Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBfMMMUsGs
Just listen to the crack of her arms as it unbreaks.
EDIT: Christ, I forgot how graphic that was. For reference sake, I was about 9-10 when this advert came out I think. hosed me up something rotten, had to mute the tv when it came on.

So apparently 30 is the perfect spot when you just want to teach them a lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

belt posted:

So apparently 30 is the perfect spot when you just want to teach them a lesson.

Like a spanking, but using a car instead of your hand.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay buy you're kinda missing the point of what I said? Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works and how to navigate dangers. I'm talking about when parents are like "You know what? gently caress my kid's implicit trust in me. I'm going to give them sponges for their birthday and make fun of them when they get upset."

It's not a whole lot different from bullying them in school, just minus any physical beatings.

Thank you for the wonderful parenting advice, internet comedy website funny schadenfreude thread consistent white knighter and big loving baby chitoryu12.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
here is a cake that involved nothing going soul crushingly wrong for the kid

Schadenfreude: the kid wanted a MLP cake

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

ayn rand hand job posted:

murder all bronies

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
When I was six or so, my folks threw me a surprise birthday party. All my friends from the neighborhood were there, as well as lots of relatives. And... a clown, which I had always been scared to death of. My parents had paid a clown to come into our house.There are pictures of me at the party, I'm smiling but my little eyes are full of fear. I asked my mom about it years later, she said she had wanted to get me over my fear of clowns by introducing me to a nice one. Plus she thought it would be funny. Tbh, my parents kind of own, even if I didn't fully appreciate their sense of humor til I was a bit older.

I'm not overly scared of clowns anymore, but I did grow up to be a poster on the Something Awful forums, so clearly something went wrong somewhere.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

ayn rand hand job posted:

and is turning 25

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Bundle of Keys posted:

murder all bronies

Can a 9 year old be a brony?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kramjacks posted:

Can a 9 year old be a brony?

considering it was a 9 year old Italian girl, probably not

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ittle-Pony.html

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Crow Jane posted:

When I was six or so, my folks threw me a surprise birthday party. All my friends from the neighborhood were there, as well as lots of relatives. And... a clown, which I had always been scared to death of. My parents had paid a clown to come into our house.There are pictures of me at the party, I'm smiling but my little eyes are full of fear. I asked my mom about it years later, she said she had wanted to get me over my fear of clowns by introducing me to a nice one. Plus she thought it would be funny. Tbh, my parents kind of own, even if I didn't fully appreciate their sense of humor til I was a bit older.

I'm not overly scared of clowns anymore, but I did grow up to be a poster on the Something Awful forums, so clearly something went wrong somewhere.

This story sucks and would be better if your parents or other attendees didn't remember the clown.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Schadenfreude Thread: Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not "Children are incredibly fragile and will be broken if they suffer any hardship ever." The problem is that kids implicitly and unconditionally trust authority figures like their parents, and you can cause some major rifts if you gently caress with them for laughs. Not every kid ends up with problems, but it's a really easy way to do it.

The absolute worst is if they have autism. A coworker of mine has an autistic son, who I know because he occasionally comes in to do menial jobs like shredding and dividing cards and booklets into smaller piles. He's incredibly gullible, to the point where his mom had to teach him "Sometimes, people are mean and are encouraging you to do something just because they want to laugh at you" because he's 15 and other students could still tell him poo poo like "The principal said you need to go stand on your head in the corner" and he'd just walk over and do it. But at the same time, she'll tell him incredibly unbelievable lies that he immediately believes until you tell him that it was just a joke. She does this because she knows how gullible he is and wants a laugh. I've been trying and failing to discourage her from counteracting her own attempts to stop him from being so easily hosed with.

chitoryu12 posted:

Okay buy you're kinda missing the point of what I said? Kids loving up and hurting themselves is normal and an important part of learning about how the world works and how to navigate dangers. I'm talking about when parents are like "You know what? gently caress my kid's implicit trust in me. I'm going to give them sponges for their birthday and make fun of them when they get upset."

It's not a whole lot different from bullying them in school, just minus any physical beatings.

chitoryu12. please post the trick your parents played on you that made you this way

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
i dont get what the problem is, i love sponge cake

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

If I had kids, I would totally subscribe to the Calvin's Dad school of parenting.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

If I had kids, I would totally subscribe to the Calvin's Dad school of parenting.

Calvin's Dad plays awesome mind games on him, not pushing his face into cake with a nice baby head shaking move.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Calvin's Dad plays awesome mind games on him, not pushing his face into cake with a nice baby head shaking move.

