Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PantsBandit posted:

As someone who is historically poo poo at coming up with usernames (check to the left for evidence) I just don't understand why anybody gives a poo poo. It's not like it's going on your resume or something. I can't even think of the last time I even looked at anyones.

If your video games are not good enough to distract you from the deep shame you feel over your username I think you need to get some better video games son!

This, who gives a crap. Let's add actual features instead of dumb poo poo almost no one cares about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

I am enjoying Assassin's Creed Unity guys, I think I have Stockholm Syndrome.

It's not as good as Black Flag, but I'd put it on the same level as AC3.

I was actually contemplating picking it up for cheap, but equating anything with AC3 is an automatic :smith: for me.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

the truth posted:

I was actually contemplating picking it up for cheap, but equating anything with AC3 is an automatic :smith: for me.

I meant equal in technical/gameplay terms (elaborate city vs. elaborate forests), I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I did AC3, it's hard to really rank the games against each other. Unity is a step towards AC2, with some of the gameplay aspects of 3 and 4. I think it got a really bad rap when it was first released because of all the technical glitches and "pay money for in-game currency" aspects, neither of which is relevant now that it's been out for a year.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

This, who gives a crap. Let's add actual features instead of dumb poo poo almost no one cares about.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people do care about it, judging from the posts in this thread. Personally I just abandoned my old psn I made when I was like 13 because there is no way in hell I'm giving out the name I had to friends today

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

big mean giraffe posted:

Think of it more like, of the laughably elementary features that are on that list, which any service like that should have had like seven years ago, that's one of the more significant ones.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Shouldn't have thought of that name when you made it, you dug your grave and you will like it. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 26, 2015

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Only literal children care about having a childish name :smugmrgw:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well, regardless of my feelings about that, I strongly suspect that we will both never know the responses to that survey, and that feature won't be picked since I guess it's so technically difficult. It will probably be folders finally or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I do wonder how many of the truly abysmal names would disappear if PSN allowed for name changing

lotta numbers, X's, and alternating caps that I just do not understand the appeal of in names

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

I do wonder how many of the truly abysmal names would disappear if PSN allowed for name changing

lotta numbers, X's, and alternating caps that I just do not understand the appeal of in names
Presumably at least some of them are because a simpler name was taken. If names didn't have to be unique, that wouldn't be a problem.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Being able to change username is a basic thing it should let you do. I don't plan on changing mine but I get the problem.

That said, my top requests are app folders, bigger party max size, and the return of avatar support.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want that roasting corn on the cob theme to come to PS4. Whatever happened to that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurred to me, but what happened to Deep Down? There's Dragon's Dogma Online now, so did that get canned in favor of this?

Also I quit playing DDO for now. The mmo bullshit was too strong for me,

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Presumably at least some of them are because a simpler name was taken. If names didn't have to be unique, that wouldn't be a problem.

then those people should choose another, less obnoxious, name

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Deep Down is "still in development"

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

I started playing Alien Isolation now. Holy poo poo, the atmosphere is superb. Kill off the lights, plug in the headphones and go to town with locker simulator: space edition.

I realize I'm late to the party, but, to whomever is on the fence about picking it up, go for it. Also, play on hard.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Paranoid Peanut posted:

I started playing Alien Isolation now. Holy poo poo, the atmosphere is superb. Kill off the lights, plug in the headphones and go to town with locker simulator: space edition.

I realize I'm late to the party, but, to whomever is on the fence about picking it up, go for it. Also, play on hard.

Agreed. I only have the wired silver headset (picked it up at target new on clearance for 12$ lol), but a good surround sound makes the game much scarier/ more atmospheric for sure. Do like I did: watch alien for Halloween and then immediately play isolation.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just finished up "Chapter 1" of Metal Gear last night. My enjoyment of the game has cooled significantly as I've played through it. For the amount of story and overall length, I think it needed more meaningful content than it has. There are like 5 billion weapons/gadgets/etc but only like ~10 or so outposts to explore that are more than a few huts (I'm pulling that number out of my rear end so feel free to correct me.)

The story felt done to me after Chapter 1 too, I know there are still some plot points to tie up but having the two chapters separated like they are feels weird to me. I'll probably play through Chapter 2 eventually once I've had some distance from the game, but I feel absolutely no urge to do so at the moment.

edit: Also, the boss fight with Sahelanthropus was a let down. For a series known for its boss fights, having the final boss be "shoot this giant robot a whole bunch" seems really lame.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 26, 2015

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My top request isn't on the list but I can understand it being less of a priority than a few things on that list population-wise: just give me some way of backing up individual games with all the patches and DLC installed so I don't have to, for example, redownload an 11+ gig patch to reinstall Until Dawn or a 17+ gig patch to reinstall Destiny.

