Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Cole: THIS SUPERSTAR WITH A FLURRY OF OFFENSE!

King: SOME PEOPLE WOULD USE OTHER WORDS TO DESCRIBE WHAT WE JUST WITNESSED.

King: THIS SUPERSTAR IMPOSES HIS WILL!

Cole: HE DIDN'T GET ALL OF THAT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

A vicious stomp!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Sanguinia posted:

It kind of amazes me how bad the commentary and crowd are in these WWE games when the NBA 2k series is so incredibly immersive on that front. The way they have King, Cole and JBL talk in the most disgustingly generic soundbites that could apply to any match in any situation, the crowd's uninspired signs and unnattural reactions, they all ruin the atmosphere. I guess you can just blame Yukes and leave it at that, but it's still amazing that they let both these games carry the 2K branding when they are so far apart on easily comparable metrics.

And this is why the first thing I do in any of these games is still turn off the voices (I skipped 2K15, but I don't think that would have been different).

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
He's putting those educated feet to good use

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Miss Dim.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

He's putting those educated feet to good use

He reversed it!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
He was about to get his head taken off there.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
OH TRYING TO PUT HIM AWAY

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

NOT TODAY TOO FAST

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I love the contrast between the current :geno: commentary mixed with the left in soundbites from a decade ago where Cole actually does sound legit enthusiastic about what's going on.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Can't wait for the new sound clip in which Jerry lists off all the cool moves that Kevin Owens can pull off.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Also, one of the developers finally managed to convince the team to include upper tier crowd signs!

They all appear at once, so all upper tier crowd members must be in cahoots with each other - much like a Mexican wave!

But finally they're in :) one bugbear of mine for years!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxsU7KenMw

this game looks like such garbage jesus christ. I cant stop laughing at that dead eyed blank face he has near the end, clenching a fist.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 25, 2015

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
the game looks really bad still but god drat Breakouts and the new CAW tools are some dope poo poo

I think the only other game that I've seen with a Breakout type mechanic is Giant Gram 2000 and I have no idea whatsoever how those worked, or if more than one character had one.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

LvK posted:

the game looks really bad still but god drat Breakouts and the new CAW tools are some dope poo poo

I think the only other game that I've seen with a Breakout type mechanic is Giant Gram 2000 and I have no idea whatsoever how those worked, or if more than one character had one.

Didn't one of the Xbox RAW games have it where you could jump people during their entrance?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alright, from what I can see in this stream MyCareer is 100x better than last year's version.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Sky Shadowing posted:

Alright, from what I can see in this stream MyCareer is 100x better than last year's version.

:laffo: Not able to control title matches in Universe mode confirmed :v:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

super macho dude posted:

:laffo: Not able to control title matches in Universe mode confirmed :v:

Title matches still happen, right? I can't believe I actually have to ask this, but it's this series.

If the behavior sliders for AI actually work I might go for this game. If I can have a YTR CAW that is a total cowardly fucker who tries to end the match with roll-ups ASAP that would be fantastic.

Anyone know if injuries, turns and all that cool stuff can happen without rivalries? Rivalries loving suck, I don't want to have two guys trading meaningless wins for a month minimum.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I feel the frustration.

Every October I look forward to the new next-gen wrestling game. Every year I get super annoyed at how it's just not on par with other sports games and how it's borderline broken. Then, I just end up going back to Fire Pro R and feeling a lot better and having a lot more fun. I'm so sad because the wrestling bust basically killed Japanese-made wrestling games.

I guess I'm really asking are there any good current 2015 FPR saves out now?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxsU7KenMw

this game looks like such garbage jesus christ. I cant stop laughing at that dead eyed blank face he has near the end, clenching a fist.

I love that Reigns making his entrance through the crowd is represented by a low-angle close up of character model walking in the air.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tonfa posted:

Title matches still happen, right? I can't believe I actually have to ask this
From the stream, it seems that in Universe mode, you don't have the ability to give someone a title shot, the computer just doles them out according to that months power rankings in-game. AND if you attempt to edit said title match, it defaults to a non-title match.

What still isn't clear is if GM mode is similar, but I assume in GM Mode you can dick around with who gets what, you're just not able to play any matches, only sim them.

Hopefully 2K does a day one patch and fixes this poo poo.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

If you set your own rivalries you will likely get the title matches you want, you just wont be able to have quick title changes on Raw it seems. Regardless, hopefully there will be fixes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Wait what's the difference between GM and Universe mode

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

OctoberCountry posted:

I love that Reigns making his entrance through the crowd is represented by a low-angle close up of character model walking in the air.

Like the original ps1 smackdowns where the wrestlers just walked in front of their tron video

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Universe mode is a perpetual calendar of wrestling that takes none of the business into account. GM mode was all about salaries and audience numbers and competing with the other brand to be number one. It was rough, easily cheesed, and never lived up to it's potential, but it was interesting and was the closest we ever got in a WWE game to TEW, though it was still kayfabed.. Universe mode made its first appearance in WWE 2011, while GM mode was phased out some time before that. Universe mode is a less entertaining but faster loading version of Smackdown 2's career mode.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 25, 2015

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The ghost of No Mercy still reigns over this horrible franchise

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My Paul Heyman is going to take Velocity to the top of the ratings!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

super macho dude posted:

From the stream, it seems that in Universe mode, you don't have the ability to give someone a title shot, the computer just doles them out according to that months power rankings in-game. AND if you attempt to edit said title match, it defaults to a non-title match.

What still isn't clear is if GM mode is similar, but I assume in GM Mode you can dick around with who gets what, you're just not able to play any matches, only sim them.

Hopefully 2K does a day one patch and fixes this poo poo.

There's no GM Mode in this game.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah I was gonna say, what was the last game to have GM mode anyway.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Parlett316 posted:

The ghost of No Mercy still reigns over this horrible franchise

It's been 2 steps forward and 3 steps back almost every year since HCTP and it's hilarious.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

SVR 08 apparently was the last to have GM mode.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Will they at least let you import teams and stables across modes? That annoyed the poo poo out of me to have to recreate all of my alliances.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Davros1 posted:

There's no GM Mode in this game.

Well gently caress me then. Teaches me not to trust random youtube videos.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Daaaaamn. Universe is completely Smackdown 2 career mode with the ability to change matches. Right down to nonsensical cutscenes and no title match influence.

Yep: I suggest as many as possible wait til that Black Friday sale to see what the deal truly is. Don't get this poo poo on day one. You might just become part of the problem.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Can't you just reorder who the number 1 contender is? That's how I booked title matches in 2k15

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Can't you just reorder who the number 1 contender is? That's how I booked title matches in 2k15

How do you do that? AFAIK you couldn't do this manually, you just had to job out the #1 to whoever you wanted to throw into a title match.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

1st AD posted:

How do you do that? AFAIK you couldn't do this manually, you just had to job out the #1 to whoever you wanted to throw into a title match.

In 2k15 you go in to the numbered contender list, press X or something and you can reorder the rankings. I did it dozens of times.

As long as the champ isn't currently in a feud it will book them against whoever you chose to be #1

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey did they tell us whether our CAWs/custom brands/custom schedules are factored into career mode? or just universe mode. i would ask GM mode but idk what that is

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

epitasis posted:

hey did they tell us whether our CAWs/custom brands/custom schedules are factored into career mode? or just universe mode. i would ask GM mode but idk what that is

Career Mode is the Create a Player mode, where you rise through the WWE. So you can't incorporate custom brands and shows there.

Universe Mode is where you book your own promotion, you can use custom arenas/shows/etc. there.

GM Mode doesn't exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what about caws in career mode. didnt it use your friends or summat