Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Noah posted:

They said that its proprietary. They're making their own engine.

Lol, I'm guessing your agreeing with him but I don't know if you know you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Oh sorry. I am just pointing out its not on an Unreal engine or anything. I don't know if when they say they're building their own, they are re-using anything, or from the ground up. But its also not Gamebryo, that's a plus.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The screenshot with water that looks exactly identical to camelot's repeated square water texture makes me think they could of reused something from the old days, but I have no idea really.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The screenshot with water that looks exactly identical to camelot's repeated square water texture makes me think they could of reused something from the old days, but I have no idea really.

Are you sure mythic cuts corners? I'm still waiting on 3 racial cities per side in warhammer.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
"heavy fighters" sounds like an insult at goons.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Erev posted:

From what I've seen it looks like half the people planning to play are planning on going Viking - Goon or otherwise. That'll be a hard snowball to stop. TDD seems to be in the middle ground with the Arthurians bringing up the rear.

Personally I'm planning on going Arthurian in part for the challenge and in part due to the source material.

Invariably, Arthurians are the "good" guys. In most games there is an influx of noobish players who pick them, as the "elites" go to other factions, but eventually all those factions collapse under the weight of the "good guy" faction constantly having the numbers to run objectives over and people don't want to miss out on the loot train.

I personally have no problem with this. I will push goons to go that faction because medium/long term it's always the best solution in games like this. Vikings "look" cool and have a nice aesthetic that a lot of Skyrim players will flock to, but at the end of the day when the chips are down 3-6 months after release, the zerg faction will be Arthurians. Goons do best in a faction like this where skill doesn't matter in the face of huge numbers. I've learned from experience that goonionism is a hammer to smash poo poo with, not a surgical knife.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Kimsemus posted:

Invariably, Arthurians are the "good" guys. In most games there is an influx of noobish players who pick them, as the "elites" go to other factions, but eventually all those factions collapse under the weight of the "good guy" faction constantly having the numbers to run objectives over and people don't want to miss out on the loot train.

I personally have no problem with this. I will push goons to go that faction because medium/long term it's always the best solution in games like this. Vikings "look" cool and have a nice aesthetic that a lot of Skyrim players will flock to, but at the end of the day when the chips are down 3-6 months after release, the zerg faction will be Arthurians. Goons do best in a faction like this where skill doesn't matter in the face of huge numbers. I've learned from experience that goonionism is a hammer to smash poo poo with, not a surgical knife.

this is the correct answer. play vikings to look cool while losing. play the good guys to win

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder what effect it would have on the population numbers if you showed the % of players on each side at any given moment when someone went to choose, would people try to keep it 33%/33%/33% or would it cause everyone to join one faction if that faction had a larger %, like 50%/25%/25%.

Another problem with population balance is if one side just isn't as developed as the other sides, Hibernia always suffered from low populations because they were plagued by brokenly weak classes/confusing horse routes/long walk to reach PvP/towns that were just copy pasted/harder PvE/dungeons that did their best to murder you whenever possible with strong roaming enemies.

I'm not sure if the blademaster ever became *good* and I swear hibernia dungeons compared to the other two sides were all designed to murder the players as often and brutally as possible with how much stuff roamed around in them.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 17, 2015

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wonder what effect it would have on the population numbers if you showed the % of players on each side at any given moment when someone went to choose, would people try to keep it 33%/33%/33% or would it cause everyone to join one faction if that faction had a larger %, like 50%/25%/25%.

Another problem with population balance is if one side just isn't as developed as the other sides, Hibernia always suffered from low populations because they were plagued by brokenly weak classes/confusing horse routes/long walk to reach PvP/towns that were just copy pasted/harder PvE/dungeons that did their best to murder you whenever possible with strong roaming enemies.

I'm not sure if the blademaster ever became *good* and I swear hibernia dungeons compared to the other two sides were all designed to murder the players as often and brutally as possible with how much stuff roamed around in them.

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the dungeons were all the same. They just changed the type and level of the mobs.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
At one point in the beginning, only Albion had itemized 40-50 dungeon. Hib and Mid had exp dungeons, with no items.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Xae posted:

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure the dungeons were all the same. They just changed the type and level of the mobs.

I know some of the cave dungeons in hibernia were copy/pasted from other sides, but I'm pretty sure the tomb of muire in hibernia was unique to hibernia, the lowest level dungeon and my memories of it involved it being filled with people and you had to wade through graves in every corridor and deal with the patrolling bosses.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Noah posted:

At one point in the beginning, only Albion had itemized 40-50 dungeon. Hib and Mid had exp dungeons, with no items.

What was the itemized albion dungeon? We had the catacombs but that was like 30s-40s 25-35, I grinded up to 45 with it.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 19, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Stonehenge.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kazvall posted:

Stonehenge.

I keep thinking stonehenge is the catacombs. There's no way you could lvl to 50 in stonehedge. The last room was just lvl 40-45 monsters.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 19, 2015

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I keep thinking stonehenge is the catacombs. There's no way you could lvl to 50 in stonehedge. The last room was just lvl 40-45 monsters.

The Wight room had oranges to a 50 iirc. Mostly I'd end up there when Lyonesse got old, or bad, or I just forgot to bind.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kazvall posted:

The Wight room had oranges to a 50 iirc. Mostly I'd end up there when Lyonesse got old, or bad, or I just forgot to bind.

I played on Albion 3 times, the first time as a merc. We never had pbaoe groups for catacombs it was pretty much pulling one at a time. Never made it to lvl 50 on that guy.

I leveled 2 more Albion characters to lvl 50 in shrouded isles, both times with pbaoe groups. The grind dungeon was so much better in shrouded isles since it was more open and easier to navigate throughout.

