Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Funkmaster General posted:

E2: what's the Osirus/Blue Team ratio? I've heard you only play as chief in like 2 missions?

12 out of the 15 missions are Osiris, any review telling you it's a 50/50 split can't do math and are untrustworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Who plays halo for campaign rofl

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Is this game going to let me jump off ramps in a warthog with my bros in matchmaking without taking 30 minutes to find a game? That's really all I need here.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Vile posted:

i am going to play the campaign tomorrow vile. will you co-op with me?

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Do you go back to the Ark in the campaign, I liked that place

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Irish Legend posted:

You can get the Mark VI helmet and body from MCC. You get the standard set from just playing a single player or multiplayer game, and you get the battle damaged Mark VI for completing the first mission of Halo 2 in the MCC.

Oh. Because I had all of those immediately I just assumed they were standard.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

Vile posted:

Like 90% of this thread for the next 3 months will be people looking for co-op buddies to hunt X achievement because people will do anything for fake internet points.

The rest of us will be dickblainin in arena and enjoying the game as it's supposed to be.

also good to see you back bud, whats your GT these days

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gt is still j0hn mccaLn

Maybe elf but I really just want to pvp and unless there are campaign unlocks for weapons or armor i probably won't bet play the campaign. Single player just doesn't interest me in HALO.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

Vile posted:

Gt is still j0hn mccaLn

Maybe elf but I really just want to pvp and unless there are campaign unlocks for weapons or armor i probably won't bet play the campaign. Single player just doesn't interest me in HALO.

I will play campaign probably once and be done with it. And other than Master Chief Collection there are no MP unlocks in Campaign.
GT: Kiba Stryker for anyone interested, and I have my own company that will probably be doing mostly Warzone when we play together. Champions of the Galaxy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do they explain how humanity has managed to build up an army that can crush the Covenant in a matter of years since losing nearly every single colony outside the Sol system?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Vile posted:

Gt is still j0hn mccaLn

you play it to get a feel for the weapons and the movements and also to unlock req packs i think and so you can say you did it and move on to pvp

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Do they explain how humanity has managed to build up an army that can crush the Covenant in a matter of years since losing nearly every single colony outside the Sol system?

i think it's explained as 'can do attitude' and 'sticktoitiveness'

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah, they explained it in the books. Turns out humanity misunderstood and when a world was glassed it wasn't actually that bad, so a lot of people survived.

Basically the power and threat of the Covenant was oversold and the first three games might as well be about everyone over reacting to poo poo.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

you play it to get a feel for the weapons and the movements and also to unlock req packs i think and so you can say you did it and move on to pvp

Req packs can only be earned in Warzone and Arena. https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/more-info-req-packs-in-halo-5-guardians

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

They've retconned it in the books that ONI was lying about how bad humanity was losing. Why? Never explained.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Neo Helbeast posted:

They've retconned it in the books that ONI was lying about how bad humanity was losing. Why? Never explained.

Why does ONI do anything? Who knows.

Why does Halsey say to Locke he'll be ordered to kill them both? Who knows.

Halo 5: Who Knows.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Neo Helbeast posted:

How else would they get a 10000% increase in budget?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

oh

well still it's halo, you play the campaign to enjoy the nostalgia of playing a simple shoot em up campaign with lots of cutscenes and dramatic action sequences that bring you back to when you were young and picked up halo 3 at a midnight release and played until 5 AM to beat the campaign, then took a three hour nap before going in and stomping noobs in pvp

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Arcsquad12 posted:

When the MC/Arbiter killed all the prophets the covenant realized they were full of poo poo and that their great journey was actually being killed off. So they made peace with the humans and went home.

Some factions are still pissed and at war, but not the entirety of the covenant.

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 26, 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

MickRaider posted:

When the MC/Arbiter killed all the prophets the covenant realized they were full of poo poo and that their great journey was actually being killed off. So they made peace with the humans and went home.

Some factions are still pissed and at war, but not the entirety of the covenant.

This is in response to no one.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

oh

well still it's halo, you play the campaign to enjoy the nostalgia of playing a simple shoot em up campaign with lots of cutscenes and dramatic action sequences that bring you back to when you were young and picked up halo 3 at a midnight release and played until 5 AM to beat the campaign, then took a three hour nap before going in and stomping noobs in pvp

Nope, not this time. I'm jumping straight to pub-stomping, and saving the campaign for a day when I have no internet and nothing better to do.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

PriorMarcus posted:

This is in response to no one.

There. Happy?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

The Groper posted:

Nope, not this time. I'm jumping straight to pub-stomping, and saving the campaign for a day when I have no internet and nothing better to do.

lol if you think you'll be able to play campaign without internet

edit: looks like you can do campaign and forge offline. :coal:

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Groper posted:

Pretty much. I'm sick of shooting computers from all the destiny I've been playing

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Vile posted:

Pretty much. I'm sick of shooting computers from all the destiny I've been playing

It makes you want to go out in the back yard and shoot computers too?!

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hehe

And I played a game of war zone and instantly knew which weapons were good and bad. I don't need hours of a campaign to figure it out. Pistol was good sniper was good shotgun was good

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

The Groper posted:

Nonsense, there will always be something better to do.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

The halo thread 6 months from now:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
i remember when halo 3 came out and logging on at midnight and watching the online player count rise from 100k to 300k to 600k to 1 million over the course of like 4 hours. it was pretty rad

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MickRaider posted:

Might be worse because the Xbox One doesn't have as good of an install base as the 360 did for 4.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arcsquad12 posted:

When the Covenant said they completely scorched everything and humanity was lamenting about nearly all human life and colonies being exterminated, they were both lying because the Covenant can't do that and were using scare tactics and humanity is really stupid and didn't notice that the Covenant can't do that and also I guess everyone saying "hey we're not dead they only took potshots at a continent or two send help", so when the big space navy that was every remaining human ship got blown up in Halo 3 except half of a frigate, they just didn't see all their other shipyards and navies around the corner. Afterwards, they made an extra jumbo sized one that it didn't occur to them to build earlier.

No, really. To be fair to 343 though the "you can't actually glass every colony completely" part of the retcon came about in Reach.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 26, 2015

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

MickRaider posted:

This is every game / movie / entertainment thing ever?

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Vile posted:

3 had a million + peak population until Reach came out.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

No, really. To be fair to 343 though the "you can't actually glass every colony completely" part of the retcon came about in Reach.

I thought the Covenant still killed everyone on a planet - the retcon was just that the planets could be terraformed/recolonized pretty easily.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

MickRaider posted:

You're an alright guy sometimes Mister Raider.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Vile posted:

:thejoke:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Spacebump posted:

Might be worse because the Xbox One doesn't have as good of an install base as the 360 did for 4.

i doubt it. just about everyone who got xbone got it because it was going to be the place to get halo 5. i expect the percentage of xboners playing halo 5 will be even greater than the percentage of 360ers playing halo 4, which will make up for the gap in installed numbers.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011

MickRaider posted:

As long as customs and Forge are decent, I will probably move to that at some point. I found a decent group of people during reach through the thread.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McDowell posted:

I thought the Covenant still killed everyone on a planet - the retcon was just that the planets could be terraformed/recolonized pretty easily.

Oh, maybe, I thought it was that it was just that it was impossible for them to laser everything to death. In any case, by Halo 4 it was retconned so they aren't all actually dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Irish Legend posted:

As long as customs and Forge are decent, I will probably move to that at some point. I found a decent group of people during reach through the thread.

Hit me up. I have a good group of guys I've been playing customs with for like 8 years now. We mostly play default game types with whatever tweaks we feel necessary to improve gameplay.

• Locked thread