Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Yuzenn posted:

Lacy and Lewis cost me literal hundreds of dollars......

I'm just doing 50/50's and double ups from now on...I can't stand going from 300th place down to over 2000 each week

Lewis and Peterson, for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Yeah this has been the worst week of the season for me. Two terrible decisions: fade the passing game in HOU vs JAX because of 20+mph winds, and Dion Lewis :911:. I knew it was only a matter of time before Belichick belichicked, but man it hurts when it finally happens. Still up money on the season, but I lost a lot of my gains this week.

I also can't seem to hit on a defense even when I pay for an easy layup like the Jets this week. I think I've only had one lineup with a DST that broke 10 points this year. That's a hole I'd been able to climb out of so far, but not this week.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I will either be up $2.20 (Bet 5) or down $1.40 Based on how Odell does tonight. I'm hoping he doesn't even play. I'm guessing It's Odell anyway since a lot of the people left tonight have a WR left. The closest ones being roughly EDIT: 17 points away. If only I hadn't been belichiked by Lewis :911: and switched him out for Ivory I would have rolled.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 19, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah this has been the worst week of the season for me. Two terrible decisions: fade the passing game in HOU vs JAX because of 20+mph winds, and Dion Lewis :911:. I knew it was only a matter of time before Belichick belichicked, but man it hurts when it finally happens. Still up money on the season, but I lost a lot of my gains this week.

I also can't seem to hit on a defense even when I pay for an easy layup like the Jets this week. I think I've only had one lineup with a DST that broke 10 points this year. That's a hole I'd been able to climb out of so far, but not this week.

Just pay the 5k for Denver. It's hard but they have yet to score under 10. Which is a good value to me paying just a few hundred dollars more over other Defenses. more inconsistent defenses.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm going with a Lacy/Lamar Miller combo in a couple GPPs anticipating/hoping this is the week they both break out. Their prices are nicely depressed compared to the beginning of the year.

I'll check back in on Sunday to let everyone know how terribly it worked out for me.

Thanks Eddie :emo:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks Eddie :emo:

I call him Eddie money :homebrew: because my opponent had him and it lost him a H2H he had in the bag.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
what are your guys' thoughts on Freeman and Hopkins this week in 50/50s? They cost an insane amount of money and I can't imagine building a halfway decent lineup with such a cost up front.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Marshmallow Blue posted:

what are your guys' thoughts on Freeman and Hopkins this week in 50/50s? They cost an insane amount of money and I can't imagine building a halfway decent lineup with such a cost up front.

Dolphins secondary doesn't scare me and Nuk might break the targets record this year...he's good for at least 10 targets a game so just on PPR alone he's a cash must play.

Falcons are playing the Titans who just let Lamar Miller and Jonas Gray run all over them so Freeman is also worth every penny.

Freeman is moreso important than Hopkins because the amount of good scoring RB's is growing thinner and thinner with a lot of teams still having issues with injuries/runningback committees/starters being hurt. Freeman is running like a man possessed and he knows a screw up could cost him his job. Teams also can't just stack the box with Jones being a focal part of the offense. He's good to go all season.

The problem is finding the second RB that will be guaranteed points with him. Lewis/Peterson and Bell all shat the bed this week and Lynch underperformed.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Miami seems way better under Campbell but Arian Foster seems as sure points at running back as anyone other than Freeman right now.

EDIT: Basically i feel you are going high end at rb the plays are Freeman and Foster on DK and Gurley or Ivory on Fanduel.

Edit2: Supposedly an investigation by the Greenberg Traurig lawfirm shows that Ethan Haskell did not receive the millionaire maker ownership percentages until after his Fanduel lineups had locked.Too bad Pandora's Box is already open.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13924648/investigation-commissioned-draftkings-says-employee-locked-lineup-receiving-internal-data

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 20, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

So I switched to $1/2 H2H's last week instead of doing my normal double ups. It seems like the winning line is much higher in the H2H's, I lost with a lot of 130-140 point lineups that I feel like would normally win in a double up.

For anyone who did $25ish double ups on FanDuel this week - what was the average line?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
First time playing Fan duel trip report.

Spent 5$ across
one 1$ 50/50
one 2$ 50/50
one 1$ H2H
one 1$ ten man league (top 3 win).

I won $7.40 by winning both 50/50s and the H2H. I missed placing on the 10 man by 7 points (Thanks Lewis!)

Where do I go to get my huge check?

Seriously: How do people feel about using Hoyer as a QB to afford shares of both Hopkins and freeman?

dy. posted:

So I switched to $1/2 H2H's last week instead of doing my normal double ups. It seems like the winning line is much higher in the H2H's, I lost with a lot of 130-140 point lineups that I feel like would normally win in a double up.

