Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

Endorph posted:

also does anyone know anything about PCs

I want a decent gaming one (nothing super powerful just 'can play recent games on mid settings at a good fps') but every pre-built one has like 30 1-star 'belched fire and ate my cat' reviews and i dont know how you'd even go about building one.

id probably want a pre-built one just for convenience's sake

I managed to buy my PC refurbished and it's literally good as new and cost as much as the components (It was returned because during construction one of the thumb screws was screwed into the wrong hole so the case was bulging. A two second fix).

Dunno how much of a fluke it was but searching for refurbished computers from big retailers definitely worked out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRyh2Y1zjU&t=1488s

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

also does anyone know anything about PCs

I want a decent gaming one (nothing super powerful just 'can play recent games on mid settings at a good fps') but every pre-built one has like 30 1-star 'belched fire and ate my cat' reviews and i dont know how you'd even go about building one.

id probably want a pre-built one just for convenience's sake

You really shouldn't buy pre-built - most online parts retailers should offer an assembly service for a marginal fee, or otherwise your local computer store will, but putting a PC together is actually pretty easy if you can follow Ikea instructions.

The PC building megathread that a kitten linked is the #1 resource on SA and is really, really good and the people there are very helpful. You can basically just pick parts from the recommended list in the OP and ask the thread to double-check that you didn't screw something up (like getting the wrong wattage for your PSU or the wrong socket type for the motherboard). It's a cool thread.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im still using a 12 year old pc, i just throw in a new part whenever an old one breaks

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i cant find the album for sale anywhere so I guess I have to grab mp3s of those youtube vids

its like tape players all over again!!!!!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

anyways im glad to have an anime to be excited over again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been using the same PC for 15 years, its just that I've replaced everything in it at least twice.

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver

Sakurazuka posted:

I've been using the same PC for 15 years, its just that I've replaced everything in it at least twice.

The Sick Rig of Theseus

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

really tempted to buy this haha

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hello, fam

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i did find the albums as records only and they are pretty cheap for how old they are, might actually pick them up for real but shippings probably crazy i bet

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

really tempted to buy this haha

This Guncannon is missing its cannons.

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

i gotchu vifam

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mintergalactic posted:

i gotchu vifam

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

anyways im glad to have an anime to be excited over again

welcomehome.jpg

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Still plucking along with the FLCL watch for the simul and it's funny how memory works

It could also be modern anime pacing but the show is slower than what young me remembered!!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Srice posted:

Still plucking along with the FLCL watch for the simul and it's funny how memory works

It could also be modern anime pacing but the show is slower than what young me remembered!!

it was plenty of fast imo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watch mostly slow talky shows tho so my perception may be skewed

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Macdoo posted:

The Sick Rig of Theseus

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

BY THE WAY, to the dudes who read manga on their phones. i found an app called manga bird and tis totally free and the downloader actually works. image quality seems fine too

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Davincie posted:

it was plenty of fast imo

Oh it's definitely still a quick one

I guess I mean in the sense that I remembered the frantic parts over most of the rest?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Though I suppose I should clarify that the last time I saw FLCL was when tv anime wasn't 13 episodes all the time so that probably skews my perception and memory by a lot, haha.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

new shojo kairo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

new bird cafe 2

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

hi chat thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new zai x 10 :confused:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

uts an extra

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

new bird cafe 2

cute

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol the regular astrogater suit is called the Wug.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Parallax posted:

hi chat thread

hello

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax posted:

hi chat thread

gently caress you.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wug Wug Wug.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

pon alien posted:

gently caress you.

i know you really care, pon

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think pon alien is just bad at expressing himself.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

thank you based crunchyroll for these amazing subs. $13/month

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

why are you paying $13

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I think pon alien is just bad at expressing himself.

Are you, perhaps, suggesting that pon alien suffers from that debilitating state of mind as identified by american criminologists known as... Tsundere?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Parallax posted:

why are you paying $13

idk how much CR is a month. i dont pay for it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's 7 bux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012