Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Frozenpussy posted:

if you're multiboxing a cap escalation gang, it's 2 bil an hour for two, three hours a day. But then you divide that by six or seven accounts you need, and over the course of the day it becomes lovely and 200mil / hour is high and misleading.

So lovely people are paying one super a month in rent for the privilege to live there.
Not to mention Roubles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsycheNotFound
Sep 30, 2015

by Lowtax

blablablabla posted:

In world of war craft there are a lot more spread out mechanics than grouping up ones. When you group up all you have to do is follow everyone else. When you spread out you have to make your own decisions regarding positioning which is far more dynamic. Also with logi having fall off positioning is going to matter far more for the individual.

You still blob in open world PvP in World of Warcraft and you still call primaries. While I did jest earlier about WoW and the new doomsday devices, I look at it as adding a unique flavor and more choice for Titan pilots rather than adding raid mechanics to a PvP game.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

I feel we haven't had enough recipes recently, so here's Beans on Toast:

1) Peel back lid on plastic pack of beans (I recommend the brand Heinz), or open and partially cover can with clingfilm or the base of a plate. Microwave for about a minute or two, depending on microwave strength.
2) Toast some bread, either in a toaster or under a grill. Bonus points for using a George Foreman grill or a spit roast setup.
3) Optional: Butter bread - some people like it, some people don't.
4) Put beans on toast, ensuring maximum coverage without beans spilling off the side. Butter assists with this.
5) Optional: Lightly season with pepper/other spices - there's already more than enough salt in baked beans, so additional salt shouldn't be required unless you're one of those salty fucks crying about wh escalations. You can also get different flavours of baked beans to begin with, I quite like the spicy variety.
6) Get a responsible adult because you live in your mother's basement to cut the toast into triangular pieces.

I'm too lazy to actually go make some, so here's an MSPaint mock up of the finished product.

DarkMalfunction fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Oct 25, 2015

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Give me the recipe for the burger in your avatar. Clearly it is an orgasmic taste sensation.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
When aiming for cosmic sigs, how is probe scanning supposed to work? Am I supposed to use another ship for scanning and/or refit after scanning, or am I supposed to forfeit one turret slot on the ship I wanna tackle the combat on?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

busfahrer posted:

When aiming for cosmic sigs, how is probe scanning supposed to work? Am I supposed to use another ship for scanning and/or refit after scanning, or am I supposed to forfeit one turret slot on the ship I wanna tackle the combat on?

Tengu.

I'm sure :ullerrm: can provide a fit.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

darth cookie posted:

Give me the recipe for the burger in your avatar. Clearly it is an orgasmic taste sensation.

That's actually a black pepper mayo burger from Frankie and Bennie's, I don't know exactly the recipe but it has a fairly big burger of decent quality seasoned meat (1lb or maybe 1/2lb? Can't remember, stupid non-metric measurements), black pepper mayo, a tomato slice, barely any green stuff :getin: , bacon, comes with the biggest pile of curly fries I've ever seen... it's just lovely. And it wasn't overly expensive from what I remember, F&Bs restaurants are normally good value, but that picture was from about 4 years ago.

Seriously, black pepper mayo burgers, or any subtle variant from any restaurant, are ~the poo poo~.

busfahrer
Feb 9, 2012

Ceterum censeo
Carthaginem
esse delendam
Will it work to let a ship mine during server downtime?

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

busfahrer posted:

Will it work to let a ship mine during server downtime?

Unless something's changed, no. Server downtime is a reboot, so you're force logged-out. It's kinda like if you just exited out of the client, but from the server side.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Say what? Force Auxiliary Capitals? :swoon:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

in PVE
In dev blog you said you are going to lower EHP of dreds and their current guns dps to compensate. So Dred will do less dps and tank less, are you going to nerf Sleeples Guardian to compensate?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Glory of Arioch posted:

in PVE
In dev blog you said you are going to lower EHP of dreds and their current guns dps to compensate. So Dred will do less dps and tank less, are you going to nerf Sleeples Guardian to compensate?

