Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

That looks great but I'm waiting to hear what music they chose, the Genesis music was different between regions and having the Sega CD bootup music was what sealed the deal that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the US Master System theme:

For comparison, the JP Master System theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZVCrRzU1rI

It's a major no-go if they have anything except the Space Harrier music.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You know there's a straight Space Harrier theme, right?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
So I was right about it going to be hideous.

In what world did they think the Times New Roman on bland white background with blue grid was ever an appealing design? Cripes.

The bottom screen of the Japanese version has that too but that's not nearly as bad as having the top screen be that.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

I did not, no. I should give them money for that ASAP.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

:stare:That might finally be a contender against Hanafuda, the classiest theme.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOE announced Resident Evil 4 Wii for release next week (October 29) with a 25% launch discount until November 5.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

NOE announced Resident Evil 4 Wii for release next week (October 29) with a 25% launch discount until November 5.

Good. Everybody should play it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It is maybe worth noting that even after the discount it's probably cheaper to get Resident Evil 4 HD (with trophies!) on PS3/360 (the PS3 version is actually on sale right now for like £6 in the UK) Is there a PC version? That's probably super cheap too

The Wii pointer controls are my favourite way to play RE4 though

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ah! Of course Alex Kidd would be eating a hamburger in the US version.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

That's a surprise. Also, it supported the classic controller, right? If you wanna play on the gamepad only.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

It is maybe worth noting that even after the discount it's probably cheaper to get Resident Evil 4 HD (with trophies!) on PS3/360 (the PS3 version is actually on sale right now for like £6 in the UK) Is there a PC version? That's probably super cheap too

There is indeed a PC version of RE4 HD.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

There is indeed a PC version of RE4 HD.

Which is currently available for cheap alongside a bunch of other Capcom games including the new Strider on this bundle thingy.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Help Im Alive posted:

Check this out https://www.humblebundle.com/

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, they should have started with something irreplicable , like Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Worth it

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Resident Evil 4 coming up on the virtual console in Europe, right before Halloween.

edit: whatever re4 deserves two announcements.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Saoshyant posted:

Which is currently available for cheap alongside a bunch of other Capcom games including the new Strider on this bundle thingy.

That is a drat fine bundle - thanks! The only way it could be better is if it had the HD remake of RE1 that they put out on PC last year.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I appreciate that they're supporting Wii downloads and I get that this ties into Halloween, but could they have picked a game that wasn't already available everywhere?

Hell, given that their Halloween Wii U Eshop theme has an entire page devoted to "Castlevania Games," even throwing the two N64 Castlevania games or some of the DS games onto the Eshop would make sense, and if there's one thing Konami is supporting on the Eshop, it's Castlevania.

No, Nintendo and Capcom, I'm not buying RE4 Wii Edition for $15 when I can get the HD version and a bunch of random stuff I won't play like RE5 from Humble Bundle for 9.48.

EDIT: Oh, it's NOE, not NOA, so I wouldn't even get that option. Carry on.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Maybe you'll get Castlevania Judgment this week!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Umm I started playing Freedom Planet and I think my game is messed up? Every time the character's meter fills up they automatically use an attack that either slows me down or flings me off in a random direction... Is it supposed to do that?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The pointer controls in RE4 Wii are more fun than the nicer graphics of the HD version but it kind of sucks that they didn't just port that version to the U.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Umm I started playing Freedom Planet and I think my game is messed up? Every time the character's meter fills up they automatically use an attack that either slows me down or flings me off in a random direction... Is it supposed to do that?

Is there a problem with your X button?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of October 29):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Project Zero: Maiden of Dark Water - free to start, full unlock €49.99 / £39.99 (October 30)
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Freedom Planet - €13.99 / £10.99 or €11.89 / £9.34 for those who downloaded the nindies@home demo
    Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - €14.99 / £13.49
    Slender: The Arrival - i]€6.74 / £4.79 until November 5, standard price €8.99 / £6.39[/i]
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch - €11.19 / £9.59 until November 5, standard price €13.99 / £11.99
    Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones - €9.99/ £7.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII DOWNLOADS ON WII U
    Resident Evil 4 - €14.99 / £13.49 until November 5, standard price €19.99 / £17.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Bombing Bastards (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.00 until October 29
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until November 5
    Rock 'N Racing Off Road (Wii U eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 until November 5
    ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (Wii U eShop) - €1.199 / £0.90 until November 5
    Swords & Soldiers 2 (Wii U eShop) - €14.99 / £13.49 from October 29-November 5
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.89 / £6.50 from October 29-November 12
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Wii U) - €9.99 / £8.99 from October 29-November 12
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U) - €15.00 / £10.49 from October 29-November 12
    One Piece Unlimited World Red (Wii U) - €14.00 / £9.99 from October 29-November 12
    Ben 10 Omniverse (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.99 from October 29-November 12
    Rise of the Guardians (Wii U) - €4.99 / £4.99 from October 29-November 12
    Family Games: 30 Great Games Obstacle Arcade (Wii U) - €2.99 / £2.99 from October 29-November 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker - €39.99 / £34.99
    Chibi-Robi: Zip Lash! (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    SMT Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
  • The Beginner's Brawl - free!
  • Macca Makes An Escape - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - €14.99 / £13.49
    Escape from Zombie City - €2.99 / £2.69
3DS MENU THEMES (October 30)
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: 4 Million Shipped - free until October 30!
    Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - The Office - €1.99 / £1.79
    Super Mario Bros. Famicom Cartridge - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until November 5
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €8.99 / £7.49 until November 5
    Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €3.49 / £3.14 until November 5
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.49 from October 29-November 11
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Plus (3DS) - €19.99 / £14.99 from October 29-November 12
    Project X Zone (3DS) - €9.89 / £6.50 from October 29-November 12
    One Piece Unlimited World Red (3DS) - €9.99 / £6.99 from October 29-November 12
    One Piece Romance Dawn (3DS) - €9.89 / £9.39 from October 29-November 12
    Regular Show: Mordecai & Rigbi in 8-bit Land (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.99 from October 29-November 12
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (3DS) - €8.74 / £7.12 from October 29-November 12
    Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (3DS) - €9.99 / £6.99 from October 29-November 12
    Ben 10 Omniverse 2 (3DS) - €4.99 / £3.74 from October 29-November 12
    Power Rangers Megaforce (3DS) - €9.89 / £9.40 from October 29-November 12
    Power Rangers Super Megaforce (3DS) - €9.99 / £7.00 from October 29-November 12
    Tenkai Knights: Brave Battle (3DS) - €9.99 / £6.99 from October 29-November 12