For anyone who did $25ish double ups on FanDuel this week - what was the average line?
My 2$ (20 team ) 50/50 was 90.1 to 170. You were in the money with 123.12 (me 10/20). The 11th place guy had 114.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 20, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

My 2$ (20 team ) 50/50 was 90.1 to 170. You were in the money with 123.12 (me 10/20). The 11th place guy had 114.
Thanks. I wonder if it is just sample size or if H2H games attract higher caliber opponents.

For the record across 30 H2H's this week the average score of my opponent was 128. Which actually is very close to my average score when winning a double up - 131.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 20, 2015

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

In case anyone is curious, my Monte Carlo lineups won back $45 out of $50, so I'm okay with that. I'll probably keep on trucking and hope for a big win someday. My top lineup had 217.54 points, to finish 289/329,000 (for a whopping $9) with Russell Wilson, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Travis Benjamin, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffery, Julius Thomas, Chris Ivory, and the Jets. Not bad for a lineup that's pretty much randomly generated. It even has a RB-DST stack, something I like to put in my "handmade" lineups. I had several more lineups above the 99th percentile. I think I won the other $5 back in H2Hs, basically a break-even week.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

dy. posted:

Thanks. I wonder if it is just sample size or if H2H games attract higher caliber opponents.

They definitely attract higher caliber opponents at fanduel. If you click on the names in the lobby, you'll see the majority are these guys with 20-100k+ games won, people doing it for a living or very seriously at least.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

They definitely attract higher caliber opponents at fanduel. If you click on the names in the lobby, you'll see the majority are these guys with 20-100k+ games won, people doing it for a living or very seriously at least.

That's why you get the FanDuel extension so it shows their games played after hovering the name and color codes them. Quicker way to find easier matchups.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

That's why you get the FanDuel extension so it shows their games played after hovering the name and color codes them. Quicker way to find easier matchups.

say whattt and where, and how much? Edit: Found it.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 20, 2015

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Marshmallow Blue posted:

First time playing Fan duel trip report.

Spent 5$ across
one 1$ 50/50
one 2$ 50/50
one 1$ H2H
one 1$ ten man league (top 3 win).

I won $7.40 by winning both 50/50s and the H2H. I missed placing on the 10 man by 7 points (Thanks Lewis!)

Where do I go to get my huge check?

Seriously: How do people feel about using Hoyer as a QB to afford shares of both Hopkins and freeman?

For a few hundred more you can draft Stafford. Who at least has Megatron upside and is playing at home.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sock The Great posted:

For a few hundred more you can draft Stafford. Who at least has Megatron upside and is playing at home.

I will be at that game, and I might pick a bunch of Detroit and Minny players for the hell of it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

SurgicalOntologist posted:

In case anyone is curious, my Monte Carlo lineups won back $45 out of $50, so I'm okay with that. I'll probably keep on trucking and hope for a big win someday. My top lineup had 217.54 points, to finish 289/329,000 (for a whopping $9) with Russell Wilson, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Travis Benjamin, DeAndre Hopkins, Alshon Jeffery, Julius Thomas, Chris Ivory, and the Jets. Not bad for a lineup that's pretty much randomly generated. It even has a RB-DST stack, something I like to put in my "handmade" lineups. I had several more lineups above the 99th percentile. I think I won the other $5 back in H2Hs, basically a break-even week.

Grats and all, but come on, you can't be sharing all this with us and not tell us what your worst lineup was :cheeky:

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Can any Steelers fans tell me if Landry Jones is a decent value play this week?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Sock The Great posted:

I feel the Stafford has proven far more inconsistent than Hoyer over the past few weeks. Stafford had the solid game last week, but the previous 3 weeks, couldn't even hit 10 points. Hoyer has 17, 19, and 24 for his last three games. So I don't see a need to spend more cap room on a seemingly inconsistent player.

Edit: Also, Been using that wonderful chrome extension to target under 100 win players (I'm 100% "green" myself), but what are these people thinking not picking their own opponents and just letting their H2H fall to 2-10K winners?

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 21, 2015

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Grats and all, but come on, you can't be sharing all this with us and not tell us what your worst lineup was :cheeky:

:lol: Fair enough. My worst lineup finished at 324,810/329,000 with a whopping 90.42 points: Andy Dalton, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Randall Cobb, A.J. Green, Golden Tate, Tyler Eifert, Adrian Peterson, and the Jets D.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Also, Been using that wonderful chrome extension to target under 100 win players (I'm 100% "green" myself), but what are these people thinking not picking their own opponents and just letting their H2H fall to 2-10K winners?

