Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Xyretire posted:

I think "showing the actual broadcast without audio commentary" means they should still have the cage mics coming through, so they'll hopefully be able to hear those. All they should be lacking is the commentary from whoever does commentary for CFFC. I'm kind of curious to see the results at least.

I hope you're right, they mentioned crowd noise so I interpreted it as them watching in silence.. but just without commentary would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

lolling at both the poster, and the implications. make it happen. or dave herman

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hey Willie, I don't know how recent JT's contract is but just sayin', recent Bellator contracts specifically allow folks to fight in Japan on NYE and there's an 8 man tournament with a 500k prize. Heard anything?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

holy poo poo that reversal from under mount

Edit so I dont triple post I've never seen a guy tap while still standing caught in a guillotine.

I was at the UFC where Weidman did it to Jesse Bongfeldt years ago, it was cool.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
That looks quite unpleasant.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hey Willie, I don't know how recent JT's contract is but just sayin', recent Bellator contracts specifically allow folks to fight in Japan on NYE and there's an 8 man tournament with a 500k prize. Heard anything?

I have heard nothing, ill ask

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

attackmole posted:

I was at the UFC where Weidman did it to Jesse Bongfeldt years ago, it was cool.

Here's one courtesy of Dan Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Gmn3YDxJo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
How can y'all forget Spotty Scotty?

http://gfycat.com/IllinformedLongBrahmanbull

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the dan miller il guillotine is the gold standard

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Such a magical finish, I am still sad that the sport passed him by

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
During Jorgenson's last fight I tried to tell my wife that he used to be a vaguely ethnic guy and she wouldn't believe me. I don't think I've ever seen vitiligo completely take over the body the way it did with him.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Scotty is half Japanese. Despite turning him into a white man the disease also paradoxically turned him into a Japanese fighter.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MysteryNad posted:

Scotty is half Japanese. Despite turning him into a white man the disease also paradoxically turned him into a Japanese fighter.

lol

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

He hasn't been asked yet, thinks they are waiting to see what happens with Lashley. Hasn't heard that its going to be a Tournament.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

He hasn't been asked yet, thinks they are waiting to see what happens with Lashley. Hasn't heard that its going to be a Tournament.

there's an 8 man heavyweight tournament with the quarter finals on december 29th and everyone is presuming the semis and finals will both be on the 31st, but they are running all 3 days in saitama so it might be one after the other. 10 minute first round too, so don't let him get blindsided

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Thanks dude, I'll let him know. Any idea if it's a ring or cage and if there's an upper weight limit. He got fat and is practicising weight cutting as we speak from 280 :(

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Thanks dude, I'll let him know. Any idea if it's a ring or cage and if there's an upper weight limit. He got fat and is practicising weight cutting as we speak from 280 :(

it's assumed to be in a ring because the tv people are involved but there might be some vale tudo netting or something. no upper weight limit overall because they just signed some fatass estonian sumo, but i guess there's an outside chance that they have an upper limit just for the tournament.

even if he doesn't get a tournament spot, they've been talking to heath herring for like a year about fighting and jt is better and more famous and actually fights

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
http://bellator.spike.com/live

Bellator is on. I used to train BJJ with one of the guys in the curtain jerker, so I'm excited for Bellator for once.

Edit: Yeah! Good job Sammy.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 24, 2015

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
This might be only relevant to Dunc and me, but :siren: :woop: Goiti Yamauchi fights tonight! :woop: :siren:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bellator! :perfect:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bellator guy in a "Legalize Diaz" t-shirt lol. Whoever is fighting Brennan Ward? I don't know these people

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

it's assumed to be in a ring because the tv people are involved but there might be some vale tudo netting or something. no upper weight limit overall because they just signed some fatass estonian sumo, but i guess there's an outside chance that they have an upper limit just for the tournament.

even if he doesn't get a tournament spot, they've been talking to heath herring for like a year about fighting and jt is better and more famous and actually fights

JT wants to know how you know this lol. I went with "my m8 Dunc" instead of Tricum Guzzler in the interests of everyone involved.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i would have loved to have heard jt's reaction to getting his information from a tricum guzzler

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

i would have loved to have heard jt's reaction to getting his information from a tricum guzzler

When we get the podcast back on consider it one of the first segments

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

JT wants to know how you know this lol. I went with "my m8 Dunc" instead of Tricum Guzzler in the interests of everyone involved.

it's mostly public info if you know where to look and are willing to listen to poo poo like eddie goldman's podcast or read forum posts by heath herring's loudmouth "friends". also the kickboxing illuminati want to have sex with a map of japan so they stay really up to date on this stuff even though they tend to be dutch.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also tell him he met me for 5 seconds and shook my hand on the platform at paddington so he can clearly trust me

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
My gymmate Kin Moy fought at the top of the Bellator prelims. They were so kind as to give the specific neighborhood in Cambridge, MA that he fought out of.
With that gritty comeback win, I wonder if he'll get a spot on a main card next time?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

My gymmate Kin Moy fought at the top of the Bellator prelims. They were so kind as to give the specific neighborhood in Cambridge, MA that he fought out of.
With that gritty comeback win, I wonder if he'll get a spot on a main card next time?

That's cool - I think that's two comebacks in a row for him

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Sakakibara visited Team Nogueira and got his picture taken with Palhares, what could it possibly mean?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

this is terrifying foreshadowing

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
I read that as Sakuraba and for a second I thought that my life was complete

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Andre Galvao vs Palhares please

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I completely forgot that the greatest promotion on Earth is coming to London at the end of the month: http://www.sherdog.com/events/KSW-32-Road-to-Wembley-44931

http://www.kswtv.com/?page=events&id=13 12 dollars if one were so inclined

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

We've got our tickets for Bellator a week from Friday, and I'm kind of surprised at myself for how much I'm looking forward to it.

Here's a close approximation of our seats (based on a Blues game) according to SeatGeek

Willie Dee, make sure JT makes it to the HIll to get some toasted ravioli while he's in town. I recommend Charlie Gitto's.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
new year's eve's greatest hero returns:

nagashima vs andy souwer under mma rules, for some reason

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
To let both of them play looser, right? Not that that'll be more exciting. Hasn't Souwer been training MMA?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Yeah Souwer's been training with Aldo for a while if I recall correctly, but I'm not sure how much he's really able to dedicate to it because he still fights every other month

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

bizarrely the upper weight limit is 100kg, sorry JT http://www.tatame.com.br/tatame/noticias/sakakibara-critica-categorias-de-peso-revela-conversas-com-wand-e-arona-e-destrincha-rizin

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What are people's thoughts on Shinya Aoki?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

EmmyOk posted:

What are people's thoughts on Shinya Aoki?

incredibly talented, incredibly flawed, and is absolutely never again going to fight anyone relevant unless this Japanese thing takes off in a massive way because he rightfully wants to make as much money as possible, so he ended up in One FC to support his child and the wife he constantly tries to cheat on