Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

joedevola posted:

Why is there so much Scrubs poo poo on Imgur? There is a bizarrely huge amount of posts about a very mediocre TV show that hasn't been on the air for what, ten years?

JD was a dumb nerd dweeb, who is bullied by both his professional superiors and those some would see as beneath him in Dr. Cox and Janitor. He also has a hip friend and got together with several women through out the series. It's easily relatable to imgur idiots except for the parts with the hip friend and the sex.

Skaw has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Oct 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

joedevola posted:

Why is there so much Scrubs poo poo on Imgur? There is a bizarrely huge amount of posts about a very mediocre TV show that hasn't been on the air for what, ten years?

Wow there Scrubs is a good show. In my memory at least :v:

The site is made for posting gifs and stuff and when you're not funny yourself, well why not just steal the jokes professional writers wrote.

Gaunab posted:

I have the same question but replace Scrubs with Firefly.

I think Firefly really benefited from the nerd cargo cult thing and just became sort of a martyr. I mean the show itself is ok imo, I kinda like the space western stuff, but it's not really as amazing as some people seem to think it is.

TBH half of imgur is just in love with anything Joss Whedon touched.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Outside of nerds being nerds: JD was an rear end in a top hat quite often (you know like real people) and comes across like a minor version of the people thinking Walter White can't be a bad guy/rear end in a top hat because he is the main character, so he's the hero you guys!.

Scrubs was great though. :colbert:

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

kazil posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Zsj0vl4

As if the world needed more proof that Imgur was made up of horny, lonely teenage boys

Maybe they think feminism just means "women", that's the only way that makes sense.

Although what makes them think the women would even care when they'd have their own sex robots?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
uuh everyone knows that females don't actually like sex, they just want children and your money ?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Feminism will no longer be required once literal sex objects exist and women can finally be treated as regular people. A good image macro.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zedd posted:

Outside of nerds being nerds: JD was an rear end in a top hat quite often (you know like real people) and comes across like a minor version of the people thinking Walter White can't be a bad guy/rear end in a top hat because he is the main character, so he's the hero you guys!.

Scrubs was great though. :colbert:

Every character except the grumpy mentor doctor was just straight up obnoxious and unpleasant 99% of the time. I'm guessing that's why imgur users relate to them.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Fathis Munk posted:

Wow there Scrubs is a good show. In my memory at least :v:

The site is made for posting gifs and stuff and when you're not funny yourself, well why not just steal the jokes professional writers wrote.

I think Firefly really benefited from the nerd cargo cult thing and just became sort of a martyr. I mean the show itself is ok imo, I kinda like the space western stuff, but it's not really as amazing as some people seem to think it is.

TBH half of imgur is just in love with anything Joss Whedon touched.

Josh whedon is trash once he gets his waifus set up on a tv show its not worth watching if it even was in the first place.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Browncoats make me hate Firefly. It was an okay show for the time, but to hear them talk about it, its like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Deadwood all rolled into one. Also, a lot of the space western stuff got annoying after a while. Okay I can understand that there are fringe planets that aren't as wealthy and high tech as others, and horses are better than nothing, but why would everyone dress in 1880s clothing. But it got to be a show about hats then.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8Fzfa

These are fine when they're short and have jokes but holy poo poo, does anyone have time to sit there and follow these flowcharts? I like how the "what to eat one" starts off "are you in Japan", loving Weebs. Not everything is about Japan! I like Japanese stuff, but its not automatically making things better. Though Green Tea Kitkats are pretty good. The only one that's almost the right length is the Horse one, but even then its way to long.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

He's right though.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
The moment I see the word "awesomeness" my eyes glaze over

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

you know, maybe there is something to this *ian demonym stuff. what do you say, fellow SomAwlians

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

scamtank posted:

you know, maybe there is something to this *ian demonym stuff. what do you say, fellow SomAwlians

I'm the only non-goon here.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Something is Awful Forum Goofians

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

scamtank posted:

+1'd and shared!

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

http://imgur.com/gallery/pqyEYax

In which idiots need a basic life skill like making small talk broken down into an awkward video game analogy in order to understand it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

In which idiots need a basic life skill like making small talk broken down into an awkward video game analogy in order to understand it.

Holy poo poo

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Enter the Konami code and the girl will automatically date you!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Radio Paranoia posted:

Enter the Konami code and the girl will automatically date you!

