Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Renaissance Robot posted:

Frankly it's been all downhill ever since Max moved to Mayview.

I mean, it was downhill for a good portion of the first chapter and the third chapter, I don't think anyone can argue that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I preferred the webcomic when it was less anime and had more goofy spirits. I appreciate this may anger some of you.

I'm livid

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kabanaw posted:

I mean, it was downhill for a good portion of the first chapter and the third chapter, I don't think anyone can argue that.

:haw: I appreciated this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Honestly, calling Max the protagonist is offensive. The first thing he does on his way to school is almost kill an innocent bystander who he has antagonized every step of the way so far.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly, calling Max the protagonist is offensive. The first thing he does on his way to school is almost kill an innocent bystander who he has antagonized every step of the way so far.

You are right.

It is Issac. :colbert:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I am still liking each individual update because the interactions between characters are as entertaining as ever, but on the other hand I have completely forgotten the rules of hitball and so can't even guess at what Max is going to try to do with that ball, which is a little annoying

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Suaimhneas posted:

I am still liking each individual update because the interactions between characters are as entertaining as ever, but on the other hand I have completely forgotten the rules of hitball and so can't even guess at what Max is going to try to do with that ball, which is a little annoying

If he hits Hijeff with the golden switch, all the remaining players belong to the same team, so game over.
If Hijeff catches the GS, then all the benched Shockodiles are freed from the benches. Max and Johnny could let themselves be hit by people who aren't possessed by some creepy, veiny, super-strong entity that wants to hurt people.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cat Mattress posted:

If he hits Hijeff with the golden switch, all the remaining players belong to the same team, so game over.
If Hijeff catches the GS, then all the benched Shockodiles are freed from the benches. Max and Johnny could let themselves be hit by people who aren't possessed by some creepy, veiny, super-strong entity that wants to hurt people.

So... Jeff will dodge it completely?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

pik_d posted:

It's the only ball left, so if he dodges, he'll need to throw it back. In that case either: Johnny or Max dodge it, in which case we're back to square one; Johnny or Max catch it, then their team is back, with Cody; or they get hit in which case they can sabotage from the inside.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Or they're hit with enough force to send them to the infirmary and it's mission accomplished for Jeff.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Cat Mattress posted:

If he hits Hijeff with the golden switch, all the remaining players belong to the same team,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm surprised Jeff isn't ripping balls off of the IBG the way Isabel did, really.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

pik_d posted:

Dodging it is the smart move, but he really wants a ball, so he may not think of it in time.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Max is throwing at ball golem, when ball golem catches the switch, everyone from their team comes back in and throw all the balls at Johnny, Johnny either gets hit or refuses to throw back, stalling out the game until gym is over.

That's what I'm guessing will happen, anyway.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I just noticed Max's black energy on that ball.

He's not doing anything with the game. He's using the ball as a distraction to ghost-punch Hijack.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Tenebrais posted:

I just noticed Max's black energy on that ball.

He's not doing anything with the game. He's using the ball as a distraction to ghost-punch Hijack.

Spectral energy goes though it.
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-45

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
New page.

Looks like the undefeatable ball golem was defeated.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Max displaying some premium Johnny face in panel one :buddy:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I'm kicking myself for thinking that the Invincible Ball Golem was just a background gag.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Paranatural is still really funny and good but it's got some insane pacing issues. Doesn't stop it from being one of my favorites, but man.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't think there's any webcomic that would make people happy in regards to "pacing" with a 2-but-sometimes-only-1-per-week update schedule.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Dresden Codak

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dresden Codak isn't a webcomic, it's a twitter feed.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lackadaisy's having trouble adjust to its post-Patreon schedule too, though, the author ended up adopting a dying kitten or something recently, among other things, so, she has something of an understandable excuse. Dresden Codak, Diaz is just an rear end in a top hat.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Does that make people happy

I wouldn't know

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
It is pretty funny how Hijack insists on adhering to the rules of the game instead of just going up and punching a kid's lights out, boom, problem solved.

That's what keeps this enjoyable for me. One extremely extended gag.

(And unlike some here, I don't have any real hatred of manga.)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Regy Rusty posted:

Does that make people happy

I wouldn't know

It would if he could manage to produce even one comic a week, let alone two :thejoke:

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Probably Magic posted:

It is pretty funny how Hijack insists on adhering to the rules of the game instead of just going up and punching a kid's lights out, boom, problem solved.

That's what keeps this enjoyable for me. One extremely extended gag.

(And unlike some here, I don't have any real hatred of manga.)
If I recall, he actually explained that he didn't want to completely ruin Jeff's life, so he's adhering to the rules of hitball so there's plausible deniability in that "Whoops. Was just an accident. I didn't mean to murder this child with a rubber ball"

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

heenato posted:

If I recall, he actually explained that he didn't want to completely ruin Jeff's life, so he's adhering to the rules of hitball so there's plausible deniability in that "Whoops. Was just an accident. I didn't mean to murder this child with a rubber ball"

how does he plan on explaining how he threw a ball so hard it created circular hole in a student by accident

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

VerdantSquire posted:

how does he plan on explaining how he threw a ball so hard it created circular hole in a student by accident

Diet and exercise.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

VerdantSquire posted:

He believed in himself.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

karmicknight posted:

He believed in himself.

True fighting spirit.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Why can't you just be happy for him? 😤

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VerdantSquire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXRk69a7-c

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Haha holy poo poo, they have that line in the abridged version, I had no idea it was a direct quote :allears:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Renaissance Robot posted:

Haha holy poo poo, they have that line in the abridged version, I had no idea it was a direct quote :allears:

It's surprising how many things in the abridged version are references to one dub or another. "Little Green" and Dr. Briefs going on about a cappuccino machine are both things from different dubs as well.

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly
NEW PAGE: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-73

One Winged Angel [Dubstep Remix] starts playing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is the definition of overdone

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I really hope we're nearing the end of this. It's gonna be great in print, but it's really starting to drag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I hope this goes on for many more months. :)