Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

pick-e posted:

What is with the Cobras and their goofy poses? Ocelot's one thing, but these are old rear end men. Nerds, the lot of them!

You kill Hitler with Bees, you get to pose however you goddamned want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's a shame we'll never get to see a World War 2 Metal Gear game where you get to play as the Cobras and Apissassinate Hitler. And discover that it was actually the Nazis who came up with Metal Gear.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I went and watched Kirby and ate a salad just because you told me not to. :colbert:

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
Did you hunt that super-animal, the flying squirrel?

First time I saw it I was like "What the hell is that thing?", then looked at it with the binoculars, and realized it was climbing a tree, then gliding around.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
There's an even more super animal in The Fear's arena: The Tsuchinoko. It's a Japanese cryptid that's a snakke with a human looking face that's fat andd flat. It also doesn't show up on radar. The easiest way to catch it is to kill everything alive in the Fear zone, then set your mousetraps and wait. If it's still in your inventory when you beat the game you get the stealth unit (Dan remembered wrong--hitting all the frogs gives you the infinite bandanna). If he's in your inventory when like, it all gets removed partway through the game you can catch him again near the waterfall cave iirc.

I want to say Zero loses his poo poo if you catch it and call Para-Medic. If you eat it I believe it's like a super food, full stamina and healing, but everyone gets pissed at you. Speaking of calls, calling Sigint after talking to Granin he goes off on how how retarded a walking tank is, which is pretty funny considering. Sigint might be the best part of the whole game. I also like his conversation with snake about the naked camo, where he thinks everybody on the team have lost their drat minds, and snake asks to take is pants off too.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

No, no, Dan's right. Tsuchinoko gives you infinity face paint and kerotans give you stealth camouflage. You are right about Zero losing his poo poo if you call Para Medic. Both he and Sigint formed a UMA club and they're so proud of Snake for finding one. :allears:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

No, no, Dan's right. Tsuchinoko gives you infinity face paint and kerotans give you stealth camouflage. You are right about Zero losing his poo poo if you call Para Medic. Both he and Sigint formed a UMA club and they're so proud of Snake for finding one. :allears:

Sigint is surrounded by dorks.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Weird, because the snake's clearly using stealth itself...

I'm still heartbroken to hear that Snake's Nightmare was cut from the HD mix. It's a weird minigame with zero relevance to the game where you're like, a dude with blade arms mowing down zombies. I think it might have been a tech demo. Anyways, if you call sigint right after he tells you about a nightmare he had about a metal gear made of poop, shooting poop rockets, that turned everything it hit into also poop. :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Choco1980 posted:

There's an even more super animal in The Fear's arena: The Tsuchinoko. It's a Japanese cryptid that's a snakke with a human looking face that's fat andd flat. It also doesn't show up on radar. The easiest way to catch it is to kill everything alive in the Fear zone, then set your mousetraps and wait. If it's still in your inventory when you beat the game you get the stealth unit (Dan remembered wrong--hitting all the frogs gives you the infinite bandanna). If he's in your inventory when like, it all gets removed partway through the game you can catch him again near the waterfall cave iirc.

I want to say Zero loses his poo poo if you catch it and call Para-Medic. If you eat it I believe it's like a super food, full stamina and healing, but everyone gets pissed at you. Speaking of calls, calling Sigint after talking to Granin he goes off on how how retarded a walking tank is, which is pretty funny considering. Sigint might be the best part of the whole game. I also like his conversation with snake about the naked camo, where he thinks everybody on the team have lost their drat minds, and snake asks to take is pants off too.

Zero's panicked "Under no circumstances are you to eat it! Is that clear? :byodood:" is fantastic. He knows. He knows drat well Snake is curious. :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid 3 Episode 8 - End The End (Part 1 of 7)

Grace takes three sips of alcohol and gets completely trashed while I chase a tree around a forest and kick him.

also I know it might not seem like it, but I'm actually somewhat stubborn.

:siren:Next session won't be until after Grace goes back to the states, but voting is still available!:siren:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

Weird, because the snake's clearly using stealth itself...

I'm still heartbroken to hear that Snake's Nightmare was cut from the HD mix. It's a weird minigame with zero relevance to the game where you're like, a dude with blade arms mowing down zombies. I think it might have been a tech demo. Anyways, if you call sigint right after he tells you about a nightmare he had about a metal gear made of poop, shooting poop rockets, that turned everything it hit into also poop. :allears:

If Castlevania is to be believed, then Tsuchinokos are able to bury themselves to stay out of harm's way, so that's technically not stealth camo?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Well, they also don't show up on thermals, so take that with a grain of salt.

Speaking of grains, guess what Grace, all that white sand on some beaches? Every grain is fish poop! Every. Grain. The fish DO poop on the beach!

I could be mistaken, but doesn't ghost-bird show up in The Sorrow walk? Also, for those who don't know--if Dan had killed The End way back when he was in the wheelchair, not only would the chair have EXPLODED and hit Dan in the face, but when he got to these four screens, he'd instead go up against a whole platoon of Ocelot Troops spread throughout the area hunting for him. Apparently it's a total bitch to do.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Choco1980 posted:

Well, they also don't show up on thermals, so take that with a grain of salt.

Speaking of grains, guess what Grace, all that white sand on some beaches? Every grain is fish poop! Every. Grain. The fish DO poop on the beach!