Lol its worse than that the example is a guy struggling to even hold a conversation with a friend without making a flowchart of topics and breakoff points in his head

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

quote:

scabab 64 points : 5 replies : 3 hours ago reply share report permalink
that was loving unbearable and it wasnt even a real conversation holy poo poo

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Oh yes, good idea. Talk about cars in terms of physics. Both of these people are terrible at carrying on a conversation. This was literally the best example?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Eponine posted:

Oh yes, good idea. Talk about cars in terms of physics. Both of these people are terrible at carrying on a conversation. This was literally the best example?

:iiaca:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

quote:

get 3 conversation hacks you never knew at beardstrokings.com/hacks

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

twistedmentat posted:

Browncoats make me hate Firefly. It was an okay show for the time, but to hear them talk about it, its like Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Deadwood all rolled into one. Also, a lot of the space western stuff got annoying after a while. Okay I can understand that there are fringe planets that aren't as wealthy and high tech as others, and horses are better than nothing, but why would everyone dress in 1880s clothing. But it got to be a show about hats then.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8Fzfa

These are fine when they're short and have jokes but holy poo poo, does anyone have time to sit there and follow these flowcharts? I like how the "what to eat one" starts off "are you in Japan", loving Weebs. Not everything is about Japan! I like Japanese stuff, but its not automatically making things better. Though Green Tea Kitkats are pretty good. The only one that's almost the right length is the Horse one, but even then its way to long.

How do you know if you're in Japan though, there wasn't a flow chart.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Ishikawa

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Help, I'm overthinking this. On the one hand, Imgur turned into loving garbage during the Micheal Brown shooting. And Eric Garner, Freddie Grey, etc. So now I'm thinking maybe they're right, because the thought of hordes of people rushing to log in/ sign up to imgur to post about how it was a good shoot seems silly.

Anyway, the comments are a mix of 'nah' and 'loving PC police!'

quote:

AllMyStoriesAreLies 6 points : 5 replies : 9 hours ago reply
Recent influx of assholes? Who says this? If anything Imgur is getting more PC and downvotes the more dickish comments, unfortunately.

quote:

Ewokwithastickgif via Android6 points : 5 hours ago reply
I personally think there are to many sensitive do gooders.

quote:

lucky13kenny via Android8 points : 3 replies : 6 hours ago reply
I miss when everyone was an rear end in a top hat. Now everyone is just up their own rear end whining about everything.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

quote:

lucky13kenny via Android8 points : 3 replies : 6 hours ago reply
I miss when everyone was an rear end in a top hat. Now everyone is just up their own rear end whining about everything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh and I guess I'm just a bleeding heart liberal but here's the newest hot new :shittydog: meme harvested from talking to your 90 year old grampa

In case you missed it, that's two separate galleries encouraging this hot new meme. And I guess they used a Quokka as the picture so it's like the Sad Puppies?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ugh, stop taking offense they are just jokes.

Also, cishet white men are the only people that are allowed to be discriminated against ugh

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Monicro posted:

We need that gif of :ironicat: growing bigger and bigger in here stat

Thank you friend

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Ugh, stop taking offense they are just jokes.

Also, cishet white men are the only people that are allowed to be discriminated against ugh

Those aren't bad for racist uncle jokes honestly but the "pairing a random animal with joke/thought" format is one of the worst things ever

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
A skilled writer could make the first one funny I suspect but the rest are worse then the A Wyat Mann comics.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Those aren't bad for racist uncle jokes honestly but the "pairing a random animal with joke/thought" format is one of the worst things ever

That poor quokka has no idea what has been attached to his or her image. :smith:

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
the choice of animal + photo implies that it feels good and makes the poster very happy to finally express all that pent up racism/antisemitism/whatever

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:911:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shayu posted:

How do you know if you're in Japan though, there wasn't a flow chart.

To a weeaboo, every day they're not in Japan is hell, so they'll know.

Yea, the first joke could be funny if it was told the right way. I'll never get the "jews are greedy" thing, because from what I see, everyones greedy. But then racism isn't rational.

(Yes I am aware of the historical origins of the sterotype, but the fact its used today bugs the hell out of me. Because when i think of greed, I think of old white guys).

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

twistedmentat posted:

Because when i think of greed, I think of old white guys).

And what religion do you think they are, hmmmmm?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Good morning! Here's some people saying blackface is funny.

opposite day
Nov 13, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

And what religion do you think they are, hmmmmm?

If American, probably these motherfuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Critical posted:

Also on the front page posted without a trace of irony.

Whats this supposed to mean? I know its from page 1 but Ive only ever seen it posted as a racist thing.

• Locked thread