Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't understand why Alexandria couldn't just be really quiet and let the zombies just walk on by.

Cause zombies would start banging on the wall cause it's a wall, then other zombies would hear the banging and join in cause they think there's something neat on the other side. Basically it's like Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Jake Armitage posted:

Let's recap:

we know he's probably not dead. but let's recap:

http://i.imgur.com/rloJhfK.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/D2bDJT0.gifv

he's loving dead!!!

It's like Schrodinger's cat.. glenn is simultaniously both dead and not dead as established by TV conventions, and what we actually saw on screen

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

jfood posted:

Jesus will bring him back to life.

I thought Jesus died in the prison.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

There are multiple Jesii. This one is bigger, stronger, better than the last.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

a cop posted:

he's loving dead!!!

It's like Schrodinger's cat.. glenn is simultaniously both dead and not dead as established by TV conventions, and what we actually saw on screen

That side view stops before you see him get grabbed. I'm pretty sure they're tearing into Nicholas on top of him. It just reminds me of bad editing like the van.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
I think the weird way his death (not-death) was treated on Talking Dead is the biggest tell. There are only two reasons I can think of for that: he's not dead, or he is dead but they're using the dead/not-dead controversy to gin up water-cooler conversation, media buzz, hype the viewer totals. But there's no reason to do that. The viewer totals are great, the show is extremely popular, I'm sure merchandising is exploding if not already.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Yeah, at one point they pull an intestine out of his chest. It's not too late for bad editing to save Glenn!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hobo Clown posted:

They wanted to start a fire, thinking it would light the walkers on fire steer the horde in that direction. Nick suggested the feed store because there's lots of flammable stuff in it, which ended up being spot on because it had already burnt down.

Ah, thanks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
New thread title: The Walking Dead: they should have lit the pit on fire. It worked for the feed store!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jake Armitage posted:

Let's recap:

* There's no resolution to his relationship with Rick OR his wife, it just happens.

If he's legit dead I assume they'll have either a cold open or entire flashback episode where we see his casual not-goodbye with Maggie when he leaves with Rick:

"Gonna go check out the quarry real quick for a dry run, see you at dinner"
"Cool beans, I need to talk about an Important Thing when you get back"

Then Michonne will find his eaten guts and zombie head when she runs back to get that dude's note.

And then he'll be on Talking Dead, since that will be the last time we see him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

a cop posted:

he's loving dead!!!

Looks pretty loving dead, op.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I like that there's a zombie standing stock still to the right (when you're looking at it) of Glenn's head in that shot where he's getting ripped apart.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014

LadyPictureShow posted:

Can somebody tell me what the plan was for Nick and Glenn? I heard 'feed store', but I got a phone call at that point, so I was distracted/missing a lot of the dialogue.

Do people really watch TV like this in the year 2015?

If you're reading a book and get a phone call, do you skip ahead a few pages to where you would have been if you weren't interrupted?

Serious question.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
In this age of distraction people get distracted and miss little things, for example I had no clue what the point of Daryl's little jaunt off to nowhere was for because I missed like a single line of dialogue.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Tellah posted:

If you're reading a book and get a phone call, do you skip ahead a few pages to where you would have been if you weren't interrupted?

Serious question.

I know from another thread that some people online are still completely in the dark regarding DVR technology, so there's those instances.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 26, 2015

fuckingtest
Mar 31, 2001

Just evolving, you know?
Right Here, Right Now.
I'm no doctor, but my chest intestines have been bothering me today.

Also, my shoulder liver feels funny.

Glenn is alive you morans.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
If Glenn is dead, it is the #1 greatest TV troll of all time.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

fuckingtest posted:

I'm no doctor, but my chest intestines have been bothering me today.

Also, my shoulder liver feels funny.

Glenn is alive you morans.

When you fall, your organs slosh around a bit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I tuned in to TWD and then had to go poo poo and then ended up playing TWD mobile game for 30 mins.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

If Glenn is dead, it is the #1 greatest TV troll of all time.

Yeah, haha. Dressing the guy that falls on top of him in the same color, purposely hiding direct contact to him, being purposely vague, and then he just never appears on the show again would be hilarious.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Darko posted:

Yeah, haha. Dressing the guy that falls on top of him in the same color, purposely hiding direct contact to him, being purposely vague, and then he just never appears on the show again would be hilarious.

Well when you put it like that

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
But why didn't he set Nicholas on fire?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Tellah posted:

Serious question.

Well, in my case, I was watching with my boyfriend, had to take the call, and was just kinda half-eyeing the screen while I talked. Unlike a book, if you get a call, the TV show keeps going even if you get distracted.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 26, 2015

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Having drat Lindelof talking like he knows anything about tv, story structure, or writing was pretty baffling.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Shneak posted:

Rick constantly glancing at his papercut was distracting - I almost expected him to slice his hand off in the RV before the wolves attack.