I think Albion had a pbaoe class not many people liked to be or something because we did not have alot of them.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I played on Albion 3 times, the first time as a merc. We never had pbaoe groups for catacombs it was pretty much pulling one at a time. Never made it to lvl 50 on that guy.

I leveled 2 more Albion characters to lvl 50 in shrouded isles, both times with pbaoe groups. The grind dungeon was so much better in shrouded isles since it was more open and easier to navigate throughout.

I think Albion had a pbaoe class not many people liked to be or something because we did not have alot of them.

That was the only thing Ice Wizards were good for.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Xae posted:

That was the only thing Ice Wizards were good for.

I think hibs pbaoe class could be used as a duel role and not just have to be a pbaoe bot?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Tenzarin posted:

I think hibs pbaoe class could be used as a duel role and not just have to be a pbaoe bot?

Light Eldritches I think.

I also think both Elditch and Enchanter had PBAoE. Plus Bainshee eventually.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
One of the best leveling strategies for Hib was using Enchanters and somehow just absolutely cranking the damage shield on their pet. I dunno how they did it exactly, but I remember you could get a bub an hour 40+ in Bog of Cullen at the Siabra queen camp. You could fill 3 groups reliably on that camp too.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
they had to have their tank pet out, buffs from a druid, a warden help but iirc wasn't needed, and they had to be in a horrible spec to get that enchant buff.

I tried doing the same thing with spiritmasters after they were buffed. Before this buff, midguard had no pbaoe. Then spirit masters got it and got pet buffs like intercept, and that owned.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

I still think that the Vikings will be the most populous group - the whole 'Viking' thing has really gone mainstream in the last few years whereas the whole 'King Arthur/knights in shining armor' thing has sort of gone the way of the Western. People like their medieval and fantasy worlds to be a bit darker and crapsack now (which isn't a bad thing).

Still, I won't argue with more people joining me on the Arthurian side!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Erev posted:

I still think that the Vikings will be the most populous group - the whole 'Viking' thing has really gone mainstream in the last few years whereas the whole 'King Arthur/knights in shining armor' thing has sort of gone the way of the Western. People like their medieval and fantasy worlds to be a bit darker and crapsack now (which isn't a bad thing).

Still, I won't argue with more people joining me on the Arthurian side!

Yeah, but I think it's about the long game. Arthurians I predict will become the dominate faction. The fighter reveal revealed Arthurians as having Black Knights as well which tells me

1) It's likely Arthurians will have a darker aesthetic

and

2) It seems to be an EXTREMELY mitigation/shield based subclass, if Arthurians get a heavy defensive (Paladin) style healer their zerg will be EXTREMELY hard to beat.

and 3, this looks cool:

:frogsiren: I WILL UPDATE THE OP COMPLETELY ONCE ALL CLASSES ARE DONE.

Also, look at the kind of group abilities BK's get:

quote:

Fear Us
Inflicts panic on nearby enemies, and applies a physical debuff that greatly reduces the power of their damage-dealing abilities against other Black Knights for a moderate duration.

THE PLATE WALL LIVES ON.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 20, 2015

Orv
May 4, 2011
Next classes are all really cool thematically at least.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Orv posted:

Next classes are all really cool thematically at least.

They're doing a good job of making each faction's classes feel unique and have alluded to a lot of specialized mechanics. Which sounds like a lot of fun and gives racial choice a lot of meaning -- however will likely be a nightmare to balance, just like DAoC.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
2 questions:

Are the Tuatha as awsome in this game as they were in irish mythology? Cus I really liked those dudes.

Can we play as the Hiberian National Liberation Army?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Pavlov posted:

2 questions:

Are the Tuatha as awsome in this game as they were in irish mythology? Cus I really liked those dudes.

Can we play as the Hiberian National Liberation Army?

I would love it if the Tuatha were as metal as they are in mythology, but they'll probably make them fruity for a broader appeal and/or to have a pretty option. If they're making Arthurians dark I don't see the Norse folk being the pretty option.

As for your second question: if they don't gently caress it up, hell yeah let's bomb some carriages.

(They're gonna gently caress it up)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
OP has been updated with new and exciting information! :toot:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like new and exciting information

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
In my opinion, the Arthurian classes seem by far the most aesthetically coolest, and best for just straightforward abilities within their classes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you guys dont let me be an enchanted knight golem then gently caress you

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

if you guys dont let me be an enchanted knight golem then gently caress you

You can be a shapeshifting golem playing a shapeshifting class. :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

You can be a shapeshifting golem playing a shapeshifting class. :v:

:agreed:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look forward to this game coming out so I can play with you all again. I'll be Hibernian or whatever it is in this game so maybe I'll be seeing you all in pvp.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Kimsemus posted:

In my opinion, the Arthurian classes seem by far the most aesthetically coolest, and best for just straightforward abilities within their classes.

doin the lord's work

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

And a whole hearted gently caress you to anyone who's not a silverhand

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Abbot and their dual morning stars is looking pretty tempting.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Kazvall posted:

And a whole hearted gently caress you to anyone who's not a silverhand

Um, fat mushroom person supremacy?

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

We clearly need to be the side with the hottest 10 year olds, if we are going to recapture the magic of Archeage's peado drama. I nomninate KaneTW as paedo guild leader and the Irish clearly have the race most resembling a hot six year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I'm really impressed with the aesthetic direction they are going with their classes. They are really out there and very far from the standard Warrior/Cleric/Wizard trio. Off course that's all flavor and in-game they might play similarly.
I really hope the character customization/specialization to tailor make the abilities of your character to your preferences are as good as they seem like right now. I really like the Boons&Banes management.

Besides from the very early Alpha I haven't logged in anymore. I am not worried about bugs and blandness for playtesting, is there any fun to be had right now or is there not yet much of a game to play?

• Locked thread