, I'll look forward to anything you have to say about it in the morning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Knorth posted:

Like ten minutes, unless he was introduced earlier and I just missed it

Ok, just wondering since I couldn't remember.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Speaking of sports shounen, a thing that bothered me about Ippo in Rising was how he ended up like his opponents, which was focusing entirely around one gimmick/technique, and that was "always plan entirely around doing the dempsey roll, do not even consider winning the fight in any way besides using the dempsey roll no matter how bad of an idea it is" which made his fights significantly less interesting.

Does he ever stop doing that after where the anime leaves off?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
That's why I've always been confused by people who think it's snooty or pretentious to critique something.

IMO it means you get to enjoy the work even more. Watching it, reflecting on it, and then sharing what you thought with your friends is a lot meatier an experience than binging on it and hopping straight to the next thing

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sometimes I'll just crack open a random volume of Jojo because I feel like rereading one of the fights, which usually results in me rereading the rest of the part.

Steely Dan, D'Arby the Gambler, and Vanilla Ice and three of my more frequent "Starting" points.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I'm still waiting for the English release of Battle Tendency, which is still my favourite part.

I don't know if any of the volumes are out yet, but only Phantom Blood was out a few month months ago when I checked.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Tarranon posted:

That's why I've always been confused by people who think it's snooty or pretentious to critique something.
I'd imagine it's mostly due to a lot of people adopting snooty and pretentious airs when delivering critique. Overwrought, overbearing, overly-intellectual walls of text.

One of my missions since becoming mod has been to make effort posting respectable again by writing conversationally.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Reds posted:

I'm still waiting for the English release of Battle Tendency, which is still my favourite part.

I don't know if any of the volumes are out yet, but only Phantom Blood was out a few month months ago when I checked.
Parts 1 and 3 are fully released while the first volume of Part 2 comes out in November.

Now that Part 4's been confirmed for an anime adaptation, I'd say that's probably in the cards at some point as well.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Parts 1 and 3 are fully released while the first volume of Part 2 comes out in November.

Now that Part 4's been confirmed for an anime adaptation, I'd say that's probably in the cards at some point as well.

Neat. Let's see, November third. Excellent.

I'll say one thing about Yowamushi Pedal, watching this while it was airing must've been a pain with how it's paced.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've already got it pre-ordered alongside A Bride's Story vol. 7 and My Hero Academia vol. 2, though I probably shouldn't have.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Seafood that was a good effort post.

I like people critiquing things but I can't stand when it turns out like Lord justice's posts.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wait what the hell

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

MIO!? Disgusting

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The I bet he bought it himself quote meme.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

The I bet he bought it himself quote meme.

I would never betray monogatari crew

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I bought it. Owned.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I appreciate how Dio walks with so much swagger but man, his outfit is ridiculous :)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

pon alien posted:

I bought it. Owned.

:(

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Oh no!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pon alien posted:

I bought it. Owned.

:vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince::vince:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I miss Araragi already.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Ocelot voice: what goes around comes around

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
typical, declaring war after the planes were launched

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Well, that was fun. Poseboys with punchghosts is over, it was very silly and really not my usual thing but it was good and I'm glad I finally sat down to watch the 2nd half of Stardust. Even if it meant I had to shelve Chihayafuru for a weekend :(

Jacket-less Dio was much better than jacketed imo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Namtab posted:

Seafood that was a good effort post.

I like people critiquing things but I can't stand when it turns out like Lord justice's posts.

The agreed emote

Also speaking of him I keep wondering if he's waiting for page...75 I think it was? Of the Madoka thread so that the mod challenge no longer applies. That would be amazing, in a way.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

That's cute

I'm looking forward to having opinions on the different Sailors soon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Comprehensive list of Love Live Movie figures and stuff that I would buy.

1. Cat Hoodie Rin
2. Angelic Angel Umi
3. 1st Year Song Rin
4. BokuHika Eli

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Seriously I forgot all about how adorable cat hoodie Rin is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

Wait what the hell

lol

pon alien posted:

I bought it. Owned.

lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Reds posted:

Neat. Let's see, November third. Excellent.

I'll say one thing about Yowamushi Pedal, watching this while it was airing must've been a pain with how it's paced.

It was great

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I regret calling pon alien my friend

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say is trapped in the Haunted Thread and needs help getting out, but I'm not going in there. Too spooky.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Seriously I forgot all about how adorable Rin is.

I don't understand how someone could do that

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

I regret calling pon alien my friend

But you got an avatar of the best K-on out of it, according to VEGETA.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

But you got an avatar of the best K-on out of it, according to VEGETA.

Vegeta has poo poo taste if mio won the poll

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'm awake and I didn't drown during the night and the strett isn't flooded anymore. But it's still raining so there's still a possibility of drowning.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

I'm awake and I didn't drown during the night and the strett isn't flooded anymore. But it's still raining so there's still a possibility of drowning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5DgPdZ3SVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Vegeta has poo poo taste if mio won the poll

I've been known to indulge in dumb tastes every once in a while.

Sharkopath posted:

Wark Say is trapped in the Haunted Thread and needs help getting out, but I'm not going in there. Too spooky.

You jerk.

• Locked thread