Are we clear on if Rick cut himself or was actually bit?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

mcmagic posted:

Are we clear on if Rick cut himself or was actually bit?

He cut his hand on the blade that was stuck through that zombie's neck.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I bet the new surgeon has to cut off Rick's hand after ineptitude and it gets infected (regular infection not zombie one).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Rick should lay down on the top of the RV and take a nap until that walker horde gets bored

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

moist turtleneck posted:

Rick should lay down on the top of the RV and take a nap until that walker horde gets bored

Honestly yeah. Just sitting in it silently for a few minutes should be enough. As soon as they hear a gunshot or a car or a bird or something they'll gently caress off.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Can't he just hide inside the RV and poke any that come in? Just a few would make a pile large enough that the rest can't get by. Then he wouldnt be exposed to the elements.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

moist turtleneck posted:

Honestly I'm surprised more people don't go up on a roof to avoid a horde. I honestly thought Glenn and Nicholas were going to scramble over the debris and go up that fire escape to the roof.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Everybody expects such a long tenured character as Glenn to have a big emotional death scene so it would actually be a decent swerve for him not to (although I personally wouldn't be surprised if he was still alive). Michonne tells him to go back to his wife but he insists on playing the hero and causing a distraction, and he decides to trust a bumbling, cowardly idiot who had previously caused the death of one of his friends and also tried to murder him. Even with all of Glenn's competence and ability to get out of a jam, he managed to get himself into a situation where he couldn't make it out.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TMMadman posted:

Honestly I'm surprised more people don't go up on a roof to avoid a horde. I honestly thought Glenn and Nicholas were going to scramble over the debris and go up that fire escape to the roof.

Yeah this was really funny. There was like, a wooden pallet and some random debris blocking entry to a fire escape that was clearly in view as the walkers were closing in (but before they actually blocked access to it) but they just sat back and took a few pot shots instead of going for it. It was like in video games where a foot and a half climb blocks access to certain areas.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a cop posted:

Yeah this was really funny. There was like, a wooden pallet and some random debris blocking entry to a fire escape that was clearly in view as the walkers were closing in (but before they actually blocked access to it) but they just sat back and took a few pot shots instead of going for it. It was like in video games where a foot and a half climb blocks access to certain areas.

Instead of trying to see if any of the cars worked, the group should have found a ladder and climbed onto a 1 story flat roof. There were a bunch of flat roofs around and surely they could have found a ladder with 10 minutes of searching. Get on a roof, drag the ladder up with you and wait for the horde up pass. Everyone stays safe.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, in my case, I was watching with my boyfriend, had to take the call, and was just kinda half-eyeing the screen while I talked. Unlike a book, if you get a call, the TV show keeps going even if you get distracted.

When you're watching something with me and you gotta pee or take a call, it gets paused. I'm a considerate viewing buddy.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

LeJackal posted:

Having drat Lindelof talking like he knows anything about tv, story structure, or writing was pretty baffling.

I think they invited him to dumb down the conversation as a counterbalance to Yvette.

His "Zapruder" comment was so disingenuous or so stupid that it was insulting.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
It's going to be lovely regardless of Glenn's eventual outcome. If he's dead it's lovely for obvious reasons, and if he's somehow alive it'll be lovely because it'll be a massive rear end-pull, probably involving Jesus, but if not then it'll be even weirder since that almost sorta makes sense.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Even with all of Glenn's competence and ability to get out of a jam, he managed to get himself into a situation where he couldn't make it out.

I suppose I was the only one eyeballing the fence that appeared to have trees on the other side. Seemed like a pretty obvious escape route. But hey let's turn and empty our clips into a meandering horde of a hundred walkers instead.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I think if they want Glenn to live (and I'm assuming he does somehow manage to eke his way out of this mess) the better option would have been to have Nick shoot himself, fall down, start getting eaten, and leave Glenn stranded on the dumpster still completely surrounded and just looking around with no idea what to do. Then you can have him somehow get zombie guts on himself after he remembers that's a thing, or you have someone rescue him.

If they wanted Glenn to die, then show him outright getting eaten or killed with no ambiguity. It's a big old gut punch and fans won't be happy, but narratively with so many nameless Alexandrians getting killed it comes at a good time to send the message that no one is safe.

Now you have two ways to go and both of them are lesser than they could have been if you handled it better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Glenn is dead though, now that I think about it.

Nicholas will show up with a severe head wound and covered in Glenn guts.

• Locked thread