Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Coca Koala posted:

This isn't really a huge spoiler if you know anything at all about Snake and Big Boss, but isn't it the case that when Snake loses an eye, they ditch the 3d effect when you go into first person mode? I feel like the 3ds version of the game holds a special place in my heart just because of that, although I've never played it.

Agreed that you're in for a treat, though; MGS3 is one of my all time favourite games.

After a little while (before the point in the game you mentioned) I turned the 3D off since I didn't think it added anything to my experience but this is a very neat detail if it's true :) I'll have to try this out soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Take good care of that shirt if you want that foil effect to last. Wash in cold/warm water and hang dry that fucker. Had an awesome shirt with the same kind of effect and it washed off within a month; you could hardly see the design. It'll inevitably fade eventually, but that's a nice shirt and I'd hate for its life to end prematurely.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
love the waygu post, how is the tailored suit guy gonna sit down in those pants, give the rat pizza for food

canis minor
May 4, 2011

I don't know what's going in this game anymore. Too much content :kingsley:

From Amazon, because Amazon sells it cheaper than official site

glass cutter :black101:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I am old. Please explain the bananas. :corsair:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dick Trauma posted:

Dildo carrying case, grandpa

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Dick Trauma posted:

They're plastic banana protectors/holders/whatever.

I use one because having a banana without it in my bag on a 16 mile bike commute gets the banana all mushy.
Seems silly, but really useful for some.

Edit: I might be wrong. Those don't look big or plastic-y enough.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

1redflag posted:

Dildo carrying case, grandpa
Maybe if you're into Bill Clinton dick

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

They are for shoes, via GIS:
http://www.bootbananas.com/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why not just use cedar shoe trees?

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

My boyfriend won a $100 Amazon gift card from his work, so we ordered some stuff yesterday.

We're going to a Sloane Crosley reading in a few weeks, and I'm going to get her to sign the book! Secretly, I'm most excited about the laundry basket though.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Dick Trauma posted:

taqueso posted:

They are for shoes, via GIS:
http://www.bootbananas.com/

Yup - a godsent if you're climbing/bouldering, as your shoes tend to soak up with your sweat. This causes a rather open coffin aroma to spread around and, as such, is not a good quality for shoes to have. I've ordered these 2 years ago (bear in mind that when I've ordered these, the smell of oils these things were infused with soaked through a couple layers of plastic and the packaging, and was quite recognizable even before I took them out of the box), and just recently decided to change it, because, well, I thought that after 2 years I should change them :D While the new ones don't smell so strongly, it's a must have for everybody who climbs, or, generally, spends much time sweating in shoes.

Don't know about cedar shoe trees - they might serve the same purpose.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

Why not just use cedar shoe trees?

It looks like boot bananas main use is to minimize odor in athletic shoes, where as cedar shoe trees are typically used with dress shoes where odor is less of a problem and it's more about keeping the shape of the shoe intact.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Maybe if you're into Bill Clinton dick

You're not?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I have wet feet even with water wicking merino socks. I should get some boot bananas for my boots.

Also my scarpa Vs never stank which was amazing so it definitely depends on the material of the climbing shoe

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Solid Cake posted:

I own this game for every platform it has ever come out on and this one was my least favourite. The 3D is mediocre at best and the controls are pretty uncomfortable unless you have the Circle Pad Pro attachment, then I guess it's tolerable. I'd recommend getting the HD collection on the PS3 instead, or the one for Vita if you need it to be portable.

Whatever you decide you're in for a treat :shobon:

Coca Koala posted:

This isn't really a huge spoiler if you know anything at all about Snake and Big Boss, but isn't it the case that when Snake loses an eye, they ditch the 3d effect when you go into first person mode? I feel like the 3ds version of the game holds a special place in my heart just because of that, although I've never played it.

Agreed that you're in for a treat, though; MGS3 is one of my all time favourite games.

Haha now I really can't wait to play it if I like it enough I'll probably end up picking up a copy for PS2 so I can play it with 2 joysticks.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

nerox posted:

Gotta ask, how much is 6kg of Wagyu brisket? Also what time can I come over and eat some?

