Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
compuserved
Mar 20, 2006

Nap Ghost

i may live alarmingly close to fishmech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Beast of Bourbon posted:

wait so if i don't buy redtube you edition i won't be able to watch the latest pewdiepie rape joke compilations at all?

no, you'll just get ads every few minutes

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

yes, stickers. but also somehow meter maid cars have cameras that read every plate they drive by so they can autopwn you for parking in a timed spot for 1 second too long. its hosed up. d1ckh3ads. parking tickets are like $72 now. gently caress

soon they're gonna have a fleet of drones buzzing up and down streets 24/7 for an epicaller, more consistent pwnage

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"A MealSquare is made from real food,"

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
well ... i'll concede that it looks more appetizing than soylent, but so does the contents of my lavatory after i've just composed a particularly long post

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

somebody should try to market straight-up hardtack

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
aka a goddamn brownie

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beast of Bourbon posted:

wait so if i don't buy redtube you edition i won't be able to watch the latest pewdiepie rape joke compilations at all?

i wasnt sure if you guys were being serious about the rape joke stuff, but i watched a video that was "popular right now" on youtube and in the first 30 seconds the guy mentioned "surprise butt sex in prison" and the comments were full of stuff like this:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

duTrieux. posted:

somebody should try to market straight-up hardtack

there's a bakery in Boston that's sold hardtack literally for 250 years, first to armies, then navies, now reenactors

they were using hardtack on British naval vessels until the mid 1800s

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
i didn't realize how terrible pewdiepie was until I looked at the thumbnails in his "most recent videos"

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

gonna admit i've eaten mealsquares, they are about 400kcal each, leave you pretty thirsty, my intestines didn't explode

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

MeruFM posted:

i didn't realize how terrible pewdiepie was until I looked at the thumbnails in his "most recent videos"

what the

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
it's the most :idiocracy: thing i've seen in a while

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shifty Pony posted:

they tried something similar to this in a corridor in Austin, figuring that businesses would intelligently provide the parking they needed (they didn't) or that paid lots would pop up (one or two did) but what happened is now people clog up the nearby neighborhood instead of paying for parking.

closed: wontfix

feature working as intended

parking isn't a god-given right. if the market allocation of "free" parking clogs residential streets, that's a good thing. it creates incentives to limit street parking to residents, examine metering schemes, or increase transit. market incentives. democracy is a motherfucker.

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 26, 2015

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol i live in suburbia where parking is plentiful and the lots are only 1/4 full at all times. i have a 3 car garage filled with crap and can still park 5 cars on my driveway, along with street parking

parking stickers, just lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bartlebyshop posted:

gonna admit i've eaten mealsquares, they are about 400kcal each, leave you pretty thirsty, my intestines didn't explode

just looked these up and they're asking for $3 a square. i guess in terms of $/cal that's about the same as a cliff bar or w/e from a gas station.

so was it better or worse than a protein bar? i could see these being worthwhile if they actually tasted ok

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 26, 2015

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
*drives 2 hours each way to work* "god i love cars"

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I can see having a big house with lots of room if you work from home 100% of the time. But I like the suburbs so I'm disgusting filth.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Luigi Thirty posted:

YouTube Red will pay content creators based on minutes of video watched

so someone can make an hour long minecraft video with 7000 views and make more money than someone who made a 2-minute animation with 200000 views

basically it's for lets plays

asmr vids

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

FCKGW posted:

lol i live in suburbia where parking is plentiful and the lots are only 1/4 full at all times. i have a 3 car garage filled with crap and can still park 5 cars on my driveway, along with street parking

parking stickers, just lol

Everyone always shits on the suburbs, but every time I have to drive in a city I'm glad I don't have to live in one.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mulva posted:

Everyone always shits on the suburbs, but every time I have to drive in a city I'm glad I don't have to live in one.

pro tip: if you are driving a vehicle, yourself, personally, in a city, you are doing it wrong

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

i like when the girls have nice boobs and put their epic cleave in the frame for me to leer at. its like the cool girl in college actually came over to hang out, i guess back then it'd be "Blockbuster and Chill" .. They never did of course, but through the magic of ASMR i can live that experience vicariously through a GoPro and a 3Dio Freespace.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
city living > *

its understandable that suburbians come in and get frustrated when they can't maintain the same lifestyle though

just let go of the car

~*just let go*~

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Necc0 posted:

just looked these up and they're asking for $3 a square. i guess in terms of $/cal that's about the same as a cliff bar or w/e from a gas station.

so was it better or worse than a protein bar? i could see these being worthwhile if they actually tasted ok

I find clif bars only taste good when you are exercising. Meal squares are more edible when you're just kinda hungry.

They taste fine but are better with lots of water at hand (they don't have a lot of water content).

