Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The percentage of goons with guns seems a lot higher than the overall USA ratio, internet user ratio, and (especially) males aged 23 to 35 ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Those are mechanical dildo parts

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The percentage of goons with guns seems a lot higher than the overall USA ratio, internet user ratio, and (especially) males aged 23 to 35 ratio.

I doubt that though. Gun owners just really like them so they get posted about often. The people who don't own guns and instead like cars probably aren't as inclined to post about a $40 air filter they bought. You get a disproportionate amount of stuff in a recent purchases thread about shoes and guns because those are things people buy to show off and they're expensive enough to bother posting about. I do like the mundane posts about dog food and movie tickets though.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nice e-cig dude

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

£5 well spent!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

dovetaile posted:

I bought a bag of rat food because my local petsmart (where I work) hasn't been in stock for at least two weeks (stupid truck.) And then i bought two books!

Ok not meaning to shop shame here, but what? What could that second book possibly be about if not weird animal roleplay sex? Why did you need to share your fetish with all of us? Also, isn't all food rat food? Are you buying some kind of gourmet rat kibble? Was your entire post a joke and just went way over my head?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The books are just rat bedding, pre-shredding

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

bobmarleysghost posted:

No matter how good he is, his pants are too tight, too short. That's suit 101 isn't it?

The pants are going to be widened a bit, and I'll see about tapering the waist so it's not such an hourglass shape as well. The pictures are from the preliminary fitting, pre-adjustments.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

McKilligan posted:

The pants are going to be widened a bit, and I'll see about tapering the waist so it's not such an hourglass shape as well. The pictures are from the preliminary fitting, pre-adjustments.

The amount of darting is fine; the placement seems off. Maybe that won't be reflected in the final product. Bring those lapels way the hell in, though.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Inspector 34 posted:

Ok not meaning to shop shame here, but what? What could that second book possibly be about if not weird animal roleplay sex? Why did you need to share your fetish with all of us? Also, isn't all food rat food? Are you buying some kind of gourmet rat kibble? Was your entire post a joke and just went way over my head?

Haha, whoops. Didn't mean to share that second one. Yes, it's about animal roleplay but it's not always a sexual thing.

And no, all food isn't rat food. Fancy/domestic rats have particular nutritional needs to stay healthy and the rat food I bought (Oxbow's Regal Rat) meets all their nutritional needs. Would you feed a dog whatever poo poo you ear? No, you wouldn't; you'd feed it food specifically designed for it. Domestic rats are the same way.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who the gently caress told you that?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

dovetaile posted:

Haha, whoops. Didn't mean to share that second one. Yes, it's about animal roleplay but it's not always a sexual thing.

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this thread beyond getting ideas to fuel my own consumerism.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the gently caress told you that?

The rat thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3320057) and seven years of owning rats as pets.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

dovetaile posted:

The rat thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3320057) and seven years of owning rats as pets.

And this isn't the kind of thing you can type and not question your life decisions?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

big mean giraffe posted:

And this isn't the kind of thing you can type and not question your life decisions?

No? I like owning rats and I think they make amazing pets (although I do wish their lifespan was longer).

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

I'm not sure why people assume pet rats can just eat whatever. They can, and do in some gross places, but then they just die much earlier. You could just give your cat scraps of garbage or McDonalds cheeseburgers, but they have food made specifically for them. Buying rats lab blocks or whatever is no different than cat food.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax

sleppy posted:

You could just give your cat scraps of garbage or McDonalds cheeseburgers, but they have food made specifically for them.

Look if my cats can't handle the taco bell i feed them maybe it's evolution that has failed them and not me.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

dovetaile posted:

Haha, whoops. Didn't mean to share that second one.

Haha whoops fellow goons, didn't mean to share my hosed up animal roleplay fetish guide, totally not sexual, nothing to see here I'm totally not masturbating to the ensuing humilation nope no sirree

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

NotAnArtist posted:

Haha whoops fellow goons, didn't mean to share my hosed up animal roleplay fetish guide, totally not sexual, nothing to see here I'm totally not masturbating to the ensuing humilation nope no sirree

I know none of you are going to believe me but surprisingly, having one fetish doesn't mean you have every other one.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dovetaile posted:

I know none of you are going to believe me but surprisingly, having one fetish doesn't mean you have every other one.

Degeneracy is degeneracy.

Degenerate.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

PCOS Bill posted:

Degeneracy is degeneracy.