Are you channeling Russian C6 renter now?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

orange juche posted:

Are you channeling Russian C6 renter now?

yeah

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

HENGRY BUNG posted:

just like every person in this thread tbh

I don't have either :saddowns:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

DarkMalfunction posted:

I feel we haven't had enough recipes recently, so here's Beans on Toast:

1) Peel back lid on plastic pack of beans (I recommend the brand Heinz), or open and partially cover can with clingfilm or the base of a plate. Microwave for about a minute or two, depending on microwave strength.
2) Toast some bread, either in a toaster or under a grill. Bonus points for using a George Foreman grill or a spit roast setup.
3) Optional: Butter bread - some people like it, some people don't.
4) Put beans on toast, ensuring maximum coverage without beans spilling off the side. Butter assists with this.
5) Optional: Lightly season with pepper/other spices - there's already more than enough salt in baked beans, so additional salt shouldn't be required unless you're one of those salty fucks crying about wh escalations. You can also get different flavours of baked beans to begin with, I quite like the spicy variety.
6) Get a responsible adult because you live in your mother's basement to cut the toast into triangular pieces.

I'm too lazy to actually go make some, so here's an MSPaint mock up of the finished product.

If you don't put Worcestershire sauce on your beans-on-toast you're worse than the boiled ribs people.

Lobstermobile
Sep 12, 2004
Lobster Car vroom vroom
The teleport everybody everywhere super weapon sounds hilarious.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm excited for Homeworld: EVE. I'm also excited about all the fire sales.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I'm thinking of playing EVE again after almost three years. What's eligibility to join goons like as a dumbfuck who mostly carebeared in highsec and played "pirates" with random corps/alliances?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
I am interested to see how good nano Nids/Hels/Ragnaroks fitted with the new capital propulsion modules are at bumping.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Ledenko posted:

I'm thinking of playing EVE again after almost three years. What's eligibility to join goons like as a dumbfuck who mostly carebeared in highsec and played "pirates" with random corps/alliances?

:justpost:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Krogort posted:

So lovely people are paying one super a month in rent for the privilege to live there.
Not to mention Roubles.

QEX cam through our hole three days after we decided to vacare. It was the news of frigate holes that made us decide it wasn't worth staying. ISK is important to some people.

QEX being gone is almost enough risk reduction to offset frigate holes.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Ledenko posted:

If you can get into waffe, join waffe Otherwise just join KarmaFleet, you have access to all the same stuff and only have to deal with the random pubbies in corp chat and people giving you poo poo over your magical space guild.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Is Glory of Arioch = Querns? I rarely read the E:O forums, but Querns replies on the cap rebalance devblog are hilarious. Please tell us where you PVE with Dreads indeed.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Is Glory of Arioch = Querns? I rarely read the E:O forums, but Querns replies on the cap rebalance devblog are hilarious. Please tell us where you PVE with Dreads indeed.

yes I am querns irl

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I like how they wanted to fix n+1 by removing reps from supers/carriers entirely and shoehorning that role onto triage. Spies are going to be imperative, triage is going to be underwhelming at repping caps or be completely broken when paired with t3s, and non triage capitals don't rep that much more than basis/guardians.

I don't think the problem was reps on carriers, but cap transfers enabling you to perma run them. This is really the personification of CCP being unable to balance eve as of late without adding arbitrary features. Supers in lowsec? Add hics. Massed supers? Remove reps.

It's hilariously telling how the only ship class CCP is any good at balancing is t1 frigates, which they already hosed up by adding t3ds (which instead of being balanced are simply no longer going to be able to enter small complexes).

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

blablablabla posted:

In world of war craft there are a lot more spread out mechanics than grouping up ones. When you group up all you have to do is follow everyone else. When you spread out you have to make your own decisions regarding positioning which is far more dynamic. Also with logi having fall off positioning is going to matter far more for the individual.

Most fights in world of warcraft also only care about 2 dimension tho. The real 3D fights like drakes phase in Eye of eternity was hated by a rather large part of the player base because just like in EVE's space, player were losing their point of reference and getting lost. Anchoring is probably popular because of this.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ynglaur posted:

Querns makes an wormhole thread 100% better

gently caress wormholes :a2m:

ThePoxBox
Oct 25, 2015

by Lowtax
I've been absent from EVE for a while, but I've been holding on to my subscription like a single share of Berkshire Hathaway as well as keeping in touch with my best EVE bros. These changes, as little as they have ever impacted my play as a relative EVE noob, seem to be an exciting choice. The salt is thick right now, but at some point you just have to grab your EVE spirit and realize that we're all having to adjust to change. If this change can make people excited to play the game at any escalation level, with the prospect of dumping loads of ISK out of the coffers of the super-powers that WANT to fight but NEED a conflict driver, I think it's good for the game as a whole. You can't blame organizations like PL who find the efficient way to play and then shove it down the throats of everyone until something changes. I'm looking forward to seeing what war in EVE is going to look like in comparison to all of the old sov and cap systems. EVE is Play2Win, so get out there and find some content, even if that's being someone else's content.

