Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
some get this as an av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://vine.co/v/etQXvIvq53V

d64
Jan 15, 2003
the parts of Greenland's southern tip that were colonized 1000 years ago are green, during the summer at least

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

this movie looks like an in-game cutscene, it's just the way the characters and camera move

Yeah, it was not well done at all. I hate it when filmmakers take CGI as an excuse to throw framing and editing out the window in favor of cheesy perspective shifts and impossibly smooth rollercoaster camera movements—look at 2012 for example (among many, many others). Interstellar did it right.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ugh

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

thanks for spoiling the wrerstling i havent caught up on yet!!!!!!!!!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chris Knight posted:

dude crossed the axis like a loving chump lmao

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180-degree_rule

apparently this is A Rule in cinematography that nobody ever seems to violate because it looks really weird if you do

(idk i thought it was cool)

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6TW6v39_kQ

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
imagine if there was something in professional software development that was considered so basic that nobody ever hosed it up, to the point where a layman would go "wait WHAT? wtf is wrong with this computer" if it were somehow to happen

like idk Fitts' Law or something like that except everybody made sure not to gently caress it up

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Smythe posted:

im the squalor

we know

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ive seen every episode of intervention and also intervention canada and this ep is one of the best along with that chick from star trek from like season 1 whos bones get owned by the color fuscia and cell phones so she houses fentenyl pops nonstop

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

ive seen every episode of intervention and also intervention canada and this ep is one of the best along with that chick from star trek from like season 1 whos bones get owned by the color fuscia and cell phones so she houses fentenyl pops nonstop

i always liked the homeless young beardy dude with a penchant for 40s

reminded me of a younger me :allears:

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

pram
Jun 10, 2001

HAHAHA LOOOOOLL

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

well thats the funniest thing the simpsons have done in a decade or more

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

some get this as an av

the non-square pixels trigger me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pram posted:

HAHAHA LOOOOOLL

that tickled your fancy didnt it big boy

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

the non-square pixels trigger me

some systems use/used non-square pixels! :o

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
pixels are the new lens flare

pram
Jun 10, 2001

echinopsis posted:

that tickled your fancy didnt it big boy

id like to add that, the command as depicted is very inefficient. the same could be accomplished with >westbrook

thank you for listening everyone

pram
Jun 10, 2001

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

two wrongs don't make a right

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Space-Pope posted:

some systems use/used non-square pixels! :o

yeah. i hate those systems

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

priase satan

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

loving chieftec dragon

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

froward posted:

priase satan

people who protest medical animal testing should not be allowed access to modern medicine

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

echinopsis posted:

yeah. i hate those systems
no dude i mean a LOT of systems

like, most old consoles. iirc the neo-geo was one of the few that used square pixels

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln

Wild EEPROM posted:

loving chieftec dragon

for some reason newer cases dont have the 5 1/4 floppy bays
shame really

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bump_fn posted:

people who protest medical animal testing should not be allowed access to modern medicine

most animal testing doesn't involve developing medicine, unless you count boner pills or the types of things that pharmaceutical companies create

modern medicine research is largely derived from treating combat injuries or diseases contracted in wartime

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiSTzK-A2A

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 25, 2015

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Space-Pope posted:

no dude i mean a LOT of systems

like, most old consoles. iirc the neo-geo was one of the few that used square pixels

yeah

when the Amiga was in "med res" mode as deluxe paint called it it was horrible

I hate it

I'm not talking about not-quite-square, but clearly long or wide pixels

fuckin hate it

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

echinopsis posted:

thanks bro. it was fun and I was so hosed up by the end of it! my wife ended up kissing a random girl I had met on twitter and I was coming on hard to my wifes friends mother who is a loving Grade A++ milf it was awesome. she loved me but is married. its funny in the last few weeks our marriage has started turning into an open marriage. its fun as hell! ahahaha drugs

lol/

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

most animal testing doesn't involve developing medicine, unless you count boner pills or the types of things that pharmaceutical companies create

modern medicine research is largely derived from treating combat injuries or diseases contracted in wartime

lol
modern medicine that isn't things that pharmaceutical companies make who
is interested in that

"oh lets just research heart replacement through key hole surgery rather than make cool addictive drugs with highly profitable side effect profiles" - :rolleyes:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

echinopsis posted:

thanks bro. it was fun and I was so hosed up by the end of it! my wife ended up kissing a random girl I had met on twitter and I was coming on hard to my wifes friends mother who is a loving Grade A++ milf it was awesome. she loved me but is married. its funny in the last few weeks our marriage has started turning into an open marriage. its fun as hell! ahahaha drugs

quoting this for the divorce lawyers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

it was great. I didn't realise my wife's friend mother was married (I thought she was single) which was why I was coming on so hard, also coz she seemed to be enjoying it at the time. she was epic but later when I found out she was married it made sense as to why she wouldn't let me make out with her. also probably standards and that kind of poo poo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

quoting this for the divorce lawyers

idk how exactly it happened but we kinda realised ad discussed that monogamy is a bit of a shackle that prevents you from experiencing some of life's best experiences like the feeling of a new relationship and the fun of flirting etc, and as long as each other knows what's going on, then what can go wrong? and the side effect is that we're interested in each mother more too. it's cool

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ehhhh... not entirely accurate. helical gear lsds act like an open in no-traction situations (i.e. - ice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
jfc echi

• Locked thread