Hobbes totally would, though. It takes a village.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
My step mom got me pokemon red for Christmas way back in the day, but she didn't want the box to be too obvious, so she put it in a Ritz crackers box before she wrapped it.

I thanked her very nicely for the crackers, because I'm a normal person, I could handle a disappointing gift like that, and Ritz are actually delicious. I did not break down, and actually thought it was really funny once I figured it out.

Kids are okay with jokes, even from "authority" you dorks.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Crow Jane posted:

Hobbes totally would, though. It takes a village.

True dat, Hillary Climpfton

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I don't like the whole " push someone's face into a cake", but it's more the concern that one day a candle will end up lodged in someone's eye that way. My ultimate fear, someone/thing damaging my eyes, played out on some poor schmuck (which is unlikely to ever happen but hey!)

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Roro posted:

For something a bit lighter, weddings! And how they gently caress up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eht9YOoD0v0

The biggest fail in this video is at 3:37ish playing air guitar on your new bride to Yngwie Malmsteen.
Trap self sprung, etc.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
A (probably unhealthily) large part of my desire to have a kid someday is so I can troll the gently caress out of them for my own amusement.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
The pain is exquisite. More! More cake!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Noctone posted:

A (probably unhealthily) large part of my desire to have a kid someday is so I can troll the gently caress out of them for my own amusement.

If your parents didn't they were neglectful.

Lincoln`s Wax
May 1, 2000
My other, other car is a centipede filled with vaginas.

chitoryu12 posted:

It's not "Children are incredibly fragile and will be broken if they suffer any hardship ever." The problem is that kids implicitly and unconditionally trust authority figures like their parents, and you can cause some major rifts if you gently caress with them for laughs. Not every kid ends up with problems, but it's a really easy way to do it.

The absolute worst is if they have autism. A coworker of mine has an autistic son, who I know because he occasionally comes in to do menial jobs like shredding and dividing cards and booklets into smaller piles. He's incredibly gullible, to the point where his mom had to teach him "Sometimes, people are mean and are encouraging you to do something just because they want to laugh at you" because he's 15 and other students could still tell him poo poo like "The principal said you need to go stand on your head in the corner" and he'd just walk over and do it. But at the same time, she'll tell him incredibly unbelievable lies that he immediately believes until you tell him that it was just a joke. She does this because she knows how gullible he is and wants a laugh. I've been trying and failing to discourage her from counteracting her own attempts to stop him from being so easily hosed with.

So how long did you stand on your head for?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Noctone posted:

That's like half the joy of having kids.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

syscall girl posted:

If your parents didn't they were neglectful.

Also yes

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIKQqJJq-Fg

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
Someone change chitoryu12's name to "GO! BLEURGH"

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

If they ever perfect a time machine, I'm going back in time to the 1800s and deposit a hundred dollars into a bank account. I'm then going to travel forward in time to the year you were born and offer your parents all the money from the account to prank you in some manner every week from age two until you graduate high school.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

chitoryu12 posted:

Just because you were a little pussy as a kid doesnt mean that every other child on the planet should be treated like they're made of fragile glass.

Lincoln`s Wax posted:

So how long did you stand on your head for?

:master:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

kizudarake posted:

If they ever perfect a time machine, I'm going back in time to the 1800s and deposit a hundred dollars into a bank account. I'm then going to travel forward in time to the year you were born and offer your parents all the money from the account to prank you in some manner every week from age two until you graduate high school.

actually, this has already been done and that child grew up to be Hitler so

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A guy playing a military simulator notices a spider IRL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tj4kkJUpVo

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Noctone posted:

It plays both ways kiddo, and your folks will get to do the final cackling. "Revenge trolling is a dish best eaten cold" - The Grandfather.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

I can't stop myself from thinking that this is some deleted scene from Arrested Development where Gob goes to a baseball game. Guy looks so much like Will Arnett, and it's definitely in character.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The first one was funny but I think this might have actually injured the kid :ohdear:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The first one was funny but I think this might have actually injured the kid :ohdear:

"It seemed like a good idea at the time!" It kind of looks like he breaks the closet door a bit with his spine, one of the slats looks a bit knocked loose. He's either laughing or crying after that.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

The only clowns to be afraid of are the clowns in Congress.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Nuebot posted:

"It seemed like a good idea at the time!" It kind of looks like he breaks the closet door a bit with his spine, one of the slats looks a bit knocked loose. He's either laughing or crying after that.

That was actually filmed during a burglary and that's the kid being attacked by the intruder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME
Here, chitoryu, maybe this will make you feel better. The kid gets some payback.

https://youtu.be/LhxnNkklG5U?t=32s