RE4 is playable on the the gamepad using the original controls but the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup is what you want.

No, Binding of Isaac doesn't have cross-buy. No, I don't know how broken the PAL version will be.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god, Record Breaker is out this week?? ...I can't ....no more games

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They could have put the first SMT:DS on a sale. But they didn't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think they did and it went back to full price a few days ago?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town is coming to the Wii U VC this week.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The Stella Glow demo is up but near as I can tell you have to actively search the game out since the demo doesn't even show up in Recent Arrivals -> New Software at the moment.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Andrast posted:

Good. Everybody should play it.

I think everybody has played it. The Wii version is definitely the best and most feature-complete SD version, but... you know, it's still the SD version. It doesn't look great on a HDTV.

If you have any way of playing any of the HD versions, I wouldn't recommend going for the Wii one unless you really want to play it with pointer controls, and even then the pointer controls do have the annoying side-effect of making the game incredibly easy even on higher difficulties. Plus the HD versions are generally available for a bit cheaper than $15 (the PS3 HD edition goes on sale *all the time*. Seriously, like, every other month. It's on sale now.)

Course, you could get the best of both worlds if you plug in a Bluetooth adapter and use GlovePIE to play the mouselook-enabled PC HD version with a Wii Remote, but obviously that's stupid and wouldn't really work so don't do that.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
My favorite part of the Wii controls is the autoknife. Makes looting crates so much quicker.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So I hear conception 2 isn't very good, but is it worth £4.50? I can handle weird anime creepiness.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only if you want to play an incredibly boring and easy Persona clone

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up, Sega is delisting MD Sonic 2 and both versions of Sonic 1 from the Wii VC on October 30; there's no indication that they'll ever come to the Wii U VC, so if you don't own them and think you might want to play them on Wii U at some point, get 'em while you still can.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heads up, Sega is delisting MD Sonic 2 and both versions of Sonic 1 from the Wii VC on October 30; there's no indication that they'll ever come to the Wii U VC, so if you don't own them and think you might want to play them on Wii U at some point, get 'em while you still can.
Worth noting that the XBLA versions will be removed at the same time, too. Not that you'll be missing much what with the 3DS and mobile updates, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

By the way, info about the CN successor is out and it's sadly not called *New* Club Nintendo

quote:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/img/47l.jpg
The name of our new membership service is “My Nintendo.”
My Nintendo will work as a bridge between dedicated game systems and smart devices.

Both My Nintendo and Miitomo will be available in March 2016.

quote:

We will start a new point program as well, which not only involves Nintendo’s dedicated game systems but also smart devices.
With the Club Nintendo membership service that was ended on September 30, 2015, you earned points when you purchased software. With this new point program, you can earn points by playing games as well.
Whether you have played the software for dedicated game systems or our applications for smart devices, you can earn points that can then be used on our dedicated game systems or on smart devices.
Naturally, you can also earn points by purchasing software.
With the new points, you can obtain digital add-on content, which will make the game you are playing even more fun, original merchandise or a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software.

This is also a plan for the future, but we are going to provide our membership service benefits in other real-life facilities such as theme parks, movie theaters and retail outlets.

Miitomo (probably not the English name) is a mobile app that you can load your profile and do stuff with it. More info here.

Edit: also important:

quote:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/img/45.jpg
Nintendo will use a cloud-based data service to transfer game data between mobile games and console games.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 29, 2015

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I've only played RE4 on the PS2. Cracking fun and I'm likely to enjoy it again, but is the Wii version radically different?

Also I am so excited about an EU release of Freedom Planet. Finally.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Flint_Paper posted:

I've only played RE4 on the PS2. Cracking fun and I'm likely to enjoy it again, but is the Wii version radically different?

Also I am so excited about an EU release of Freedom Planet. Finally.

The PS2 version had vastly downgraded graphics and geometry from the Gamecube version but more content overall. The Wii version is basically a mix between the Gamecube and PS2 versions, retaining the original graphical and geometric detail but with the PS2 extras plus the option for the new control scheme which you should try out.

The HD versions for PS3/360/Steam are based on the Wii version but upscaled to higher resolutions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not really, the Wiimote control system works really well and it's based on the GC version so the graphics are a bit improved over the PS2 but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

Worth noting that the XBLA versions will be removed at the same time, too. Not that you'll be missing much what with the 3DS and mobile updates, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Actually it is a bit of a thing, because the Wii VC versions are the only versions that have the Knuckles Lock-On features. It's not much, but it's still something unique to them.