Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That's the OOO movie, right?

So Ghost lifted a scene straight out of the OOO movie.

Fantastic. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I mean, it didn't rip it exactly. The buildings and effects are different. It looks like it was just the extras that are the same.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The effects are only different in some shots. In others it's exactly the same/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if any of you nerds has ohranger, specifically ohranger 13 but the rest would be appreciated too, you should seed it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

I mean, it didn't rip it exactly. The buildings and effects are different. It looks like it was just the extras that are the same.

Yes, just the exact same people in the exact same places wearing the exact same clothing. It was clearly a painstaking reproduction and not recycled footage.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Serious Frolicking posted:

Yes, just the exact same people in the exact same places wearing the exact same clothing. It was clearly a painstaking reproduction and not recycled footage.

I'm not saying it's not recycled extras though? Like that's what I said, the extras are the same.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's recycled base footage but with different effects added in post.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
Between the shoddy wirework and the recycled effects I'm sort of worried about ghost's budget.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The entire budget is going into waterproofing the suits.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Hey, them effects is expensive, they're gonna get their money's worth out of them. It's like Amazon, where they rented a foam-sprayer, so they had to use it in EVERY fight, to maximize their investment.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
That said, if this show is about saving people from demonic possession with the power of hugs? I can't be too mad at it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Hey, them effects is expensive, they're gonna get their money's worth out of them. It's like Amazon, where they rented a foam-sprayer, so they had to use it in EVERY fight, to maximize their investment.

is this true or are you making a joke

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rei_ posted:

is this true or are you making a joke

He's making a joke.

Some times they used koolaid too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

John McClane posted:

That said, if this show is about saving people from demonic possession with the power of hugs? I can't be too mad at it.

The final battle will be a minute long group hug against the final bad guy.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Take a shot everytime Gaoranger uses a CGI shot of a Power Animal they've already used before. Megazord formation doesn't count, obviously.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Take a shot everytime Gaoranger uses a CGI shot of a Power Animal they've already used before. Megazord formation doesn't count, obviously.

You'll be dead of liver failure halfway through the series.

Almost twice as fast if you did count the Megazord combination sequence.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think there's a difference between using in-series stock footage and almost exactly porting over a scene from a different series

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Burkion posted:

He's making a joke.

Some times they used koolaid too.

Seriously though, watch Amazon, count the number of foam-sprayer incidents.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Amazon is like Proto Kamen Rider Shin- both were meant to be organic monster Riders instead of cyborgs, both were hyper violent and both tore their enemies apart with their bare hands.

The difference being that one was made on a super low budget at a bad economical time even for Childrens television in Japan, and the other was a modestly budgeted 90s theatrical movie meant to reinvent the franchise and emulate creature feature stuff. So you know, one is remembered for foam and awful effects, and the other is...forgotten mostly. Poor Shin.

Also ironically, Amazon, the most violent Rider, is also the single most friendly and forgiving Rider of all. Seriously half of his early enemies weren't even killed by him, and he ended up teaming up with at least two different monsters at two different times. Fourze wishes he was as friendly as Amazon.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Someone make Ghost slow down please. I can't handle this pacing.

Secondary Rider in Episode 4? I'd get it if this was going to be a Gaim situation but it doesn't look like it is.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

Someone make Ghost slow down please. I can't handle this pacing.

Secondary Rider in Episode 4? I'd get it if this was going to be a Gaim situation but it doesn't look like it is.

Not counting shows that had ended up with a bunch of Riders like Ryuki and Gaim or ones that started with two or more Riders (or Rider-like characters) like Blade and Stronger, is this the quickest we've ever been introduced to the secondary Rider on a show?

Edit: Oh wait nevermind, forgot about Ibuki from Hibiki and IXA from Kiva who were also introduced roughly around this time. It still feels a bit too soon to me though, they could have at least waited until around the 6-10 episode mark to bring him in.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 27, 2015

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I think I realized why so many wanted my rage text on Garo season 5.

It's because holy poo poo http://over-ti.me/releases/garo-01-02/ Garo is getting re-resubbed! YAAAAY

And THIS http://www.grownupsinspandex.com/forums/latest-news-5/bioman-39-a-10829/ got snunk in out of nowhere too. I'd say it's my birthday but it's actually my moms'!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Larryb posted:

Not counting shows that had ended up with a bunch of Riders like Ryuki and Gaim or ones that started with two or more Riders (or Rider-like characters) like Blade and Stronger, is this the quickest we've ever been introduced to the secondary Rider on a show?

Edit: Oh wait nevermind, forgot about Ibuki from Hibiki and IXA from Kiva who were also introduced roughly around this time. It still feels a bit too soon to me though, they could have at least waited until around the 6-10 episode mark to bring him in.