They either don't know what they're doing or they don't care enough to put in the effort to pick their own opponents. Either way I'm glad they do it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

They either don't know what they're doing or they don't care enough to put in the effort to pick their own opponents. Either way I'm glad they do it.

I also noticed more green matchups across Sunday only and 1pm only slates. Any reason why you think?

Seebee
Mar 13, 2004
Last week I feel like there were thousands of H2H to pick from on DraftKings, now there are barely over 200. Is it all the talk of the government investigations?

Edit: Just realized that including the 9am game really threw off the numbers. The one for the normal time games has the thousands of entries... So Strange.

Seebee fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 25, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Gurley you better not screw me!!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yuzenn posted:

Gurley you better not screw me!!

Bend over and oil up sweetheart.

I'm giving a lot of action to Gurley too, he's so cheap, it's hard to pass up...

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 25, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Bend over and oil up sweetheart.

I'm giving a lot of action to Gurley too, he's so cheap, it's hard to pass up...

He was the chalk play for sure....that browns defense lets anyone run on them. I think he's gotta be like 60% owned this week if not more.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Shoulda taken the Jags D :stare:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
At least Robert Woods is making up for Jimmy Graham's failures in my Thursday lineups :unsmith: And he's like 1-2% owned.

If only I had woken up early to start him in seasonal :argh:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Holy crap lamar miller. Glad im against 0 shares in cash.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yuzenn posted:

He was the chalk play for sure....that browns defense lets anyone run on them. I think he's gotta be like 60% owned this week if not more.

That browns offense gave up 25 points to the Rams defense, like holy poo poo how do you play that bad?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Holy crap lamar miller. Glad im against 0 shares in cash.

2nd week in a row that my Double Up lineup scored the most points. Thanks random-rear end Lamar Miller that happened to fit in my remaining salary for the flex spot :thumbsup:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I had a bunch of Lamar Miller in my cash lineups but when I got the Antonio Gates news, I decided to switch him out and thought "well now I can use this extra salary to upgrade my RB!"

I didn't end up keeping him in any lineup :smith:

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Outside of going HEAVY on Hopkins and totally forgetting to swap out Maclin it's been a good week.

Gurley delivered and I had enough shares of Miller and various Dolphins players that i'm in the money nicely. Still got Palmer Fitz Brown and some Steve Smith Jr left in most leagues and Palmer is my cash QB who needs only 10 points right now. :getin:

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 26, 2015

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Welp, made my first major mistake of setting a lineup at 9am and not looking back.

I scored my highest week so far on Draft Kings (212 pts) and had Antonio Gates in all 8 of my rosters.

When I started watching the Raiders/Chargers game and they announced Ladarius Green I wanted to :puke:

I had a really nice core of Doug Martin/Todd Gurley/Lamar Miller/Rams Defense on like 7/8 lineups but getting a big fat ZERO at the TE position really hosed me.

A 20-30 point night from Gates would have moved me from (around) $13 to (around) $150ish on like 5 entries :(

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I know it's still a very small sample size, but I've had a pretty good first 2 weeks in DFS.

Anyone else like Gurley and Chris Johnson (vs CLE) this week?

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 27, 2015

GP035
Feb 15, 2005

It's Clutch Time!

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I think the #1 strategy now in any fantasy format is start the RB playing against Cleveland.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I know it's still a very small sample size, but I've had a pretty good first 2 weeks in DFS.

Much better than me so far. Definitely a small sample size but best of luck with keeping that going.

My cumulative profit is down quite a bit for NFL but I'm really only like $10 shy of my initial deposit because I won a little off of some dumb NHL freeroll during their playoffs last year. Maybe I only have this much still because I took a few weeks off, but who knows.

https://www.dailyfantasynerd.com is useful for some stats. I have an extremely small sample size (54 cash games, 19 GPP) so there's very little to glean from it, but it does show that I'm profitable in H2H and losing money everywhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'll just note that the generally recommended percentages if you want to do this for the long haul are to use 20% of your entry monies MAX on GPPs. My own rule of thumb is that I need to be able to make enough if I win my current average percentage of cash games to cover my GPP entries assuming they all lose. So, for example, $20 of entries gives me $17 for entries that have a 50% chance of payout. Winning 65% of those gives me ~$20 back. That, then, gives me $3 for GPP entries. Now I don't follow this exactly because I also play some double ups and triple ups, but it gives you the general idea: I want my cash entries to be able to fund my spending on GPPs.

• Locked thread