Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Yea I mean I think it's a bad show, but it was somehow renewed so you've got that going for you.

Brooklyn 99 very funny tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The Walking Dead tonight makes me want to slit my wrists.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

I've finally got around to watching band of brothers and I only have the last episode left. Is there a good place I can read about how it was all filmed, particularly episode 9? I don't mind waiting until after I've seen the last episode to read it

There are some making of's on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vz86r0pgdI

And Ron Livingston made a video diary while filming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKySytn3sj0

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Anyone know which shows are going to be on temporary hiatus because of the World Series? I don't want to miss out on anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Too Poetic posted:

I'm glad that they decided to reboot it instead of trying to make that pile of poo poo good. Why do shows keep trying to incorporate little children in them, like what demographic really enjoys characters like Carl?

Do you have more info on this? What was it originally?

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

drunkill posted:

There are some making of's on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vz86r0pgdI

And Ron Livingston made a video diary while filming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKySytn3sj0

Knowing about how the show was filmed kind of ruined part of the experience for me. Especially the episode set in the Ardennes.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Crazy Ex Girlfriend is crazy good. All of the songs are fantastic and I am pretty sure I am the exact opposite demographic for this kind of show but it is still great. I didn't know it was sort of a musical show going in which really would have made me second guess giving it a shot, but I am 100% on board with the genre now.

I enjoy it but it's half an hour too long unless they really kick up the song amount.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Pan Dulce posted:

Anyone know which shows are going to be on temporary hiatus because of the World Series? I don't want to miss out on anything.

The games are scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and if necessary Sunday, next Tuesday, and next Wednesday. Tonight's shows and Thursday's shows are safe, expect at least a week off for everything else unless one of the teams sweeps.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looking at TVGuide.com, so far everyone except Fox (since they're showing the game, obviously) is still running new.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Well yeah, my comment only applied to Fox shows.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

hcreight posted:

The games are scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and if necessary Sunday, next Tuesday, and next Wednesday. Tonight's shows and Thursday's shows are safe, expect at least a week off for everything else unless one of the teams sweeps.

Even if the other team sweeps, I would still expect a week off as they will likely put a rerun in there. I know Sunday's schedule posted on Fox's website says that their lineup will be reruns if the game doesn't have to be played. That may be the same case next week as well.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

Sometimes they do schedule new episodes, sometimes they don't. Fox, to their credit, is a lot better about not pulling their entire lineup for a month like they used to, especially since they air a lot less playoff games.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3IzgYrOJ88
Sketch from "W/Bob & David"

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Quantico is awful. The voiceover introduction "I never thought I had to save America to save myself" makes me think of the Community Christmas rap though.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Boatswain posted:

Quantico is awful. The voiceover introduction "I never thought I had to save America to save myself" makes me think of the Community Christmas rap though.
Give it some time, it's going to circle all the way around to comedy soon enough.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boatswain posted:

I haven't seen the show but this is the first thing that popped into my head when I read that quote:

10/10 Good KOTH reference, may watch in the future.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If the original plan for Veronica Mars season 4 happened it would have been Quantico. The trailer/pilot had the same high school bullshit too.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Quantico is a god awful show and it might even be less fulfilling to hatewatch than Under the Dome.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
Did anyone catch episode 2 of Man in the High Castle on Amazon this weekend? I don't know if it's still up - it was a special promotional thing, I think...

Anyway, that show has crazy potential, and episode 2 cemented its level of quality for me. November can't come soon enough...

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

Josh Lyman posted:

Quantico is a god awful show and it might even be less fulfilling to hatewatch than Under the Dome.

The only point in favor for Quantico over UtD is a more attractive cast. Both are garbage though.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why is comcast so high in the stock markets since 2011 anyways? Aren't people supposedly sick and tired of them by now?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're the only option lots of places.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bingo. The way they operate really should be illegal but it isn't for whatever reason.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Grouchio posted:

Why is comcast so high in the stock markets since 2011 anyways? Aren't people supposedly sick and tired of them by now?

I live in techbro central and Comcast is the only choice

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So the only way to flip them off is to watch poo poo online, switch broadband companies whenever possible and never watch a thing on television ever again.

Which is certainly something Bernie could tackle. :bernin:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Grouchio posted:

Because state sanctioned monopolies.

I mean I would say thank gently caress I have FIOS as an option which is much better than Comcrap but that's still only two options for internet!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Jesus Christ just when I thought I was the pinnacle of squandered potential I went and watched Heroes: Reborn and now I feel better about myself. Except for watching Heroes: Reborn, that was a lovely life choice.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sober posted:

Jesus Christ just when I thought I was the pinnacle of squandered potential I went and watched Heroes: Reborn and now I feel better about myself. Except for watching Heroes: Reborn, that was a lovely life choice.
No way are you more squandered potential than me. :colbert:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grouchio posted:

switch broadband companies whenever possible

When the choice is Comcast (or whatever ISP you're stuck with) or "nothing", then you're kind-of hosed if you want any hope of being relevant to the developed world.

Sober posted:

Who seriously thought in their heart of hearts that Heroes: Reborn would be anything other than garbage? I mean, "hoped for" I can understand and respect, but who on earth was seriously thinking a quality show was going to come out of it?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Z-Nation guest star spoiler http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/10/george-rr-martin-zombie-z-nation

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

That was a joke told multiple times over 6 minutes. Yep.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah that's most sketch comedy.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bob Odenkirk is still funny. Not the other guy.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Mu Zeta posted:

Bob Odenkirk is still funny. Not the other guy.

I can't wait to see how many dumb rednecks and stupid Republicans he plays in every episode!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Finally wised the gently caress up and started watching Survivor's Remorse. Show kicks every last rear end.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Do the annoying friends of the main characters in You're the Worst ever stop being terrible? I love the leads but every time they're not both on screen I am annoyed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lindsay continues to be a genuinely awful person. What's wrong with Edgar though?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Watched the latest episode of Quantico. Are we sure this isn't a CW show?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

IRQ posted:

Because state sanctioned monopolies.

I mean I would say thank gently caress I have FIOS as an option which is much better than Comcrap but that's still only two options for internet!

At least you have options. I live in the country so its pretty much either really lovely DSL or nothing. Whats streaming media? If I want to watch a youtube video at 720 I have to let it buffer for a good 30 seconds or more to be able to watch without it stopping to buffer more and thats only if someone else isnt using the internet for anytihng. I would kill a man for access to comcast right now.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Mu Zeta posted:

Lindsay continues to be a genuinely awful person. What's wrong with Edgar though?
He doesn't know what schools look like.

• Locked thread