The brisket is actually quite cheap. You'd pay around $45 per Kg for rib eye or one of the other prime cuts but the brisket is around $10 per Kg. Traditional cooking methods for brisket would not take advantage of the benefits of wagyu beef in the first place so I imagine they don't sell much of it. It'll go for 72 hours at 54 °C. It's already booked for our steak, whiskey and cigar night and this time everyone is brining partners so that has to feed about 15 people.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Got a Groupon to a local gun range. There were a couple other options within 15 miles but they didn't really have a list of their rental guns, and I'll be hosed if I shoot a gun for the first time and it's not a Walther PPK. :colbert:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Spamtheman posted:

The brisket is actually quite cheap. You'd pay around $45 per Kg for rib eye or one of the other prime cuts but the brisket is around $10 per Kg. Traditional cooking methods for brisket would not take advantage of the benefits of wagyu beef in the first place so I imagine they don't sell much of it. It'll go for 72 hours at 54 °C. It's already booked for our steak, whiskey and cigar night and this time everyone is brining partners so that has to feed about 15 people.

That is a superbly bad typo in context.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable

Keetron posted:

That is a superbly bad typo in context.

Hahahaha, just gonna have to leave it there.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Got a Groupon to a local gun range. There were a couple other options within 15 miles but they didn't really have a list of their rental guns, and I'll be hosed if I shoot a gun for the first time and it's not a Walther PPK. :colbert:

If it is the 380acp model you are in for some palm slap. The 32acp version is a dream. In any case, wear earplugs and muffs. Indoor ranges are insanely loud.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
C'mon bunnie, don't make me correct you.

bunnielab posted:

The 7.65mm version is a dream.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Haha now I really can't wait to play it if I like it enough I'll probably end up picking up a copy for PS2 so I can play it with 2 joysticks.

You'll be wanting Subsistence instead of Snake Eater because the former has free camera movement and the latter has the lovely MGS top-downish camera that really doesn't do justice to the scenery. And Subsistence (at least around here) is hell of more expensive than Snake Eater.

Snake Eater HD Edition for the PS3 and 360 has the Subsistence camera but if you don't have either that's not much help.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
:frogsiren: Techno winter :lumpen:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Not wear that shirt, that's for sure.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Not wear that shirt, that's for sure.

Here, lemme fix that...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Why?

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
He has the talent to back it up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgVJxb2mSaY

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

C'mon bunnie, don't make me correct you.

I have been out of the game for so long, all I know about these days are jigs, stick baits, and fussy little knots.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just ordered this from Amazon UK:

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

colas posted:

Pretty good, but not as good as the internet lead me to believe.

Bite opposite corners off one and drink coffee through it

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

Jerry Cotton posted:

You'll be wanting Subsistence instead of Snake Eater because the former has free camera movement and the latter has the lovely MGS top-downish camera that really doesn't do justice to the scenery. And Subsistence (at least around here) is hell of more expensive than Snake Eater.

Snake Eater HD Edition for the PS3 and 360 has the Subsistence camera but if you don't have either that's not much help.

Oh drat I didn't even know the HD collection was on 360 I'll probably just end up picking that up then.

Barrington
Oct 5, 2010

Mo' shekels

canis minor posted:

glass cutter :black101:

I use one of these almost every day in my work. That satisfying Zen-like feeling from making a perfect cut is quite hard to describe.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

New sectional sofa, but added in a single-section to make it a 3+2

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hrvstmn31 posted:

Oh drat I didn't even know the HD collection was on 360 I'll probably just end up picking that up then.

The download version only has MGS2 and MGS3 and no Piss Wanker if that matters.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Oct 28, 2015

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Are they realAustralian Tim Tams or made overseas?

e: Actually the plain ones might be all made in Australia? Can a kangaroo or other venomous animal confirm?

You can get them in Target, I got caramel ones too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jerry Cotton posted:

The download version only has MGS2 and MGS3 and no Piss Wanker if that matters.

which it does because peace walker loving owne

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Starting to see some real results from cutting (finally) so....

Because "earning your stripes" sucks.

and for keeping on track.

I saw these the other day and this was a good time to get them because they were an add on item

same

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Ruzihm posted:

Starting to see some real results from cutting (finally) so....

Because "earning your stripes" sucks.

What does "cutting" mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

1redflag posted:

What does "cutting" mean?

Dieting