This is my first day as an SA member, and I hope to be a poster you deserve, if not the poster you want. I have been fascinated by EVE since I learned about the game in 2008, and have been a leader in a smallish high sec corp, then played around with DNS for a bit, then moved out to nullsec to be part of Deepspace. and learn more about the sov game. I shall don my fire-retardant armor and shield after this far too serious and cheery post, but bring it on! I look forward to meeting many of you in the near future as a member of Goonfleet.

Fly with some balls (and bees) people!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

VictorKordes posted:

Querns makes an wormhole thread 100% better

gently caress wormholes :a2m:

:agreed:

intrepid quernsposting fans may notice a few wormhole nerf suggestions peppered in with the capital changes thread posts

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

ThePoxBox posted:

This is my first day as an SA member, ...

... in the near future as a member of Goonfleet.

Good luck with that.

tuzy2k
Sep 17, 2007

Glory of Arioch posted:

:agreed:

intrepid quernsposting fans may notice a few wormhole nerf suggestions peppered in with the capital changes thread posts

Doing gods work.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

supersnowman posted:

Most fights in world of warcraft also only care about 2 dimension tho. The real 3D fights like drakes phase in Eye of eternity was hated by a rather large part of the player base because just like in EVE's space, player were losing their point of reference and getting lost. Anchoring is probably popular because of this.

A nice trick in a 3D-space environment is choosing your own point of reference to avoid getting confused. People anchoring something accidentally do this: Their anchor becomes their new reference point.

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

ThePoxBox posted:

How to not get in Goonwaffe.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
I thought there were pretty specific rules about having to write a heartfelt welcome post to the forums.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Reverand maynard posted:

I like how they wanted to fix n+1 by removing reps from supers/carriers entirely and shoehorning that role onto triage. Spies are going to be imperative, triage is going to be underwhelming at repping caps or be completely broken when paired with t3s, and non triage capitals don't rep that much more than basis/guardians.

I don't think the problem was reps on carriers, but cap transfers enabling you to perma run them. This is really the personification of CCP being unable to balance eve as of late without adding arbitrary features. Supers in lowsec? Add hics. Massed supers? Remove reps.

It's hilariously telling how the only ship class CCP is any good at balancing is t1 frigates, which they already hosed up by adding t3ds (which instead of being balanced are simply no longer going to be able to enter small complexes).

Didn't they say capital reps straight wouldn't work on subcaps, or did I imagine that.

MOAR
Mar 6, 2012

Death! Put your jacket on or you'll get frostbite!

ThePoxBox posted:

Thanks man, normally you follow up with some info about your current main set of characters, and any other alt support accounts, and your general style of play.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Is there any possibility at all that these capital changes and sov changes will deliver a "fleet fight" as typically imagined in sci-fi involving actual piloting, or is it just going to be orbiting blob vs orbiting blob smashing each other until one sides bat breaks?

Especially the proposed carrier changes. Are they at all charitably realistic?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Cyclomatic posted:

Is there any possibility at all that these capital changes and sov changes will deliver a "fleet fight" as typically imagined in sci-fi involving actual piloting, or is it just going to be orbiting blob vs orbiting blob smashing each other until one sides bat breaks?

Especially the proposed carrier changes. Are they at all charitably realistic?

the new fighter mechanics require a degree of manual control, apparently, and the new titan doomsdays require manual targeting

and you can technically fly with keyboard controls right now but the camera doesn't work very well with it

first person camera will actually make that a little more palatable come to think of it

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

How is it going to be completely broken with t3s? They said the reps will be weak as poo poo outside of triage, and a cap in triage can't receive remote reps so you just have to overcome its local tanking. t3s are better off sticking with subcap logi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

Glory of Arioch posted:

the new fighter mechanics require a degree of manual control, apparently, and the new titan doomsdays require manual targeting

and you can technically fly with keyboard controls right now but the camera doesn't work very well with it

first person camera will actually make that a little more palatable come to think of it

Yea, I read the bullet points and it sounds cool, but this is CCP we are talking about here. Fool me 50 times shame on me or something.

Was hoping for people that had played recently giving a qualitative analysis on the level of bullshit being presented, and if the changes actually would make blobs spread out and avoid the fire. In theory is sounds good, as if fleets have to spread out on the grid or get hosed by super lasers, then the grid might turn into multiple smaller fights involving actual piloting instead of target calling and pressing F keys. But I haven't really played in a long time so it sounding good might not map up to the current reality of the game.

• Locked thread