Degenerate.

:d: I love you too, SomethingAwful forums poster PCOS Bill.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Totally TWISTED posted:

I knew there was a reason I subscribed to this thread beyond getting ideas to fuel my own consumerism.

Also awkward sweaty anime goons making fun of a guy in suit.

I bought the best ball point pens.

And these shirts because I dress like a mechanic auto technician.

And this gorgeous Chacom Monza:

AnimalChin has a new favorite as of 05:00 on Oct 26, 2015

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ballpoint pens are bullshit, man. Get with a nice rollerball.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER
It was high time I got some new gym clothes.

A pretty solid little bag. Holds a change of clothes, hygiene items, a pair of shoes and a shaker with a little room left over.

Shoes, because they don't let me go barefoot in the gym.

Jaybirds BlueBuds X. I haven't had these very long, but so far they're awesome. The sound quality is really solid, balanced, and I haven't had any loss issues with just keeping the phone in my pocket.

Darn Tough socks. These ones are merino, they keep my feet plenty warm and they're super comfortable in the chucks.

Sutra pants. One of the yoga instructors recommended these to me, and while I was unsure at first I'm hooked now. These are absurdly comfortable to lift in.

A bunch of shirts and tanks to wear. I have a huge pile of t-shirts to go through, but these were all fun and super cheap.

Last but not least, great tickets for my wife and I to see TSO next month. Just a great excuse for us to get dressed up and have a night out.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

AnimalChin posted:

Also awkward sweaty anime goons making fun of a guy in suit.

I bought the best ball point pens.

And these shirts because I dress like a mechanic auto technician.

Haha whoa dude, you don't get to make fun of someone for buying a weird-fitting suit and then post that you bought a single ballpoint pen for $5, a monochrome bowling shirt and a loving pipe. Show some self awareness man, you're one left turn from posting pics of your sweet new vape rig.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

My turn to cook some steak, 6 Kg of brisket about to be cooked sous vide.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Spamtheman posted:

Sous vide wagyu brisket??? I'm listening...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Poor Bobo.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Pretty good, but not as good as the internet lead me to believe.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

colas posted:

Pretty good, but not as good as the internet lead me to believe.

Are they realAustralian Tim Tams or made overseas?

e: Actually the plain ones might be all made in Australia? Can a kangaroo or other venomous animal confirm?

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Oct 26, 2015

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

NovaLion posted:

A bunch of shirts and tanks to wear. I have a huge pile of t-shirts to go through, but these were all fun and super cheap.

I need to know where you got the tanks from.

Need.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The nubby foregrips are so great. The slight angle to it is so drat comfortable.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MA-Horus posted:

Need.

I was thinking they might be from the BroScience store, but I don't see those specific designs.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Been watching Danaru's thread on it and couldn't help myself.

I own this game for every platform it has ever come out on and this one was my least favourite. The 3D is mediocre at best and the controls are pretty uncomfortable unless you have the Circle Pad Pro attachment, then I guess it's tolerable. I'd recommend getting the HD collection on the PS3 instead, or the one for Vita if you need it to be portable.

Whatever you decide you're in for a treat :shobon:

Solid Cake has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Oct 26, 2015

nerox
May 20, 2001

Spamtheman posted:

Gotta ask, how much is 6kg of Wagyu brisket? Also what time can I come over and eat some?

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

MA-Horus posted:

Need.

Here here and here. Gotta love Amazon credit.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Bought Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3, both GOTY editions on steam while they were on sale.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

MA-Horus posted:

Need.

Man if you're looking for absurd tanks to go lift in, check Walmart. They're ridiculous and like 4 bucks.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Solid Cake posted:

I own this game for every platform it has ever come out on and this one was my least favourite. The 3D is mediocre at best and the controls are pretty uncomfortable unless you have the Circle Pad Pro attachment, then I guess it's tolerable. I'd recommend getting the HD collection on the PS3 instead, or the one for Vita if you need it to be portable.

Whatever you decide you're in for a treat :shobon:

This isn't really a huge spoiler if you know anything at all about Snake and Big Boss, but isn't it the case that when Snake loses an eye, they ditch the 3d effect when you go into first person mode? I feel like the 3ds version of the game holds a special place in my heart just because of that, although I've never played it.

Agreed that you're in for a treat, though; MGS3 is one of my all time favourite games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

plus tickets to see nile at the token lounge next year