For stuff actually on the list, I'll take Folders, Classics, Hiding items from the library and changing PSN ID as my top choices.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
That seems like the common pattern. A friend ranted to me last night about how frustrated he was with Metal Gear's repetitive content. He went from absolutely loving the game to bored as hell in one afternoon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

Deep Down is "still in development"

Development turned out to be a serious clusterfuck. This was one of the first PlayStation 4 games shown off too and now its looking to be the next the Last Guardian.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I just want that roasting corn on the cob theme to come to PS4. Whatever happened to that?

I think the guy on NeoGAF who is somehow able to make/submit PS4 themes was working on a new version, but it doesn't look as good.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Paranoid Peanut posted:

The best part is that the controller speaker functions as the motion detector and somehow having the sound be realistic to where it would be for your character makes it all the more loving frightening when it beeps.

Also sometimes it just beeps for no apparent loving reason and that's scary as poo poo.

Seafea
Mar 21, 2003

They say it's not what life throws at you, but how you deal with it.
I just want the ability to create friend groups and filter them, so I can do something like give priority in my activity feed to people I know in real life.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Seafea posted:

I just want the ability to create friend groups and filter them, so I can do something like give priority in my activity feed to people I know in real life.

this is already a feature

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

El Hefe posted:

this is already a feature

The first isn't. If you're talking about communities, the list doesn't filter people by online activity, and doesn't let you go down the list and invite a bunch of people at once (which is the main reason you'd want to group friends).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

a cop posted:

The first isn't. If you're talking about communities, the list doesn't filter people by online activity, and doesn't let you go down the list and invite a bunch of people at once (which is the main reason you'd want to group friends).

Is't Favorite Groups basically what he wants?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I won this while I was probated

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lmao grats on your ugly looking PS4. Sell it, they are going for a lot on Ebay. Get yourself a nice new gaming PC if you don't already have one. If I remember right, you already have a PS4.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
drat you. I ate Taco Bell four times a day for weeks for that thing and still nothing to show for it except constant bloody diarrhea and a diagnosis of Burrito Lung.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

noirstronaut posted:

So by extension what do you think you'd win if you got banned?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
an xbox one

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

trade it for a metal slime version and live my dream

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

Getting probated sucks, but suicide is not the answer.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It amazes me that Ubisoft isn't taken to task MORE with how lovely these AC games become. You CONSTANTLY fight the camera, objects, etc. EVERYTHING gets in your way. Columns, walls, people, boxes, railings, you name it.

Every single person I kill dies like a human pretzel.

And then there are just the background glitches, like entire crowds of people just disappearing 5 feet from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGscjcSNQ8o

This game is just LOUSY with bugs and issues.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Feenix posted:

It amazes me that Ubisoft isn't taken to task MORE with how lovely these AC games become. You CONSTANTLY fight the camera, objects, etc. EVERYTHING gets in your way. Columns, walls, people, boxes, railings, you name it.

Every single person I kill dies like a human pretzel.

And then there are just the background glitches, like entire crowds of people just disappearing 5 feet from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGscjcSNQ8o

This game is just LOUSY with bugs and issues.

Haha wtf it almost looks like the area just completely reloaded for some reason but then why would some of the NPCs stick around

:wtc:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

PantsBandit posted:

Haha wtf it almost looks like the area just completely reloaded for some reason but then why would some of the NPCs stick around

I mean that's not even a BAD bug just kinda like WTF... but everything about this game feels like it was made by a D-Level team in Ubisoft.

"Hey I know what let's do! Let's remove everything but keyframe animations when fighting. That'll look GREAT!"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PantsBandit posted:

It must be because he triggered a mission that called for the local gameworld to be in a certain state, and that crowd wasn't permitted to exist. So not exactly a bug in that it was not unintentional, just a terrible way of handling that requirement.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Just finished up "Chapter 1" of Metal Gear last night. My enjoyment of the game has cooled significantly as I've played through it. For the amount of story and overall length, I think it needed more meaningful content than it has. There are like 5 billion weapons/gadgets/etc but only like ~10 or so outposts to explore that are more than a few huts (I'm pulling that number out of my rear end so feel free to correct me.)

The story felt done to me after Chapter 1 too, I know there are still some plot points to tie up but having the two chapters separated like they are feels weird to me. I'll probably play through Chapter 2 eventually once I've had some distance from the game, but I feel absolutely no urge to do so at the moment.

edit: Also, the boss fight with Sahelanthropus was a let down. For a series known for its boss fights, having the final boss be "shoot this giant robot a whole bunch" seems really lame.

Sounds more like one of the Metal Gear Solid games than Metal Gear,

fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

EC posted:

Is't Favorite Groups basically what he wants?

I didn't actually know about this functionality but it's only kind of sort of useful because

quote:

Any member of the group is able to go in, add players to the group, edit the group name, and edit the group picture. These changes are visible to all members of the group, including the original creator, completely defeating the purpose of creating custom groups, as any part of the group can go in and make any kind of edits that they want to.

• Locked thread