Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

9 Chickweed Lane 10/25/2004

Zits

Well poo poo. Although the circumstances, and background data are rather dubious, Mark ain't lyin' here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He also bought a piano while under the trance.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The Paul Gilligan and Kory Merritt Sunday Power Hour

That rocket isn't positioned to reach escape velocity, or really do anything other than go through the air in a nice arc before crashing. They all just really hate that one squirrel.

Poptropica

Jorge's right. You'll appreciate that when you're older, Ollie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOLaTBMxmbk

Lost Side of Suburbia

Rufus must not watch a lot of dashcam videos. Swears are the only блять Russian words I know.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (October 27, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Pogo (August 29, 1965)

Back To B.C.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set guest starts in Retail.

Working Daze would like to remind you that Rita is a dumb character who likes things we don't! Get it? Get it? GET IT???

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is very persuasive.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I don't normally play this game, but this could be so funny if that speech bubble was tightened up or even eliminated.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Supervise your loving kids, Lynn! Especially if they're doing something involving knives! :argh:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Yeah, yeah, Scott Adams, we all know how you're so much smarter than those dumbass ignorant doctors and you diagnosed your own dysphonia and blah blah blah. Jesus, you spend any time at all on WebMD and you know why we don't just let computers be doctors. True story, WebMD diagnosed me with cystic fibrosis when really I just needed to change my brand of toothpaste.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dilbert was a lot better back when Scott Adams could keep his inferiority complex under control.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Yeah, yeah, Scott Adams, we all know how you're so much smarter than those dumbass ignorant doctors and you diagnosed your own dysphonia and blah blah blah. Jesus, you spend any time at all on WebMD and you know why we don't just let computers be doctors. True story, WebMD diagnosed me with cystic fibrosis when really I just needed to change my brand of toothpaste.

I was going to say that there's obviously more to being a doctor than just reading a diagnosis and prescribing stuff (like talking to you to determine your lifestyle, seeing what other things are going on in your life that might be tied to your condition, etc.), but I have a feeling Adams' doctor tries to minimize interaction as much as possible.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Evil Mastermind posted:

Supervise your loving kids, Lynn! Especially if they're doing something involving knives! :argh:

Yeah, I was just thinking how she wasn't upset about them using knives unsupervised.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Green Intern posted:

Yeah, I was just thinking how she wasn't upset about them using knives unsupervised.

Why would she scold them over that? A simple slip and at least one of those annoying brats is gone forever.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Julet Esqu posted:

To be fair, most folks don't know about the crazy poo poo in modern toothpaste.

I bet there's people in this thread right now who've been wondering why the skin in their cheeks keeps peeling off.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was just my habit of chewing wire wool.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I tend to give Lynn the benefit of the doubt that it was a "different time" for parenting back when this strip started and things were just different, but holy poo poo. To most people carving jack-o-lanterns is a chance for a family to get together and have a little fun, but in Lynn's world parents leave their children alone to carve pumpkins by themselves and her only reaction is "drat kids look at this mess you made you shits YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU KNOW!" when she happens to wander into the room to find them engaged in a classically wholesome activity like that. I can only imagine what kind of dysfunctional hell it was to grow up in the environment in that home if that's really the point of view she had at the time.

And the knives thing too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wonder if Jeremy and Dustin talked and Dustin was amazed to find out what supportive, caring parents are like.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Endless Mike posted:

I wonder if Jeremy and Dustin talked and Dustin was amazed to find out what supportive, caring parents are like.

Guess the Forths weren't invited, huh?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Dagwood hosed Sally

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
In his defense, she dressed as a sandwich.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

They were complaining about not getting an invite yesterday, because Sally Forth is just great.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

I tend to give Lynn the benefit of the doubt that it was a "different time" for parenting back when this strip started and things were just different, but holy poo poo. To most people carving jack-o-lanterns is a chance for a family to get together and have a little fun, but in Lynn's world parents leave their children alone to carve pumpkins by themselves and her only reaction is "drat kids look at this mess you made you shits YOU RUINED MY LIFE YOU KNOW!" when she happens to wander into the room to find them engaged in a classically wholesome activity like that. I can only imagine what kind of dysfunctional hell it was to grow up in the environment in that home if that's really the point of view she had at the time.

And the knives thing too.

Even with the knives I want to say, well, kids got a lot less supervision back then and that was probably a good thing because they're learning to be self sufficient and important life skills like... knife handling. Lizzie's what, five? And she's being supervised with that knife by an eight year old? And mom comes in to yell because of the messy floor? Ok, 80's Canada.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

First panel :stonk:

Phantom Classic

That's nearly two million dollars in today's money. Still seems to me to be pretty small for the greatest racehorse in the world, especially a male they could use to stud.

Big Ben Bolt

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015, because I forgot this morning.

The romantics always get hurt the hardest.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Classic Dilbert

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

poo poo, who knew that National Watermelon Day was a real thing?
Wednesday, August 3
National Watermelon Day 2016

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arelon posted:

Classic Dilbert

This is great.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RandomFerret posted:

To be fair, most folks don't know about the crazy poo poo in modern toothpaste.

I bet there's people in this thread right now who've been wondering why the skin in their cheeks keeps peeling off.

I still think it's weird that this reaction to whitening toothpastes suddenly appeared in the last like three years for me.

It's probably just an age thing but still

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

But the Lockhorns were. The Forths are less popular than the Lockhorns.

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

That's nearly two million dollars in today's money. Still seems to me to be pretty small for the greatest racehorse in the world, especially a male they could use to stud.
They probably could have negotiated for more, but I don't blame them for selling. You'd potentially make more keeping the horse, but you'd have to work for it and assume all the risks.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Ripley's

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Out of all the possible outcomes, this certainly isn't the worst, but it is the most boring.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom
How is he just reading this for the first time? I would have thought the chronicles would have been bedtime stories for the Walker family.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He's not reading them, he's just imagining himself surfing.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

I always hear the voice of this abomination as a 45rpm record played at 33 1/3. Or if Tor Johnson were reading the dialogue.

Come to think of it, replacing this horror-child with Tor Johnson would improve this strip a thousandfold.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ms Boods posted:

I always hear the voice of this abomination as a 45rpm record played at 33 1/3. Or if Tor Johnson were reading the dialogue.
Arseface from Preacher.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban

9 Chickweed Lane 10/26/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Mark Trail

Good job, guys. Now you won't be leaving that island unless you just got lucky, and it's low tide.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

This one is better if you read it right to left, because then you can perceive it as the hell-child being sucked down into the mound of leaves to be digested.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

The kids at Casa Foob teached themselves to laugh silently in order to express joy without attracting their harpy mother's attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

SomeMathGuy posted:

They were complaining about not getting an invite yesterday, because Sally Forth is just great.

Marciuliano wrote about the snub on his blog which culminated in this beauty:

• Locked thread