Chase was technically introduced in Episode 3. Though he was an antagonist and not quite a Rider at that point.

I feel like we're gonna get introduced to the primary conflict here next episode and the pace is gonna slow down for it. At least I hope that's what happens.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

So I think I realized why so many wanted my rage text on Garo season 5.

It's because holy poo poo http://over-ti.me/releases/garo-01-02/ Garo is getting re-resubbed! YAAAAY

That's part of it, but also the two of us who were egging you on the hardest worked on its fansubs (and every other GARO, including this new release). :ssh:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

That's part of it, but also the two of us who were egging you on the hardest worked on its fansubs (and every other GARO, including this new release). :ssh:

Oh I knew that. That's why I linked you to this.

You knew.

Thank you

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

John McClane posted:

Eyecon 05: Dropsy the Clown

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

Chase was technically introduced in Episode 3. Though he was an antagonist and not quite a Rider at that point.

I feel like we're gonna get introduced to the primary conflict here next episode and the pace is gonna slow down for it. At least I hope that's what happens.

Specter looks more like a Rival Rider than an Ally so far so he'll probably be slotted into the secondary antagonist slot until he fully teams up with Ghost. Fwiw, Gaim had all four of the main riders show up in as many episodes.

Given that all 15 of the Eyecons are programmed into the belt as well as an upgrade for Ghost, I think it's the case that the whole 15 Eyecons in 99 Days thing will resolve itself about halfway or two-thirds of the way through.

In Ninninger news, it seems the writers figured out that Nagi had no character so they finally gave him a bit of uniqueness. Also, Star getting an upgrade apparently.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
In case you were curious about the new Garo anime, it's pretty bad but the music is loving great.

RE: the new subs of the original Garo, were the old ones done by GomenRider just a TV-N scrub? I think I remember reading that somewhere but I have no idea if it's legit or not.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

In case you were curious about the new Garo anime, it's pretty bad but the music is loving great.

RE: the new subs of the original Garo, were the old ones done by GomenRider just a TV-N scrub? I think I remember reading that somewhere but I have no idea if it's legit or not.

I'm pretty sure Gomen Rider redid them. They could be a bit clunky though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Burkion posted:

I'm pretty sure Gomen Rider redid them. They could be a bit clunky though.

lets find out

hey az how much did you redo of the garo subs

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat

Dexie posted:

That's the OOO movie, right?

So Ghost lifted a scene straight out of the OOO movie.

Fantastic. :sigh:

Nothing new. Hell, the Kakuranger movie lifted a bunch of model shots out of the first Zyuranger episode, Dekaranger reused Carranger Red Vehicle (trying to present Red Vehicle and Pat-Striker as the same thing) and there's one specific explosion shot that got used from Sharivan to PGSM and lots of stuff in between

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

If you think that's wild wait until I tell you about this one underpass

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Literally The Worst posted:

lets find out

hey az how much did you redo of the garo subs

There's a couple lines I rewrote, but other than that it's exactly Heat's translation.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

I think he meant the old gomenrider release

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

FortMax posted:

Nothing new. Hell, the Kakuranger movie lifted a bunch of model shots out of the first Zyuranger episode, Dekaranger reused Carranger Red Vehicle (trying to present Red Vehicle and Pat-Striker as the same thing) and there's one specific explosion shot that got used from Sharivan to PGSM and lots of stuff in between

Toku being cheap is one of my favorite things about it.

I loved in Kakuranger when they had a bunch of background Youkai who were either recycled suits from a few years ago or really stupid looking cyclops monsters with mohawks.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I tapped out of Ninninger pretty early on, but...

http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/tsubasa-ozumagiyellow-to-appear-in-ninninger

poo poo. I guess I'll be watching in November.

Magiranger is my favorite sentai so I'm kind of hyped about this.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dexie posted:

I tapped out of Ninninger pretty early on, but...

http://ukiyaseed.weebly.com/ukiyaseeds-other-blog/tsubasa-ozumagiyellow-to-appear-in-ninninger

poo poo. I guess I'll be watching in November.

Magiranger is my favorite sentai so I'm kind of hyped about this.

I'm really glad they're following through with the "Yakumo went to magic school for reals you guys" story hook finally, but I'm sad that we're not getting MagiGreen, The Best Magiranger, instead.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

All I want is a BeetBuster reference. I love that man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

There's a couple lines I rewrote, but other than that it's exactly Heat's translation.

y

Ignis posted:

I think he meant the old gomenrider release

yeah i meant how much did you redo when you did the gomenrider subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
poison mushroom made a good post about neo-hesei riders, burkions made posts about showa riders, is there anyone with opinions/reasonable consensus about the hesei riders? I've found them hard to watch except for Kuuga for various reasons.

• Locked thread