Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Job Truniht posted:

Is Ben Carson violating campaign finance laws going to become a thing?

That would require there to be some sort Commission on Elections responsible for enforcing Federal law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Skwirl posted:

That would require there to be some sort Commission on Elections responsible for enforcing Federal law.

Also helps if the head of that commission doesn't just say "well, we aren't going to do anything about that stuff".

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Head of the FEC probably does as much work in a day as Gowdy does

Jeb's SuperPAC is probably meeting to ensure they've got material ready to capitalize on HW's looming death to ensure it's the shot in the arm the Jeb! campaign needs. I wonder if they're raffling off the chance to be the one who gets to hold the pillow, just in case

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jesus, what kind of idiot FEC chairman would say something like that??

It's like putting up a window cling that says "this house is not monitored by any form of security program and also we left the back door unlocked just in case"

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Grem posted:

"well, we aren't going to do anything about that stuff".

Pro-Jeb Bush super PAC might deploy ground staff to states

quote:

"Yeah, we're looking at some of that," a Right to Rise official said of the possible deployment Sunday. "The campaign is front and center on that, but there are a lot of supporters around the country who might want to be organized to do some stuff."

Another interesting bit...

quote:

Right to Rise previewed its next phase of advertising in a meeting with donors, showing them a handful of ads it plans to run in the near future. All of the ads are positive commercials about Bush.

HA!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I thought it was more of an exasperated, "Nothing is going to happen because there are three Republicans and three Democrats on this commission and SPOILER ALERT, those three Republicans know where the bread is buttered."

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ignite Memories posted:

It's like putting up a window cling that says "this house is not monitored by any form of security program and also we left the back door unlocked just in case"

Perhaps one that thinks saying that will prompt additional funding for his organization? A foolish one, for sure.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Ignite Memories posted:

Everyone with money already knew it. If every criminal already knows your house isn't guarded does it really matter if you tell your family about it too?

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Ben Carson seems to be falling apart quicker than anyone had intended. His numbers in Iowa are more of an indictment of Iowa than a testament to his quality as a candidate.

He'll go through the same Rise/Discovery/Fall cycle that the Not-Romneys did in 2008. Trump is this campaign's Romney, and we've already seen Walker, Jeb!, and Fiorina crash and burn as Not Trump. Carson is next from the wingnut side, and I suspect Cruz will also do the loop before voting starts. On the establishment side we're already seeing Rubio gaining ground - he'll cycle through to "Fall" soon enough, and after him I suspect Kasich will have a turn before establishment panic sets in mid January. Huckabee, Rand, Christie, and Santorum have already had their day in the sun.

Much like 2008, voters will discover and then reject every Not Trump candidate until they finally find a suitable alternative to Trump by electing Clinton to the presidency.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Grem posted:

Also helps if the head of that commission doesn't just say "well, we aren't going to do anything about that stuff".

The commission is an idiotic creation that sought non partisanship through requiring an equal number of Republicans and Democrats for composition and a majority vote to act. Predictably the commission now views every issue through a partisan lens and votes 50-50 on everything. Also I believe they are actually missing several members as they must be confirmed by the Senate.

The Commissioner wasn't saying they won't do anything, rather pointing out that they won't be able to do so in a futile attempt to get people to do something to fix it.

Which is of course a completely separate issue from the fact that their regulatory power is weak and they are completely understaffed for the post Citizens United world drowning in PAC money.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Donate $100 today for a chance to be a pallbearer at George Sr's funeral, then join us at the Bush ranch for a buffet and mourning with JEB, W and Barbara.

JEB! 2016

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donate $100 today for a chance to be a pallbearer at George Sr's funeral, then join us at the Bush ranch for a buffet and mourning with JEB, W and Barbara.

JEB! 2016

Or the socks off his corpse:

A classic...

Bonus cringe:
https://amp.twimg.com/v/5a2c2364-1d06-47e5-921d-442afbc2af7a

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Montasque posted:

A classic...

Bonus cringe:

But how can I be sure these are genuine used socks?

P.S. That's awful close to a rainbow there George. Far enough away to be god awful ugly, but way too close for the comfort of a true, god fearing, no homo gentleman.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The Nastier Nate posted:

Donate $100 today for a chance to be a pallbearer at George Sr's funeral, then join us at the Bush Pizza ranch for a buffet and mourning with JEB, W and Barbara.

JEB! 2016

fixed it for ya

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

You've met with a terrible face, haven't you?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

That thing had better include the bald spot.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

pretty sure it's false advertising to call that thing a "Presidential" mask

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 22, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Congrats on making a more terrifying Walker visage, mask maker. Who ever would have thought to cross Peter Popoff with Scott Walker for maximum terror?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Montasque posted:

A classic...

