Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Interesting article but it leaves the important question unanswered whether or not her tennis ball booped him in the butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

clown shoes posted:

I wonder if Dunst's hit and run was inspired by an actual event in Texas back in 2001. It's one of those stories that stays with you years later because it was so cruel and unusual. Whoever called her a monster was right on the money.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gregory_Glen_Biggs

Sorry if his has been pointed out in the thread. I've only watched the first episode and read up until that part.

The most shocking thing about this story is that the police solved the murder of a homeless man several months after the fact.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well the only reason they were caught was her laughing about it at a party. Doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to piece that together.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 25, 2015

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

NowonSA posted:

I mean, I can't imagine he thoroughly cleans that grinder after he's done with it, and even if he does there has to be some human meat particulates in the mix for quite awhile.

I was thinking about that the entire time he was grinding. "Oh god is he going to clean that thing or will people be eating bits of human for months" I was also kinda expecting the actual butcher to show up and ask him what the gently caress he's doing, only for Fat Damon to explain that he was burning the midnight oil to make up for missing a day, and look! He's prepared the hamburger for sale tomorrow.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I was at the doctor and there was nothing else to read so I started reading a hunting magazine and they had tips and poo poo and one of them that stuck with me for cleaning a grinder after processing venison was to run saltine crackers through it.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Davros1 posted:

If it makes you feel any better, a group of us get together to watch it on the weekends, and one of them thought it was Chappelle too. He also thought Rye was Macaulay Culkin. So close!

When we first saw Rye, I thought maybe he was supposed to be a younger version of Buscemi's character. I was proven wrong quickly.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Sammus posted:

I was thinking about that the entire time he was grinding. "Oh god is he going to clean that thing or will people be eating bits of human for months" I was also kinda expecting the actual butcher to show up and ask him what the gently caress he's doing, only for Fat Damon to explain that he was burning the midnight oil to make up for missing a day, and look! He's prepared the hamburger for sale tomorrow.

That would be the Fargo-est possible way for the human meat to end up in circulation, with Fat Damon forced to play it off as standard meat when he's caught after it's all been ground up and the area cleaned up of obvious human remains.

I'm curious what he did with the bones, as well as the head and torso since brains and organs don't seem meat grinder friendly, but I'd be surprised if they explain that.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Surely the butcher must have a way to dispose of rotten/waste meat that Fat Damon could take advantage of. Based on his car cleanup, he doesn't seem like the sort to miss a detail like that.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Moltke posted:

Surely the butcher must have a way to dispose of rotten/waste meat that Fat Damon could take advantage of. Based on his car cleanup, he doesn't seem like the sort to miss a detail like that.

True, that was some A+ car/garage cleanup. I had my doubts with how the blood was smearing, but he really covered all the bases.

Moltke
May 13, 2009

NowonSA posted:

True, that was some A+ car/garage cleanup. I had my doubts with how the blood was smearing, but he really covered all the bases.

He learned how to do an A1 job from the best carwash in the Southwest (Couldn't resist breaking my own bad rule).

Moltke fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 26, 2015

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If he ground him up organs and all I imagine there's got to be a nice bunch of e. coli from the bowels all over the meat and grinder. Presumably he's aware of this and at least isn't planning to just put the meat on sale.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
They could also go with him cleaning up everything nice and neat but missing the human hairs caught in the grinder. Then at some point they dislodge themselves and turn up in a future batch of ground meat. Chekhov's Follicles.

That or it'll just be a finger he missed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol, this show's season 2 is better than True Detective's season 2.

Both season are really good. This ep is already real fun.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
There's a theory now!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

At first I thought it was just some no name that looked like Dunst.

Then I googled it. :eyepop:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That Fargo investigator was fun.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Meth Daemon

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

clown shoes posted:

I wonder if Dunst's hit and run was inspired by an actual event in Texas back in 2001. It's one of those stories that stays with you years later because it was so cruel and unusual. Whoever called her a monster was right on the money.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Gregory_Glen_Biggs

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the inspiration. The Fargo movie lifted the woodchipper idea from an actual crime case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Helle_Crafts

:pwn:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Double Whoops, eh?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

*prog rock music plays quietly in the bg*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jesus christ, they're really going all in on the aliens thing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Season 2 is the spiritual successor to True Detective season 1. Holy poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I want a show around this Cableworld commerical. Good lord, the actors they got in it.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I like NightOwl

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, they really end their episodes well here in fargo.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

poo poo just got real.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

I want a show around this Cableworld commerical. Good lord, the actors they got in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9yH7jPpjA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

KoRMaK posted:

At first I thought it was just some no name that looked like Dunst.

Then I googled it. :eyepop:

I said this the first week. Unless they've costumed/makeup-ed her that way, time has...not treated her very well.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Really loving the music in this show. It's giving it such a unique feel.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

What episode will Fat Damon snap?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Man Wilson is fuckin killing it as Young Lou so far, those staredown scenes were flooding with tension.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
and that is why Patrick Wilson is one of my favorite actors.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I don't suppose there's anyone here with gif making skills who could get me an av gif of Lou's grin after he tells Dodd off?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was a great ending - when that poor bastard knocked on Rye's door and Dodd's daughter answered I winced, you just knew he was basically the rabbit from the start of the episode.

Zaggitz posted:

I don't suppose there's anyone here with gif making skills who could get me an av gif of Lou's grin after he tells Dodd off?

This bit?

Here's something that I think falls within the AV limitations:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

That's the one, perfect. Thanks a lot!

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 27, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
From what little we've seen of him so far, if the lobster metaphor pans out, I would be willing to bet if/when we see Bear gets down to business it's going to be incredible. Also got some creepy vibes from dobb at the end there, yeesh.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also fun fact, the Fargo investigator the Gerhardts had under their foot is Gus Grimly's boss in season 1.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
"You make us sound like a prog rock band!" :D

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patrick Wilson is awesome. I've been a huge fan since Watchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I like Wilson too, and he was a great choice for Nite Owl and a fantastic choice as young Lou Solverson.

He's also very good in a movie called Stretch, which you can stream on Netflix. John Carnahan directed it, and Wilson plays a down-on-his-luck, self-destructive L.A. limo driver. It turned out to be a crazy little action movie/dark comedy.

• Locked thread