Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

I'm starting to believe there might be some wasteful spending in Jeb!'s campaign.

You'd think you'd get a better looking suit coat if you're going to get a custom one. Is it some sort of strategy to look like he just rolled up to Sears and grabbed a blazer before his events?

Joementum posted:

Rubio appears to have hired the Grand Wizard of College Republicans.

A man who has transcended the fedora. So true to his politics that only the highest class straw hats and wood phones are good enough to accompany his bow tie.

Your move George Will, Tucker Carlson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Full Battle Rattle posted:

my god

look at him

I know

that pocket square folding is so last year.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

That guy kinda looks like Littlefinger to me. You know, the guy who played Martin O'Malley in the Wire?

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Joementum posted:

I'm starting to believe there might be some wasteful spending in Jeb!'s campaign.

Why am I suddenly reminded of The Riddler?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Jebbler!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jeb!bler

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Lastgirl posted:

yea you're right, if he was wearing the whole jeb! pattern on the outside, then we'd be getting somewhere.

Jeb! definitely needs to go full-Lesko, but with !s.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Joementum posted:

Gross.

Also knife fight style? Shut up you dweebs.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Does Trump's polling drop in Iowa reflect blowback from the Bush/9/11 kerfuffle? Might he have finally gone too far for the GOP electorate?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Joementum posted:

Now THERE is a high energy guy

e:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zwabu posted:

Does Trump's polling drop in Iowa reflect blowback from the Bush/9/11 kerfuffle? Might he have finally gone too far for the GOP electorate?

Looks more like people are paying more attention to Carson, probably because he's been getting a lot of media coverage, which we know leads to an initial increase in polling, followed by a decline.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Zwabu posted:

Joementum posted:

Looks more like people are paying more attention to Carson, probably because he's been getting a lot of media coverage, which we know leads to an initial increase in polling, followed by a decline.

Joe knows. Trump's numbers haven't really dropped much, but Carson's are doing gangbusters.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Joementum posted:

Why does he look so dead inside?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so is everyone ready for bush to drop out tomorrow?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

icantfindaname posted:

When does the Jeb! drop?

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Joementum posted:

Someone should photoshop a bomb vest on him.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

icantfindaname posted:

This season has been good to us, let's not be greedy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Il Federale posted:

I kept my brother safe.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Gyges posted:

You'd think you'd get a better looking suit coat if you're going to get a custom one. Is it some sort of strategy to look like he just rolled up to Sears and grabbed a blazer before his events?

I'm pretty sure all American politicians have to adopt that strategy, and its related to how they also have to make frequent appearances with their jackets off and rolled-up shirt sleeves. Contrast the outfits of American leaders with those of Europeans. The Bushes are old money New England aristocrats but you'd never catch them looking like it.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

David Malki ! already beat him to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kror84A8J0s

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

This cycle has been great for memes. Also I see the torch being passed from Freep to /pol/... Racist grandpa is giving his racist grandson the keys to the castle of poo poo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If Jeb! made Lesko? his VP they could just print an interrobang on the ballot :monocle:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Oiled and Ready posted:

Yeah, he's an idiot though, he has no strategy and he's just got a great streak of luck going.

he's p much the joker, he has no plans just a desire for chaos

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I just remembered that Andrew Sullivan doesn't blog anymore.

I wish he still did because we'd see him have to make a choice between republicans or a clinton. fuuuuck that would be great to see

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
trump sometime in the future: I wouldn't even know what to do with the Presidency if I won it! I just build things.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

trump sometime in the future: I wouldn't even know what to do with the Presidency if I won it! I just build things.

this might be more terrifying than trump if he actually does pick ted cruz as his vp

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Il Federale posted:

:D

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

point of return posted:

this might be more terrifying than trump if he actually does pick ted cruz as his vp

If Trump picked Ted Cruz as his VP, and they won, a horrible tragedy would befall Trump ending his life in the most dastardly fashion possible.

Then Cruz would turn to the camera and twirl his invisible mustache.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I kept my Brother safe, inshallah

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

If nobody tweets this to Trump within the next hour, I shall be sorely disappointed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
it's weird but it would be like a cloud lifting if Jeb dropped out of the race. It's not that I think it would be any better for the country, because I don't think Rubio would be an improvement in any real way were he to be elected. It's just that Jeb is a wet blanket. A petulant, humorless brat who is harshing my buzz. Just gently caress off and go find some other country to annoy, you leg-humping dweeb.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

The RNC's last desperate gamble to stop Trump...

Also, seconding this:

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If nobody tweets this to Trump within the next hour, I shall be sorely disappointed.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
Kind of amusing that the latest headline that is showing up on my little facebook "three snippets of news" is that Trump won't apologize to Carson over his comments on his religion.

How can these hapless assholes not manage to destroy Trump on this? I'm agnostic, and my first reaction to his not having a favorite Bible verse was to quote mine. It's not something that they'd want to break out on him, but for the record, this was my facebook post on it:

quote:

Since Donald Trump doesn't have a favorite Bible verse, he can borrow mine!

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Irony? Maybe. Really though, is any candidate for President entertaining more strangers than Trump? I don't think so.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Kept my brother safe, Inshallah

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does no one in this thread have a twitter

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

It's Cruz and Walker combined into one!

cunningham
Jul 28, 2004
As a follow up to Adventist Chat, my father and step-family are SDA's (Seventh-Day Adventists). I think a little perspective is in order, as it pertains to Carson.

Like those of Jewish faith, they keep holy the Sabbath, specifically sundown Friday to sundown Saturday is to be spent as a day of rest. Weekly religious services are Saturday mornings, Saturday afternoons are typically spent visiting over potlucks. One should not operate a car, for example, if one is to use it to do work (I lived with a Jewish fellow in college who operated similarly). This is the most visible distinction of SDA's compared to, say, Methodists.

The body is an extension of God, so one is to treat it with respect: no drugs, eat "right" (most are vegetarian, some are vegan, but it is not a hard-and-fast rule), you should not get drunk (many SDA's are OK with a beer here and there). For Carson to be at a KFC, for example, might be incongruent with him being a vegetarian, but would not be theologically verboten. My (practicing) SDA step-sister loves her some Belgian beer, too.

All this talk about "do not celebrate Christmas" is strange to me, though: SDA's most certainly attend services on Christmas Eve, and everyone I know has the same tree, gifts, etc, as other Protestants. They also celebrate birthdays and holidays like the rest of us, even though that wikipedia article makes it sound to me like "Jehovah's Witnesses-lite."

That said, I am not the least surprised that Trump is "playing the Adventist card." Some "mainstream" Protestant religions have a big problem with SDA's; they see them as a cult. I have thought for a long time this would cause a stir, since there is likely a non-insignificant percentage of Lutheran Iowans for whom this will be A Big Deal.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 205 days!
Since I haven't seen it mentioned, Carson should say that while he is Seventh-Day Adventist, and has sworn off violence against humans, he wouldn't let no dingo eat his baby

KabukiAvenger
Jul 15, 2008

my gimp-fu is weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

KabukiAvenger posted:

my gimp-fu is weak

lol. You've done good.

• Locked thread