Supposedly they are nutritionally "complete"? I have eaten them when I'm such a piece of poo poo that the choice was "eat nothing all day" vs "eat this blah in square form"

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Necc0 posted:

city living > *

its understandable that suburbians come in and get frustrated when they can't maintain the same lifestyle though

just let go of the car

~*just let go*~

i pay other people to drive me around now it's p. nice

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

bartlebyshop posted:

I find clif bars only taste good when you are exercising. Meal squares are more edible when you're just kinda hungry.

They taste fine but are better with lots of water at hand (they don't have a lot of water content).

Supposedly they are nutritionally "complete"? I have eaten them when I'm such a piece of poo poo that the choice was "eat nothing all day" vs "eat this blah in square form"

i have a small question OP: why not just eat normal food ?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

bartlebyshop posted:

Supposedly they are nutritionally "complete"?

their nutrition facts seem ok and these are the ingredients:

quote:

Whole grain oats, eggs, milk, dark chocolate chips (chocolate, sugar, cocoa butter, milkfat), whey, orange juice, rice bran, sunflower seeds, dates, sweet potatoes, apples, tomatoes, vegetable glycerin, chickpeas, carrots, coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower lecithin, xylitol, iodized sea salt, potassium citrate, cinnamon, baking powder, Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, niacinamide (B3), l-methylfolate (B9), lactase

they seem like reasonably priced & nutritionally balanced clif bars to me which is alright

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Smythe posted:

depression and disordered eating in action, bruh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Necc0 posted:

city living > *

just let go of the car

~*just let go*~

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Necc0 posted:

city living > *

just let go of the car

~*just let go*~

ja

if i had the means living in a city id like to have a car for weekends or sport. but not HAVING to have one just to get thru a day is super sweet

so many dont even know....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i live in the middle of the city and have a car with offstreet parking. :owned:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

i think these would make a good breakfast replacement tbh

i'm considering ordering a box

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
i only drive like once every 3 weeks now that we're in the city

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Necc0 posted:

i think these would make a good breakfast replacement tbh

i'm considering ordering a box

get this: i eat a single apple for breakfast. sometimes, i eat a sliced roma tomato on a piece of toast. and, here's the catch: you can buy those at the store.

now polease, correct me if im wrong, if im really missing the point. im an idiot, right, im a 30 year old, balding, drunken loser. i have no CS degree, no money, no MFA, MBA, or MRA and i aint got no trust - so im clearly not the sharpest bulb in the toolshed. but please, bear with me here: please explain to me why you would buy and eat this thing instead of normal food. and, also, why are the same demographic (you, YOSPOS at large, etc) that have traditionally avoided "processed" food flocking this kind of thing?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nintendo Kid posted:

i only drive like once every 3 weeks now that we're in the city

when i was single and living in waltham (not a bustling metropolis i grant) i just walked or biked almost everywhere. grocery store was less than a mile from my house and that was the biggest hurdle in terms of having to carry things. anything else was easily accessible by bus and train

it was so rad. thats why it costs an arm and a goddamn leg to live there i guess

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nintendo Kid posted:

pretty much this whole dang city is sticker parking

when we lived in downtown new orleans it was always funy how quickly parking enforcement would tow cars

up to and including resident parking sticker cars (that are supposed to be exempt from 2 hour limit zones) b/c they just don't give a gently caress gotta earn that revenue

the best is during carnival when there's a parade or 6 every single day for two solid months and they'll put up the PARADE ROUTE MOVE OR GET TOWED BY XXXX TIME w/ like 6 hours to go beforehand - oh and the routes are different every year

they really need to just go ahead and force the entire Quarter to be peds only. as it is only bourbon street is closed to cars and that's like 7pm to 7am and you can still drive across it (just not along it) if you don't mind fording your vehicle thru herds of drunk tourists

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

bartlebyshop posted:

gonna buy a box of these next week for the same reasons

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shifty Pony posted:

lol that's exactly what just happened to that neighborhood. the businesses are really butthurt about it too.

imo a street parking sticker should cost whatever the going rate is for a year of parking in a private lot.

in my professional opinion that's absolutely correct

but yea that's politically untenable like whoa

a big part of it is municipalities not requiring developers to provide adequate on-site parking for anything

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

get this: i eat a single apple for breakfast. sometimes, i eat a sliced roma tomato on a piece of toast. and, here's the catch: you can buy those at the store.

now polease, correct me if im wrong, if im really missing the point. im an idiot, right, im a 30 year old, balding, drunken loser. i have no CS degree, no money, no MFA, MBA, or MRA and i aint got no trust - so im clearly not the sharpest bulb in the toolshed. but please, bear with me here: please explain to me why you would buy and eat this thing instead of normal food. and, also, why are the same demographic (you, YOSPOS at large, etc) that have traditionally avoided "processed" food flocking this kind of thing?

i already have a clif bar for breakfast and these seem to be better. on weekends i usually cook myself an omelet w/ some bacon these things won't be replacing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Necc0 posted:

i already have a clif bar for breakfast and these seem to be better. on weekends i usually cook myself an omelet w/ some bacon these things won't be replacing that

i cant bring myself to confront this level of deeply ingrained fail so im going to post :cripes: and move on

• Locked thread