Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving gherkins pickles all have added sugar nowadays unless you seek out the one brand that has a sole "no added sugar" variety

lol if u dont buy all ur pickles from local artisans random people who you hope are competent enough to not kill you with their bespoke pickled okra recipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

don't eat literal garbage and it's easy

:agreed:

So many brands are cutting it out anyway, most of the added sugar I consume is what I put in my morning tea.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Necc0 posted:

i already have a clif bar for breakfast and these seem to be better. on weekends i usually cook myself an omelet w/ some bacon these things won't be replacing that

try using pancetta instead of bacon - it's so goddamn good

I've made a lot of omelettes and thought I was pretty good at it but a few months ago I tried it with pancetta and realized I never needed to be good at it to make them taste great heh

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

at the date posted:

and now you've informed all of us that your mom told you your iq was really super high

it was a humble brag but trust that i probably make less than you or a deece six figgies, whichever is greater

and that is really the metric that counts :tip shat:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that a diet high in pickled/smoked/cured foods leads to significantly elevated stomach cancer

:smith: thanks for ruining everything hp

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

at the date posted:

and now you've informed all of us that your mom told you your iq was really super high

my mom told me my iq was "high but nothing special" after i got into the gifted program in first grade :smith:

also fun fact: IQ is heavily biased towards children so most children score higher than average by default.

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
maybe we just get way dumber as we get older

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MeruFM posted:

maybe we just get way dumber as we get older

there's no maybe about it

you get "concrete intelligence" which is all the stuff you were taught/believe in, like the glory of columbus or g. washington

which works great with brain plaques to really cement it in

you also get plastic intelligence that helps you learn and adapt to new situations

the plastic runs out and you start thinking voting trump is a good idea, and then ideally you drop dead from terminal rear end in a top hat disorder

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

rjmccall posted:

lol if u dont buy all ur pickles from local artisans random people who you hope are competent enough to not kill you with their bespoke pickled okra recipes

i need a pickle from a barrel in that weird independent grocery store

none of this sweet-as-gently caress jar bullshit

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

i need a pickle from a barrel in that weird independent grocery store

none of this sweet-as-gently caress jar bullshit

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

the plastic runs out and you start thinking voting trump is a good idea

Truly frightening. Can you imagine waking up one day and thinking "I need some coffee" and then "let's vote Trump"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i need a pickle in this sweet-as

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
if you want to eat bars then get quest bars, they're expensive but good

but ideally you should just eat regular food

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

we are innovative on the east coast, too. please pay attention to us.

How Sunday night became the new Monday morning

quote:

Maria Cirino, a cofounder of .406 Ventures, a Boston venture capital firm, said that “Internet time” has speeded everything up. With so many people starting companies these days and eager to be first, she observed, no one can wait for Monday morning.

“Everyone realizes that if they think they’re doing something unique, in a few days someone else could be doing the exact same thing,” she said. “There’s a healthy paranoia.”

quote:

“Everything is blending into everything,” said Stewart Friedman, a professor at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.

“We’re in the very early days of the digital era,” he said, “and we have not yet mastered the psychological and social tools that are needed to harness the incredible power of these digital tools that enable us to be connected anytime anywhere with anyone.”

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Boston is not the east coast and there is nothing innovative about answering emails on a sunday, that's called normal life for a bunch of middle class

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bhodi posted:

Boston is not the east coast

its not?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

"a healthy paranoia"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bhodi posted:

Boston is not the east coast and there is nothing innovative about answering emails on a sunday, that's called normal life for a bunch of middle class

i have been in boston and seen the ocean, which seems kind of coastal to me :shrug:

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Pinterest Mom posted:

"A MealSquare is made from real food,"

they've had this technology for a long time in prisons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutraloaf

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Insanite posted:

we are innovative on the east coast, too. please pay attention to us.

How Sunday night became the new Monday morning

Just lol if you dont diligently screen calls when off work.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

boston is most certainly the east coast

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bhodi posted:

Boston is not the east coast

prefect posted:

i have been in boston and seen the ocean, which seems kind of coastal to me :shrug:

Captain Foo posted:

boston is most certainly the east coast

looks like you done hosed up

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

i am healthily paranoid about where the east coast is, now

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

Valeyard posted:

Truly frightening. Can you imagine waking up one day and thinking "I need some coffee" and then "let's vote Trump"

it may be already happening right now!!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Valeyard posted:

i would vote trump ahead of any of the other republican candidates, if those were my only options

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

i would vote trump ahead of any of the other republican candidates, if those were my only options

I....agree with this post :smith:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

fart simpson posted:

i need a pickle in this sweet-as

i also used the s from bullshit :haw:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

prefect posted:

idk I don't think trump could run the country like, at all. I mean he crashed and burned a multibillion dollar corp and he picks fights with everyone over the dumbest bullshit.

i guess though in this hypothetical the only right answer is accelerationism so sure

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
it's too far north to be east coast dammit yes it may literally lie on the east but you know what, nevermind

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

prefect posted:

carson is the really scary one

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bhodi posted:

it's too far north to be east coast dammit yes it may literally lie on the east but you know what, nevermind

are you trying to differentiate between the east coast and New England?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Panty Saluter posted:

carson is the really scary one

it seems to me like all the B-list candidates are latching on to one hilariously insane thing to differentiate them, Carson was like "oh hmm i need an angle... i know I'll be the crazy immigration guy!!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bhodi posted:

san fran us too far north to be on the west coast imo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so i live on the gulf side of of Florida am i east coast? :ohdear:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
does that mean Canada doesn't have an east coast??

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

you can milk anything with nipples

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
im not sure if you are aware but there are about 3 regions to the east coast

there's new england in which people like bad cheating sports teams which runs down from maine to about conneticut, a state with no practical reason to exist except to separate from

new york and the rest of the mid atlantic states

then you have the southern atlantic/southeast of the carolinas, georgia, and florida

all of these states are in fact on the east coast

you know that big long coastal part of the country that touches the atlantic ocean on the eastern edge of the usa

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

so i live on the gulf side of of Florida am i east coast? :ohdear:

No you're Floridian which is much worse

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ayn rand hand job posted:

im not sure if you are aware but there are about 3 regions to the east coast

there's new england in which people like bad cheating sports teams which runs down from maine to about conneticut, a state with no practical reason to exist except to separate from

new york and the rest of the mid atlantic states

then you have the southern atlantic/southeast of the carolinas, georgia, and florida

all of these states are in fact on the east coast

you know that big long coastal part of the country that touches the atlantic ocean on the eastern edge of the usa

as a new englander I,

will tell you that Connecticut is the fuckin worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i hope the entire new england region smothers in lake effect snow this year

• Locked thread