I could be mistaken, but doesn't ghost-bird show up in The Sorrow walk? Also, for those who don't know--if Dan had killed The End way back when he was in the wheelchair, not only would the chair have EXPLODED and hit Dan in the face, but when he got to these four screens, he'd instead go up against a whole platoon of Ocelot Troops spread throughout the area hunting for him. Apparently it's a total bitch to do.

I honestly kind of wanted to snipe him early, but I also really wanted to kick a sniper :v: Maybe I'll do a bonus video some time

EDIT: Sneak peek at the stealthy invasion of Groznyj Grad

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 21, 2015

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
I honestly have never seen any MGS3 LP show the fight that happens if you kill The End early. Everyone says it's an Ocelot squad fight, but no one actually shows it. :smith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I only know about it from the strategy guide that came out at the time. I read that and was like "eff that!" Their maps even showed where all of them are at, there's like, 5-8 PER SCREEN.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
gently caress the frogs. At least the Tsuchinoko you only have to catch twice (it gets removed from your inventory after the interrogation, and I THINK turns up again outside the waterfall cave you meet Eva). That's something anyone can do with a quick look up of their location.

Frogs on the other hand, have so many bullshit locations on top of making a noise that alerts guards when shot. Not only are the frogs during boss fights you can't return to (even parts of them, like the C3 bridge sniping having a seperate frog than the On Foot shagohod fight). But there are Frogs during the motorcyle chase.

"Which motorcycle chase?" Every single part of it, before and after the Shagohod fight. Hope you got the frog when zooming down the runway, that's one of the easy ones!

PS: My sympathies on chair woes for Grace.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

The main problem with the rematch with the Ocelots is that you're giving up the chance to fight The End for it and that's unacceptable. :colbert:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

The main problem with the rematch with the Ocelots is that you're giving up the chance to fight The End for it and that's unacceptable. :colbert:

he really is one of the best parts of the game. I always felt kinda bad fighting him because he was so likable despite the creepy eye thing.

Also looking it up, he was born some time in the 1860s. So during the Civil War most likely. Also, despite being "long lived" that only puts him at most like, 104. Which is absurd as a combat participant, but feasible to have lived that long. Unlikely but not impossible. Also according to Metal Gear lore, the "Father of Sniping" title is not hyperbole, he actually invented sniping and all its various techniques. Glancing at sniper rifle technology, this seems unlikely as the first rudimentary sniping weapons were from a decade before he was born. On the other hand, it wasn't until World War 1 that they really came into common use. :iiam:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh my god Drunk Grace :allears:

Do they also explain the creepy eye in MGS5?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Killing The End early owns because the explosion from his microbomb will send his wheelchair flying straight at Snake and it's a one hit kill if you don't move out of the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

Kind of

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
The hell is apple milk?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

whowhatwhere posted:

Oh my god Drunk Grace :allears:

I imagine it's just like this lady:

:nms:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_5zIXxKEU:nms:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes Episode 1 - The Worst Stillman

Let's take a short interlude from MGS3 to show off this fun game! SPOILER ALERT ONE OF US IS REALLY BAD UNDER PRESSURE

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Now I really want to play this with someone. Also, always good to see Grace get to play. I thoroughly enjoyed Kirby and DK with you guys.

EDIT: Also, Undertale has apparently spawned a new smilie that I think will see some mileage in this thread: :dunkedon:

Choco1980 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 23, 2015

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
oh my god grace just look at the page that talks about the button

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
This sounds like the best game to take to a party where everybody's drunk. Speaking of which, I'm sad you guys weren't taking a drink for every strike/explosion.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:psypop:
That was the most infuriating frustrating (but still amusing) video you've ever done.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I can't blame Stillman for failing to defuse a bomb if the job is this difficult.

Choco1980 posted:

EDIT: Also, Undertale has apparently spawned a new smilie that I think will see some mileage in this thread: :dunkedon:
:shittydog: is more useful for this thread:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
That first bomb attempt exceeded my wildest expectations.

Just loving up the giant button would be nothing special. No, you gotta go gently caress up the giant button while still acing the hardest panel on the bomb like it was nothing.

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
Why didn't you just tell him where the green bits were noooo :gonk:

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes Episode 1 - The Worst Stillman

Let's take a short interlude from MGS3 to show off this fun game! SPOILER ALERT ONE OF US IS REALLY BAD UNDER PRESSURE

Wait, what game is this?

ed: Oh, it's, uh, in the description. Never mind.

drkeiscool fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 25, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes Episode 2 - The Letter "See"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Press. (BOOM) I meant, is there a button that says 'press'?"

:laffo:

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

That word puzzle is fiendish. I want to play this with a group of drunk people.

gregory
Jun 8, 2013

METAL GEAR!
I like how about 75% of Grace's confusion comes from Dan saying "Hey stupid why don't you make it easy and do this completely wrong thing!"

This game is amazing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Man, those simon puzzles that require you to get strikes are such rear end in a top hat solutions! :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

It's not that you're required to get strikes, but the correct response is different depending on how many strikes you have.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

OMFG at 18:40 Grace said incorrectly to read the word on the left and then Danaru incorrectly read the word on the right which was the correct word to read I am loving dying

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
I loving love these bombgame videos. I feel like I've been tainted, watching people who already kind of knew what they were doing, so I had a much easier time doing these the first time through. It's painful to see stuff going horribly wrong in the basest of procedural ways, and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Dreams Collection

hi its grace #canadianadeventure

we played this sonic and Dan seriously tricked me into thinking it was an actual dump of unreleased sonic games. It's about as far from red pandas as one can get.

Also to my fans: "hey bb ilu"

Love Dan some more because he's good at video games sometimes sorta.