Bonus cringe:

Where can I buy these without the Bush poo poo on there?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Patter Song posted:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/im-a-little-confused-chris-wallace-grills-carson-on-medicare-alternative/

Ben Carson is absolutely incoherent. Watch Fox News' Chris Wallace absolutely baffled by Carson's Medicare plan.

The stealth best quote from this is:

Ben Carson posted:

If you're a regular person.. you already have a job that gives you health benefits so...

56% of people receive health benefits from an employer, however, when you look at the breakdown it turns out that this number falls to 35% once you remove people covered under their spouse's employer health benefits. So when Ben Carson says "regular person who has health benefits from their employer" he's talking about somewhere around 35% of the population.

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-134.pdf

ErIog fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 26, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

:pwn::pwn:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

pwn posted:

Should have studied English too lmao

Should of*

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

ErIog posted:

The stealth best quote from this is:

56% of people receive health benefits from an employer, however, when you look at the breakdown it turns out that this number falls to 35% once you remove people covered under their spouse's employer health benefits. So when Ben Carson says "regular person who has health benefits from their employer" he's talking about somewhere around 35% of the population.

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p70-134.pdf

Mitt Romney said that 47% of America didn't take personal responsibility. Now Ben Carson is saying that 65% of the population isn't "regular".

To be fair, he is a doctor, maybe he means they have sporadic bowel movements.

More seriously, every person thinks that their personal experience is ordinary. When I was growing up, I thought most people worked for IBM like my dad. In my defense, I was 7. Carson is older than that.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
So let's look at the scoreboard for a second:

Donald Trump has cuckolded Fox News, held the entire RNC for ransom before taking his "pledge", gotten a Ford plant moved back to the US (facts irrelevant here), gotten CNBC to change their debate rules, successfully insulted both McCain and Romney, made the RNC face the fact that Bush did 9/11, put into motion some crazy long-game against Carson, and memed his way into 4chan's hearts.

His only loss was that he didn't get CNN to donate their ad money to charity, but that was a longshot.

Yeah, he's an idiot though, he has no strategy and he's just got a great streak of luck going.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The documentary revealing that Trump is literally a genius and played everyone like a fiddle is going to be a great watch. Assuming there's still Netflix post WW3.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The documentary revealing that Trump is literally a genius and played everyone like a fiddle is going to be a great watch. Assuming there's still Netflix post WW3.

That's a bad assumption. There's no such thing as World War III because there will be no historians around to name it, that's been the case since nuclear armament was a thing. Begun, the trade wars have.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

hope those things are priced to move, hes got debts to pay

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
On the packaging, it looks more like Ted Cruz than Walker. So they can still get another month or two out of it!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I still have a Mitt Romney halloween mask somewhere, it's about as relevant as that Walker mask...

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
He'll still be governor of Wisconsin for another couple of years, plenty of time to clear out stock by selling to the locals who curse his every breath.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Oiled and Ready posted:

So let's look at the scoreboard for a second:

Donald Trump has cuckolded Fox News, held the entire RNC for ransom before taking his "pledge", gotten a Ford plant moved back to the US (facts irrelevant here), gotten CNBC to change their debate rules, successfully insulted both McCain and Romney, made the RNC face the fact that Bush did 9/11, put into motion some crazy long-game against Carson, and memed his way into 4chan's hearts.

His only loss was that he didn't get CNN to donate their ad money to charity, but that was a longshot.

Yeah, he's an idiot though, he has no strategy and he's just got a great streak of luck going.

Can't believe how lucky Trump has been. His poll numbers are definitely going to drop soon. Uhhh what other catchphrases are there. Something about unfavorables.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 22, 2016

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 18, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

* announces campaign by declaring Mexicans rapists; shoots to #1
* insults a candidate's wife, refuses to apologize when called out on it; gets hi-five from the cucked candidate on national television.
* says Megyn Kelly's pointed questions are due to her period; Kelly gets put on "vacation" (11 day paid leave)

But wait until they find out who the REAL Trump is!!!

I have had a vision of the future. I know how Trump's campaign will end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zael-KPWOIg

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm starting to believe there might be some wasteful spending in Jeb!'s campaign.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Joementum posted:

I'm starting to believe there might be some wasteful spending in Jeb!'s campaign.

yea you're right, if he was wearing the whole jeb! pattern on the outside, then we'd be getting somewhere.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Rubio appears to have hired the Grand Wizard of College Republicans.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

Worse, a Doctor Who cosplayer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Joementum posted:

my god

look at him

• Locked thread