Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Referees should no longer be on the pitch and should just officiate from the sofa with a nice beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

shut the gently caress up about refs. nobody cares.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Smorgasbord posted:

People get really weird about the reffing in All Black games, even when the calls go against us the opposition were outrageously screwed over by our devious acts of foul play according to some.

Eh, I don't think that particular call I'm complaining about determined the outcome or anything. For me an ABs win was a foregone conclusion, the Boks just don't have the total rugby schema necessary to beat them. Japan had a better gameplan than they did, and were able to rise to the occasion to play it well, whereas the Boks can very consistently execute a mediocre strategy.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

dex_sda posted:

shut the gently caress up about refs. nobody cares.

It's going to be great if the final hinges on a difficult call that, with the benefit of thousand slow-mo replays, seems wrong!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mr Chips posted:

It's going to be great if the final hinges on a difficult call that, with the benefit of thousand slow-mo replays, seems wrong!

But only in the last 2 minutes, cause calls are somehow more important then

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
My American ppv subscription is amazing, I get to watch Nathan Sharpe and Phil Waugh rehearse their commentary including deciding who's going to stand on which side. Then stare blankly at the camera until they get the sign to start talking.

E: they had to step half a meter to the left, how exciting. You see, they needed the goalposts in between the two of them.

Oh and also I only get their side of the Channel 9 broadcast :v:

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 25, 2015

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Apollodorus posted:

My American ppv subscription is amazing, I get to watch Nathan Sharpe and Phil Waugh rehearse their commentary including deciding who's going to stand on which side. Then stare blankly at the camera until they get the sign to start talking.

E: they had to step half a meter to the left, how exciting. You see, they needed the goalposts in between the two of them.

Oh and also I only get their side of the Channel 9 broadcast :v:

We get to see James Bond drive a car and Richie McCaw listen to a pair of headphones 83 times in one show, because all of the sponsors the English broadcasters had lined up at the start of the tournament stopped buying advertising time, the moment their viewer-base mysteriously dropped in half during the group stages.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Ready for ARG vs AUS and the most intense solo drinking game one can play at noon on Sunday.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 25, 2015

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Cuppa and rasher and egg sambo here.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Terrible anthem rendition gospel choir. Just terrible.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Eurosport Germany is showing some women's tennis thing. loving hell

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

loving yessssss

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Whoops.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For fucks sake guys

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Welp

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Australia learned something from the Scotland game then.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Yeah that's a pretty big welp right there

What a start

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Couldn't even make it one minute before I had to down a glass of Pinot Grigio. loving hell, Pumas, you know I prefer Malbec, why do this to me?

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Also is there any non-australian supporting Aus?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

NZAmoeba posted:

Also is there any non-australian supporting Aus?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Yesssss I get to bust out the red.

edit: rules question, is drunkposting still prohibited or is this thread an exception?

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Pretty superb that

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Whoops again. This does not bode well for Argentina.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

I look forward to reading your descent into madness as this match goes on.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why didn't Argentina play like this against Ireland ffs. Amateurish stuff

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ahh jeez man come on Argentina :smith:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I like the way Argentina are playing. They should keep it up

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Welp, down the hatch with the 'bec, back into the grig'

FFS Pumas, you have the cooler jerseys by far.

TBF though AAC is super legit.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
My new club won yesterday 69-5, I like to think we inspired this performance from Australia.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Heyyy Diego! :) YOU FAT gently caress

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

"Surprised he's not sat next to Jason Leonard." - commentator about Maradona

"Looks like he's eaten him."

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Apollodorus posted:

edit: rules question, is drunkposting still prohibited or is this thread an exception?

I've posted drunk a load and never had anyone say anything, I think it's fine provided you aren't totally incoherent

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
Suddenly a soccer match breaks out

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

masterpine posted:

Terrible anthem rendition gospel choir. Just terrible.

Oh! Fun things I learnt about the anthems :

The English organisers have insisted that every anthem is sung by a choir, so that the background noise in the stadiums doesn't drown out the singing. It's upto the stadiums to provide the choirs, and because the cheapest tickets start at £120 for most games, the organisers won't give any freebies away to non-corporate guests, such as choirs.

We learnt this when a local choir from Llanelli was asked to sing the Welsh and Fijian anthems. After singing the Fiji anthem, they were rushed out of the stadium onto a waiting coach, and spent the first 60 minutes of the game trying to drive out of Cardiff, until they could find somewhere they could actually park the coach and watch the game that begun with their rendition of a song they didn't know the words to :psyduck:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

rules question, is drunkposting still prohibited or is this thread an exception?

Mods have told me that drunk posting is fine. It's a Game Day Thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Will there be enough Argentinians to play the second half? :ohdear:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Tyma posted:

Oh! Fun things I learnt about the anthems :

The English organisers have insisted that every anthem is sung by a choir, so that the background noise in the stadiums doesn't drown out the singing. It's upto the stadiums to provide the choirs, and because the cheapest tickets start at £120 for most games, the organisers won't give any freebies away to non-corporate guests, such as choirs.

We learnt this when a local choir from Llanelli was asked to sing the Welsh and Fijian anthems. After singing the Fiji anthem, they were rushed out of the stadium onto a waiting coach, and spent the first 60 minutes of the game trying to drive out of Cardiff, until they could find somewhere they could actually park the coach and watch the game that begun with their rendition of a song they didn't know the words to :psyduck:

That's some purestrain arseholery right there, Goddamn.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

rejutka posted:

That's some purestrain arseholery right there, Goddamn.

The English got what was coming to them though, remember.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
What a joke

Just play the loving game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Harsh, but there was a warning.